This Shoe news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about shoe and shoes news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Football Pools owner strides into Clarks sale
The owner of the Football Pools is plotting to buy a stake in Clarks, the 195-year-old shoe
retailer which has been forced to slash its workforce amid the COVID-19 downturn.
Sky News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Why are we 'milking' crabs for a coronavirus vaccine?
Horseshoe crab blood is used to help develop medicine, but some people want the practice stopped.
BBC News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Evictions Could Be Next Shoe To Drop
Millions of evictions may be coming.
Forbes. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Woman, 29, with incredible 52.8-inch legs says she loves showing them off
Rentsenkhorloo 'Ren' Bud, who was born in Mongolia, has some of the longest legs in the world and loves to show them off, but admits she's had trouble finding clothes and shoes
that fit in Chicago.
Daily Mail. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Horseshoe crabs may be the answer to a safe coronavirus vaccine next year. Here's why.
Because of its quick and detectable response to bacteria, horseshoe crab blood is used in testing medications, and now, the coronavirus vaccine.
Yahoo. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- These Rugged Steel-Toe Boots Look and Feel Like Summer Sneakers
offer the protection of a work boot, but they look like casual sneakers you can wear anywhere.
Mental Floss. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Adidas HR head resigns as company addresses diversity issues
The head of global human resources at sports apparel and shoe
company Adidas resigned Tuesday following criticism from employees of what they see as the company's failure to diversify its workforce.
Fox News. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- TM Lewin will close all stores and axe 600 jobs after collapsing into administration
The 122-year-old shirtmaker's 66 shops, which also sell shoes, suits and ties, will disappear from the UK high street but its online platform will remain.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- How Allbirds Is Reinventing Shoes: The Leader Driving The Industry Into A Circular, Purpose-Driven Future
Fast fashion is the dominant trend, but consumers expect more from companies, especially as the purchasing power of millennials grows. ...
Forbes. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Here's what it was like on the Las Vegas Strip on the first day of Nevada's mask mandate
What happens here may stay here, but there's a new mantra now at play in Las Vegas: "No shirts, no shoes, no mask, no service."
Yahoo. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Shoe Carnival Up on Store Reopening Updates, Comps Rise 28%
Carnival (SCVL) comps performance impressive so far in the second quarter of fiscal 2020.
Zacks. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus: Shoe Zone closes stores and cuts head office jobs
The retailer paused all discretionary spending when the UK went into lockdown.
BBC News. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- UPDATE 1-Amazon and Valentino file joint lawsuit over shoe counterfeiting
Italian luxury brand Valentino and Internet giant Amazon have filed a joint lawsuit against New York-based Kaitlyn Pan Group for allegedly counterfeiting Valentino shoes
and offering them for sale online.
Reuters. Thursday, 18 Jun 2020.
- A pair of iconic Nike shoes could draw $150,000 at auction
A pair of Waffle Spike shoes
handcrafted by Nike co-founder Bill Bowerman is being sold at auction. The iconic pair of sneakers are expected to fetch between $130,000 to $150,000 as collectors are paying big bucks in sneaker sales.
CNBC. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Popular ballet brands respond to online petitions demanding pointe shoes in darker shades
Both Capezio and Bloch have announced their intentions to offer darker shades of their popular pointe shoes
in the fall.
Fox News. Friday, 12 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries