This Recycling news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about recycling news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Here's Why SITE Centers (SITC) is an Apt Portfolio Pick Now
A well-located portfolio, focus on essential retail business and capital-recycling efforts are likely to aid SITE Centers (SITC). Higher e-commerce adoption and interest rate hikes are concerning.
Zacks. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- Do YOU have 31 items of clothes you never wear? Fast fashion fuels climate fears
body Wrap found the average UK adult owns 118 garments - of which a quarter, 31 items, go unworn and unloved for at least a year. Pictured: A clothing store (stock image).
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD) Wraps Up Mexican Recycling Company Buyout
The addition of Roca bolsters Steel Dynamics' (STLD) ferrous and nonferrous raw material procurement strategy.
Zacks. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Action plan: Nigel Colborn's essential jobs for your garden this week
Nigel Colborn says that with money being tight, recycling
summer plants seems a wise idea. The UK gardening expert advises tender perennials supply plenty of cuttings.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 25 Sep 2022.
- Rights Group Slams Turkey, EU Over Plastic Recycling Health Risks
Turkey's plastic recycling
industry is strongly criticized in a Human Rights Watch report released Wednesday. ...
Voice of America. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Fire breaks out at Perth recycling centre
Plumes of smoke could be seen billowing across the city after the fire took hold in the early hours.
BBC News. Sunday, 4 Sep 2022.
- How Hollywood hopes to monster waste
props to melting down materials, the film industry is making efforts to be less wasteful.
BBC News. Thursday, 18 Aug 2022.
- Police raid a metal recycling plant accused of endangering Jordan High students, neighbors
The Los Angeles district attorney served a search warrant on a metal recycling
plant that's been accused of endangering students at Jordan High School in Watts.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 18 Aug 2022.
- Nuclear waste recycling startup wants to solve the 'ball and chain' problem holding back nuclear
Ed McGinnis worked at the Department of Energy for 30 years before becoming CEO of Curio, a startup with a goal to reinvent nuclear waste recycling
in the US.
CNBC. Wednesday, 17 Aug 2022.
- Downstate Madison, Illinois fire prompts disaster proclamation | Video
A fire broke out in a metal recycling
company building in downstate Madison earlier this week, sending plumes of smoke into the air that were visible from St. Louis.
ABC News. Friday, 12 Aug 2022.
- In face of recurring drought, cities seek security in wastewater recycling projects
In the face of dire drought, cities and water agencies are now investing heavily in large-scale wastewater recycling
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 17 Jul 2022.
- Missing South Carolina man fell into plastic shredder, coroner says
Duncan Alexander Burrell Gordon, of Greer, was reported missing in early May from the recycling
CBS News. Friday, 8 Jul 2022.
- Polystyrene-Eating 'Superworms' May Provide Clues for Better Recycling
Scientists find enzymes in the gut microbiome of beetle larvae that can degrade one of the most widely used plastics
Smithsonian. Friday, 24 Jun 2022.
- Iranian Official Calls On Waste Contractors To Stop Using Child Labor
A senior Iranian judiciary official has warned that waste-recycling factories owned by municipal contractors have been employing children in an "organized" manner.
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 22 Jun 2022.
- Owners jailed after yard workers drown in tanker full of pig feed
The co-owners of a food waste recycling
company have been jailed and the firm fined £2million after two employees drowned in a road haulage tanker full of semi-liquid pig feed.
Sky News. Thursday, 16 Jun 2022.
Recycling Centers News Headlines and News Summaries