This Sandwich news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about sandwiches from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Wendy's is giving away free chicken sandwiches for 2 weeks
Wendy's really wants you to try its new chicken sandwich.
ABC News. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Panera Bread adds pizza to menus as customers order more delivery and takeout
Panera Bread customers can now buy flatbread pizzas from the sandwich
CNBC. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Burger King Japan reveals 'Fake Burger' ingredients
Burger King Japan debuted its new limited-time sandwich
late last week.
Fox News. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Outrage over pub landlord's 'joke' about 'maggot infested kids'
Richard Dawson, owner of The Cricketers Arms in Baildon, has deleted his post offering 'maggot infested' children a free 'jam sandwich
workshop' over the school holidays.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Denny's to offer 'Blue Moons Over My Hammy' sandwich made with blue bread on Halloween
The best way to celebrate Halloween is with some unnaturally blue food.
Fox News. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Arby's enters Mexico, and pandemic pushes new U.S. customers to try its sandwiches
The new Arby's in Guadalajara is its first restaurant in Latin America.
CNBC. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Jack in the Box Spruces Up Menu With Unchicken Sandwiches
Jack in the Box (JACK) along with Raised & Rooted unveils new plant-based Unchicken sandwiches
at select outlets in California and Nevada.
Zacks. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Jack In The Box Adds A Twist To The Chicken Sandwich Wars By Testing A Plant-Based Option
Jack in the Box's new plant-based option is sourced from Raised & Rooted, an alternative protein product line launched by Tyson Foods last year.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Dispatches reveals how 33% of meat in shop sarnies is untraceable
As part of Channel 4's The Truth About Your Sandwich, presenter Helen Skelton investigated what ingredients go into high street sandwiches
as well as the hygiene conditions at stores and factories.
Daily Mail. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Subway sandwich bread is not legally bread, Irish court rules in tax dispute
Ireland's Supreme Court ruled that the bread contains so much sugar that it cannot be legally defined as bread for tax reasons.
ABC News. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Subway rolls ruled too sugary to be bread in Ireland
A court says the bread used in the firm's hot sandwiches
must be taxed because of its sugar content.
BBC News. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Best sandwich maker 2020: Join the club with these top presses and toasters.
If you're tired of suffering through half-rate sandwiches
at breakfast and lunch, it could be time to invest in a dedicated machine and elevate your creations
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- Chick-fil-A testing new chicken sandwich with a Southern twist
The fancy Southern-style sandwich
will only be available in the Carolinas.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 15 Sep 2020.
- Pret boss says demand in city centres may never recover
The chief executive of sandwich
chain Pret A Manger said he did not think city centres will ever be as full as pre-pandemic levels.
Sky News. Friday, 4 Sep 2020.
- Pret A Manger to cut 3,000 jobs in the UK
chain will slash 3,000 jobs as part of a rescue plan for the business.
BBC News. Thursday, 27 Aug 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries