This Satellite news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about satellites from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Tiny GPS backpacks uncover the secret life of desert bats
A new study using miniaturized satellite-based tags revealed that during drier periods desert bats must fly further and longer to fulfill their nightly needs. According to researchers this signals their struggle in facing dry periods.
Science Daily. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Satellite images show China has mobilised its troops to Hong Kong border
Donald Trump yesterday said Chinese troops were moving to the border with Hong Kong, citing U.S. intelligence. Chinese state media have also released videos to show tanks being sent to Shenzhen.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Satellite study reveals that area in Africa emits one billion tonnes of carbon
A vast region of Africa affected by drought and changing land use emits as much carbon dioxide each year as 200 million cars, research suggests.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Was AT&T's Acquisition Of DirecTV A Mistake?
AT&T (NYSE:T) acquired satellite
TV services provider DirecTV in 2015. In this analysis, we take a look at how the business has fared since then and whether it has lived up to ...
Forbes. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Viasat (VSAT) Q1 Earnings & Revenues Beat Estimates, Up Y/Y
Higher revenues on a year-over-year basis at both satellite
services and government systems segment drive Viasat's (VSAT) fiscal first-quarter results.
Zacks. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- Iceye satellites return super-sharp radar images
Helsinki-based Iceye showcases high-resolution radar images from its growing satellite
BBC News. Friday, 9 Aug 2019.
- In Iran, bypassing online censors with satellite TV - CNET
Mehdi Yahyanejad uses an innovative technology to get past internet censorship in Iran and bring information to poor and isolated communities in Mexico.
CNET. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Fox Corp beats quarterly profit estimates on higher affiliate fees
Fox Corp reported quarterly results that beat Wall Street estimates, boosted by higher fees collected from cable and satellite
operators and online distributors.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Atlas 5 rocket launches $1.1 billion military satellite into space
will help provide high-speed, jam-proof military communications
CBS News. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- SpaceX successfully launches Falcon 9 rocket carrying Israeli satellite
Three years after a spectacular on-pad explosion that destroyed an Israeli communications satellite, SpaceX boosted a Falcon 9 rocket into orbit Tuesday night. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Move over, Elon! SpaceX rival wants to catch its rocket boosters with HELICOPTERS
The ambitious plans were revealed at the Small Satellite
Conference in Utah, this week, and comes after SpaceX revolutionised controlled landings.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Europe launches second EDRS space laser satellite
Optical links will pull pictures and data from other spacecraft and then speed them to the ground.
BBC News. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Last Month Was the Hottest July in Recorded History
The EU's weather satellites
show the global average was 0.072 higher than July 2016, the previous record holder
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Dish loses fewer pay-TV subscribers than expected
Dish Network beat estimates for quarterly revenue, as the U.S. satellite
TV service provider lost fewer pay-TV subscribers than analysts had expected.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- AP Explains: What T-Mobile takeover of Sprint means for you
NEW YORK (AP) - U.S. antitrust regulators have cleared T-Mobile's $26.5 billion takeover of rival Sprint, leaving just three major cellphone companies, while creating a smaller competitor in satellite-TV company Dish. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 26 Jul 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries