This Safety news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about safety news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- E-bikes: What is the law and is there an age limit?
Electric bikes are increasingly popular - but users must obey strict safety
rules to ride them legally.
BBC News. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Fisherman Mark Elder paid ultimate price at sea, says sister
Sister of fisherman who died has spoken after seafood company fined for health and safety
BBC News. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Chicago officials share water safety tips at start of summer to decrease rescues, drownings
There's a lot of reasons to be out on or in the water in Chicago in summer, but with that comes some warnings from city officials about safety
to bring water rescues down from last summer.
ABC News. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Some parents' rights organizations listed as 'hate groups'
Parents' rights organizations including Florida-based Moms for Liberty who fought COVID-19 safety
measures are the latest to be added to a list of 'hate and anti-government groups.'
Daily Mail. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- How to protect your pets from wildfire smoke
Poor air quality due to wildfires can be dangerous for pets both indoors and outdoors. Experts are sharing safety
and health tips.
CBS News. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Flood Rescuers Press On in Southern Ukraine After Dam Disaster
As residents sought safety
from engulfed communities, President Volodymyr Zelensky warned that hundreds of thousands could lack drinking water.
New York Times. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- LGBTQ Youth Group Hosts Pride Carnival For Kids, Prohibits Parents From Attending
'we do not allow parents on site for safety
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Fleeing Floods, Ukrainians Make Perilous Boat Journeys To Safety
Boat after boat of exhausted and stressed civilians arrived in the flooded streets of Kherson on June 7. Some of the people had made it here from Russian-occupied areas on the east bank of the Dnieper River.
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Jeff Hefner, pilot of Cessna that crashed in Virginia was known as 'Mr Safety'
The experienced pilot who was at the helm of the Cessna Citation that crashed in Virginia earned himself the nickname 'Mr Safety' after flying more than 25,000 hours for Southwest Airlines.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Honeywell's (HON) A-VDGS Technology to Improve NAP's Safety
Honeywell's (HON) A-VDGS technology is set to be deployed at NAP's gates to allow for safe parking of aircraft after landing, thus improving turnaround management performance.
Zacks. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Calmes: Republican states' worthless post-Roe pledges
Antiabortion politicians have had a year to deliver on the 'pro-life' safety
net they promised to help women who were forced to give birth and their kids. Guess what happened.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Boeing warns new defect on 787 Dreamliners will slow deliveries
Boeing said the issue isn't related to flight safety
and that 787 Dreamliner planes in service can continue operating.
CNBC. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- Human Rights Campaign declares "state of emergency" for LGBTQ+ Americans
The civil rights organization also issued a guidebook to help ensure safety
for both LGBTQ+ residents and travelers in "hostile states."
CBS News. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- Boppy Newborn Lounger Tied To 10 Infant Deaths, Regulators Say
The Consumer Product Safety
Commission recalled the Boppy loungers almost two years ago, but two infants died after using the loungers in the following months.
Forbes. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- Atlanta City Council approves funding for 'Cop City'
The Atlanta City Council on Tuesday approved funding for the construction of the proposed Atlanta Public Safety
Training Center, dubbed "Cop City" by critics.
ABC News. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
News Headlines and News Summaries