This Semiconductor news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about semiconductors from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- What's in the Offing for 3M (MMM) This Earnings Season?
3M's (MMM) Q4 earnings are likely to have gained from solid traction across personal safety, home improvement, data center & semiconductor
markets. The pandemic-led market downturn might have hurt it.
Zacks. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Intel (INTC) Earnings Thursday After The Bell
2021 will be a strong year of growth in the semiconductor
space, but will Intel be part of it?
Zacks. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Up 30% Over The Last Year, Is Skyworks Stock Poised For Further Gains?
Skyworks, a company that sells analog semiconductors
and radio frequency products saw its stock price rise by about 30% over the last 12 months. The stock is also up almost 130% since the end of 2018. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Global semiconductor shortage causes Ford and Nissan to cut vehicle production
The production disruptions highlight a growing concern for the global automotive industry in 2021.
CNBC. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Tencent invests in Chinese A.I. chip start-up as part of $279 million funding round
China has been looking to ramp up its capabilities in both AI and semiconductors
as the tech war with the U.S. continues.
CNBC. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- The most important company you've never heard of is being dragged into the U.S.-China rivalry
Manufacturing Co. makes chips for iPhones, video game consoles and fighter jets. Now it's being forced to choose sides.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- Atom-thin transistor uses half the voltage of common semiconductors, boosts current density
Researchers report a new, two-dimensional transistor made of graphene and molybdenum disulfide that needs less voltage and can handle more current than today's semiconductors.
Science Daily. Thursday, 10 Dec 2020.
- Multiple semiconductor type switching to boost thermoelectric conversion of waste heat
Scientists demonstrate double charge carrier type switching of tin SnSe semiconductor
by doping of antimony Sb. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 9 Dec 2020.
- Firm Linked To Top Biden Advisor Is Lobbying To Soften US Trade Policy Towards China
Lobbyist for Applied Materials, a supplier to semiconductor
manufacturers, joined Biden's White House team.
Daily Caller. Thursday, 19 Nov 2020.
- 5 Top Semiconductor Stocks As Post-Election Plays
The dust is settling down after the long-drawn U.S. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- 15% Downside For ON Semiconductor Stock?
stock is up just 6% since the beginning of this year, but at the current price of around $26 per share, we believe that ON stock has around 15% potential downside. ...
Forbes. Friday, 6 Nov 2020.
- Last Week's Notable Insider Buys: IBM, Intel, Raytheon And More
* Insider buying can be an encouraging signal for potential investors when markets face uncertainty. * Insiders were buying shares of a couple of semiconductor
makers and an old-school tech giant last week. ...
Yahoo. Saturday, 31 Oct 2020.
- Arm founder warns sale to Nvidia will create 'US technology monopoly'
Hermann Hauser warned the takeover would mean Arm was no longer 'the Switzerland of the semiconductor
industry' and Nvidia could become into a force akin to Google, Facebook and Amazon.
Daily Mail. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- SoftBank Said to Near a Deal to Sell British Chip Designer Arm
A sale to Nvidia for more than $40 billion would net billions of dollars for the Japanese tech investor and create a powerhouse in the semiconductor
New York Times. Saturday, 12 Sep 2020.
- Nanotechnology firm seals funds to sue Samsung
London-listed Nanoco is alleging Samsung stole its patented techniques to create tiny specialist semiconductors
known as quantum dots which it used in its new range of high-tech QLED TVs.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
Semiconductors News Headlines and News Summaries