This Satellite news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about satellites from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Urban canyons' can cause signal blackouts in driverless cars
'Uurban canyons' caused by high-rise towers and skyscrapers on either side of a road can block signals received from satellites
and result in 'potential safety and operational implications'.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 Jul 2020.
- 'Hope' and ambition drive UAE's Mars mission
The United Arab Emirates is sending a satellite
to the Red Planet to study its weather and climate.
BBC News. Tuesday, 14 Jul 2020.
- Tech companies are ending leases and consolidating offices as remote work is here to stay
Start-ups are letting leases expire, and bigger companies are downsizing in favor of smaller, satellite
offices as employers prepare for a future of distributed work.
CNBC. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Viasat Removes Internet Speed Caps for Ka-Band Customers
Viasat (VSAT) eliminates Internet speed limits for business jets equipped with Ka-band satellite
connectivity system for an enhanced communications infrastructure in the global aviation market.
Zacks. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- OneWeb sale to UK-Bharti group gets court approval
A New York court hearing accepts the plan to pull the OneWeb satellite
company out of bankruptcy.
Yahoo. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Britain Gambles on a Bankrupt Satellite Operator, OneWeb
Pushed by Brexit, the U.K. government will have a platform to expand into the space business.
New York Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- How OneWeb's $1 billion bankruptcy rescue changes the competitive landscape for Elon Musk's Starlink
internet company OneWeb is back in the space broadband race against SpaceX's Starlink network.
CNBC. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Satellite data show severity of drought summers in 2018 and 2019
Measurements by the GRACE-FO satellite
mission show a decline in water storage in Central Europe by up to 94 percent compared with seasonal fluctuations. The changes are so serious that a recovery within one year is not to be expected. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Satellite images show activity at 'previously undeclared North Korean nuclear facility'
Expert say the site, in the village of Wollo-ri near the capital of Pyongyang, has the classic signs of being a nuclear factory.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Viasat Deploys Premium Residential Internet Service in Brazil
Viasat (VSAT) deploys high-quality residential Internet connectivity services in Brazil by leveraging Telebras' SGDC-1 satellite
bandwidth for a seamless networking infrastructure.
Zacks. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Sky Q over broadband plans sidelined for now, development focused on satellite service
Back in 2017, Sky revealed plans to introduce a way of getting the Sky Q TV experience without a satellite
dish.Delivered entirely over broadband, the
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Esa and Nasa line up satellites to measure Antarctic sea-ice
Aligning polar satellites
will enable the first ever reliable maps of Antarctic sea-ice thickness.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Israel launches new Ofek 16 spy satellite
Israel launched a new spy satellite
into orbit from a launchpad in the center of the country early Monday morning, the Defense Ministry said.
Fox News. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Israel Launches New Spy Satellite To 'Monitor Iran'
Israel's Defense Ministry has announced the successful launch of a new spy satellite
that the ministry said would provide high-quality surveillance for its military intelligence.
Radio Liberty. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Unprecedented ground-based discovery of 2 strongly interacting exoplanets
Several interacting exoplanets have already been spotted by satellites. But a new breakthrough has been achieved with, for the first time, the detection directly from the ground of an extrasolar system of this type. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries