This Satellite news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about satellites from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Why Tonga eruption was so big and what's next
People around the world looked on in awe at the spectacular satellite
images of an undersea volcano erupting in a giant mushroom cloud in the Pacific.
Fox News. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- A New Generation of Satellites Is Helping Authorities Track Methane Emissions
Efforts to identify leaks of the harmful greenhouse gas are improving with advances in technology
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Radar satellite's stunning map of UK and Ireland
- SpaceX fires its 2,000th Starlink satellite into orbit
Elon Musk's firm launched another 49 Starlink satellites
on a Falcon 9 rocket from Kennedy Space Center, Florida at 21:02 ET on Tuesday - taking the total to over 2,000.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- WATCH: Satellite images show aftermath of volcanic eruption and tsunami
images show the aftermath of a volcanic eruption and tsunami in Tonga.
ABC News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Tonga tsunami: Before and after eruption
and aerial images show impact of eruption of underwater volcano near Tonga island chain.
BBC News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Satellite images show Tonga covered in ash after volcanoc eruption
pictures have emerged showing Tonga covered in ash after a huge undersea volcano erupted.
Sky News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- Why satellites are key to understanding Pacific volcano
- Citizen scientists find 'Jupiter-like' planet, NASA says
NASA announced this week that citizen scientists had spotted a Jupiter-like exoplanet in data from its Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite
Fox News. Saturday, 15 Jan 2022.
- Virgin Orbit successfully launches seven more satellites into space
Richard Branson 's space firm put the small satellites
into a 310 mile orbit, launching from the Mojave Air and Space Port in California at 16:39 ET (21:39 GMT) on Thursday.
Daily Mail. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Past seven years hottest on record - EU satellite data
Analysis shows 2021 was the fifth-warmest with record-breaking temperatures in some regions.
BBC News. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
- Virgin Orbit stock pops more than 20% as Branson's company shows off rocket in Times Square
Richard Branson's satellite-launching company Virgin Orbit brought a rocket to show off in New York City on Friday, as it celebrated going public.
CNBC. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- SpaceX's Starlink internet service has more than 145,000 users so far
Elon Musk's SpaceX on Thursday gave an update on its Starlink internet service, as the company launched more satellites
CNBC. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- EchoStar (SATS) Ties Up to Offer Broadband Services in India
With the combined capabilities of EchoStar's (SATS) Hughes and Airtel, customers will have access to next-generation satellite
connectivity backed by enterprise-grade security.
Zacks. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Iran says it launched three "research" satellites into space
But Tehran didn't say whether they made it into orbit. This comes amid difficult talks in Vienna about Iran's nuclear program.
CBS News. Thursday, 30 Dec 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries