This Shipbuilding news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about shipbuilding and shipbuilder news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- General Dynamics Wins $15.2M Shipbuilding Deal for SSN 787
General Dynamics' (GD) Electric Boat division inks a deal pertaining to USS Washington (SSN 787).
Zacks. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Huntington Ingalls (HII) Q1 Earnings Lag Estimates, Down Y/Y
Huntington Ingalls' (HII) first-quarter 2019 revenues rose year over year on higher volume at the Newport News Shipbuilding
Zacks. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- An Invigorated And Hungry VT Halter Marine Disrupts U.S. Government Shipbuilding
After a long period in the wilderness, Gulf Coast shipyard VT Halter Marine is turning their government shipbuilding
business around. Review the collapse, recovery and future challenges in this uniquely American shipyard success story.
Forbes. Monday, 29 Apr 2019.
- Eni, Fincantieri, Terna and CDP team up to build wave power stations
Italian oil group Eni is joining forces with shipbuilder
Fincantieri, power grid group Terna and state lender CDP to develop wave power stations.
Reuters. Friday, 19 Apr 2019.
- Italian govt sounds out Fincantieri to invest in Alitalia - sources
Italy's government has approached Fincantieri over the possibility of the state-controlled shipbuilder
taking part in the rescue of flagship carrier Alitalia, two sources close to the matter said on Friday.
Reuters. Friday, 22 Mar 2019.
- From air taxis to driverless cars, here's a look at how Uber is building the future
Some of the world's most advanced shipbuilding
took place in San Francisco's Potrero Point over 100 years ago. ...
CNBC. Monday, 18 Feb 2019.
- South Korea shipbuilder Daewoo's shares rally as rival Hyundai eyes stake
South Korea's Hyundai Heavy Industries Group is interested in buying a stake in cross-town rival Daewoo Shipbuilding
& Marine Engineering, a Hyundai official said.
CNBC. Thursday, 31 Jan 2019.
- Shipbuilder, defense contractor Austal reveals data breach
Hackers demanded payment for the return of stolen information.
ZDNet. Friday, 2 Nov 2018.
- Australian defence contractor Austal hit by data breach
says its US operations are not impacted, as systems are not linked.
ZDNet. Thursday, 1 Nov 2018.
- Why Shipbuilders Were Forced to Stop Using British Oak
After the Napoleonic Wars caused a shortage of British Oak, frigate builders looked all over the empire for an alternative. They found one in India
Smithsonian. Monday, 3 Sep 2018.
- Navy report cites lack of nuclear employees at shipyard
NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (AP) - A draft report issued by a Navy command raises concerns about a lack of skilled workers in nuclear-related fields at Newport News Shipbuilding
in Virginia. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 10 Jun 2018.
- Trump Industrial Policy Likely To Target U.S. Commercial Shipbuilding & Merchant Fleet For Revival
A White House study of the defense industrial base will probably identify foreign ships and shippers as a potential national security threat.
Forbes. Tuesday, 5 Jun 2018.
- Defence claims ship risks under control
The Defence Department insists it has "high and extreme risks" related to shipbuilding
under control and will adjust project costs along the ...
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 29 May 2018.
- Australia sinks $100 billion on submarines
Australia's new fleet of submarines is estimated to cost taxpayers $100 billion until 2080.French shipbuilder
Naval Group has the $50 billion contract ...
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 29 May 2018.
- Defence facing 'reputational damage' after audit predicts blowout for $89bn shipbuilding project
While the Turnbull Government's $89 billion naval shipbuilding
project is on track in its early stages, an independent watchdog is warning the project carries a "high-to-extreme risk" of expensive blowouts and delays in the future.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Tuesday, 15 May 2018.
Ship Building News Headlines and News Summaries