This Semiconductor news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about semiconductors from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Semiconductor Trends And Continued Rumors Of Possible Kioxia And WDC NAND Merger
SEMI and DIGITIMES report a 9% YoY decline in semiconductor
equipment billings and foundry revenues. Rumors of a possible Kioxia and WDC NAND flash merger continue.
Forbes. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Here's How Much a $1000 Investment in ON Semiconductor Corp. Made 10 Years Ago Would Be Worth Today
Holding on to popular or trending stocks for the long-term can make your portfolio a winner.
Zacks. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Is First Trust NASDAQ Semiconductor ETF (FTXL) a Strong ETF Right Now?
Smart Beta ETF report for FTXL
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Buckle Up For Semiconductor Surge: Taiwan's TSM Unleashes Game-Changing 3nm Chips
Shares of semiconductor
firms since of the October lows have quietly led the financial markets higher.
Forbes. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM) vs. Advanced Micro Devices (AMD): Which Chip Stock is Worth Buying?
As the chip market continues to experience remarkable growth, let's explore the prospects of two prominent players in the semiconductor
industry, Taiwan Semiconductor
(TSM) and Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), ...
Entrepreneur. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Two of the world's most critical chip firms rally after Nvidia's 26% share price surge
Dutch firm ASML and Taiwan's TSMC, two of the world's most important semiconductor
firms, got a share price boost after Nvidia's earnings impressed investors.
CNBC. Thursday, 25 May 2023.
- Chip war: Apple strikes major US-made semiconductor deal
The firm reaches an agreement with Broadcom as the tech trade row between US and China intensifies.
BBC News. Wednesday, 24 May 2023.
- 3 Chip Stocks to Buy This Week
Despite significant setbacks over the previous year, the semiconductor
industry's future appears bright. Also, given the government initiatives, we think quality chip stocks Analog Devices (ADI), Camtek (CAMT), and ...
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 23 May 2023.
- Silicon Valley Chosen for $4 Billion Chip Research Center
Anticipating federal subsidies, Applied Materials said it planned to invest up to $4 billion in the semiconductor
project in Sunnyvale, Calif.
New York Times. Monday, 22 May 2023.
- Intel tops list of faith-friendly Fortune 500 companies
A public policy advocacy group has named semiconductor
chip maker Intel Corp. as the "most faith-friendly" Fortune 500 company.
Washington Times. Monday, 22 May 2023.
- Britain unveils $1.2B strategy to boost computer chip industry
Britain's government unveiled its long-awaited semiconductor
strategy Friday, catching up with similar efforts by Western allies seeking to reduce reliance on Asian production of the computer chips that are essential to modern life.
Washington Times. Friday, 19 May 2023.
- U.S. Semiconductor Boom Faces a Worker Shortage
Strengthened by billions of federal dollars, semiconductor
companies plan to create thousands of jobs. But officials say there might not be enough people to fill them.
New York Times. Friday, 19 May 2023.
- Britain launches $1.2 billion semiconductor plan after U.S. and EU splurge on chips
The U.K. is seeking to boost its domestic chipmaking capabilities and prevent further disruptions to supply after cries for help from bosses at some of the country's leading firms.
CNBC. Thursday, 18 May 2023.
- Delayed semiconductor strategy 'quite frankly flaccid', industry boss says
The government's long awaited national semiconductor
strategy has been published and met with a lukewarm response from industry amid ongoing shortages.
Sky News. Thursday, 18 May 2023.
- Car makers hail strong start to year as semiconductor shortage eases
The number of cars manufactured rose to 219,887 in the first quarter, 6% up on a year ago. It was the strongest first-quarter growth since 2017.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 27 Apr 2023.
Semiconductors News Headlines and News Summaries