This Recreation news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about recreation and recreational news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Fox News: Housing Crisis on Google's Doorstep
A housing crisis in the affluent town of Mountain View, California has caused the city to ban recreational vehicles from parking overnight on city streets, as rising rent and homelessness has led hundreds to live in RVs, Fox News reports.
Newsmax. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Law enforcement opposition thwarts moves to legalize pot
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Strong opposition from law enforcement groups has contributed to Kansas lawmakers' hesitation to legalize medicinal or recreational marijuana even as surrounding states have done so. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Legal marijuana reduces chronic pain, but increases injuries and car accidents
The legalization of recreational marijuana is associated with an increase in its abuse, injury due to overdoses, and car accidents, but does not significantly change health care use overall, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- UPDATE 2-Tilray, Aurora Cannabis sales jump after Canada legalizes recreational marijuana
Cannabis producers Tilray Inc and Aurora Cannabis Inc on Tuesday reported a surge in quarterly revenue, boosted by increased demand following the legalization of recreational cannabis in Canada.
Reuters. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Aurora Cannabis third-quarter revenue jumps 20%
Aurora Cannabis Inc reported a 20% jump in quarterly net revenue on Tuesday, as Canada's legalization of recreational cannabis late last year boosted demand.
Reuters. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Colorado marijuana dispensaries set new record for monthly recreational sales: $114.3 million
Colorado has set a new record for monthly marijuana sales more than five years since becoming the first state in the country to legalize retail pot, officials announced Monday. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Can recreational sports really make you a better student?
A new study adds to growing evidence that participating in recreational sports not only can help improve grades while attending college, but it also can help students return for another year.
Science Daily. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Mystery of the Spanish coins found in Utah desert that predate Columbus by 200 years
Spanish treasure that predates the arrival of Columbus by 200 years has been found in Utah. The two coins, minted in Madrid, were found in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Legal marijuana will be for sale in Illinois by January 1, Pritzker predicts
With details of a recreational marijuana bill ironed out in Springfield, Governor JB Pritzker not only expects it see it on his desk by the end of the month, he says Illinoisans could be lighting up by January.
ABC News. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- Microsoft's big HoloLens 2 Apollo demo at Build 2019 suffers failure to launch - CNET
We were supposed to see a recreation of the Apollo mission, but now you can catch it on YouTube.
CNET. Monday, 6 May 2019.
- Technology Informs Emergency Officials of Floods Beforehand
Rivers are a source of irrigation, drinking water, recreation ... and flooding. Scientists say the threat of flooding will increase as the climate changes. ...
Voice of America. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- Gov. Pritzker announces plan to legalize recreational marijuana
Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker said Saturday he's reached an agreement with key lawmakers on a plan to legalize recreational marijuana in the state starting next year.
ABC News. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- Illinois governor announces plan to legalize marijuana
Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker says he's reached an agreement with key lawmakers on a plan to legalize recreational marijuana in the state starting next year.Pritzker joined fellow Democrats Saturday to announce the legislation.
Newsmax. Saturday, 4 May 2019.
- Alex Hales: England batsman was on borrowed time, says Simon Hughes
The culture of modern-day white-ball cricket means it is easier for players to slip into recreational drug use, says Simon Hughes.
BBC News. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- Delaware State Police reminds bicyclists of safety on state roads
As the weather gets warmer, more and more Delawareans are hopping on their bikes for recreation and as modes of transportation to and from work. And Delaware State Police are reminding bicyclists how to say safe and obey laws while riding.
NPR. Saturday, 27 Apr 2019.
Outdoor recreation activity
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries