This Recycling news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about recycling news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- China's ban on scrap imports a boon to US recycling plants
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - The halt on China's imports of wastepaper and plastic that has disrupted U.S. recycling programs has also spurred investment in American plants that process recyclables. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- The biggest recycling mistakes in your recycling bin
The I-Team finds the mistakes in your recycle bins that could be contaminating the process and putting workers at risk.
ABC News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- People recycle more when they know what recyclable waste becomes
A new study shows that consumers recycle more when they think about how their waste can be transformed into new products. Change the conversation from 'Where does this go?' to 'What does this create?' to increase recycling rates.
Science Daily. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Illinois encourages recycling of farm-chemical containers
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - Illinois agriculture officials are encouraging farmers and agrichemical facilities to save empty chemical containers for recycling late this summer. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Carrefour and TerraCycle launch 'Loop' test in Paris to tackle waste
French retailer Carrefour and U.S. waste recycling company TerraCycle launched on Tuesday the test for their 'Loop' initiative which they hope will tackle the problems of plastic waste threatening to destroy the environment.
Reuters. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Britain to get world's first plastic tax for products with less than 30 per cent recycled material
The levy will be a major victory for the Daily Mail's Turn the Tide on Plastic campaign. It will hit plastic manufacturers that fail to include 30 per cent recycled content, and will boost recycling industry.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- VW's battery-recycling mobile EV chargers can charge 4 cars at once - Roadshow
The first charger should go online in Germany next year.
CNET. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- How ex-soldier who turned to crime turned his life around
A former soldier who fell into a life of crime after leaving the army has praised the efforts of a Lancashire recycling plant and charity for effectively saving his life and helping him turn things around.
Sky News. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Bins bought for Dumfries and Galloway recycling scheme unneeded
They have been kept in storage since their purchase seven years ago and are now unlikely to be required.
BBC News. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Pressure on Michael Gove as Scots bring in 20p bottle deposit
The money will be refunded to consumers in Scotland who return the containers to stores - often through reverse vending machines - in a move that will dramatically boost recycling.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Dollywood mannequin recycling tackles throwaway society
About 10,000 dummies and body parts are piled up at the creepy recycling centre.
BBC News. Monday, 6 May 2019.
- Plastic Mountains Plague Southeast Asia As Wealthy Nations Export Waste
Wealthy countries are exporting millions of tons of plastic waste to Southeast Asia where the recycling systems are becoming overwhelmed, leading to widespread pollution problems, according to an investigation by Greenpeace. ...
Voice of America. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- France, Germany plan to create leading battery industry
France and Germany have unveiled details of a plan to create a leading electric battery industry in Europe, from the extraction of raw materials to recycling
ABC News. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- Hyatt's (H) Q1 Earnings to Suffer Despite Unit Expansion
While solid unit growth is likely to aid Hyatt's (H) revenues in the first quarter of 2019, earnings may suffer due to continual asset recycling.
Zacks. Monday, 29 Apr 2019.
- Top green cities in the US for recycling phones, tablets, and other electronics - CNET
See how your city compares to these green e-recycling machines.
CNET. Sunday, 28 Apr 2019.
Related Directory Page(s)
Recycling Centers News Headlines and News Summaries