This Scuba Diving news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about scuba diving and scuba news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Surfer is found being EATEN by three sharks by rescuers hunting another man
Eric Birighitti's remains were found off the Western Australia coast two days ago by rescuers searching for the body of 57-year-old Gary Johnson, who was attacked by a great white while scuba diving
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jan 2020.
- Worshipper almost drowns diving for a cross during annual Epiphany challenge
The man lost consciousness in the Bosphorus river in Istanbul, Turkey, and had to be fished out by fellow worshippers and police scuba
Daily Mail. Monday, 6 Jan 2020.
- 3,200 White Abalone Released In An Effort To Beat Extinction
Giant strides taken for a groundbreaking conservation project involving 3,200 giant marine snails, a team of scuba
divers and a lot of hope for a nearly-extinct species.
Forbes. Tuesday, 3 Dec 2019.
- The Best Hotels In Curacao
Whether you prefer romantic getaways or expert scuba
diving, Curacao has a hotel for you.
Forbes. Thursday, 24 Oct 2019.
- Santa Barbara boat fire: Exam doesn't find cause of deadly blaze
Investigators that examined the wreckage of a scuba diving
boat haven't been able to determine what ignited a fire that killed 34 people.
ABC News. Saturday, 28 Sep 2019.
- Cause of deadly California scuba diving boat fire still a mystery
Investigators completed a two-week examination of the charred wreckage of a scuba diving
boat and could not determine what ignited the fire that killed 34 people off the Southern California coast, a law enforcement official said Friday.
Fox News. Saturday, 28 Sep 2019.
- California boat fire: Safety investigators say all crew were asleep
The scuba-diving boat caught fire off the coast of California last week, killing 34 people.
BBC News. Thursday, 12 Sep 2019.
- California boat fire: Crew say there were no mechanical issues
The scuba-diving boat caught fire off the coast of California last week, killing 34 passengers.
BBC News. Thursday, 12 Sep 2019.
- Search warrants served at operator of boat involved in deadly Santa Barbara fire
Authorities served search warrants at the Southern California company that owned the scuba diving
boat that caught fire and killed 34 people last week
ABC News. Monday, 9 Sep 2019.
- Search warrants served in probe of deadly California boat fire
Following the California boat fire that killed 33 passengers and one crew member, authorities have executed search warrants against scuba diving
company Truth Aquatics to determine whether any crimes have been committed.
CBC News. Sunday, 8 Sep 2019.
- Sheriff: Dive Boat Victims Killed by Smoke, Not Flames
Authorities say dozens of people trapped on a scuba diving
boat that caught fire off the Southern California coast appear to have died from smoke inhalation, not burns.
Voice of America. Friday, 6 Sep 2019.
- $11.8M Kansas mansion comes with a surprising aquatic perk
An 18-acre property, which just hit the market for $11.8 million, sits on a network of water-filled tunnels designed specifically for scuba diving
Inman. Wednesday, 4 Sep 2019.
- Mayor of Cambridge dies after scuba diving in South Africa
The mayor of Cambridge has died while on a scuba diving
holiday with his wife in South Africa.
Sky News. Sunday, 13 Jan 2019.
- How missing Dubai princess practised her escape
Footage of a missing Dubai princess scuba diving
in her palace as she prepares to flee her family has been shared with Sky News, along with new pictures of the young woman.
Sky News. Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018.
- 15-foot great white shark shocks scuba divers above Florida Keys shipwreck: 'Get on the boat!'
Three months ago, Cody Wabiszewski traded in his desk job in Butler, Pennsylvania for a boat in Marathon, Florida.
Fox News. Monday, 21 May 2018.
Scuba Diving News Headlines and News Summaries