This Soccer news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about soccer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Update: Covid-19 Not Affecting Soccer Match Outcomes In England
On Wednesday I wondered out loud whether Covid-19 may be affecting football matches - sport matches more generally. It turns out they aren't affecting them after all.
Forbes. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Afghanistan Stampede Over Pakistan Visas Leaves at Least 12 Dead
At least 12 people died as thousands crowded a soccer
stadium. Many were seeking medical care in Pakistan, which recently eased its pandemic border restrictions.
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Protesters rally against government Covid restrictions in Prague
Police said at least 20 injured in the clashes, which erupted after a couple thousand people, including soccer
and ice hockey fans, rallied at Old Town Square to condemn the restrictions.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 18 Oct 2020.
- Bird backs Rapinoe on soccer-WNBA contrast
Sue Bird backed Megan Rapinoe on her remarks about why women's soccer
seems to enjoy more public support than women's basketball.
ESPN. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Basketball legend Sue Bird dismisses sport's comparisons with soccer
Sue Bird, fresh off of a fourth title with the Seattle Storm that solidified her as one of the best basketball players in the world, brushed off comparisons between her sport and soccer
Fox News. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Santos ends contract with Robinho after sponsor complaints
team Santos has suspended a newly-signed contract with international star Robinho after a sponsor made reference to the player's past sexual assault case and cut its ties with the club.
Fox News. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Everton vs. Liverpool, Inter Milan vs. AC Milan, Bundesliga and MLS: Weekend soccer viewers guide
After a 10-day "break" for internationals, club soccer
is back across Europe and the USA with a feast. Here's your menu for what to watch, and when.
ESPN. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Valencia Reveal How Teenage Striker Kang-in Lee Boosts Their Brand And Success
A look at Kang-in Lee, one of South Korea's most exciting young soccer
players, who is making a big impact at his club Valencia.
Forbes. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Teen soccer practice brought to standstill by moose who shows off ball-dribbling skills
A moose wandered onto a soccer
field in Homer, Alaska, on Wednesday and decided to show off some of its skills, dribbling the ball before launching it some 20 feet toward the net.
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Suggestions for a Better Project Big Picture
Whispered plans for restructuring English soccer
vanished as soon as they were exposed to sunlight. But the problems they targeted are real, and some of the ideas are worth adopting.
New York Times. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Soccer to watch on TV: Liverpool vs. Everton in Merseyside Derby
Saturday's English Premier League showdown between Liverpool and Everton features one of the most anticipated Merseyside Derby matchups in years.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Soccer superstar Cristiano Ronaldo tests positive for COVID-19
The federation said Cristiano Ronaldo was doing well and had no symptoms. It did not say when he tested positive.
ABC News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- LeBron James' voting organization kicks off soccer star campaign
The move comes as early voting has been underway in multiple states across the country.
CBS News. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- Sinclair has two PKs and Thorns down the OL Reign 2-1
TACOMA, Wash. (AP) - Christine Sinclair scored on a pair of penalty kicks and the Portland Thorns downed OL Reign 2-1 Saturday night to claim the National Women's Soccer
League's Community Shield in the fall series. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Women's Super League highlights weekend TV during FIFA break
to watch on television. With Europe's major leagues pausing for the FIFA international break, the focus in club soccer
will change to the women's game.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
Soccer News Headlines and News Summaries