This Semiconductor news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about semiconductors from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Alpha and Omega Semiconductor (AOSL) Stock Sinks As Market Gains: What You Should Know
In the latest trading session, Alpha and Omega Semiconductor
(AOSL) closed at $25.31, marking a -0.67% move from the previous day.
Zacks. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Teradyne (TER) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards?
Teradyne (TER) is likely to have gained from strength in semiconductor
test and industrial automation businesses in Q2. Yet, challenging supply environment might have hurt its performance.
Zacks. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- With Auto Chip Shortage Easing, Are Semiconductor Equipment Stocks Still A Buy?
Our theme on Stocks That Benefit From The Semiconductor
Shortage includes companies that produce machinery and tools for chipmaking and semiconductor
players with their own fab capacity. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Dow Transports, Russell 2000 And Semiconductors Ended Last Week Negative. What Are Their Charts Warning Now?
Scorecard for six major averages.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- China is buying up chip firms in a push for semiconductor supremacy, says UK lawmaker
China is using questionable methods to ensure it becomes a world leader in semiconductor
technology, according to British MP Iain Duncan Smith.
CNBC. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- What links rocketing car hire prices and inflation? TiM podcast
In a sign of the inflationary times, the cost of renting a car has rocketed to about three times the price of last year and it's being blamed on the semiconductor
Daily Mail. Sunday, 18 Jul 2021.
- Micron Technology vs. Western Digital: Which Semiconductor Stock is a Better Buy?
The rising demand for semiconductors
across many industries, along with investments made by governments and corporations to address the global ...
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Chip shortage causes Ford to slash vehicle production at several plants in July
Ford said it will idle or reduce vehicle production at eight plants for varying periods of time into early August due to the shortage of semiconductor
CNBC. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- Welsh semiconductor firm bought by Chinese company
Electronic firm Newport Wafer Fab began producing silicon chips in the 1980s.
BBC News. Monday, 5 Jul 2021.
- Tesla Sales More than Double in the Second Quarter
Tesla said sales doubled in the second quarter, but Ford reported a more modest increase as the industry grapples with a semiconductor
New York Times. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
- Ford to Halt Production at U.S. Plants Over Chip Shortage
Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F) announced the closure of several plants in the U.S. for a few weeks in July and August, due to the global semiconductor
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- Supply of cars likely to become restricted due to chip shortage, dealership warns
The supply of cars for sale is likely to be restricted later this year as a result of the global shortage of semiconductor
chips, a leading motor dealership has warned.
Sky News. Wednesday, 30 Jun 2021.
- Car production recovery is being strangled by global supply shortages
Some 54,962 cars rolled off production lines compared to just 5,314 in May 2020. Outputs, however, were still far below pre-pandemic levels, due to lack of supply of semiconductors.
Daily Mail. Friday, 25 Jun 2021.
- The Senate just agreed $52 billion to boost US chip making. It's going to take a lot more
The US wants to fix the semiconductor
supply chain, and it will require a big budget. But $52 billion might not be enough to tackle every challenge.
ZDNet. Wednesday, 9 Jun 2021.
- The global chip shortage is creating a new problem: More fake components
Industry analysts believe that the global chip shortage is creating the perfect environment for counterfeit semiconductors
to enter the market.
ZDNet. Wednesday, 9 Jun 2021.
Semiconductors News Headlines and News Summaries