This Seafood news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about seafood news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- U.S. seafood consumers may unwittingly fund North Korea
Americans buying salmon for dinner at Walmart or ALDI may be inadvertently subsidizing the development of North Korea's weapons program.
CBS News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Environmental group sues over extended red snapper fishing season
One of America's favorite seafood's at the center of a fight among fishermen and the federal government. ...
CBS News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Seafood company owner fined $25G after eating receipt to obstruct inspection
The co-owner of a seafood
processing company in Canada has been fined $25,000 after clamming up during a government inspection and eating a receipt to obstruct the probe.
Fox News. Thursday, 15 Apr 2021.
- Georgia restaurant defends calling cops on dinner party
Louisiana Bistreaux Seafood
Kitchen in East Point, Georgia, defended calling the police on a large dinner party last month after it allegedly refused to split their $2200 bill into separate checks.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 3 Apr 2021.
- Chicago aquarium takes penguins to seafood restaurant, hopes to spread awareness of environmental campaign
A small group of penguins got to spend a night at a seafood
restaurant in Chicago, and it was all done for a good cause.
Fox News. Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021.
- The Big Picture: Sustainable Food And Career Choices
A new Netflix documentary, Seaspiracy, will change the way you think about seafood, and a book about breaking into the impact economy called "Good Work" shows how to invest personal capital into fields that matter the most.
Forbes. Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021.
- Staycation: A review of Devon's Cricket Inn pub with rooms, which has views that'll bowl you over
Sarah Hartley checked into The Cricket Inn at Beesands. It serves freshly caught seafood
and has seven rooms each with a New England nautical vibe.
Daily Mail. Monday, 29 Mar 2021.
- Pinchers Boil'n Pot famous for spicy crawfish & vintage candy!
Stuffed with 16 pounds of seafood, the Boil'n Boat at Pinchers is the ultimate feast for crawfish lovers!
ABC News. Sunday, 28 Mar 2021.
- New Initiative Fights Gender Inequality In The Seafood Industry
Women make up half of all seafood
industry workers, yet they are underrepresented in leadership roles.
Forbes. Sunday, 7 Mar 2021.
- Esca, a Seafood Standout in the Theater District, Closes
The chef Dave Pasternack, who bought the restaurant from the Batali & Bastianich Hospitality Group, says the location became a liability in the pandemic.
New York Times. Friday, 5 Mar 2021.
- Fishing taskforce to tackle Brexit export 'issues'
The new UK Government group to help Scotland's fishing and seafood
sectors meets for the first time this week.
BBC News. Sunday, 7 Feb 2021.
- UK government 'in denial' over EU seafood and fish exports
and fishing industry bodies highlight post-Brexit export problems to MPs on the Scottish Affairs Committee.
BBC News. Thursday, 4 Feb 2021.
- Seafood: Much to glean when times are rough
consumption amongst the world's poorer coastal communities depends on their local habitat characteristics, which influences how they fish at different times of the year.
Science Daily. Monday, 1 Feb 2021.
- Alaska reports 20 seafood company workers contract COVID-19
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - Multiple crew members on a seafood
factory trawler in the Aleutian Islands in Alaska have tested positive for COVID-19, joining a growing list of outbreaks in seafood
processors and vessels, city officials said. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 30 Jan 2021.
- Legendary Texas oyster family opens waterfront seafood spot
This legendary family-owned oyster company offers "tide-to-table" dining at their waterfront restaurant!
ABC News. Thursday, 28 Jan 2021.
Seafood Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries