This Sailing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about sailing and sailor news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- USS Oklahoma sailor killed at Pearl Harbor identified, set to be buried in Kentucky
A U.S. Navy sailor
killed in the attack on Pearl Harbor has been identified and is set to be buried in Kentucky.
Fox News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Cruise Ship Rescues 24 People From Sinking Boat Off Florida Coast
The Carnival Sensation, which was sailing
with no guests and a skeleton crew, found the boat in distress 37 miles off the coast of Palm Beach.
New York Times. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Cyclops baby albino shark shocks fishermen after they find it inside the gut of an adult
The one-eyed fish was found inside the belly of an adult shark that died after being caught in the nets while the fishermen were sailing
across Maluku province in Indonesia on October 10.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- 2 USS Theodore Roosevelt sailors test positive for COVID-19
Two sailors aboard the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt have tested positive for COVID-19, the same ship that experienced a mass outbreak this spring.
ABC News. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- A COVID-19 outbreak struck a UK ballistic-missile sub after sailors broke isolation rules at a US Navy base
More than 30 crew members of HMS Vigilant, one of four subs maintaining the UK's nuclear deterrence force, have tested positive for the virus.
Yahoo. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Marines fire commander after accident that killed 9
The Marines have fired the commander involved in the deadly training accident that killed eight Marines and a Navy sailor
ABC News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Marine relieved of duty after deadly AAV accident in California
The amphibious assault vehicle was carrying 15 Marines and one sailor
when it sank off the coast of San Clemente Island earlier this summer.
CBS News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Marines find sunken AAV after deadly training accident
The AAV was carrying 15 Marines and one sailor
when it sank.
CBS News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Carnival (CCL) Cancels Sailing From Miami and Port Canaveral
Owing to the uncertainty revolving around the coronavirus crisis, Carnival (CCL) cancels operations from two of its ports in Florida. Australia operations have also been canceled.
Zacks. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Rod Stewart is shipping his giant model railway back to his home in Essex
Rod Stewart, 75, is sailing
his model railway across the sea - to be near him in his Essex home. This is the surest sign yet that Sir Rod is planning a move back to the UK after 45 years stateside.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Invest In CoreLogic (CLGX) Stock
CoreLogic (CLGX) is one of the few firms that are sailing
through the tough economic times as well as maintaining dividend payouts and share repurchases.
Zacks. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- HMS Queen Elizabeth: Images win Royal Navy photographic award
Winning images capture the lives of Royal Navy sailors and Royal Marines around the globe.
BBC News. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- U.S. missile destroyer ship breaks Navy record for longest stint at sea
The USS Stout reached 208 days at sea Sept. 26 as the Navy has imposed restrictions on port visits to protect sailors from the coronavirus.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- The Ship That Stopped 7,000 Migrants, and Smuggled 700,000 Cigarettes
The Caprera, an Italian warship, was deployed to Tripoli to help combat people-smugglers in Libya. Some of its sailors gathered a cargo of contraband.
New York Times. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- 'Killer whales attacked my yacht for 45 minutes'
A Scottish sailor's boat is badly damaged after being targeted by orcas off the coast of Spain.
BBC News. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
Sailing Instruction News Headlines and News Summaries