This Skiing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about skiing and skier news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The Olympics Were No Fluke. American Women Are Excelling in Cross-Country Skiing.
Jessie Diggins won the notoriously grueling Tour de Ski, after she and Rosie Brennan notched 1-2 finishes in two consecutive stages.
New York Times. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Why You Should Try Cross-Country Skiing This Winter -For Fun And Fitness
Cross country skiing
has always been a great sport, but this winter a record number of people are giving it a try. Here's what you need to know to get started.
Forbes. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- Uphill Skiing: Your Perfect Pandemic Sport, Alpine Touring (AT) Offers Value, Fitness, Fun
In the first pandemic winter, a record number of skiers and snowboarders are trying human powered uphill skiing
(AT or alpine touring) and splitboarding.
Forbes. Sunday, 10 Jan 2021.
- Britain braces for more ice and freezing fog as temperatures fall to -7C overnight
Britain is braced for another warning of ice and freezing fog tomorrow as temperatures are set to plummet to -7C tonight after a man was seen skiing
down his road in Durham on Friday.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 9 Jan 2021.
- Skier in NY rescued after dangling from chairlift at resort, video shows
dangling by her jacket from a chairlift was saved in a dramatic rescue at an upstate New York ski resort, hair-raising new video shows.
Fox News. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Lindsey Vonn, P.K. Subban split after three years together
Lindsey Vonn and hockey pro P.K. Subban announced their split on social media after three years together.
Fox News. Wednesday, 30 Dec 2020.
- Twenty-Four Ways to Turn Outdoor Passions Into Citizen Science
Heading into the new year, consider collecting scientific data while skiing, hiking, surfing, biking and partaking in other adventures
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- Brexiteer Andy Wigmore was among British tourists who fled Switzerland to avoid 10-day quarantine
Top Brexiteer and former diplomat Andy Wigmore is among hundreds of Brits who fled their skiing
holidays in Switzerland to avoid a mandatory pre-Christmas quarantine due to new Covid-19 strain.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 29 Dec 2020.
- At French Resorts, Skiing Has Become an Uphill Sport
The government closed ski lifts, fearing they might spread the coronavirus. The skiers came anyway.
New York Times. Friday, 25 Dec 2020.
- Best skiing gadgets 2020: Hit the slopes with some smart ski tech
If you've been skiing
before, you probably know something about how bafflingly therapeutic it can be - whether you're bombing down slopes or taking your
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- If you thought 2020 was backward, wait till you see uphill skiing
There are good pandemic reasons to go uphilling: fewer crowds, no lifts
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 11 Dec 2020.
- Avalanche warnings, power cuts after snowfall in Austria
BERLIN (AP) - Authorities in Austria issued avalanche warnings Tuesday for the east of the country as 4,000 homes there were without electricity and one man was injured while on a back-country skiing
Washington Times. Tuesday, 8 Dec 2020.
- How Europe is dealing with coronavirus second wave in run up to Christmas
Snowfall and skiing
are affecting how Europe is dealing with the coronavirus in the run up to Christmas.
Sky News. Sunday, 6 Dec 2020.
- Olympic skier 'saw' missing British hiker on day she disappeared in Pyrenees
A former Olympic skier
is thought to have been the last person to see missing British hiker Esther Dingley.
Sky News. Sunday, 6 Dec 2020.
- Coronavirus: France to impose border checks to stop skiing abroad
Swiss ski resorts are open and Prime Minister Jean Castex says he wants to stop people going.
BBC News. Wednesday, 2 Dec 2020.
Ski Shops News Headlines and News Summaries