This Recycling news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about recycling news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- KBR Wins Contract From LG Chem to Allow Use of Hydro-PRT
KBR to provide technology licensing and engineering for its breakthrough plastics recycling
Zacks. Thursday, 20 Jan 2022.
- TotalEnergies (TTE) Inks Recycling Deal With Plastic Energy
TotalEnergies' (TTE) deal with Plastic Energy further promotes the usage of recycled plastic. The existing agreements between these companies are set to ensure yearly reuse of 81,000 tons of plastic waste.
Zacks. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- Gen Z spark clever 'eco-consicous' hack to update their old 'millenial' boots into mini versions
Generation Z are bringing back the classic Ugg, and in true 2022 style the eco-conscious trendsetters are doing it by recycling
their old tall boots and cutting off the top - sparked by an American TiKTok user.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- Where to recycle your Christmas tree for free in Chicago: Lincoln Park and 25 other locations
Free Christmas recycling
started at 26 Chicago locations on Saturday.
ABC News. Saturday, 8 Jan 2022.
- Bagillt fire: Up to 200 tonnes of recycling waste alight
waste, stored in a corrugated iron building, is on fire, with crews tackling the blaze.
BBC News. Friday, 31 Dec 2021.
- Recycling the 'unrecyclable': How are hair salons going green?
Fry Taylor founded the Green Salon Collective which is encouraging sustainable working practices in the hairdressing industry.
BBC News. Thursday, 30 Dec 2021.
- Cork And The Environment: Recycling, Biodiversity And The Contribution To Fight Global Warming
Cork is the traditional and leading wine bottle stopper. Just like glass, it can be recycled. The cork oak forests are also important contributors to biodiversity and to capturing greenhouse gases to fight climate change.
Forbes. Wednesday, 29 Dec 2021.
- Unions warn Omicron spread has left public services in a 'perilous state'
Lewisham council announced its main reuse and recycling
centre will be shut until Wednesday and black bin collections would be prioritised in the event of delays to recycling
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 28 Dec 2021.
- California plans to convert food waste into energy
Banana peels, chicken bones and leftover veggies won't have a place in California trashcans under the nation's largest mandatory residential food waste recycling
program that's set to take effect in January.
Fox News. Thursday, 9 Dec 2021.
- Set up a Christmas tree recycling business
When the festivities are over, the natural trees are discarded and turned into garbage. Recycle them and win with green fashion.
Entrepreneur. Saturday, 4 Dec 2021.
- GE's renewables unit makes zero waste pledge for wind turbine blade production
A number of companies have sought to develop their own solutions to the challenge of blade recycling
CNBC. Tuesday, 23 Nov 2021.
- Recycling Company Provides Safe Sanitation for Kenyan Slum Dwellers
A Kenyan recycling
company is improving sanitation for slum dwellers in Nairobi and turning the waste products into fertilizer for farmers. Brenda Mulinya has more from Nairobi.
Voice of America. Thursday, 18 Nov 2021.
- WATCH: Could robots save recycling?
Meet the young innovator who thinks there's an answer for the nearly 300 million tons of waste America produces every year.
ABC News. Friday, 5 Nov 2021.
- Demand For Metals Charges Up Lithium-Ion Battery Recycling
Capital is flowing to the companies that will harvest metals from old batteries and keep waste out of landfills.
Forbes. Wednesday, 3 Nov 2021.
- Trash Pickup Delays Frustrate Jacksonville and Other Cities
Jacksonville is one of dozens of American cities that have struggled to pick up trash, yard waste and recycling
amid a pandemic labor shortage.
New York Times. Sunday, 24 Oct 2021.
Recycling Centers News Headlines and News Summaries