This Satellite news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about satellites from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- This Satellite Company Appointed New Science Officer, Keeps Shipping Going During The Coronavirus Pandemic
More than 98 percent of customers renewed their contracts in Q1 with Spire, said CEO Peter Platzer.
Forbes. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- Coronavirus pushes SpaceX competitor OneWeb into bankruptcy - CNET
A major player in the satellite
internet world is in limbo thanks to the March meltdown.
CNET. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Air pollution eases in four major cities as pandemic measures keep people home
images show a decrease in one noxious pollutant due to pandemic measures that are keeping a lot of cars in Toronto and Vancouver off the roads.
CBC News. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- SpaceX's Starship manual suggests the craft could be used for hauling cargo and up to 100 passengers
SpaceX's manual says the craft will be capable of carrying various sized satellites
to space, including larger geosynchronous and other smaller constellation satellites
all in one journey.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- What Makes Iridium (IRDM) a Promising Investment Option Now?
Iridium (IRDM) operates the world's largest commercial constellation with a mesh architecture of 66 operational Low-Earth Orbit satellites
to route traffic using radio frequency crosslinks.
Zacks. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- The US economy has come to a standstill, satellite imagery shows
The coronavirus crisis is bringing the United States economy to screeching halt, as satellite
imagery shows every sector getting hit.
CNBC. Saturday, 28 Mar 2020.
- Coronavirus: OneWeb blames pandemic for collapse
OneWeb, the high-profile London-based satellite
start-up, files for bankruptcy protection in the US.
BBC News. Saturday, 28 Mar 2020.
- NASA satellite images show how China's lockdown during the coronavirus dimmed Wuhan
NASA captured the lighting changes in Jianghan District, a commercial part of Wuhan after authorities suspended travel and placed restrictions on other activities, such as social gatherings.
Daily Mail. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- US Space Force launches satellite after glitch
The newest branch of the US military, established by President Trump, goes into space for the first time.
BBC News. Friday, 27 Mar 2020.
- Space Force Launches Its 1st Mission With Virus Precautions
The newly established U.S. Space Force launched its first national security satellite
Thursday with a leaner staff because of the coronavirus pandemic. ...
Newsmax. Thursday, 26 Mar 2020.
- Satellite images and artificial intelligence used in search for Vietnam War-era unexploded bombs
Researchers at Ohio State University have harnessed satellite
images and sophisticated artificial intelligence technology to search for unexploded bombs from the Vietnam War.
Fox News. Tuesday, 24 Mar 2020.
- Coronavirus impact: Satellite images show world cities before and after outbreak
images starkly show just how much things have changed across the world as the coronavirus outbreak spread.
CNBC. Tuesday, 24 Mar 2020.
- Meghan McCain announces she is pregnant
McCain said she will now be self-isolating "as a precaution" and appear on "The View" from home via satellite
amid the coronavirus pandemic.
CBS News. Sunday, 22 Mar 2020.
- Air pollution clearing due to coronavirus lockdowns
images show strict lockdowns to stop the spread of the coronavirus are also having an impact on the environment.
CBS News. Friday, 20 Mar 2020.
- Observing phytoplankton via satellite
Thanks to a new algorithm, researchers can now use satellite
data to determine in which parts of the ocean certain types of phytoplankton are dominant. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 19 Mar 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries