This Recycling news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about recycling news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Princess Anne's birthday: outfits prove she's the ultimate royal recycler
Princess Anne, who celebrates her 69th birthday today, is known for her laid back, down-to-earth nature and has long taken a similar approach to her clothes, thinking nothing of recycling
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Oregon man who threw out old shoebox containing his $23,000 life savings manages to recover the cash
The caper began last Thursday, when the unidentified man was clearing out a closet at his home in Ashland and put several shoeboxes into his recycling
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Sanitation worker gives boy toy recycling truck
"Whether it was 30 degrees or 100 degrees," the boy went outside to greet the sanitation truck
CBS News. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Man ordered to collect fridge he threw off Spanish cliff
Another man mocked recycling
as he filmed the fridge rolling down a ravine in southeast Spain.
BBC News. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- McDonald's paper straws 'fully recyclable' makers say
The manufacturer of the straws says the UK's recycling
infrastructure needs more investment.
BBC News. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- What is Nissan USA going to do about older Leaf battery packs? - Roadshow
Many EV manufacturers are working on developing recycling
and refurbishment programs for their earlier electric models, but Nissan doesn't seem to have a plan yet for its 100,000-plus US Leafs.
CNET. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Oregon man reunited with nearly $23G discovered in shoe box at recycling sorting facility in California
An Oregon man's life savings almost ended up entombed in a California landfill.
Fox News. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- Man's Recycling Mistake Nearly Gave New Meaning To 'Going Green'
Workers at a California recycling
facility noticed a shoebox leaking something unusual: cash. They were able to return nearly all of the $23,000 life savings a man accidentally set out on the curb.
NPR. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- Man who tossed $23K in recycling bin reunites with life savings
A man who accidentally tossed $23,000 into the recycling
bin reunited with his life savings Saturday after a worker at a recycling
facility in Northern California spotted a shoebox stuffed with money.
ABC News. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- Turkey to boost textile recycling efforts
Turkey is to bolster its textile waste recycling
activities as part of an extension to the Zero Waste Campaign that first launched in the country in 2017.
Just Style. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Agency pushes to boost Michigan's lagging rate of recycling
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (AP) - A state agency is supporting infrastructure upgrades and a public awareness campaign to boost recycling
in Michigan. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- America is drowning in garbage. Meet the robots being put on duty to help solve the recycling crisis
The U.S. is facing a recycling
crisis that is burying cities and towns in tens of millions of tons of garbage a day. ...
CNBC. Saturday, 27 Jul 2019.
- Republic Services (RSG) Beats on Q2 Earnings, Lags Revenues
Republic Services (RSG) second-quarter 2019 revenues rise year over year on strong pricing across its collection, disposal and recycling
Zacks. Friday, 26 Jul 2019.
- Hong Kong textile waste recycling mill scales up
An innovative new mill in Hong Kong that upcycles textile waste into yarns that can be reused to make garments has now been scaled up and is being trialled by a number of leading brands.
Just Style. Wednesday, 24 Jul 2019.
- Female leaders discuss recycling and marine plastic at the Women Political Leaders Summit in Japan
According to the World Economic Forum, at the current rate, oceans will contain more plastic by weight than fish by 2050. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 23 Jul 2019.
Recycling Centers News Headlines and News Summaries