This Silk news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about silk and silks news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Trump turns to vloggers Diamond and Silk to accuse Democrats of being the party of white supremacy
Donald Trump reposted a video of vloggers Diamond and Silk
on Monday where they accused Democrats of being the party of white supremacy after several called the president a 'racist.'
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Male black widows piggyback on work of rivals in a desperate attempt to find a mate
A new study finds male black widow spiders will hijack silk
trails left by rival males in their search for a potential mate.
Science Daily. Friday, 2 Aug 2019.
- HBO's Watchmen TV series: Jean Smart playing Silk Spectre, trailer, release date, plot - CNET
Yet another hero from the graphic novel is crossing over to the small screen.
CNET. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- China's New Silk Road Will Flop
Through the BRI, China hopes for nothing less than to remake the geopolitical balance of power and boldly assert itself throughout the world.
American Thinker. Tuesday, 2 Jul 2019.
- Former jockey recalls how the Queen used to delight in galloping around the Royal Ascot racecourse
Veteran broadcaster Brough Scott, 76, told how the Queen would delight in galloping around the racecourse before the start of the festival, wearing nothing but a silk
headscarf for protection.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 19 Jun 2019.
- Silk Wants To Send You And A Friend On A Free Trip To Thailand This Summer
You and a friend could win a free trip to Thailand this summer. Here's what you need to know.
Forbes. Tuesday, 4 Jun 2019.
- Exploring the origins of the apple
Apples originally evolved in the wild to entice ancient megafauna to disperse their seeds. More recently, humans began spreading the trees along the Silk
Road with other familiar crops. Dispersing the apple trees led to their domestication.
Science Daily. Monday, 27 May 2019.
- Bronte Law follows a playoff loss with a two-stroke victory in the Pure Silk Championship
Bronte Law follows a playoff loss with a two-stroke victory in the Pure Silk
Golf Digest. Sunday, 26 May 2019.
- China 'Fed Up' With US Criticism of Belt and Road
China has expressed annoyance at U.S. criticism of its Belt and Road Initiative, inspired by the Silk
Road, an ancient network of trade routes that connected parts of Asia, Africa and Europe. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- China 'tired' of hearing US criticism on Silk Road plans
China says it is "tired" with criticism from the US about its plans to recreate the old Silk
Road, promising to "get on with things".
Sky News. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- fixtures: These Flowers Have Been Growing for 103 Years
M & S Schmalberg is trying to hold on to the craft it has perfected for more than a century: making silk
flora for fashion brands.
New York Times. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- The China Question: Time to Find a New Approach to Beijing
Road Summit was a clear demonstration of the country's political and economic heft. ...
Spiegel Online. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- China puts gentler face on Belt and Road, hits back at critics
China sought to put a gentler face on its massive plan to recreate the old Silk
Road at a summit that ended on Saturday, saying it must do more to explain the program and boost sustainability even as state media hit back at critics.
Reuters. Saturday, 27 Apr 2019.
- Xi Seeks To Reassure Critics Over $1 Trillion Belt And Road Project
Chinese President Xi Jinping says his plan to recreate the old Silk
Road is designed to increase and enhance international trade cooperation, as he bid to reassure critics of the $1 trillion infrastructure project.
Radio Liberty. Friday, 26 Apr 2019.
- Failed student jailed for Silk Road, dark web drug profiteering
The operator of Silk
Road 2.0 was unemployed and yet lived the high life.
ZDNet. Monday, 15 Apr 2019.
Silks News Headlines and News Summaries