This Silk news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about silk and silks news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Analysts Estimate Silk Road Medical (SILK) to Report a Decline in Earnings: What to Look Out for
Road Medical (SILK) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Researchers develop artificial spider silk that's stronger than steel and tougher than Kevlar
Researchers at Washington University in St. Louis say they've created a new synthetic spider silk
grown in bacteria that is stronger than common steel and tougher than Kevlar.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Silk stockings belonging to Queen Victoria to go on sale in an auction
Clothing worn by Queen Victoria and her children is set to be auctioned next week. The royal collection includes silk
stockings worn by the Queen and monogrammed with the initials VR.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 9 Jun 2021.
- Studio of 'Pop Art Nun' Corita Kent Saved From Becoming Parking Lot
The artist's brightly colored silkscreen works addressed civil rights and social justice issues
Smithsonian. Thursday, 3 Jun 2021.
- Silk Road Medical (SILK) Reports Q1 Loss, Tops Revenue Estimates
Road Medical (SILK) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 22.50% and 3.08%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Giffords Group Plans Memorial to Gun Victims on National Mall
The gun violence prevention organization plans to place 38,000 silk
white roses in 4,000 vases on the National Mall to commemorate the Americans killed each year by guns.
New York Times. Thursday, 8 Apr 2021.
- 3,000-Year-Old Gold Mask, Silk Linked to Enigmatic Civilization Found in China
The state of Shu left behind few written records. A trove of 500 newly excavated objects may offer insights on the mysterious kingdom
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 23 Mar 2021.
- 'Super offensive': Rihanna backlash as singer poses topless wearing Ganesha necklace
Rihanna has been accused of cultural appropriation after posing topless in an Instagram shot, wearing just silk
boxers and a necklace featuring the Hindu god Ganesha.
Sky News. Friday, 19 Feb 2021.
- Record $1 billion worth of bitcoin linked to the Silk Road seized by U.S. government
One billion dollars worth of bitcoin linked to the Silk
Road was seized by the Justice Department this week.
CNBC. Saturday, 7 Nov 2020.
- $1 billion worth of bitcoin linked to Silk Road black market is on the move, analysis shows
About $1 billion worth of bitcoin believed to have originated from the site was moved out of a bitcoin wallet, according to Elliptic.
CNBC. Thursday, 5 Nov 2020.
- When Mongol Queens Ruled the Silk Road
The daughters of Genghis Khan ruled nations that controlled the Silk
Road, the favored route for trading spices, cloth, pottery, and other goods between China, India, the Middle East, and the Mediterranean.
Mental Floss. Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020.
Silks News Headlines and News Summaries