This Shipbuilding news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about shipbuilding and shipbuilder news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Eni, Fincantieri, Terna and CDP team up to build wave power stations
Italian oil group Eni is joining forces with shipbuilder Fincantieri, power grid group Terna and state lender CDP to develop wave power stations.
Reuters. Friday, 19 Apr 2019.
- Ancient shipwreck to be made accessible to divers in Greece
STENI VALLA, Greece (AP) - Near the northern Greek island of Alonissos lies a remarkable ancient shipwreck: the remains of a massive cargo ship that changed archaeologists' understanding of shipbuilding in antiquity. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- Curtis-Wright Gains on High Growth Prospects Amid Debt Woes
Curtis-Wright (CW) enjoys solid growth opportunities, buoyed by continued strong funding for the U.S. shipbuilding program.
Zacks. Friday, 22 Mar 2019.
- General Dynamics unit wins $465 million U.S. defense contract: Pentagon
General Dynamics National Steel and Shipbuilding Co has been awarded a $465 million U.S. defense contract related to aircraft carrier maintenance and modernization, the Pentagon said on Thursday.
Reuters. Thursday, 21 Mar 2019.
- From air taxis to driverless cars, here's a look at how Uber is building the future
Some of the world's most advanced shipbuilding took place in San Francisco's Potrero Point over 100 years ago. ...
CNBC. Monday, 18 Feb 2019.
- Shipyard doesn't meet investment target, incentive deal ends
GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) - Mississippi officials say they have voided an incentive deal with a Louisiana shipbuilder because planned investments and hiring never occurred. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 15 Feb 2019.
- South Korea shipbuilder Daewoo's shares rally as rival Hyundai eyes stake
South Korea's Hyundai Heavy Industries Group is interested in buying a stake in cross-town rival Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering, a Hyundai official said.
CNBC. Thursday, 31 Jan 2019.
- General Dynamics (GD) Unit Wins $911M Deal for DDG 51 Ships
Steep demand for DDg 51 places General Dynamics (GD) at an advantageous position in the shipbuilding business with the company being the lead designer and builder of DDG 51.
Zacks. Wednesday, 26 Dec 2018.
- Head of Chinese shipbuilding firm is punished for 'illegally acquiring Canadian citizenship'
The head of a Chinese shipbuilding institute is facing trial for illegally possessing Canadian citizenship and taking bribes, according to a Chinese anti-corruption watchdog.
Daily Mail. Monday, 24 Dec 2018.
- The female shipbuilder cast aside after World War Two
Janet Harvey, 96, is being recognised for her work on some of the biggest battleships built on the Clyde during the war.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Nov 2018.
- The female shipbuilder cast aside after the war
Janet Harvey is 96 and is finally being recognised for her work in the shipyards during the war.
BBC News. Tuesday, 27 Nov 2018.
- Iranian criminals suspected in Navy shipbuilder cyber attack and extortion attempt
Iranian criminals were the likely culprits seeking to make money from hacking into Perth-based shipbuilder Austal, cyber security authorities believe.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 13 Nov 2018.
- Coast guard looks to squeeze more years from oldest ship
The planned retirement of a Canadian Coast Guard ship has been postponed again amid uncertainty over the national shipbuilding program.
CBC News. Tuesday, 6 Nov 2018.
- Shipbuilder, defense contractor Austal reveals data breach
Hackers demanded payment for the return of stolen information.
ZDNet. Friday, 2 Nov 2018.
- Here's what you need to know about the Austal cyber attack
A cyber security breach and extortion attempt on the WA-based Defence shipbuilder has escalated fears about attacks on national security.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Friday, 2 Nov 2018.
Shipbuilding at a shipyard
Related Directory Page(s)
Ship Building News Headlines and News Summaries