This Recycling news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about recycling news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Real Madrid topples Barcelona in Clasico as Zidane 'out-recycles' Koeman
Saturday's Clasico was a lesson in recycling
. Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane did so excellently while Barca's Ronald Koeman failed in this regard.
ESPN. Sunday, 25 Oct 2020.
- Plastic recycling in South Korea was already in crisis. The pandemic is pushing it to the brink
The surge in plastic waste caused by the COVID-19 pandemic may push over the edge an already fragile ecosystem of recycling
plastic, already strained by falling oil prices and interruptions in the global trade in recyclables.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- A new material for separating CO2 from industrial waste gases, natural gas, or biogas
With a new material, the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide (CO2) can be specifically separated from industrial waste gases, natural gas, or biogas, and thereby made available for recycling
Science Daily. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Paper recycling must be powered by renewables to save climate
The study found that greenhouse gas emissions would increase by 2050 if we recycled more paper, as current methods rely on fossil fuels and electricity from the grid.
Science Daily. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Social media users turn traditional Christmas trees into Halloween centrepieces
the trees, Instagram users ranging from Essex to Ohio and North Carolina, have proudly posted snaps of the creepy makeovers they've given their Christmas decorations.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Ikea to buy back used furniture in recycling push
World's biggest furniture firm to resell second-hand Ikea items in bid to be 'climate positive'.
BBC News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Blue Origin breaks the record for rocket recycling by launching its reusable New Shepard
Jeff Bezos' Blue Origin has made a new recycling
rocket record following the successfully launch and landing of its resuseable New Shepard craft Tuesday at 9:35am ET in Texas.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- City did not communicate well enough over RMG recycling plant concerns, officials say
operations of General 3 have not begun on the Southeast Side, as city officials acknowledged they did not communicate well with the concerned community there.
ABC News. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- Apple sues recycling firm that 'resold old gadgets'
After sending 500,000 gadgets for recycling, Apple says it found more than 100,000 were still in use.
BBC News. Monday, 5 Oct 2020.
- Apple sues recycling firm for re-selling devices it was meant to dismantle
Apple is taking a former business partner to court for allegedly stealing and reselling more than 100,000 devices which it had been hired to dismantle and recycle.
Sky News. Monday, 5 Oct 2020.
- Engineered 'Super Enzyme' Breaks Down Plastic
The new enzyme could allow for infinite recycling
of common PET plastic used in water bottles and clothing
Smithsonian. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD) Issues Q3 View, Upbeat on Construction
Steel Dynamics (STLD) expects earnings in steel operations to be sequentially lower in the third quarter. However, earnings in metals recycling
operations to improve sequentially in Q3.
Zacks. Monday, 21 Sep 2020.
- Amazon names first recipients of its $2 billion Climate Pledge Fund
Redwood Materials, the recycling
start-up founded by ex-Tesla CTO JB Straubel, is among the recipients.
CNBC. Thursday, 17 Sep 2020.
- Trash Tech From RealPage And Compology Reduces Collection Costs, Improves Recycling
A Waste Management Solution uses camera-based technology including artificial intelligence and a management platform to monitor the fullness and content of trash and recycling
containers at multi-family properties.
Forbes. Monday, 14 Sep 2020.
- Plastic Industry Pushed Recycling On America Knowing It Would Fall Short, According To Report
Less than 10% of the plastic produced since 1960 has been recycled, according to the U.S.Environmental Protection Agency.
Forbes. Friday, 11 Sep 2020.
Recycling Centers News Headlines and News Summaries