This Recycling news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about recycling news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Children who grow up feeling closer to nature are happier, says study
Children who are more connected to nature and have more awareness of sustainable practices such as recycling
are likely to be happier, according to a Mexican study.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Two newborn babies are found dead hours apart at a New Jersey recycling center
Police responded to the Colgate Paper Stock facility in New Brunswick, New Jersey Wednesday morning and recovered the first body. Six hours later, a second newborn was found dead.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 20 Feb 2020.
- 'Wood' you like to recycle concrete?
Scientists studied a method for recycling
unused concrete with wood fibers. They found the conditions that produce new building materials with bending strength even greater than the original concrete. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 20 Feb 2020.
- Getting serious about recycling means starting with truly recyclable products
As the world confronts an overwhelming packaging waste crisis, it's worth asking, why we aren't we recycling
CNBC. Wednesday, 19 Feb 2020.
- EU targets textile re-use, recycling in "Green Deal"
Textile reuse and recycling
will be a priority under a new plan from the EU, which aims to halve waste by 2030.
Just Style. Wednesday, 19 Feb 2020.
- Fire at Becker metal recycling plant affecting air quality
BECKER, Minn. (AP) - Officials are monitoring the air quality in Becker after a fire at a metal recycling
plant burned into the evening. Firefighters planned to work through the night Tuesday at the Northern Metals Recycling
Washington Times. Wednesday, 19 Feb 2020.
- Host Hotels (HST) to Report Q4 Earnings: What's in Store?
Host Hotels' (HST) Q4 results likely to reflect gains from its accretive capital-recycling strategy though choppy operating fundamentals of the lodging sector and asset sales' dilutive impact lingers.
Zacks. Tuesday, 18 Feb 2020.
- Mystery of marine recycling squad solved
Nitrogen cycling in shelf waters is crucial to reduce surplus nutrients, which rivers pour out into the ocean. Yet many of its aspects are poorly understood. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 7 Feb 2020.
- Audrey Withers: The editor who led Vogue through the war
Audrey Withers championed recycling
clothes and was instrumental in WW2 austerity designs.
BBC News. Friday, 24 Jan 2020.
- Worn Again pilot R&D facility to push polymer recycling
technology firm Worn Again Technologies has launched its pilot R&D facility as a major step forward in its development process.
Just Style. Wednesday, 22 Jan 2020.
- Recycling household waste in London 'impossible'
Two-thirds of London boroughs are recycling
less than the national average, government figures show.
BBC News. Saturday, 18 Jan 2020.
- Eight Innovators to Watch in 2020
From plastic recycling
pioneers to landmine foes, these dreamers have big plans for the coming year
Smithsonian. Friday, 3 Jan 2020.
- Newark places recycling program at residents' fingertips with new app
The City of Newark is teaming up with the largest national recycling
education network in an effort to entice more residents to recycle.
NPR. Thursday, 2 Jan 2020.
- Sonos' recycling mode criticised for bricking old devices
Sonos offers a "Trade-Up" program that gives customers a 30 per cent discount off new Sonos products when trading in old devices. Great.However, that system
Pocket Lint. Monday, 30 Dec 2019.
- Change coming to weekly hazardous waste collection in New Castle
Weekly collection of household hazardous waste at the Delaware Recycling
Center on Lambsons Lane in New Castle will move from Wednesdays to Saturdays starting January 1.
NPR. Friday, 27 Dec 2019.
Recycling Centers News Headlines and News Summaries