This Rehabilitation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about rehabilitation and rehab news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Man is reunited with his wife of over 60 years after the pandemic kept them apart for 215 days
Joseph and Eve Loreth, both 80, live at the Rosecastle at Delaney Creek assisted living facility. Joseph had surgery earlier this year and was in rehab
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Why are jail phone calls so expensive?
Advocates say the price of using telephones behind bars could mean cutting off communication with loved ones who serve as support systems and aid with rehabilitation
CBS News. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Prevent staff monitoring Fishmonger's Hall double murderer Usman Khan 'had no training', court hears
Terrorist Usman Khan, 28, killed Cambridge University graduates Saskia Jones, 23, and Jack Merritt, 25, during a prisoner rehabilitation
event near London Bridge on November 29 last year.
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Colorado seniors protest coronavirus restrictions: 'We want to see our families'
Residents at a nursing and rehabilitation
facility in Greeley, Colo., organized a protest last week against the state's coronavirus restrictions.
Fox News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- After a Hospital Stay for Covid, Patients May Face Months of Rehabilitation
Many patients who were critically ill with Covid-19 face arduous recoveries, often requiring extensive physical rehabilitation
New York Times. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Encino Crespi unveils its $10-million aquatics center
A 50-meter Myrtha pool gives Crespi aquatic teams a boost. The Robinson Family Aquatics Center also will be used for athletes' rehabilitation
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Jacob Blake shooting: Man shot by Kenosha police released from hospital to Chicago rehab center, lawyer says
Jacob Blake, who was shot and paralyzed by a Kenosha police officer, is now out of the hospital and at a spinal rehabilitation
center in Chicago, his attorney said.
ABC News. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Jacob Blake released from hospital, moved to rehab
Jacob Blake, who was allegedly shot seven times in the back by a Kenosha, Wisconsin, police officer, has been released from a Milwaukee hospital and will enter rehab
in Illinois, according to reports.
Fox News. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Jacob Blake leaves hospital 6 weeks after police shooting
Blake's attorney said he's been moved to a spinal injury rehabilitation
center in Chicago.
CBS News. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- The rehabilitation of Rajon Rondo
In the biggest moments, everyone expects Playoff Rondo. But that's not the road Rajon Rondo took back to the Finals.
ESPN. Sunday, 4 Oct 2020.
- General Electric Completes Gas Turbine Project in Nigeria
General Electric's (GE) gas turbine rehabilitation
project at NDPHC's 3 power plants will secure and restore the supply of up to 360-MW of electricity. It receives certification for its GE9X engine.
Zacks. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- Aegion's Insituform Wins Water Pipelines Rehabilitation Deal
Aegion (AEGN) is set to utilize its proprietary trenchless technology, Thermopipe, to rehabilitate pressurized water pipelines in Portsmouth, VA.
Zacks. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
- Vegan restaurant in grounds of Perth Prison approved
The building at HMP Perth will be converted as part of an offenders' rehabilitation
BBC News. Thursday, 10 Sep 2020.
- Coronavirus: 'Long Covid' patients need treatment programme, doctors say
A network of "post Covid" clinics are needed for thousands of chronically ill patients, rehab
BBC News. Tuesday, 8 Sep 2020.
- Cypress family helps woman in rehab and her newborn get a second chance at life
Ariel and her baby had no place to go when she got out of rehab, but the Johnston's believed in second chances.
ABC News. Thursday, 3 Sep 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries