This Rental news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about rentals from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Why you might be leasing not buying your next couch
IKEA and several start-ups are exploring furniture rental
options as younger consumers look for more flexible and environmentally-friendly options.
CNBC. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- With reAlpha's Approach to Real Estate, Anyone Can Own Short-Term Rental Properties
Buyers can invest in reAlpha properties as well as in the company itself during its Reg A offering.
Entrepreneur. Saturday, 22 Jan 2022.
- Why Earnings Season Could Be Great for United Rentals (URI)
(URI) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.
Zacks. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- New rules passed for short-term lets in Scotland
Ministers wanted to tackle the growth of rentals
on platforms like Airbnb in popular tourist areas like Edinburgh.
BBC News. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- United Rentals (URI) Reports Next Week: Wall Street Expects Earnings Growth
(URI) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Have you overlooked these rental checks or has your landlord?
Happy tenants often make for a happy landlord and this checklist of legal obligations and best practice can help rentals
be a success.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- A woman's French bulldog was snatched in West Hollywood. She found him in Philadelphia
After the dog was taken by men in an SUV, detectives tracked the rental
car to a man in Philadelphia, and the dog's owner flew out to get him.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- The South End of Stamford, Conn.: Master-Planned With Luxury Rentals, and Lots of Pets
The neighborhood, a 322-acre peninsula on Long Island Sound, has been redeveloped with 4,000 new apartments. And there are more to come.
New York Times. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Federal Rental Assistance Is Running Out, With Tenants Still in Need
An announcement from the Treasury Department on Friday revealed that there was less money available for renters than some states had hoped.
New York Times. Sunday, 9 Jan 2022.
- Several states have run out of federal rental assistance
A deluge of applications has forced some states to shut their federal rental
assistance programs earlier than expected.
CNBC. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- CA family arrives on holiday trip to find rental full of trash; why Airbnb refused a refund
A holiday family reunion in Los Angeles for a Bay Area family hit a sour note when they arrived at their Airbnb rental. The family described the unit as uninhabitable, saying it looked like a "raging party" had just taken place.
ABC News. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- Adam Neumann's 'plans to disrupt rental property market' after snapping up 4,000 apartments
Adam Neumann, 42, who was ousted as WeWork CEO in 2019, has been buying up majority shares in more than 4,000 apartment complexes worth over $1 billion.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- London-based Christmas tree rental company provides sustainable holiday alternative
Roxana Saberi provides a look a London-based company's efforts to reduce the environmental impact of obtaining Christmas trees.
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022.
- US median rent rose 11% in 2021 due to inflation
Rents increased three times the rate of a normal year, in which rents might rise 3-4 percent overall, according to a new report from online rental
Inman. Monday, 3 Jan 2022.
- L.A. races to distribute housing vouchers before homeless people are kicked out of hotels
As hotels shift away from sheltering homeless people as part of Project Roomkey, Los Angeles is racing to distribute thousands of rental
vouchers it received from various stimulus bills.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 22 Dec 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries