This Semiconductor news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about semiconductors from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Samsung receives safety certificate for car semiconductors
Samsung has received the ISO 26262 Certification from TUV Rheinland for functional safety in its product development process for automotive semiconductors.
ZDNet. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- 2D insulators with ferromagnetism are rare; researchers just identified a new one
Scientists have discovered a new layered ferromagnetic semiconductor, a rare type of material that holds great promise for next-generation electronic technologies.
Science Daily. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Semiconductor & Indonesia: 2 ETFs to Watch on Outsized Volume
SMH and EIDO saw massive trading volumes in yesterday's trading session.
Zacks. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- 3 Semiconductor Stocks to Buy Right Now
Let's take a look at three Zacks buy-ranked semiconductor stocks right now.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Marcus regime in organic devices: Interfacial charge transfer mechanism verified
A new study shows how electrons behave in their injection into organic semiconductor films. Simulations and experiments clearly identified different transport regimes.
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Apple chip supplier says China's smartphone market is picking up
Dialog Semiconductor CEO Jalal Bagherli expressed optimism in his outlook for the Chinese mobile phone market.
CNBC. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Semis look like they could repeat a 2016 rally when chip stocks roared 73% higher
One analyst says it's time to buy the chips dip: The SOX semiconductor index's setup resembles a sell-off that preceded a 73% surge in 16 months.
CNBC. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- Chipmaker ASM beats first-quarter targets, sees market outperformance in 2019
Dutch semiconductor supplier ASM International on Wednesday reported first-quarter revenue of 249 million euros ($278.5 million) and an order intake of 235 million euros, both exceeding its own expectations.
Reuters. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- U.S. chipmakers' shares rally despite demand uncertainty
As Qualcomm's major victory against Apple sent semiconductor stocks to record highs on Wednesday, the sector's strong recent rally may be at odds with uncertainty about an ongoing downturn in global demand.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
- Samsung develops EUV 5nm chip process
Samsung Electronics has successfully developed a 5nm semiconductor process to gain more chip-making clients, pushing Moore's Law to its limit.
ZDNet. Tuesday, 16 Apr 2019.
- Intel Poised To Topple Samsung From Atop The Semiconductor Sales Leaderboard
Looking back to a similar report from about this time last year, the firm was nearly on-target with its predictions for 2018, which bodes well for this reports potential accuracy.
Forbes. Saturday, 9 Mar 2019.
- We Did The Math: The iShares PHLX Semiconductor ETF Can Go To $204
For the iShares PHLX Semiconductor ETF, we found that the implied analyst target price for the ETF based upon its underlying holdings is $203.59 per unit.
Forbes. Wednesday, 6 Mar 2019.
- 7 of the Best Semiconductor Stocks to Buy for 2019
The best semiconductor stocks this year.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 12 Feb 2019.
- DealBook Briefing: Tech No Longer Carries the Stock Market
Weakened demand for semiconductors is hurting the financials of big technology firms, and it could be a sign of a broader slowdown.
New York Times. Monday, 4 Feb 2019.
- Huawei Unveils New Chipset Using ARM Design for Server Push
The Kunpeng 920 is built using the cutting edge 7-nanometer process and uses the semiconductor architecture of ARM Holdings, Shenzhen-based Huawei said in a statement on Monday. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 6 Jan 2019.
Semiconductor on a circuit board
Related Directory Page(s)
Semiconductors News Headlines and News Summaries