This Semiconductor news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about semiconductors from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Has Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSM) Outpaced Other Computer and Technology Stocks This Year?
Is (TSM) Outperforming Other Computer and Technology Stocks This Year?
Zacks. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- ON Semiconductor's (ON) IGBT Devices Adopted by Danfoss
(ON) is expected to benefit from its expanding presence in the electric vehicles market owing to high-growth prospects in the space.
Zacks. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Clears Buy Point
is still in buy range after a breakout from a cup with handle base; 58.14 buy point.
Yahoo. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Extensive review of spin-gapless semiconductors: Next-generation spintronics candidates
Scientists have published an extensive review of spin-gapless semiconductors
(SGSs), a new class of 'zero bandgap' materials which have fully spin polarised electrons and holes, and first proposed in 2008. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- The American Foundries Act Of 2020 Is About Much More Than Just Building Semiconductor Foundries
The American Foundries Act of 2020 is a bi-partisan effort to rebuild American capabilities in semiconductor
R&D and manufacturing.
Forbes. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Chemists achieve breakthrough in the synthesis of graphene nanoribbons
Graphene Nanoribbons might soon be much easier to produce. An international research team has succeeded in producing this versatile material for the first time directly on the surface of semiconductors. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Semiconductors and AMD Close To A Breakout Move
Let me teach you about two price patterns that are currently setting up in Advanced Micro Devices (AMD).
Yahoo. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- Lawmakers Push to Invest Billions in Semiconductor Industry to Counter China
New legislation aimed at supporting the semiconductor
industry is a sign of shifting consensus in Washington, where industrial plans are now in vogue
New York Times. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- UPDATE 3-U.S. lawmakers propose $22.8 bln in aid to semiconductor industry
A bipartisan group of U.S. ...
Reuters. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- TSMC says could fill order gap if unable to sell chips to Huawei
Manufacturing Co Ltd (TSMC) could quickly fill any order gap should U.S. restrictions against Huawei Technologies Co Ltd [HWT.UL] prevent sales to the Chinese firm, the company's chairman said on Tuesday.
Reuters. Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020.
- China's largest chipmaker to raise $2.8 billion in listing to boost capabilities amid trade war
SMIC, is part of China's broader push for self-reliance when it comes to semiconductors, a field in which the world's second-largest economy is seen as far behind the U.S.
CNBC. Tuesday, 2 Jun 2020.
- 'Survival is the key word': Huawei exec says business will 'inevitably' be hit by new U.S. chip rules
A new U.S. rule requires foreign manufacturers using American chipmaking gear to get a license before being allowed to sell semiconductors
CNBC. Monday, 18 May 2020.
- Donald Trump ramps up pressure on China by with attack on Huawei
The Commerce Department said it is banning Huawei from semiconductor
designs that are developed using U.S. software and technology. Officials called it 'America first.'
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 May 2020.
- Intel pledges to donate 1 million protective items to health care workers fighting coronavirus - CNET
maker is pulling masks, gloves and other gear from its factory stock.
CNET. Tuesday, 24 Mar 2020.
- Semiconductor Industry Produces China's Latest Tech Billionaire
China aims to increase local semiconductor
production at a time of trade tension with the United States.
Forbes. Wednesday, 8 Jan 2020.
Semiconductors News Headlines and News Summaries