This Scuba Diving news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about scuba diving and scuba news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Erie native dives for prehistoric shark teeth
ERIE, Pa. (AP) - Bill Eberlein, a 1983 graduate of Erie Tech Memorial High School, learned to dive in the murky waters of Lake Erie, honing his skills with the Erie County Sheriff's Office Scuba Team. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- AUD100 million makeover and rebrand, InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will open in July 2019
The resort will be the only property on Hayman Island and will offer luxury accommodation, meeting facilities and a variety of water sports, cruises to the Great Barrier Reef and a full PADI SCUBA dive centre. ...
Hsyndicate. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Now you can explore a cave without actually going into a cave
Czech speleologists have come up with a way to explore flooded cave systems without strapping on scuba gear, wet suits, helmets and water-proof lamps: 3D mapping.
Reuters. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- How to find and buy a fare deal to Hawaii
Once upon a time, American Airlines offered round-trip fare deals to Maui for as little at $300, which was catnip for me, a scuba diver who liked exploring those waters. I thought those low-fare days were gone for good. ...
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 22 Apr 2019.
- Trilobites: How Beetles That Live Underwater Breathe Without a Scuba Tank
When an insect is this small, it seems to be able to get away with an unusual technique for taking in oxygen.
New York Times. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- 'Scuba-diving' lizard can stay underwater for 16 minutes
A Costa Rican lizard species may have evolved scuba-diving qualities allowing it to stay underwater for 16 minutes, according to researchers.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019.
- Young Seychelles researcher offered surprise, historic dive
A young scientist from the Seychelles on Friday became the first known Seychellois to explore deep below scuba depth in the largely uncharted waters of her island nation.
Fox News. Friday, 8 Mar 2019.
- Tiny fish trapped in an invisible plastic bag is freed by a caring scuba instructor in Thailand
Nat Senmuang was diving with friends when she noticed the fish barely breathing inside the plastic pollution in Phuket, southern Thailand. 100,000 sea creatures die every year from plastic.
Daily Mail. Monday, 18 Feb 2019.
- The TV Host Being Paid To Travel To Mysterious Islands
Adrenaline junkie and queen of adventure Kellee Edwards is a pilot, scuba diver and rock climber... as well as the host of her own Travel Channel TV show.
Forbes. Thursday, 31 Jan 2019.
- Carbon-capture technology scrubs CO2 from power plants like scuba-diving gear
Scientists have developed a process that removes CO2 from coal-burning power plant emissions in a way that is similar to how soda lime works in scuba diving rebreathers. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 31 Jan 2019.
- Mystery of 'suicidal' whales SOLVED, as experts discover sonar causes them to beach
Scientists in Spain have solved the mystery as to why whales are beaching. Sonar noise was scaring them causing decompression sickness, which is common in scuba divers.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 30 Jan 2019.
- For some whales, sonar may provoke suicidal behaviour: study
Scientists have long known that some beaked whales beach themselves and die in agony after exposure to naval sonar, and now they know why: the giant sea mammals suffer decompression sickness, just like scuba divers. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 29 Jan 2019.
- Mayor of Cambridge dies after scuba diving in South Africa
The mayor of Cambridge has died while on a scuba diving holiday with his wife in South Africa.
Sky News. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- California Today: California Today: How Californians Ring in the New Year
Wednesday: Sharing food traditions, Jerry Brown grants clemencies, and scuba Santa
New York Times. Wednesday, 26 Dec 2018.
- How missing Dubai princess practised her escape
Footage of a missing Dubai princess scuba diving in her palace as she prepares to flee her family has been shared with Sky News, along with new pictures of the young woman.
Sky News. Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018.
Diver wearing scuba diving equipment
Related Directory Page(s)
Scuba Diving News Headlines and News Summaries