This Semiconductor news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about semiconductors from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Cost of renting a car soars by almost 40% after global microchip shortage
Logistical headaches and increased demand for semiconductors
from the gaming industry have led to a dearth of new vehicles. Car makers have prioritised selling to dealerships.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- Inside TSMC, the Taiwanese chipmaking giant that's building a new plant in Phoenix
is investing $100 billion to ramp up production during the chip shortage. Its Phoenix plant will bring chip manufacturing back to the U.S.
CNBC. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- Alpha and Omega Semiconductor (AOSL) Outpaces Stock Market Gains: What You Should Know
Alpha and Omega Semiconductor
(AOSL) closed the most recent trading day at $31.80, moving +1.15% from the previous trading session.
Zacks. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Strength In Semiconductors Is The Key To Setting New Highs In The Stock Market
Index is below its 50-day SMA and has a negative weekly chart.
Forbes. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- ON Semiconductor Corp. (ON) Stock Sinks As Market Gains: What You Should Know
In the latest trading session, ON Semiconductor
Corp. (ON) closed at $41.90, marking a -1.06% move from the previous day.
Zacks. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- Semiconductors 101: Computer chips shortages lead to national security concerns
An anonymous expert on computer chips, known as semiconductors, warns recent supply shortages present a major national security threat.
Fox News. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- The U.S. Still Dominates In Semiconductors; China Is Vulnerable (Pt 2)
The U.S. controls the dominant share of the high value, irreplaceable assets in the chip business. ...
Forbes. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- NVIDIA vs. ON Semiconductor: Which Chip Stock is a Better Buy?
Government and private investments worldwide are helping the semiconductor
industry rebound from tight supply conditions. Also, robust demand for semiconductors
is keeping the chipmakers very busy. As such, both ...
Entrepreneur. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- Tesla Reports Record Quarterly Deliveries Amid Chip Scarcity
The electric-car maker has weathered the global shortage of semiconductors
better than more established rivals.
New York Times. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- Shares of semiconductor giant Samsung fall after it says third-quarter profit likely rose 28%
Samsung said its operating profit for the quarter that ended in September was up 28% from a year ago to 15.8 trillion Korean won ($13.26 billion).
CNBC. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- How the semiconductor shortage could be a problem for you
Intel is making an effort to combat the global semiconductor
shortage at their new site in Arizona.
BBC News. Wednesday, 6 Oct 2021.
- Global Semiconductor Chip Shortage Could See 'Painful Period' Extend Into 2022: Marvell CEO
In a forecast released Sept. 23, firm AlixPartners estimated that the shortage will cost the auto industry $210 billion globally in lost revenue in 2021.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 4 Oct 2021.
- Semiconductor shortage takes toll on auto workers, businesses
A global shortage of semiconductors
forced a Michigan Ford plant to trim production of its F-150 trucks.
CBS News. Friday, 24 Sep 2021.
- Global shortage of semiconductors devastates U.S. auto industry and its workers
75% of semiconductors
are made in Asia. In cars, the microchips power things like brakes, airbags and windshield wipers. General Motors and Ford are among the U.S. ...
CBS News. Friday, 24 Sep 2021.
- The global chip shortage is still causing big problems for car makers
The auto industry faces a $210 billion loss in revenue from the global semiconductor
ZDNet. Friday, 24 Sep 2021.
Semiconductors News Headlines and News Summaries