This Seafood news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about seafood news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Plant-Based Seafood Brand Good Catch Debuts First Frozen Line
Good Catch will introduce vegan New England-style crab cakes, Thai-style fish cakes and fish burgers at three East Coast supermarket chains today, with plans for a wider retail roll out later this year.
Forbes. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- America Needs To Stop Relying On Countries Like China For Seafood Markets
Fishing communities and family fleets face a precarious future.
Daily Caller. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus China: Seafood market that sparked new outbreak
The Xinfadi market has stayed shut since June 13 after the capital city had reported its first native infection in nearly two months. Footage shows hazmat-clad workers disinfecting the market.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus China: Beijing patients could be at zero in 3 weeks
Beijing city has been battling a second wave of coronavirus infections since a cluster linked to a seafood
market broke out two weeks ago. The city had 269 COVID-19 patients as of yesterday.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Nanoplastics accumulate in land-plant tissues
As concern grows among environmentalists and consumers about micro- and nanoplastics in the oceans and in seafood, they are increasingly studied in marine environments. But little was known about nanoplastics in agricultural soils. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus Found In Beijing Meat And Seafood Market Connected To Recent Case Surge
Workers were dispatched to trace 200,000 people who were exposed to the market
Daily Caller. Thursday, 18 Jun 2020.
- Where To Buy Seafood Online: Salmon, Tuna, Crab Legs And More
Get the best of the dock delivered to your doorstep.
Forbes. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Seafood helped prehistoric people migrate out of Africa
A study has examined fossil reefs near to the now-submerged Red Sea shorelines that marked prehistoric migratory routes from Africa to Arabia. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- China steps up checks on meat, seafood after COVID-19 cases in market
Several Chinese provinces are stepping up inspections of fresh and frozen meat and seafood, including imported products, after a new outbreak of coronavirus infections linked to a Beijing food market.
Reuters. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
- Beijing closes 2 food markets as more COVID cases confirmed
China's capital went 56 days without a new coronavirus transmission, but now a meat and seafood
market are closed and many school kids' return has been delayed.
CBS News. Friday, 12 Jun 2020.
- Thai seafood restaurateurs sentenced to nearly 1,500 years in prison for cheating public
Two executives at a famous seafood
restaurant in Thailand were sentenced Wednesday to nearly 1,500 years in prison after being convicted of cheating the public.
Fox News. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- Thailand seafood fraudsters sentenced to 1,446 years in jail
However, in Thailand the maximum jail time for public fraud is capped at 20 years.
BBC News. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- As many as 86 American Seafoods crew members test positive for coronavirus
Eighty-six crew members in one of American Seafoods' fish processing vessels have tested positive for COVID-19, the fishing company said on Sunday.
Reuters. Monday, 1 Jun 2020.
- Dave Rennie: Glasgow Warriors coach says reign has been 'special'
Dave Rennie's Glasgow Warriors tenure has come to a low key end but he will leave Scotland with fond memories of winning, laughing and sampling the finest seafood
BBC News. Friday, 29 May 2020.
- Closed Mississippi beaches hitting local businesses' bottom line
A toxic algae bloom has forced Mississippi to close all coastal beaches for swimming. There's even a warning against eating local seafood
. Now local businesses are feeling the impact. Manuel Bojorquez reports.
CBS News. Thursday, 21 May 2020.
Seafood Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries