This Restaurant news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about restaurants from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Atlanta restaurant is feeding out-of-work food service employees
industry could lose 7 million jobs in the next three months as the coronavirus pandemic takes its toll on the economy. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- Toilet paper, gloves, bottled water: Restaurants tack on extras to takeout orders
are turning to bundling in-demand consumer products with food and drinks to reach out to their communities even as the future of their businesses is unclear.
CNBC. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- How Visa, MasterCard, And American Express Can Help Restaurants
The large payment networks should take proactive, preemptive steps to reduce interchange rates for restaurants. Specifically, they should eliminate their portion of the interchange fee for a specified period of time.
Forbes. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- Washington DC woman starts charity to support restaurants, healthcare workers in coronavirus fight
A Washington D.C. native saw an opportunity to unite two industries greatly affected by the coronavirus pandemic, and the overwhelming response she's received has been "insane," she told Tucker Carlson.
Fox News. Thursday, 2 Apr 2020.
- President Trump Offers Drowning Restaurant Industry One Solution: Tax Deductions
industry has been scrambling for solutions to save itself during the coronavirus pandemic. President Trump has floated the idea of changing a provision in the 2017 tax law.
NPR. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Why Pizza Companies Are Weathering The Downturn Better Than Their Restaurant Counterparts
The past two weeks have provided an early glimpse of just how badly the COVID-19 pandemic could affect the restaurant
industry in the long term.
Forbes. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- This is how much you should tip restaurants and delivery drivers during coronavirus - CNET
Commentary: Extreme measures call for extreme tipping. It's the right thing to do.
CNET. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Modern Family's Ty Burrell Gives Servers a $100,000 Tip
The hilarious actor is leading a relief effort in Salt Lake City to raise money for out-of-work bar and restaurant
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Papa John's Posts Preliminary Q1 Comps, Revokes 2020 View
Papa John's (PZZA) expects first-quarter domestic company-owned restaurant
comps to increase 6.1%.
Zacks. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Restaurants and bars lost a total of $25 billion so far due to coronavirus
and bars across the country closed or limited to takeout service, the industry has lost an estimated $25 billion in sales in the first three weeks of March. Adriana Diaz reports.
CBS News. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Booking a table at Asia's No. 1 restaurant just got easier
in Singapore once again takes the top spot on Asia's 50 Best Restaurant
List. Helmed by French chef Julien Royer, the French-Asian inspired Odette was also named the 18th best restaurant
in the world in 2019.
CNBC. Wednesday, 1 Apr 2020.
- Coronavirus: The restaurants feeding hospital staff
Chefs whose businesses have shut have been volunteering to feed NHS staff working around the clock.
BBC News. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Your Smart Guide to Restaurant Takeout
The market for restaurant
takeout and delivery is heating up as people become homebound and dining establishments across the county have been forced to close their eat-in business, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Newsmax. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
- Dallas Restaurant Gives Away 100 Meals to Feed Doctors Fighting Coronavirus
A Dallas restaurant
is giving back to doctors on the front lines fighting the coronavirus pandemic. Savor restaurant, at Klyde Warren Park, is dropping off 100 meals for doctors at UT Southwestern Center Tuesday. ...
NBC. Tuesday, Mar 31 2020.
- Operation BBQ Relief: Charity feeds homeless, first responders, employs restaurant workers
Operation BBQ Relief is doing its part on the coronavirus frontlines feeding the hungry. ...
Fox News. Tuesday, 31 Mar 2020.
Restaurants News Headlines and News Summaries