This Recycling news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about recycling news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- ALEXANDRA SHULMAN'S NOTEBOOK: Masks are fab - until you have to wear one
ALEXANDRA SHULMAN: Another face covering has just arrived. This from my friend Rachel, who is working with Kenyan women on a recycling
project. And it's gone in the drawer with the others.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Plastic recycling from Europe is being dumped in Asian waters
New research has for the first time quantified the volume of plastic from European countries (EU, UK, Switzerland and Norway) that contributes to ocean littering from exported recycling
Science Daily. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Why is UK recycling being dumped by Turkish roadsides?
The UK sends more plastic waste to Turkey than to any other country but not all of it reaches recycling
BBC News. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier is treated under anaesthetic
Louisa Davis, 45, from Nottingham, said she overheard scuffling in the kitchen before seeing her Staffie Bonnie, ten, emerge from the recycling
bin with the tuna can stuck to her face.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 20 Jun 2020.
- Solar panels, smart tech and rainwater recycling: College and school buildings are going green
Many educational institutions are making efforts to improve the environmental performance of their estates.
CNBC. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus: Long queues as Scotland's recycling centres reopen
Motorists have reported having to wait hours at some sites to dispose of their rubbish.
BBC News. Monday, 1 Jun 2020.
- New NiMH batteries perform better when made from recycled old NiMH batteries
A new method for recycling
old batteries can provide better performing and cheaper rechargeable hydride batteries (NiMH) as shown in a new study.
Science Daily. Monday, 1 Jun 2020.
- Scandinavian joint venture to specialize in recycling electric vehicle batteries
of lithium-ion batteries will become important in the years ahead.
CNBC. Monday, 1 Jun 2020.
- Tanzanian recycling plant starts making face shields from plastic bottles
plant in Tanzania's port city of Dar es Salaam has traded paper for plastic bottles and started making anti-coronavirus face shields that are being snatched up by hospitals and health centres nationwide.
Reuters. Monday, 1 Jun 2020.
- Female leaders discuss recycling and marine plastic at the Women Political Leaders Summit in Japan
According to the World Economic Forum, at the current rate, oceans will contain more plastic by weight than fish by 2050. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 21 May 2020.
- Chile's trashpickers say recycling latest casualty of coronavirus
Trashpickers in Chile are warning that recycling, never popular in the far-flung South American nation, is poised to become the latest casualty of the coronavirus pandemic.
Reuters. Wednesday, 20 May 2020.
- Editorial: Southern California doesn't have decades to figure out water recycling. We need it now
It's time for the Metropolitan Water District's transition from water importer to recycling
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 11 May 2020.
- UK shoppers opting for more sustainable clothing
The UK retail scene is experiencing a shift in attitudes with shoppers increasingly choosing more expensive, long-lasting clothes, over cheaper fashionable items, with recycling
also a more common theme.
Just Style. Wednesday, 4 Mar 2020.
- Minnesota home renovators reap rewards of reuse, recycling
GRANT, Minn. (AP) - Hundreds of thousands of tons of construction and demolition waste - much of it from home tear-downs and remodeling jobs - end up in Minnesota landfills every year. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 29 Feb 2020.
- EU targets textile re-use, recycling in "Green Deal"
Textile reuse and recycling
will be a priority under a new plan from the EU, which aims to halve waste by 2030.
Just Style. Wednesday, 19 Feb 2020.
Recycling Centers News Headlines and News Summaries