This Semiconductor news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about semiconductors from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Meituan backs A.I. chip start-up as Chinese tech giants pour money into semiconductors
China has made boosting self-sufficiency as well as research and development into semiconductors
a top priority, prompting tech giants to invest into chips.
CNBC. Monday, 17 Jan 2022.
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Taiwan Semiconductor, Apple, Advanced Micro Devices and NVIDIA Corp
Taiwan Semiconductor, Apple, Advanced Micro Devices and NVIDIA Corp are included in this analyst blog.
Zacks. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Alpha and Omega Semiconductor (AOSL) Stock Sinks As Market Gains: What You Should Know
Alpha and Omega Semiconductor
(AOSL) closed the most recent trading day at $51.37, moving -1.14% from the previous trading session.
Zacks. Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022.
- Nvidia and Arm fight back as U.K. competition regulator considers blocking deal
giants submitted a document to the U.K. regulator explaining why the deal should be permitted to go ahead.
CNBC. Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022.
- Rolls-Royce Motor Cars immune from global chip shortage after record year for sales
The chief executive of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars (RRMC) has told Sky News the company expects to continue to be immune from the global shortage of semiconductors
holding back the wider car industry.
Sky News. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
- American Semiconductor Is Taking A Step Towards U.S. Domestic Chip Packaging
While we focus on domestic production of silicon chips, don't overlook chip packaging. Making chips here and sending them to Asia for packaging won't make supply chains that much more resilient. Here's a company with a fresh approach.
Forbes. Sunday, 9 Jan 2022.
- Car prices remain high as Chinese-made semiconductor shortage keeps inventories low
Car prices are still inflated as dealerships struggle to maintain their inventories amid a shortage of semiconductor
chips coming in from China.
Fox News. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Better Buy for 2022: NVIDIA vs. Himax Technologies
Given the demand for chips in various industries worldwide, governments and corporations are pouring funds into the semiconductor
industry to help ease the chip shortage and ramp up its ...
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Why Is Samsung Stock Underperforming?
Samsung Electronics stock (LSE: SMSN) has had a relatively mixed year, declining by about 7% year-to-date to levels of around $1,700 per share. The stock has also considerably underperformed its consumer electronics and semiconductor
Forbes. Thursday, 30 Dec 2021.
- NVIDIA vs. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing: Which Chip Stock is a Better Buy?
As digital transformation picks up pace, the demand for semiconductor
chips should keep rising because of their need to run advanced technological devices and electric vehicles (EVs). This, coupled ...
Entrepreneur. Monday, 27 Dec 2021.
- MARKET REPORT: Semiconductor maker IQE loses a quarter of its value
IQE said it was getting hit by a global chip shortage, falling demand for new mobile phones, currency movements and the slow, stop-start rollouts of 5G.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021.
- Samsung to build a new semiconductor facility in Texas
The $17 billion chip factory is largest U.S. investment ever by the South Korean electronics giant, it said.
CBS News. Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021.
- Jay Last, One of the Rebels Who Founded Silicon Valley, Dies at 92
He and seven others left the Shockley Semiconductor
Laboratory to create their own silicon company, Fairchild Semiconductor, which is now seen as ground zero for the West Coast tech industry.
New York Times. Saturday, 20 Nov 2021.
- Starved for semiconductors, Ford strikes deal for more chips
Detroit automaker partners with U.S. chipmaker to shore up its access to vital vehicle components.
CBS News. Thursday, 18 Nov 2021.
- Ford Motor announces a partnership to assure a steady flow of U.S.-made chips.
The automaker will team with GlobalFoundries on producing and developing semiconductors, crucial parts that have been in short supply.
New York Times. Thursday, 18 Nov 2021.
Semiconductors News Headlines and News Summaries