This Sailing news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about sailing and sailor news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Free passenger-only ferry at NC Outer Banks sailing
HATTERAS, N.C. (AP) - Long-awaited passenger-only ferry service between two popular North Carolina Outer Banks destinations is finally sailing. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Sailing in Treacherous Waters to Alaska. With Toddlers for Crew.
With a barely-4-year-old and a not-quite-2-year-old, in a 32-foot boat sailing up the Inside Passage, a family discovers the best rewards are those never imagined.
New York Times. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- U.S. warns merchant ships of possible Iranian attacks in Middle East
U.S. commercial ships including oil tankers sailing through key Middle East waterways could be targeted by Iran in one of the threats to U.S. interests posed by Tehran, the U.S. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Trump 'conscience' rule for medical providers facing legal challenge in California
Critics are assailing the Trump administration's "conscience" rule, which allows health providers to refuse treatment to people, even in emergencies.
CNBC. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Husband of Brazilian model who drowned after falling overboard yacht is charged with manslaughter
Caroline Bittencourt was pulled from the water on April 29, 14 miles from the Sao Paulo coast where she had gone over the side of the 16ft catamaran she was sailing with husband Jorge Sestini.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- When Men Said It Couldn't Be Done, This All-Women Crew of Sailors Said 'Watch Us.'
The Whitbread Round the World yacht race's first all-female crew is profiled in the new documentary 'Maiden.'
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- Chinese Family Reportedly Paid $6.5 Million for Spot at Stanford
The student, Yusi Zhao, was admitted to Stanford in 2017. Her family had tried to get her recruited to the sailing program.
New York Times. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- Amputee on 'top of the world' after walking again
A US sailor who lost his leg takes his first steps using a prosthetic limb after documenting his recovery.
BBC News. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- First Oprah took an Alaska cruise. Now Martha Stewart will design activities for Caribbean sailings
Call it the battle of the cruise ship mavens. Holland America has Oprah Winfrey. Now MSC Cruises is partnering with home and lifestyle guru Martha Stewart to design new excursions. ...
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- World Superyacht Awards: The Best Motor And Sailing Yachts For 2019
The world's greatest superyachts are celebrated at this annual awards ceremony with nominees ranging from the largest trimaran in the world to numerous billionaire owned megayachts.
Forbes. Thursday, 25 Apr 2019.
- Report: NKorea's Ghost Ships Help Get Around Sanctions
To evade sanctions and buy and sell goods such as coal and oil, North Korea employs a fleet of ghost ships sailing around the globe, The Washington Post reported Wednesday.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- Sea Cloud: A Tall Sailing Ship Steeped In History
Sea Cloud, a tall ship with a storied past, couples an authentic sailing experience with pampered luxury.
Forbes. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- Columbus sailing ship replica La Nina sinks again in Texas
A docked replica of a Christopher Columbus ship that sank in 2017 days after Hurricane Harvey struck Texas has swamped again
ABC News. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- SS Iron Crown: WW2 shipwreck found off Australia
The SS Iron Crown was sunk by a Japanese submarine in 1942, killing 38 sailors.
BBC News. Tuesday, 23 Apr 2019.
- Reporter Details Neglect And Disaster In The U.S. Navy
ProPublica journalist T. Christian Miller says outdated equipment and a shortage of sailors contributed to two separate collisions involving Navy destroyers in 2017, in which 17 sailors were killed.
NPR. Monday, 22 Apr 2019.
Sailing a boat on a partly cloudy day
Related Directory Page(s)
Sailing Instruction News Headlines and News Summaries