This Sanitary news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about sanitary news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Cofepris approved phase 3 of the German CureVac vaccine in Mexico
The Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Marcelo Ebrard, reported that phase 3 of the CureVac vaccine against coronavirus was authorized by the Federal Commission for Protection against Sanitary
Entrepreneur. Saturday, 9 Jan 2021.
- Activists cheer as 'sexist' tampon tax is scrapped
Campaigners say cutting of the 5% VAT rate on tampons and sanitary
towels ends a 'sexist' tax.
BBC News. Friday, 1 Jan 2021.
- 'Consigned to the history books': 'Tampon tax' scrapped from today
The 5% rate of VAT on women's sanitary
products - known as the "tampon tax" - has been scrapped.
Sky News. Friday, 1 Jan 2021.
- Businesses suspended for remaining open at red light in Edomex
Authorities visited more than 400 establishments of various sectors to urge them to comply with the sanitary
Entrepreneur. Monday, 21 Dec 2020.
- Period poverty: The Belfast school breaking the taboo
Pupils and staff at Belfast Royal Academy are trying to make sanitary
products accessible for all.
BBC News. Saturday, 28 Nov 2020.
- Scotland becomes the first country in the world to offer free period products
Scotland has become the first nation in the world to make sanitary
products freely available after passing the Period Products (Free Provision) (Scotland) Bill in Parliament today.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020.
- Scotland becomes first country to make sanitary products free
Scotland has become the first country in the world to pass legislation making period products freely available to all.
Sky News. Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020.
- Masco (MAS) to Buy Majority Stake in Easy Sanitary Solutions
Masco (MAS) expands its product portfolio in barrier-free showering and bathroom wall niches with the ESS acquisition.
Zacks. Thursday, 12 Nov 2020.
- Store apologizes for not allowing woman to buy 'nonessential' sanitary products
The supermarket chain deleted its initial tweet response, which it claimed was a standard response from its customer services team.
Fox News. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Fury as Tesco in Wales is accused of banning tampon sale because they are NON-ESSENTIAL
The Welsh 'trolley police' sparked fury this morning after women in Tesco were told they could not buy sanitary
towels - because they were non-essential items.
Daily Mail. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- The Tampon Tax May Be Gone, But Menstruation Is Still Treated As A Luxury
Currently, women's sanitary
products in the UK are supplied at the reduced VAT rate of 5%, which includes a variety of sanitary
pads, tampons, and even sanitary
belts, but there is no mention of menstrual underwear.
Forbes. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- Inside The Wealthy World Of The Golden Door Spa In California And How To Visit During A Pandemic
With social distancing and serious sanitary
measures in full effect, the $10,000-per-week California spa is open for business.
Forbes. Sunday, 27 Sep 2020.
Sanitary Engineers News Headlines and News Summaries