This Satellite news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about satellites from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Amateur Astronomer Discovers New Moon Orbiting Jupiter
Kai Ly spotted the unnamed satellite
using telescope images from 2003
Smithsonian. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Clouds will AMPLIFY global warming by reflecting less solar radiation, study warns
observations of clouds, and their linked temperature, humidly and wind conditions, led experts from Imperial College London to make their dire prediction.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- US wants to build spy base in UK to help keep satellites safe
The United States is looking to build a spy base in the UK to probe deep space and spot any attempt by states such as Russia or China to attack vital satellites
orbiting the Earth.
Sky News. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- Nation's largest wildfire in Oregon covers 201,923 acres as west coast suffers under heat dome
images reveal the massive wildfire in Oregon that is now the biggest in the nation and covers 201,923 acres, which is larger than the size of New York City.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- EE aims for 5G coverage everywhere in UK by 2028
Portable cells, drones and satellites
will deliver on-demand 5G connections to the most remote locations.
BBC News. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- Wildfire Smoke Is Choking Western Skies
Wildfire smoke spread across most of the Western United States, satellite
New York Times. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- Sky X: Will Sky without a dish ever come to the UK?
Sky UK first announced plans to make Sky Q available without the need for a satellite
dish back in 2017. Instead of requiring a satellite
dish, it was
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Climate change: Technology boosts efforts to curb tree loss in Amazon
Smartphones and satellite
data help indigenous people in the Peruvian Amazon to limit deforestation.
BBC News. Monday, 12 Jul 2021.
- Maxar (MAXR) Signs $35M Deal to Offer WorldView Legion Access
Maxar (MAXR) wins a multi-year contract worth $35 million from an unnamed international defense and intelligence customer for providing direct access to WorldView Legion satellites.
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- More Americans say they are "cutting the cord" these days
Five years ago, 63% of Americans mostly watched television through cable and satellite. Today, it's just 45%.
CBS News. Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021.
- Satellite imagery company Planet Labs is going public, backed by Google, BlackRock and Marc Benioff
imagery and data specialist Planet Labs is preparing to go public, merging with a SPAC to list on the NYSE.
CNBC. Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021.
- Space company Satellogic to go public via Cantor Fitzgerald SPAC at $1.1 billion valuation
imagery specialist Satellogic is preparing to go public, announcing plans to merge with a SPAC sponsored by Cantor Fitzgerald.
CNBC. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- 3 Satellite Stocks That are Braving Industry Challenges
Stocks That are Braving Industry Challenges
Zacks. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- China Bolsters Its Nuclear Options With New Missile Silos in a Desert
images of construction could fuel the debate over American nuclear modernization and the future of arms control negotiations.
New York Times. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
- China has 100-plus new nuclear missile silos under construction, satellite images show: report
In what experts say may signal plans to significantly expand its nuclear capabilities, China has begun constructing more than 100 new missile silos in a desert area in the western part of the country, according to a report.
Fox News. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries