This Recreation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about recreation and recreational news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Illinois medical marijuana applications spike following recreational legalization
In the three weeks since weed became legal in Illinois, there's been a big jump in people filling out applications for a medical marijuana card.
ABC News. Thursday, 23 Jan 2020.
- On the edge between science and art: Historical biodiversity data from Japanese 'gyotaku'
Japanese cultural art of 'gyotaku,' which means 'fish impression' or 'fish rubbing,' captures accurate images of fish specimens. It has been used by recreational
fishermen and artists since the Edo Period. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 20 Jan 2020.
- A Taste Of Winter In Whistler, British Columbia
Some consider Whistler Blackcomb the ultimate destination for outdoor recreation
Forbes. Monday, 20 Jan 2020.
- Cannabis ETFs Are Soaring in 2020: Will the Trend Continue?
With a greater legislative push to legalize recreational
marijuana, cannabis ETFs are soaring to start the year and are likely to continue doing so.
Zacks. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Illinois Demand For Cannabis Is So High, Recreational Shops Close Due To Shortages
The losses in possible sales due to marijuana product shortages is easily in the millions of dollars, one expert estimated.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- Impaired driving -- even once the high wears off
Researchers have discovered that recreational
marijuana use affects driving ability even when users are not intoxicated. Cannabis users had more accidents, drove at higher speeds, and drove through more red lights than non-users.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 14 Jan 2020.
- Weed in Chicago: What you need to know
A new year means new laws - most notably, recreational
pot is now legal. ...
ABC News. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- Leisure & Recreation Products Industry Prospects Look Bright
Leisure & Recreation
Products Industry Prospects Look Bright
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jan 2020.
- Excitement, Long Lines Mark Marijuana Legalization in Illinois
Illinois, the largest Midwestern state in the U.S., is beginning 2020 with the implementation of a new law that allows people to legally buy marijuana for recreational
Voice of America. Friday, 3 Jan 2020.
- Illinois Sells $3.2 Million Worth Of Marijuana On First Day Of Legalization
The drug is now available for recreational
use without a prescription.
Forbes. Thursday, 2 Jan 2020.
- Illinois Becomes Latest US State to Legalize Recreational Pot
The Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act will allow residents 21 and older to legally purchase marijuana and will expunge thousands of individuals' criminal convictions throughout the state.
Voice of America. Wednesday, 1 Jan 2020.
- Illinois rings in New Year's Day with its first legal recreational marijuana sales
Marijuana consumers are expected to flock to the more than three dozen licensed dispensaries in the state, most located in Chicago or its suburbs.
CNBC. Wednesday, 1 Jan 2020.
- Red State Recreational Marijuana: It's Now A Possibility In Kentucky
A Kentucky lawmaker filed a bill to legalize recreational
marijuana as a way of providing funding for the state's debt-ridden employee pension fund.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 31 Dec 2019.
- Marijuana legalization in Illinois, Michigan could trigger interstate tangling
market selling marijuana is coming to the Midwestern states, and the expensive, challenging industry bringing a patchwork of legal and cultural snares.
Fox News. Monday, 30 Dec 2019.
- Canada's cannabis policy makes it an international rebel on drug treaties
Canada's legalization of recreational
cannabis use was not - and still hasn't been - accepted as legitimate by the UN and the international body that oversees three UN drug treaties that Canada signed.
CBC News. Friday, 20 Dec 2019.
Recreation Centers News Headlines and News Summaries