This Seafood news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about seafood news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Health warnings lifted on 2 Texas bays after accident, leak
BAYPORT, Texas (AP) - Texas health officials have lifted some advisories that warned against eating seafood from parts of two Houston-area bays following a maritime accident and toxic spill this month. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- The Race Is on to Find the Next Sustainable Superstar Seafood
The Race Is on to Find the Next Sustainable Superstar Seafood
Yahoo. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- A Real-Life Forrest Gump, Patriots' Jarvis Green Goes From Super Bowl To Shrimping Industry
After starting 46 games and winning two Super Bowls with the New England Patriots, Green has become the owner and president of Oceans 97, a shrimp and seafood supply company.
Forbes. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Seafood Without The Sea: Will Lab-Grown Fish Hook Consumers?
The seafood industry has some well-publicized problems: from overfishing to contaminants that make their way into fish. Now, a handful of startups aim to offer a "clean" alternative grown from cells.
NPR. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- Must-Try Mendocino: The Best Places To Wine & Dine
From fresh seafood to farm-to-table cuisine, here's a roundup of the best places to eat and drink in Mendocino.
Forbes. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- Italian restaurant owner writes scathing reply to customer who wanted Parmesan on his seafood pasta
The owner of Maximo Italian Bistrot in London has told a customer to eat 'cow dung' after he requested Parmesan on crab ravioli with salmon. Massimo Donato said it was an 'obscene request'.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 27 Apr 2019.
- Climate change altering the makeup of Canada's multi-billion dollar seafood industry, report finds
A report by the Department of Fisheries and Oceans has found warmer sea temperatures, less ice cover and changing currents in Atlantic Canada are leading to declines in some species of sea life but increases in others.
CBC News. Friday, 12 Apr 2019.
- South Korea WTO appeal succeeds in Japanese Fukushima food dispute
South Korea won the bulk of its appeal on Thursday in a dispute at the World Trade Organization over import bans and testing requirements it had imposed on Japanese seafood in the wake of the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster.
Reuters. Friday, 12 Apr 2019.
- WTO upholds South Korean ban on Fukushima seafood
WTO upholds South Korea's import ban on Japanese seafood from areas affected by the 2011 nuclear disaster
ABC News. Thursday, 11 Apr 2019.
- Brexit plea over Scotland's perishable exports
Scotland's transport secretary says priority should be given to produce such as Scottish seafood.
BBC News. Sunday, 7 Apr 2019.
- Hungry City: Simply Cooked Seafood Turns Luxurious at Taverna Kos
This restaurant in Astoria, Queens, teases big flavors and lush textures out of basic ingredients.
New York Times. Thursday, 4 Apr 2019.
- 'Thick accumulation of rodent excrement': Inspectors find filth after chowder rat video
The seafood chowder prepared in a Vancouver restaurant kitchen was "unfit for human consumption," according to an inspection report prepared after a rat was allegedly found in a customer's soup.
CBC News. Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019.
- Farmer of salmon in Maine, Canada makes more acquisitions
A major aquaculture business with operations in Canada and Maine says it has acquired a pair of companies that will help expand its presence in the seafood world. Cooke Inc. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 19 Mar 2019.
- Air Products to Feature Freshline Solutions at Seafood Expo
Air Products' (APD) Freshline solutions are designed to provide efficient freezing of small sea food products.
Zacks. Wednesday, 13 Mar 2019.
- Yo! Sushi, Wagamama, Itsu and Wasabi dishes can have TWICE recommended daily amount of salt
Yo! Sushi's large spicy seafood ramen has over double the daily amount of salt the NHS recommend. The guideline amount is 6g, but the dish has 13g of salt in it. A dietitians branded it 'disappointing'.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 10 Mar 2019.
Related Directory Page(s)
Seafood Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries