This Silk news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about silk and silks news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- China 'Fed Up' With US Criticism of Belt and Road
China has expressed annoyance at U.S. criticism of its Belt and Road Initiative, inspired by the Silk Road, an ancient network of trade routes that connected parts of Asia, Africa and Europe. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- fixtures: These Flowers Have Been Growing for 103 Years
M & S Schmalberg is trying to hold on to the craft it has perfected for more than a century: making silk flora for fashion brands.
New York Times. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- The China Question: Time to Find a New Approach to Beijing
China's Silk Road Summit was a clear demonstration of the country's political and economic heft. ...
Spiegel Online. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- China puts gentler face on Belt and Road, hits back at critics
China sought to put a gentler face on its massive plan to recreate the old Silk Road at a summit that ended on Saturday, saying it must do more to explain the program and boost sustainability even as state media hit back at critics.
Reuters. Saturday, 27 Apr 2019.
- Failed student jailed for Silk Road, dark web drug profiteering
The operator of Silk Road 2.0 was unemployed and yet lived the high life.
ZDNet. Monday, 15 Apr 2019.
- Queen dazzles in emerald as she shares joke with veteran jockey Frankie Dettori at Newbury
The Queen shared a laugh with champion jockey Frankie Dettori as he donned the gold-braided purple and scarlet racing silks of the monarch at Newbury Racecourse in Berkshire.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 14 Apr 2019.
- Dropout calling himself Dread Pirate Roberts jailed for more than five years
Thomas White, from Liverpool, ran a dark web marketplace for drugs, Silk Road 2.0, after the site's first iteration was shut down by the FBI in 2013.
Daily Mail. Friday, 12 Apr 2019.
- Brienne of Tarth slayed the "GoT" red carpet
Her silk Iris van Herpen gown sent Twitter into a frenzy
CBS News. Friday, 5 Apr 2019.
- Bacterial factories could manufacture high-performance proteins for space missions
Nature has evolved protein-based substances with mechanical properties that rival even the best synthetic materials. Pound for pound, spider silk is stronger and tougher than steel. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 2 Apr 2019.
- Italy joins China's New Silk Road project
Italy is the first G7 country to sign up to China's global investment programme, despite Western concerns.
BBC News. Saturday, 23 Mar 2019.
- Italy Joining China's New Silk Road Troubles US and EU
Italy has joined China's Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), an ambitious trillion-dollar transcontinental trade and infrastructure project, Saturday. ...
Voice of America. Saturday, 23 Mar 2019.
- Italy takes a shine to China's New Silk Road
Italy is ready to let Chinese money build its infrastructure - but its allies remain sceptical.
BBC News. Thursday, 21 Mar 2019.
- Kia Imagines an electric car with coach doors, silk seats and 21 screens - Roadshow
Kia's Geneva Motor Show concept, "Imagine by Kia," showcases its "holistic and emotional approach" to electric cars.
CNET. Tuesday, 5 Mar 2019.
- Diamond And Silk Blast Gov. Ralph Northam And His Wife Over Latest Cotton Ball Controversy
Why is he still in office?
Daily Caller. Sunday, 3 Mar 2019.
- Spider silk could be used as robotic muscle
Researchers have found that spider silk produces a strong twisting motion when exposed to humidity, and may be usable for future artificial muscles or actuators.
Science Daily. Friday, 1 Mar 2019.
Soft silk fabric
Related Directory Page(s)
Silks News Headlines and News Summaries