This Recycling news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about recycling news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Recycling worker wins unfair dismissal case after being sacked for failing a drugs test
worker sacked for failing a drugs test has won an unfair dismissal case after a judge accepted he was taking cannabis for his bad back.
Daily Mail. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Cargo delivery by polymers
Degradable, bio-based polymers offer options for chemical recycling, and they can be a tool to store and release useful molecules. Scientists have developed a class of sugar-based polymers that are degradable through acid hydrolysis. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- How cells 'eat' their own fluid components
Autophagy is a fundamental cellular process by which cells capture and degrade their own dysfunctional or superfluous components for degradation and recycling
Science Daily. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Refuse worker in his 50s dies from Covid after bin lorry crews and recycling centre staff complained
The unnamed long-serving employee, in his late 50s, worked at the North Forr centre in Crieff, Perthshire.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Covid-19 Plastic Waste: U.K. Hospitals Are Recycling Disposable PPE
The Covid-19 pandemic has created a mountain of plastic waste, as healthcare workers don new personal protective equipment every day in the fight against the disease.
Forbes. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- KBR Collaborates With Mura Technology for Plastic Recycling
KBR Teams Up with Mura Technology to offer Cat-HTR technology in order to recycle advanced plastics.
Zacks. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- 7 new tech products every agent should know about
Held virtually, the 2021 Consumer Electronics Show revealed the latest in home and business technology, including a home recycling
solution, wearable joysticks for hands-free control and even a "smart tub" from Kohler.
Inman. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- China Quits Recycling U.S. Trash As Sustainable Start-Up Makes Strides
A Virginia based company making to-go boxes is one example of how U.S. made recycling
solutions don't need China to take our junk.
Forbes. Sunday, 10 Jan 2021.
- How to Keep Your Pandemic Habits
Starting a new habit is hard. To make it easier, try recycling
an old one instead, building on lessons you learned from pandemic living.
New York Times. Sunday, 10 Jan 2021.
- Chicago Christmas tree recycling starts January 9 at 25 locations
The city of Chicago is offering free Christmas tree recycling
at 25 locations from Jan. 9 through Jan. 23, 2021.
ABC News. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Gladstone (GOOD) Sells Flex Office Property in Texas for $8.6M
Gladstone (GOOD) intends to use the proceeds from the recent sale of to invest in industrial assets and aid the company's capital-recycling efforts.
Zacks. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- Amazon, Panasonic, and recycling start-ups prepare for battery wave tsunami
Amazon, Panasonic and recycling
start-ups are preparing for a tsunami of demand for battery recycling
as the electric car market grows.
CNBC. Monday, 14 Dec 2020.
- 'Real detective work': Painting worth £250k found in bin after owner lost it at German airport
A painting worth more than €280k (£250k) which was accidentally left at a German airport has been reunited with its owner after being found at the bottom of a nearby recycling
Sky News. Friday, 11 Dec 2020.
- Avonmouth explosion: Investigation after four killed in blast
Three employees and a contractor were killed in the blast at a water recycling
centre in Avonmouth.
BBC News. Friday, 4 Dec 2020.
- Birmingham wall collapse deaths: Recycling firms to be charged
The announcement is made four years after five African men died at a scrap yard in Birmingham.
BBC News. Tuesday, 1 Dec 2020.
Recycling Centers News Headlines and News Summaries