This Recreation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about recreation and recreational news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- RV Retailer Keeps Expanding, Bets Big On Continuing Boom In Sales
RV Retailer President and Chief Executive Officer Jon Ferrando is about as bullish as they come in assessing the prospects for U.S. recreational-vehicle sales over the next year or so.
Forbes. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- 4 Leisure Stocks Poised to Beat Earnings Estimates in Q2
The leisure industry continues to benefit from strong demand for recreational
products, golf business and widespread deployment of vaccines.
Zacks. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Virginia looking for first cannabis attorney
marijuana use recently legalized, Virginia's attorney general is seeking applicants interested in serving as the state's first cannabis attorney.
Fox News. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Tadej Pogacar wins 2nd straight Tour title
Tadej Pogacar took the yellow jersey to Paris to win his second straight Tour de France on Sunday after a grueling three-week odyssey that at times he made look like a recreational
Fox News. Sunday, 18 Jul 2021.
- New Study Suggests Cannabis' Wild Ancestors Likely Came from China
The analysis identifies East Asia as a potential source of genetic diversity for the growing market for medical and recreational
Smithsonian. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- AI narration of chef Anthony Bourdain's voice sparks row
of the late celebrity cook's voice is used in a film about his life.
BBC News. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- States legalizing marijuana saw 8% drop in opioid-related ER visits in first six months
marijuana could reduce hospitalizations from COVID-19, at least temporarily, a University of Pittsburgh study finds.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- Inside the Beltway: Coast Guard's grim reminder
It is that time of year. The U.S. Coast Guard has released its 2020 Recreational
Boating Statistics Report, revealing that there were 767 boating fatalities nationwide in 2020, a 25.1% increase from 2019. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 11 Jul 2021.
- 3 Stocks to Watch as Demand for Boating Remains Robust
Watch out for Brunswick (BC), MasterCraft Boat (MCFT) and OneWater Marine (ONEW) as Americans continue to favor boating as an ideal recreational
activity even beyond the pandemic.
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- Russell Wilson and Ciara recreate Princess Diana photo on Italian getaway
Russell Wilson and Ciara saw Aaron Rodgers and Shailene Woodley's Hawaiian excursion and raised them an Italian getaway. The couple's five-year anniversary trip included lots of romance and the recreation
of a Princess Diana photo.
ESPN. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- City of Dallas Announces Educational Recreation Program for Teens
The City of Dallas Park and Recreation
Department is creating the Youth All-Access Pass program to allow teens free access to Dallas museums and other attractions.
NBC. Tuesday, Jun 29 2021.
- Mexico marijuana: Top court decriminalises recreational use of cannabis
Adults will be able to cultivate and consume the drug, but smoking in public remains banned.
BBC News. Monday, 28 Jun 2021.
- After Connecticut legalizes marijuana, only 2 New England states prohibit cannabis
Connecticut became the 19th state to allow for recreational
ABC News. Wednesday, 23 Jun 2021.
- Connecticut is the latest state to legalize recreational marijuana
"For decades, the war on cannabis caused injustices and created disparities while doing little to protect public health and safety," Governor Ned Lamont said.
CBS News. Tuesday, 22 Jun 2021.
- Connecticut Legalizes Recreational Marijuana, with Sales Set for May 2022
Legislation signed Tuesday permits the possession of up to one and a half ounces of cannabis and provides a clean slate for some with past convictions.
New York Times. Tuesday, 22 Jun 2021.
Recreation Centers News Headlines and News Summaries