This Retirement news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about retirement news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Grand National-winning jockey Geraghty retires
Leading jockey Barry Geraghty, who won the Grand National and rode 43 Cheltenham Festival winners, announces his retirement
BBC News. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- What you need to know before taking out a home equity loan or borrowing from your 401(k)
Borrowing against your home or retirement
accounts can be a quick way to get large sums of cash, but both options have drawbacks. Here's what you need to know.
CNBC. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- United, pilots union reach tentative agreements for early retirements and voluntary furloughs
United and its pilot union have been negotiating to help cut costs as the coronavirus devastates travel demand.
CNBC. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Prince Charles and Camilla say they 'REFUSE to retire'
Prince Charles, 71, and Camilla, 72, were chatting with workers at an Asda distribution centre in Bristol, when the duchess made a rare reference to the couple's future plans for retirement
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- 'Scared for my life,' but needing a salary: Teachers weigh risks as COVID-19 looms
For teachers, the question is stark: Is the risk of catching COVID-19 worth continuing in a profession many love -- and need to fund retirement
Yahoo. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- NYPD limits amount of retirement applications cops can file amid 400%
The NYPD said Wednesday that 179 cops filed for unemployment between June 29 and July 6 - a staggering 411 percent increase on the 35 who retired during the same time period last year.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- The July 15 Tax-Filing Deadline Is Approaching; New Retirement-Account Rules Can Benefit You
Most of the 2020 guidelines are in favor of savings-account owners and sole propietors.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- AIG Benefits From Divestitures, Enhanced Retirement Solutions
AIG is poised to benefit from constant efforts to streamline business operations and strict cost-control measures.
Zacks. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- 2 female firsts at the Supreme Court announce retirements
The Supreme Court said Tuesday that the first-ever women to hold two prominent positions at the court, handling the justices' security and overseeing publication of the court's decisions, are retiring. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- How NFL offensive linemen escape the 5,000-calorie lunch and transform in retirement
For their entire playing careers, offensive linemen are conditioned to eat until they can't eat any more. So how are so many of them losing 50, 60, even 70 pounds in retirement?
ESPN. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Pensioner's relief as Aberdeen car park toilet block is moved
The facility for waste collection workers had been placed outside a retirement
development in Aberdeen.
BBC News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Delta ALPA Negotiate Early-Out Package For Senior Pilots As Boeing 777 Retirements Near
The early-out package agreement reached Thursday is expected to appeal to pilots who are closing in on retirement, in particular Boeing 777 pilots, although any senior pilot is eligible, said Chris Riggins, Delta ALPA spokesman.
Forbes. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- How the Trump Campaign Is Drawing Obama Out of Retirement
More than three years after his exit, the 44th president of the United States is back on a political battlefield he longed to leave.
New York Times. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- NYPD sees spike in members filing for retirement amid protests
The NYPD says so far this month, 233 members have filed for retirement, CBS New York reports.
CBS News. Saturday, 27 Jun 2020.
- This Day in History: June 27
Helen Keller is born. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, who was often the deciding vote on abortion, gay rights and other controversial issues, announces his retirement
Fox News. Saturday, 27 Jun 2020.
Retirement Planning News Headlines and News Summaries