This Semiconductor news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about semiconductors from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Micron to spend up to $100 billion to build a computer chip factory in New York
The announcement comes after the passage of the CHIPS and Science Act of 2022, a $52 billion federal law encouraging more domestic semiconductor
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Is iShares Semiconductor ETF (SOXX) a Strong ETF Right Now?
Smart Beta ETF report for SOXX
Zacks. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Investors Heavily Search ON Semiconductor Corporation (ON): Here is What You Need to Know
Zacks.com users have recently been watching ON Semiconductor
Corp. (ON) quite a bit. Thus, it is worth knowing the facts that could determine the stock's prospects.
Zacks. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Now Is Not the Time to Buy These 2 EV Stocks
Despite the high pent-up demand, the EV industry is grappling with significant challenges, such as semiconductor
shortage, the dearth of public chargers, and the lack of inputs. Since these ...
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- 3 Semiconductor Stocks to Buy Right Now and 2 to Sell
industry is currently being challenged by demand pullback amid rising odds of a recession. However, given the increasing use of semiconductors
and supportive legislation, the current tech ...
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Intel says Moore's Law is still alive and well. Nvidia says it's ended.
Two of the most important American semiconductor
companies disagree about the pace and form of future chip advancements.
CNBC. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- Export Restrictions On Sale Of Chips And Equipment To China: Will They Work?
Reuters recently reported that the Biden administration plans to broaden curbs on U.S. shipments of some advanced semiconductor
chips and some of the most sophisticated chipmaking tools to China. But will they work?
Forbes. Wednesday, 14 Sep 2022.
- Foxconn and Vedanta to build $19bn India chip factory
This is the third semiconductor
plant announced in India, which is aiming to be a global chipmaker.
BBC News. Wednesday, 14 Sep 2022.
- Google partners with the US government to supply chips and spur innovation
The collaboration will dramatically decrease the price of chips used in the semiconductor
and nanotechnology industries.
ZDNet. Tuesday, 13 Sep 2022.
- US national debt nears $31 TRILLION due to Biden semiconductor, student loan and green plan spending
National debt is set to hit $31 trillion as early as this month - a new milestone showing the dire financial state of the U.S. as President Joe Biden continues to tout economic wins.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Sep 2022.
- War in Ukraine: Russia is desperately short of electronic components in bid to keep fighting
Ukraine has issued international warnings that Russia has a 'shopping list' of semiconductors, connectors, transformers, insulators and more.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 10 Sep 2022.
- Biden touts midwest manufacturing jobs at Intel groundbreaking in battleground Ohio
President Biden lauded the return of the "industrial Midwest" as semiconductor
giant Intel broke ground on its $20 billion chip manufacturing facility in Ohio.
Washington Times. Friday, 9 Sep 2022.
- How Silicon Chips Rule the World
Maintaining the flow of oil is still crucial for the world economy. But now the supply of semiconductors
is also critical for commerce, and war and peace.
New York Times. Friday, 9 Sep 2022.
- Biden team pledges to closely watch the $52 billion doled out to semiconductor manufacturers
Secretary of Commerce Gina Raimondo on Tuesday promised to impose strict guardrails on the $52 billion payout to semiconductor
manufacturers that President Biden signed into law last month.
Washington Times. Tuesday, 6 Sep 2022.
- Biden Administration Releases Plan for $50 Billion Investment in Chips
The Commerce Department issued guidelines for companies angling to receive federal funding aimed at bolstering the domestic semiconductor
New York Times. Tuesday, 6 Sep 2022.
Semiconductors News Headlines and News Summaries