This Shipbuilding news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about shipbuilding and shipbuilder news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Biden Faces New Shipbuilding Crisis; Must Move Fast And Kill Freedom Class LCS
In a surprise, the U.S. Navy announced it will stop deliveries of the Freedom class Littoral Combat Ship due to design flaws. The incoming Biden Administration will receive bipartisan praise if it moves quickly to kill the ship. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- The Navy Should Make The Hard Choices To Implement Its New Strategy
The new US maritime strategy lays out a promising approach to countering the PRC, but the DoD and Congress have failed to adjust their budgets and shipbuilding
plans to develop a fleet that can put the strategy into action.
Forbes. Sunday, 27 Dec 2020.
- Huntington Ingalls (HII) Q3 Earnings Beat, Revenues Up Y/Y
Huntington Ingalls' (HII) top line increases 4.3% year over year owing to growth in both Newport News and Ingalls Shipbuilding
Zacks. Thursday, 5 Nov 2020.
- General Electric Clinches HA Gas Turbine Contract in Russia
General Electric (GE) to offer gas turbine technology for the Zainskaya State District Power Plant's project. Separately, it inks energy management deal with Damen Schelde Naval Shipbuilding
Zacks. Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020.
- Historic Appledore Shipyard where vessels have been built for 150 years is set to reopen
Appledore Shipyard in Devon is set to reopen, resuming more than 150 years of shipbuilding
history that has seen the creation of aircraft carriers, super yachts and ferries.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020.
- Workers continue strike at key Navy shipbuilding yard amid missed deadlines and fight over contractors
The standoff comes as Bath Iron Works struggles to meet Pentagon contract delivery deadlines.
CNBC. Thursday, 23 Jul 2020.
Ship Building News Headlines and News Summaries