This Shopping news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about shopping and shopper news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Major retail bosses join forces with Sadiq Khan to call for return of VAT-free shopping
The policy, which allowed foreign visitors to recover the tax paid on purchases, ended at the close of the Brexit transition period in December 2020.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 1 Feb 2023.
- Shoppers turn to own-label lines to save money
Sales of value lines have grown 47% in the last year as food prices soar, research suggests.
BBC News. Tuesday, 31 Jan 2023.
- Barclays unveils string of pop-up structures that will appear in shopping centres and retail parks
The bank said it will expand its 'flexible banking formats' in response to changing customer needs.
Daily Mail. Monday, 30 Jan 2023.
- Linking Donations With Online Shopping: AmazonSmile Alternatives
A number of portals that link donations to online shopping
could be alternatives to AmazonSmile, but none have attracted consumer audiences capable of generating donations on the order that Amazon did.
Forbes. Sunday, 29 Jan 2023.
- CBS Deals: Products to help you relax and recharge
This morning lifestyle expert Sukanya Krishnan shares products that might help you relax and recharge, and all at exclusive low prices. To start shopping
now scan the QR code on your screen, or visit cbsdeals.com. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 28 Jan 2023.
- AmazonSmile closes: Charities say they will suffer
Amazon will soon close its charity scheme that allows people to donate by shopping
BBC News. Saturday, 28 Jan 2023.
- Consumer Spending Slid Again in December
Fresh data offered more detail on how shoppers retrenched at the end of 2022.
New York Times. Friday, 27 Jan 2023.
- Now could be a great time to trade in your smartphone: Here's why
No bumper holiday season for smartphones in 2022, but that means promotions and good trade-in deals for savvy shoppers.
ZDNet. Friday, 27 Jan 2023.
- Shopping habits could help spot signs of ovarian cancer
Tracking what shoppers buy through loyalty cards can help spot cases of ovarian cancer earlier, a study has found.
Sky News. Friday, 27 Jan 2023.
- Luxury retailer LVMH is optimistic as it sees Chinese shoppers and tourists returning
LVMH's cautious optimism echoes positive comments earlier this month from Burberry and Swatch.
CNBC. Thursday, 26 Jan 2023.
- Greedflation? Food Brands Might Be Taking Advantage of Shoppers, Alleges Tesco Chairman.
It's "entirely possible" that food producers aren't being 100% transparent.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 24 Jan 2023.
- Pedestrian dies after being hit by vehicle in Cicero
A pair of shoes and shopping
cart were in the road after the incident.
ABC News. Monday, 23 Jan 2023.
- Here's Why Deckers (DECK) Stock Seems a Promising Bet Now
Deckers' (DECK) focus on strengthening its online presence and improving the shopping
experience are consistently aiding performance.
Zacks. Monday, 23 Jan 2023.
- Op-Ed: The undeniable loss of 'my Macy's'
It's not just another department store dying off. For many, the Baldwin Hills store had as much to do with identity as it did with shopping
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 21 Jan 2023.
- How to have the best Sunday in L.A., according to vintage scouts the Linda Lindas
On their ideal Sunday, the all-girl punk band would go vintage shopping, drink bubble tea, visit a Pasadena bookstore and attend a Sleater-Kinney show.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 20 Jan 2023.
Shopping Centers News Headlines and News Summaries