This Scuba Diving news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about scuba diving and scuba news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- As ocean temperatures rise, photographer seeing more warm-water fish off Nova Scotia
diver Lloyd Bond says in the last three years he's seen increasing numbers of butterfly fish, seahorses, cornet fish, trigger fish, puffer fish, and many other species not native to Canadian waters.
CBC News. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Florida man says he's lucky to be alive after apparent shark attack
A Florida man hurt his left arm in an apparent shark attack while scuba diving
Fox News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Citizen scientists offer ray of hope
Volunteer snorkelers and scuba
divers have been helping capture images of reef manta rays to better protect the threatened species. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Players' outrageous locker room celebration with hundreds of bottles of champagne after NBA triumph
Players from Canada's only NBA team, including Serge Ibaka and Pascal Siakam were seen donning scuba
gear as they poured champagne into their mouths and over their heads.
Daily Mail. Friday, 14 Jun 2019.
- Erie native dives for prehistoric shark teeth
ERIE, Pa. (AP) - Bill Eberlein, a 1983 graduate of Erie Tech Memorial High School, learned to dive in the murky waters of Lake Erie, honing his skills with the Erie County Sheriff's Office Scuba
Washington Times. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Now you can explore a cave without actually going into a cave
Czech speleologists have come up with a way to explore flooded cave systems without strapping on scuba
gear, wet suits, helmets and water-proof lamps: 3D mapping.
Reuters. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- How to find and buy a fare deal to Hawaii
Once upon a time, American Airlines offered round-trip fare deals to Maui for as little at $300, which was catnip for me, a scuba
diver who liked exploring those waters. I thought those low-fare days were gone for good. ...
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 22 Apr 2019.
- Trilobites: How Beetles That Live Underwater Breathe Without a Scuba Tank
When an insect is this small, it seems to be able to get away with an unusual technique for taking in oxygen.
New York Times. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- 'Scuba-diving' lizard can stay underwater for 16 minutes
A Costa Rican lizard species may have evolved scuba-diving qualities allowing it to stay underwater for 16 minutes, according to researchers.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 26 Mar 2019.
- The TV Host Being Paid To Travel To Mysterious Islands
Adrenaline junkie and queen of adventure Kellee Edwards is a pilot, scuba
diver and rock climber... as well as the host of her own Travel Channel TV show.
Forbes. Thursday, 31 Jan 2019.
- Mayor of Cambridge dies after scuba diving in South Africa
The mayor of Cambridge has died while on a scuba diving
holiday with his wife in South Africa.
Sky News. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- How missing Dubai princess practised her escape
Footage of a missing Dubai princess scuba diving
in her palace as she prepares to flee her family has been shared with Sky News, along with new pictures of the young woman.
Sky News. Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018.
- New Gadget Brings Fish Up From the Ocean's "Twilight Zone"
The portable decompression chamber allows SCUBA-diving scientists to safely collect specimens without them, well, exploding
Smithsonian. Monday, 11 Jun 2018.
- 15-foot great white shark shocks scuba divers above Florida Keys shipwreck: 'Get on the boat!'
Three months ago, Cody Wabiszewski traded in his desk job in Butler, Pennsylvania for a boat in Marathon, Florida.
Fox News. Monday, 21 May 2018.
- Swim With a Pineapple Under the Sea at America's First Museum for Scuba Divers
Swim with turtles and snap selfies with sculptures at this diving spot off the coast of Florida.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 10 May 2018.
Scuba Diving News Headlines and News Summaries