This Sanitary news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about sanitary news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Court says detained migrant children must get soap
Federal judges dismissed the government's argument that providing "safe and sanitary" conditions for detained children doesn't require soap or toothpaste
CBS News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Feminine Products Unaffordable for Many Venezuelan Women
One of the unintended consequences of Venezuela's economic collapse is that many women aren't able to afford basic health services - and even things like sanitary
napkins are now increasingly out of reach.
Voice of America. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Japan's FamilyMart convenience chain apologises for rats in store
FamilyMart shut a store and said it was sorry if the "unsanitary" footage had made customers feel "uneasy".
BBC News. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Newborn baby is abandoned in a toilet bin with its umbilical cord and placenta still attached
The baby was found covered by blood-stained sanitary
paper in the small bin on Tuesday in People's Hospital of Tengzhou in eastern China's Shandong Province. The child is said to be in stable condition.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 25 Jul 2019.
- Undercover videos show alleged animal abuse at Nature Prairie Dairy Farms
Nature Prairie Dairy Farms is accused of extreme animal cruelty and unsanitary conditions for its dairy cows.
ABC News. Tuesday, 23 Jul 2019.
- Menstrual cups 'as reliable as tampons'
Scientific review shows they are as leakproof as other sanitary
products, say researchers.
BBC News. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
- Senate Dems propose bill making family separation at border illegal
The bill's introduction comes on the heels of reports of overcrowded, unsanitary conditions in border detention facilities. And on Sunday, ICE is expected to begin mass immigration raids
CBS News. Thursday, 11 Jul 2019.
- 4th body recovered after overturned boat found in Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal
The bodies of four people who were aboard a boat that was found overturned in the Chicago Sanitary
and Ship Canal last week have been recovered, officials said Monday.
ABC News. Monday, 1 Jul 2019.
- People Are Trying To Donate To Detained Migrants. Border Patrol Won't Accept It
After hearing claims that detention centers are housing migrant children in unsanitary conditions, people are attempting to provide them with supplies.
NPR. Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019.
- Migrant Children Moved From Border Patrol Center After Outcry
Reports of children detained in crowded and unsanitary conditions long beyond the maximum legal limit have created a new controversy over the administration's immigration policies.
NPR. Monday, 24 Jun 2019.
- Border Patrol Removes Hundreds Of Children From Station Following Reports Of Unsanitary Conditions
'Totally unacceptable' conditions
Daily Caller. Monday, 24 Jun 2019.
- Boy borrows what he thinks is a 'BIG Band-Aid' from his sister's bathroom
Brody Baca from Riverside, California, took what he thought was a 'big Band-Aid' from his older sister's bathroom. But his mother struggled to keep a straight face as it was actually a sanitary
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 12 Jun 2019.
- Forget 'clean, sanitary' election memes to win over Australia's far right
Australian Radomir Kobryn-Coletti has no commitment to any political party, right or left, but his job right now is churning out incendiary Facebook memes for a controversial senator, wooing the far-right ahead of this month's elections.
Reuters. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- Heavy Rain Blamed for Dozens of Sewer Overflows
Heavy rainfall is being blamed for dozens of sanitary
sewer overflows in Dallas, Fort Worth and Irving Wednesday and Thursday. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
- Migrant camps overflow as Mexico cracks down after Trump threats
Amid pressure from Washington, Mexico is backpedaling on promises of better treatment for Central American migrants, leaving hundreds stranded in unsanitary camps near its southern border and allegations of irregular detentions.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Apr 2019.
Sanitary Engineers News Headlines and News Summaries