This Semiconductor news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about semiconductors from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Apple and chip stocks slide after Trump orders US companies to look for alternative to China
and Apple shares slid after President Trump said U.S. companies should "immediately start looking for an alternative" to operations in China.
CNBC. Friday, 23 Aug 2019.
- A new method for quantifying crystal semiconductor efficiency
Scientists have found a new way to successfully detect the efficiency of crystal semiconductors.
Science Daily. Friday, 23 Aug 2019.
- Hedge funds are dumping tech stocks for health care
Hedge funds are steering away from battered tech and semiconductor
stocks, while bottom-fishing in health care names, according to Goldman Sachs.
CNBC. Wednesday, 21 Aug 2019.
- Applied Materials (AMAT) Q3 Earnings & Revenues Top Estimates
Applied Materials' (AMAT) solid momentum in U.S. and Taiwan benefits its fiscal third-quarter results. However, softness in semiconductor
and display markets were major concerns.
Zacks. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Is Fidelity Advisor Semiconductors I (FELIX) a Strong Mutual Fund Pick Right Now?
Mutual Fund Report for FELIX
Zacks. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- China Fortunes: Chip Sector Took A Wild Ride In Q2 As Trade Drove Market
sector bounced back impressively in the second half of Q2, but Advanced Micro Devices and Nvidia might be under pressure to show strong guidance amid expected revenue declines from a year ago.
Forbes. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- A good first step toward nontoxic solar cells
A team of engineers has found what they believe is a more stable, less toxic semiconductor
for solar applications, using a novel double mineral discovered through data analytics and quantum-mechanical calculations.
Science Daily. Friday, 26 Jul 2019.
- White House to Host Meeting with Tech Executives on Huawei Ban
U.S. officials including Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow will host a meeting at the White House on Monday of semiconductor
and software executives to discuss the U.S. ...
Newsmax. Friday, 19 Jul 2019.
- Toyota and Denso form joint venture to develop self-driving hardware - Roadshow
The companies, already strongly linked, will work together to develop advanced semiconductors
for self-driving and connected vehicles.
CNET. Wednesday, 10 Jul 2019.
- Japan export curbs take effect as SKorean officials protest
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - Tightened Japanese controls on exports of key materials used to make semiconductors
and displays took effect Thursday, as South Korean officials vowed to fight back. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 4 Jul 2019.
- Micron Resumes Some Huawei Shipments Despite Trump Blacklist
Micron Technology Inc., the largest U.S. maker of computer memory chips, said it resumed some shipments to China's Huawei Technologies Co., appearing to find a way around an export ban that threatens growth for the semiconductor
Newsmax. Tuesday, 25 Jun 2019.
- Exclusive: Top Japanese chip gear firm to honor U.S. blacklist of Chinese firms - executive
Japan's Tokyo Electron, the world's No.3 supplier of semiconductor
manufacturing equipment, will not supply to Chinese clients blacklisted by Washington, a senior company executive told Reuters. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 11 Jun 2019.
- UPDATE 2-Chip gear maker Applied Materials results beat estimates, shares rise
Applied Materials Inc forecast third-quarter profit and revenue above estimates and reported better-than-expected quarterly results on Thursday, allaying investor concerns about slowing semiconductor
Reuters. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Storage, Memory And Foundry News
A number of developments in storage and memory products at the device and system level create new opportunities for storage on earth and space, driven by advances in semiconductor
Forbes. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Samsung receives safety certificate for car semiconductors
Samsung has received the ISO 26262 Certification from TUV Rheinland for functional safety in its product development process for automotive semiconductors.
ZDNet. Monday, 13 May 2019.
Semiconductors News Headlines and News Summaries