This Recreation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about recreation and recreational news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Thanks to the Hopper Hotel Experience, You Can Now Spend a Night at the Museum
The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts will host guests in a 3-D recreation
of Edward Hopper's 1957 painting, 'Western Motel'
Smithsonian. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Illinois' Hazy New Law Legalizing Recreational Use Of Marijuana
Illinois has legalized the recreational
use of marijuana. This article highlights the implications of this move on employers.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Fishing leads to investigation of environmental changes in waterways
A fisherman's curiosity led to identification of the correlation between microbial communities in recreational
freshwater locales and seasonal environmental changes, according to researchers.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Scientists recreate Cleopatra's PERFUME using 2,000 year-old-recipe
A decade-long dig near Cairo unearthed the recipe and its recreation
is a thick and sticky concoction made from myrrh, cardamom, olive oil and cinnamon.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Thailand Rolls Out Medical Cannabis, But Don't Expect Another Canada
Patients could start taking Thailand's first legal doses of medical cannabis oil this week, but it may be a long while yet before the government OK's recreational
Voice of America. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- 'The Nanny' Star: Cannabis Helped Me in Cancer Battle
"The Nanny" star Fran Drescher used to smoke marijuana so much recreationally she called herself a real "wake and bake," but nowadays she is using cannabis for its medicinal properties, and swears by the results.
Newsmax. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Some newly developed marijuana strains are much more potent
The legalization of recreational
marijuana in almost a dozen states suggests that America's attitude towards the drug is changing. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
- Recreational marijuana drives down synthetic opioid deaths by a THIRD, study claims
New research from the University of Massachusetts estimates legal recreational
weed drives opioid overdose deaths down by 21% and cuts deaths from synthetics by 33%.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Shale natural gas development impacting recreationists
Researchers took a closer look at shale natural gas energy development (SGD) and how it is affecting the experiences of outdoor recreationists, like hikers and campers. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- The UK will legalise cannabis within five to 10 years say MPs
Back from a fact-finding trip to Canada, MPs predict the UK will legalise recreational
BBC News. Sunday, 28 Jul 2019.
- Watch Senate hearing on cannabis banking reform
Lawmakers, industry representatives and advocates are testifying to the Senate committee about the challenges that cannabis companies face in states where medical or recreational
marijuana is legal.
CNBC. Tuesday, 23 Jul 2019.
- Is There a Solution to Overtourism: Lessons from Borocay Island, The Philippines
In 2018, so-called overtourism has begun to emerge as a serious and dangerous phenomenon. Various cities, cultural heritage sites, recreational
areas and islands have been affected by this phenomenon. ...
Hsyndicate. Tuesday, 23 Jul 2019.
- Dallas Police Investigate Shooting Near Lundy Rec Center
A teenager was killed Friday afternoon in a shooting along the 600 block of North Denley Drive near the Eloise Lundy Recreation
Center, police say. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Friday, 19 Jul 2019.
- Trump's Tariffs Stall All-American RV Industry
Carrie Gray points to a stack of unwelcome mail on a conference table at the offices of Renegade RV, one of the leading U.S. manufacturers of high-end recreational
vehicles. She's buried in bad news from most of her about 350 suppliers.
Newsmax. Thursday, 18 Jul 2019.
- Curaleaf expands to Midwest with Grassroots acquisition as more states legalize recreational pot
Curaleaf Executive Chairman Boris Jordan said the deal fills out Curaleaf's U.S. footprint, adding the next frontier is Europe.
CNBC. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries