This Semiconductor news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about semiconductors from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Alpha and Omega Semiconductor (AOSL) Outpaces Stock Market Gains: What You Should Know
Alpha and Omega Semiconductor
(AOSL) closed at $30.38 in the latest trading session, marking a +4.01% move from the prior day.
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Best Semiconductor Stocks To Buy Next Week? 4 Making Headlines
While there may be a chip shortage now, could an eventual semiconductor
boom be worth betting on now?
Entrepreneur. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Despite Chip Shortage, Chip Innovation Is Booming
While a variety of industries struggle with supplies, semiconductor
experts say there are plenty of new ideas and, most surprising, start-ups.
New York Times. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Advanced Energy (AEIS) Q1 Earnings & Revenues Beat, Rise Y/Y
Advanced Energy's (AEIS) first-quarter results reflect gains from a strong momentum across semiconductor
equipment end market.
Zacks. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Semiconductor shortage hits Ford Bronco SUV, Ranger pickup production
The downtime will not impact the Ford's plan to begin delivering the vehicles to dealers this summer, according to a company spokeswoman.
CNBC. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Shortage of computer chips takes toll on manufacturers
Chips - also known as semiconductors
- are now crucial parts in an array of devices from smartphones and computers to cars and even fridges. But supply chains have been hit by the pandemic.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- GM CEO Addresses Semiconductor Shortage To Shareholders While Reporting Q1 Profit
General Motors Chairman and CEO Mary Barra sent an unusual letter to shareholders in conjunction with the release of the automaker's 2021 first quarter financial results.
Forbes. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Exploring The Role Of Supply Chain In Recovery And Digital Transformation Investments
The global semiconductor
shortage has help to raise awareness of the importance of the supply chain. ...
Forbes. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Cisco says computer chip shortage to last six months
shortage is affecting firms from carmakers to smartphone manufacturers.
BBC News. Saturday, 24 Apr 2021.
- Best Semiconductor Stocks To Buy In April? 4 Names To Know
Will these semiconductor
stocks continue to prosper amidst increasing chip shortages?
Entrepreneur. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- Shortage of semiconductors, dubbed the 'new oil,' could dent GDP growth, boost inflation
Economic growth could slow, and inflation is likely to see at least a momentary bump higher as the semiconductor
shortage escalates, economists say.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Jaguar Land Rover to suspend output due to chip shortage
Britain's biggest carmaker to suspend output at two factories because of global semiconductor
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Taiwan's Drought Pits Chip Makers Against Farmers
The island is going to great lengths to keep water flowing to its all-important semiconductor
industry, including shutting off irrigation to legions of rice growers.
New York Times. Tuesday, 13 Apr 2021.
- Biden Seeks Billions While the Chips Are Down
White House meets with business leaders to discuss shortage of semiconductors.
Voice of America. Monday, 12 Apr 2021.
- What is behind the dearth of microchips and what will be its long-term effects?
The world is suffering from a significant shortage of semiconductors, the chips used in almost every technology nowadays, from laptops to televisions and video games consoles.
Daily Mail. Monday, 12 Apr 2021.
Semiconductors News Headlines and News Summaries