This Satellite news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about satellites from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Satellites Spy Poop-Stained Ice, Revealing New Emperor Penguin Colonies
Researchers found eight new colonies, but all were small and located in parts of Antarctica predicted to be ravaged by climate change
Smithsonian. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- SpaceX launches 57 more Starlink satellites, capping busy week
With the 10th Starlink launch, SpaceX has now placed nearly 600 internet relay satellites
CBS News. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- Beirut explosion: Before-and-after images
and aerial images show the extent of the Beirut port explosion that ripped through the Lebanese city.
BBC News. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- Climate change: Satellites find new colonies of Emperor penguins
A search from space discovers new colonies of the Antarctic bird that has an uncertain future.
Yahoo. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Beirut blast survivors sift rubble for bodies as death toll continues to rise
images show the port warehouse where the explosion that devastated Beirut was located has been reduced to nothing more than a watery crater, while nearby buildings have been flattened.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 Aug 2020.
- Satellite images show scope of Beirut blast
The explosion killed at least 135 people, injured 5,000 and pushed up to 250,000 out of their homes after the shockwaves ripped out doors and shattered windows miles inland. The death toll is expected to rise. ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 5 Aug 2020.
- Now TV: How much it costs, devices, passes explained and all you need to know
Now TV is a great alternative to regular paid TV services in the UK, as it doesn't need a satellite
or installation.It essentially offers access to a wide
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 5 Aug 2020.
- Satellite images reveal Antarctica is home to 20 per cent more penguin colonies than thought
In the study, scientists from British Antarctic Survey (BAS) used images from the European Commission's Copernicus Sentinel-2 satellite
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 Aug 2020.
- Scientists discover new penguin colonies from space
A new study using satellite
mapping technology reveals there are nearly 20% more emperor penguin colonies in Antarctica than was previously thought. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- The most expensive high school in America may have the best reopening strategy
In the midst of the pandemic, Avenues plans to reopen for face-to-face instruction, along with remote and satellite
options for families who can afford it.
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- SpaceX says Starlink internet has 'extraordinary demand,' with nearly 700,000 interested in service
SpaceX says its nascent satellite
internet service called Starlink has already seen "extraordinary demand" from potential customers.
CNBC. Saturday, 1 Aug 2020.
- Breakthrough method for predicting solar storms
Extensive power outages and satellite
blackouts that affect air travel and the internet are some of the potential consequences of massive solar storms. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020.
- Airbus to build 'first interplanetary cargo ship'
The European aerospace company will make a huge satellite
to bring Mars rocks back to Earth.
BBC News. Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020.
- Iran moves mock aircraft carrier to sea after U.S. jet incident
photographs likely signal the Iran soon plans to use replica for live-fire drills amid heightened tensions with the U.S.
CBS News. Monday, 27 Jul 2020.
- Iran moves mock aircraft carrier into Strait of Hormuz amid tensions with the US
Iran has moved a mock US-style aircraft carrier to the strategic Strait of Hormuz during heightened tensions between Tehran and Washington, satellite
Sky News. Monday, 27 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries