This Safety news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about safety news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Walmart removes guns and ammunition from displays at US stores
Walmart says it moved firearms and ammunition off the sales floor for the safety
of workers and customers, citing "civil unrest" in some areas.
ABC News. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- CDC Offers Safety Tips for Halloween During Pandemic
148 million Americans plan to mark holiday, despite surge in COVID-19 cases across country.
Voice of America. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- "No shortcuts" taken on COVID vaccine safety, top official says
Operation Warp Speed is on track to have vaccines before the end of the year, retired Lieutenant General Paul Ostrowski said.
CBS News. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- NFL free agent Eric Reid, who protested alongside Colin Kaepernick, declines practice squad invite
NFL free agent safety
and former Pro Bowl selection Eric Reid has declined an offer to join Washington's practice squad because he feels the offer isn't commensurate with his on-field resume.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Shocking moment subway commuter gets wedged between the safety screen on the platform and the train
The passenger in Shanghai was trapped in the tight gap after he allegedly failed to squeeze through the closing doors, the authorities said. He survived unhurt.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Beverly Hills closing Rodeo Drive on Election Day for public safety
Beverly Hills' iconic shopping destination Rodeo Drive will be closed to the public on Nov. 3 and Nov. 4 for security purposes during Election Day, the city's police chief said.
Fox News. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- Denver Broncos Testing UV Technology As Part Of COVID Health And Safety Measures
The Broncos are using one UV-C Enclosure (UVE) unit from UV-Concepts to sanitize equipment ranging from footballs to tackling dummies and more.
Forbes. Wednesday, 28 Oct 2020.
- TABC Suspends Liquor License for 4 Dallas Bars Over COVID-19 Safety Measures
Officials on Tuesday suspended the liquor licenses of four Dallas bars after they were found not to be following COVID-19 safety
rules put in place by the state.
NBC. Tuesday, Oct 27 2020.
- Eric Reid tells AP he declined Washington's practice squad offer
Free agent safety
Eric Reid told The Associated Press he declined an offer to join Washington's practice squad.
Fox News. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Legal Issues For Film/TV Production In The Age Of COVID
The COVID-19 pandemic has upended everything we know about workplace organization and safety, and one industry that has, and will continue to have, more difficulties than most is entertainment, specifically film and television production.
Forbes. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Tesco among supermarkets accused of failing to enforce face covering rules by mayor
Tesco has been accused of failing to enforce coronavirus rules and not having a "responsible attitude" to safety
Sky News. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- 3M earnings top expectations amid strong personal-safety equipment sales
3M reported third-quarter results that beat analyst expectations on the back of strong personal-safety and health equipment sales.
CNBC. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- 'Suspended' footbridge over River Teviot set for safety overhaul
The structure - over the River Teviot - hangs across three arches of a former railway viaduct.
BBC News. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- Man in court over plane crash that killed footballer Emiliano Sala
A man who allegedly arranged the fatal flight taken by footballer Emiliano Sala has pleaded not guilty to endangering the safety
of an aircraft.
Sky News. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- 5 Dividend ETFs to Ride Out Market Volatility
The dividend-focused products offer safety
through payouts, and stability in the form of mature companies that are less volatile to large swings in stock prices.
Zacks. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries