This Seafood news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about seafood news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Brexit: Seafood firms must now fill in SEVEN forms per export lorry
The papers are an export health certificate, catch certificate, customs export declaration, endangered species permit, common health entry document, storage document and processing statement.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Breakthrough in understanding 'tummy bug' bacteria
Scientists have discovered how bacteria commonly responsible for seafood-related stomach upsets can go dormant and then 'wake up'.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Cell-based seafood producer BlueNalu raises $60 million as it preps for market launch
BlueNalu will use the funds to complete its regulatory review with the Food and Drug Administration and test its products in food service locations.
CNBC. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Scottish seafood trucks descend on Downing Street
Trucks with slogans such as 'Brexit carnage' and 'incompetent government destroying shellfish industry' were parked just yards away from Prime Minister Boris Johnson's office in London today.
Daily Mail. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Small seafood firm exports from Scotland to EU 'resume'
The transport firm handling most of the trade to EU countries says it has restarted groupage shipping.
BBC News. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Seafood lorries park near Downing Street to protest Brexit delays
Lorries used to transport British seafood
have parked on the roads near Downing Street in protest over delays getting into the EU due to new Brexit rules.
Sky News. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Brexit: Welsh seafood in 'grave state' over port delays
European customers may stop using Welsh suppliers due to delays, a minister warns.
BBC News. Saturday, 16 Jan 2021.
- Sustainable Seafood Wholesaler Seizes The Moment To Embrace Direct-To-Consumer Sales
As sales to restaurants faltered and consumer interest in buying online soared. a San Diego sustainable seafood
company sped up plans to start a direct-to-consumer company during the pandemic.
Forbes. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Seafood firms 'only have weeks to survive' - as minister admits Brexit 'teething problems'
companies only have "weeks" to survive without action to ease EU export delays, an industry leader has warned - as the environment secretary blamed "teething problems" due to Brexit.
Sky News. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- A Miami Market Where the Fish Fly
is a hub of sounds, sustenance and a sense of community that are more in demand than ever during the pandemic.
New York Times. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- The Secret Seafood Restaurant in L.A.'s Own Backyard
We found one of LA's top-secret seafood
spots in our own backyard!
ABC News. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Plant-Based Shrimp Startup Secures $18 Million In Funding In A Bet That Seafood Alternatives Catch On
Shrimp is the top seafood
eaten in America, and startup New Wave is now bringing a plant-based alternative made from seaweed and mung bean to market.
Forbes. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Trump Vetoes California Fishing Bill, Cites Seafood Trade Deficit
Trump said the legislation, which would have gradually ended the use of large-mesh drift gillnets deployed exclusively in federal waters off the coast of California, would increase reliance on imported seafood
Voice of America. Friday, 1 Jan 2021.
- Highest levels of microplastics found in molluscs, new study says
Mussels, oysters and scallops have the highest levels of microplastic contamination among seafood, a new study reveals.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- San Diego's Waterfront: a driving tour
In 10 miles, Harbor Drive delivers vintage ships, seafood, a ballpark and an aircraft carrier
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 22 Dec 2020.
Seafood Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries