This Satellite news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about satellites from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- DirecTV satellite at risk of catastrophic failure due to battery malfunction
US broadcast satellite
service provider DirecTV has filed an urgent request to the Federal Communications Commission to take its satellite
out of orbit before it explodes.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 23 Jan 2020.
- Gerald Corrigan 'shot with crossbow' while fixing satellite dish
Four men are on trial over the death of retired college lecturer Gerald Corrigan.
BBC News. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- Space mission to reveal 'Truths' about climate change
A UK-led satellite
aims to get an absolute measurement of the light reflected off Earth's surface.
BBC News. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- SpaceX is already launching more Starlink satellites: How to watch - CNET
Elon Musk is already the world's largest satellite
constellation operator, but he's just getting going.
CNET. Monday, 20 Jan 2020.
- Air pollution from oil and gas production sites visible from space
US and European satellites
help scientists measure nitrogen dioxide from drilling, production and flaring.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- Huge Taal volcano eruption is seen from SPACE by Japan's satellite
Japan's Himawari-8 satellite
captured the eruption Taal volcano in the Philippines from space, which shows the plume spread over the course of January 12 and 13.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- Nanosatellites improve detection of early-season corn nitrogen stress
For corn growers, the decision of when and how much nitrogen fertilizer to apply is a perennial challenge. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- Disability advocates slam Democrats' plan for 'satellite' Iowa caucus sites
The Iowa Democratic Party hailed its plan for "satellite" caucus sites this year as a boon for disabled voters who for the first time would have easy-access options to join the democratic process. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 12 Jan 2020.
- SpaceX's latest launch seeks to address astronomers' concerns
The launch boosts the number of Starlink internet relay satellites
to 180 as SpaceX builds a vast constellation.
CBS News. Tuesday, 7 Jan 2020.
- Epic Aerospace, A Y Combinator Space Startup, Is Building A Satellite Transportation Network
Ignacio Montero, a 21-year-old dropout of Stanford University, has started Epic Aerospace, a space transportation network startup.
Forbes. Tuesday, 7 Jan 2020.
- Can Scientists Protect North Atlantic Right Whales by Counting Them From Space?
A new collaboration between the New England Aquarium and the engineering firm Draper seeks to use satellite
sonar and radar data to create a global watch
Smithsonian. Monday, 6 Jan 2020.
- SpaceX launch seeks to address astronomers' concerns
The launch will boost the number of Starlink internet relay satellites
to 180 as SpaceX builds vast constellation.
CBS News. Monday, 6 Jan 2020.
- Amazon' Kuiper R&D Headquarter Plan Boosts Satellite Focus
Amazon (AMZN) eyes the former Macy's store at Redmond Town Center for Project Kuiper R&D headquarter.
Zacks. Friday, 3 Jan 2020.
- Canadarm maker to be acquired by Canadian investors in $1B deal
A Toronto-based investment firm has signed a $1-billion deal to buy the Canadian space technology company behind Radarsat Earth-observation satellites
and the Canadarm robotic mechanisms on the International Space Station.
CBC News. Monday, 30 Dec 2019.
- Glut of Satellites Might Disrupt Views of Natural Universe
A slew of new satellites
aim to make the world better connected but it might come at the expense of humanity's ability to reach out to the stars.
Newsmax. Friday, 27 Dec 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries