This Rental news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about rentals from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Newsom promises additional $600 stimulus checks and $5 billion toward rental assistance
The proposal to deliver $8 billion in new cash payments to millions of Californians amid the COVID-19 pandemic is part of a $100-billion state budget that has swelled with a significant windfall of tax revenues.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Air Travel Consumer Confidence Is No Longer About The Airlines
People mostly trust that they can be safe on an airplane now. But summer travel is still at risk because of challenges outside the plane, including rental
cars and restaurants.
Forbes. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Three steps to leverage rentals to boost your sales
By working with renters/rentals, agents can still generate income on rental
commissions while simultaneously increasing their pools of buyer and seller leads.
Inman. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- The rat pack! Woman vacationing on an Oregon farm finds six newborn rodents squeaking in her bed
Olivia Longstaff arrived at her farmhouse rental
in Oregon to find baby rats in her bed. The six little rodents had chewed their way through the comforter.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Airbnb guests find hidden cameras in rentals
Airbnb is tackling privacy concerns after several customers found hidden cameras at their rental
properties. Airbnb requires hosts to disclose to guests prior to their stay if they have any cameras on their property. Anna Werner reports.
CBS News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Biden Administration Moves to Speed Aid to Renters
The Treasury Department issued new rules intended to make it easier for tenants to benefit from the $46.5 billion in emergency rental
New York Times. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- 'Perfect for serial killers': Mother finds multiple creepy crawl spaces in her rental home
US-based TikTok user Jaclyn Williams, 29, is currently renting a home with her husband Jay and their son, and has been living in it for two months.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Murderous bank robber's Chevrolet Impala rental car auctioned for $45K
A 1965 Chevrolet Impala used as a getaway car in an infamous bank robbery has been auctioned for $45,000. Duane Earl Pope rented the car in Salina, Kan., before killing three at the Farmer's State Bank in Big Springs, Neb.
Fox News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Expedia Group (EXPE) Incurs Loss in Q1, Beats on Revenues
Expedia Group's (EXPE) first-quarter results reflect a rebound in vacation rentals
and domestic travel amid disruptions in the travel industry caused by the pandemic.
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Biden releases $21.6 billion in new aid for renters
The administration on Friday authorized $21.6 billion for emergency rental
assistance to help prevent evictions during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Treasury Department announced. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Textainer (TGH) to Report Q1 Earnings: What's in Store?
income is likely to have increased in the March quarter at Textainer (TGH).
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Time To Sell Avis Budget Group Stock?
Avis budget group, a car rental
industry company, saw its stock rise by 257% since the end of 2018 compared to the S&P500 which has increased by 69% in the same period.
Forbes. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Airbnb CEO on locals offering "experiences," international expansion
Airbnb provides a worldwide online platform to connect guests with private room and home rentals. Founded in 2008, the company is now valued at more than $30 billion. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Hertz endorses improved Knighthead bid in effort to exit bankruptcy
company Hertz Global Holdings on Tuesday backed a bid from Knighthead Capital Management to support its exit from bankruptcy.
CNBC. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Luxury short-term rental unicorn Sonder will go public with SPAC
The deal would value the combined company at $2.2 billion.
Inman. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries