This Retirement news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about retirement news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- NBC Broadcaster Tom Brokaw Announces Retirement
NBC News announced today that Tom Brokaw was calling it a career after 55 years with the network where he was the only broadcaster to host Today, NBC Nightly News, and Meet The Press.
Forbes. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- New 'living pension' needed to help retirement
It would help firms ensure that their staff are saving adequately for their later years, the Resolution Foundation said. The report said further action is needed to encourage greater saving.
Daily Mail. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- 6 Reasons to Pursue Entrepreneurship in Retirement
Plus: Ideas for how to get started.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- How To Setup A Cash Balance Pension Plan
Why You Should Start A Cash Balance Plan - the reason is usually a combination of the huge tax savings with added retirement
security. What small business owners need to know to set up a Pension plan.
Forbes. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Is Vanguard Target Retirement 2015 Fund (VTXVX) a Strong Mutual Fund Pick Right Now?
Mutual Fund Report for VTXVX
Zacks. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Rivers retires, ends 'childhood dream' NFL career
Philip Rivers has announced his retirement
from football, ending his 17-year career as the NFL's fifth-leading passer of all time.
ESPN. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Pandemic pushes older homeowners into thinking about downsizing sooner
A survey of homeowners aged 55 and over, by retirement
home builder Audley Group, found 34 per cent want to move to a better area and 29 per cent want to be closer to family and friends.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Duke Energy (DUK) Pushes for Clean Energy & Smarter Grid
Duke Energy (DUK) expands clean energy plans, which include investment in electric vehicle charging stations and retirement
of coal plants.
Zacks. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Pondering retirement again, Brees has 'no regrets'
Drew Brees said he has no regrets about deciding to play this season as he ponders retirement
ESPN. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Debra Ivory, Smiling Owner of a Barbecue Haven, Dies at 62
In her mid-50s, she cashed out some retirement
savings to buy an Oklahoma City eatery, revamping the menu with family recipes. She died of complications of Covid-19.
New York Times. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Wayne Rooney: Derby County confirm ex-England captain as manager
Wayne Rooney is named as Derby County's new manager, with the ex-England captain also announcing his retirement
BBC News. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Tips for Getting Your Financial Life in Order in Hard Times
Two books provide financial advice for the immediate issues and for retirement
. But for deep problems you are likely to need additional help.
New York Times. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Police officer killed just 1 day before retirement in high-speed chase
A police officer has been killed in the line of duty just one day away from retirement
when a suspect intentionally crashed into his police cruiser.
ABC News. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- COVID relief deal lets you raid your 401(k) without a tax penalty. Is that a good idea?
Workers can withdraw or borrow up to $100,000 from 401(k)s under new COVID-19 aid package. Retirement
planners say only do this if necessary.
CBS News. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Chan Gailey resigns as Dolphins' offensive coordinator
Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator Chan Gailey has resigned one season after coming out of retirement
Fox News. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
Retirement Planning News Headlines and News Summaries