This Recycling news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about recycling news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Tetra Pak Recycling: The Complicated Economics Of Drink Containers
Tetra Pak has devised a new package aimed at eliminating plastic straw use. But recycling
Tetra Pak cartons themselves pose many of the same challenges as recycling
Forbes. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Mattel launches recycling program to give old toys new life
Barbie and Matchbox are going green.
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Japanese waste disposal company transitions into recycling and restoration
The Ishizaka factory in Japan receives debris from construction sites and restores them to a carefully nurtured landscape through recycling
. Lucy Craft reports.
CBS News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Carmarthenshire: Fire crews tackle blaze at recycling centre site
Eight appliances are currently at the fire, with smoke visible from miles away.
BBC News. Saturday, 24 Apr 2021.
- RECYCLING & REDUCING RECIDIVISM: San Francisco furniture company believes in second chances
San Francisco furniture company, Formr, reduces landfill waste and recidivism.
ABC News. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- Offshore wind firm to work with researchers on recycling glass fibers to tackle blade waste
The aim is to scale-up and commercialize a process developed by team at the University of Strathclyde, in Scotland.
CNBC. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- What You Should Know About Recycling Empty Pizza Boxes
Corrugated cardboard pizza boxes are made from recyclable material ... but that doesn't mean they can always be recycled. In other words: It's complicated.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Bomb disposal unit destroys item found at Seafield recycling centre
Police said the item was found to pose "no risk" to the public, but had been destroyed.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- How Do You Recycle in California? Here Are Tips for Reducing Waste
Thursday: Reducing and recycling
can still go a long way. Plus, a surprising pandemic shortage.
New York Times. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Meet Water Advocate and Hero Shreya Ramachandran
The Grey Water Project educates and provides resources to diverse audiences on water recycling
at home and in the workplace
Smithsonian. Monday, 19 Apr 2021.
- Smart Policy And Innovative Technologies, Like Advanced Recycling, Will Deliver On Climate And Sustainability Goals
of plastics can help the U.S. achieve sustainability goals and a climate-neutral, circular economy. Policies that consider systems-level impacts can ensure plastics stay in our economy and out of the environment.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Apr 2021.
- 'Game-changing' PPE recycling turns masks and gowns into school chairs
Specialist thermal heating machines which convert used PPE into reusable plastic blocks within one hour have been installed inside five NHS hospitals.
Sky News. Monday, 12 Apr 2021.
- Inside Redwood Materials, former Tesla CTO's effort to recycle batteries for rare components
CNBC got an inside look at former Tesla CTO JB Straubel's lithium-ion battery recycling
CNBC. Saturday, 10 Apr 2021.
- Large fire at Brighton Park paper recycling plant contained
The wind-blown fire started in a prairie after 4 p.m. Tuesday and "spread really fast" to the yard of the paper plant, Chicago fire officials said.
ABC News. Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021.
- MR MONEY MAKER: Investors can clean up with Biffa
Biffa's operations cover the entire breadth of the waste management process including collection, reuse, recycling, treatment, disposal and energy generation.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 27 Mar 2021.
Recycling Centers News Headlines and News Summaries