This Satellite news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about satellites from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Satellite operator Viasat climbs 27% after selling military communications unit to L3Harris for $2 billion
operator Viasat is selling a piece of its government business to defense contractor L3Harris in a deal worth nearly $2 billon.
CNBC. Monday, 3 Oct 2022.
- Sky Glass vs Sky Stream: Which Sky IP service suits you better?
Sky will launch Sky Stream on 18 October 2022 - a way of getting the full Sky TV experience without needing a satellite
dish or going whole hog on the
Pocket Lint. Saturday, 1 Oct 2022.
- Satellite images appear to confirm Ethiopia civil war raging again
After a five-month ceasefire that enabled humanitarian agencies to help only a fraction of those in need, images suggest Ethiopian and Eritrean troops are on the move.
CBS News. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- Ethiopia's Tigray war: Satellite images capture troop build-up near Eritrea border
Soldiers and heavy weapons are being moved in the northern Tigray region, near the border with Eritrea.
BBC News. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Hurricane Fiona: Satellite images show devastation in Atlantic Canada
The "historic" storm touched down in Atlantic Canada over the weekend, causing millions in damage.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Satellite captures stunning view of Hurricane Ian's eye
is positioned about 22,300 miles above Earth.
CBS News. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Eerie bloom of light is left by SpaceX rocket launch over the Atlantic
On Saturday, billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk's SpaceX launched 52 Starlink satellites
to low-Earth orbit from Florida's Cape Canaveral Space Force Station.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- WATCH: Satellite images show lightning-packed Hurricane Ian
images show the eye of Hurricane Ian packed with lightning as it strengthened over the Gulf of Mexico.
ABC News. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- Putin squirms in seat as Lukashenko rants about men 'running away'
Outbound flights from Russia are completely sold out, and traffic jams leading to Russia's borders are so big they can be seen from space (satellite image of huge queue to Georgian border)
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- Satellite pictures show miles of queuing Russians fleeing Putin's order
images showing large numbers of Russians fleeing to Georgia and Mongolia have been released after Vladimir Putin's order to mobilise hundreds of thousands of reservists for the conflict in Ukraine.
Sky News. Monday, 26 Sep 2022.
- One new feature makes the iPhone 14 worth the upgrade
Perhaps the iPhone 14's most critical feature for real estate agents is its satellite-based SOS feature, a technology most often found in stand-alone emergency communication tools used by people who spend a lot of time in remote places.
Inman. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- Planet prepares to launch another line of imagery satellites to expand data-gathering operations
Planet is adding another type of imagery satellites
to its product line, in the latest expansion of the data the company gathers from its networks in orbit.
CNBC. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Musk's Starlink broadband company will seek exemption to sanctions so it can cover Iran
Elon Musk has said his company Starlink will ask for an exemption to sanctions so it can provide satellite
broadband to Iran.
Sky News. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
- Space Storms Destroy Elon Musk's Starlink Satellites, and the Problem Is About to Get Worse
SpaceX has 3,000 satellites
in orbit with plans to launch roughly 40,000 more.
Entrepreneur. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
- IBM, Airtel Team Up for Secure Edge Cloud Services in India
Leveraging a hybrid environment based on IBM Cloud Satellite
and Red Hat OpenShift, the platform is widely expected to address the critical business needs of large enterprises with greater efficiency.
Zacks. Thursday, 15 Sep 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries