This Recreation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about recreation and recreational news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- States across the country ring in 2022 with new laws that will go into effect
The nation's capital will join 15 states where recreational
pot is legal.
CBS News. Saturday, 1 Jan 2022.
- Colorado Marijuana Sales Topped $2 Billion Last Year
Legal sales of marijuana in Colorado topped $2.1 billion last year according to state regulators, the highest figure recorded since sales of recreational
cannabis began in 2014.
Forbes. Thursday, 30 Dec 2021.
- Golf Continued To Boom In 2021, From Play To Purchases
After golf enjoyed a pandemic-fueled resurgence in 2020, the question was whether that momentum could be sustained. As 2021 draws to a close, the answer is a resounding yes, with recreational
rounds set to top last year's surges.
Forbes. Tuesday, 28 Dec 2021.
- Dr. Seuss Enterprises Teams Up With Vacation Rental Company To Build Authentic Cave From The Grinch
the cave's recreation
is a hard carved, 5,700 square foot lair located in Boulder, Utah complete with music room, two bedrooms and a kitchen and more
Daily Caller. Friday, 10 Dec 2021.
- Wigan father-of-three creates spectacular Christmas window displays with spray-on snow [Video]
Scott Wilcock, 34, from Wigan, Greater Manchester, uses tins of spray-on snow to make stunning art including recreations of scenes from classic Christmas films like Miracle on 34th Street.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Dec 2021.
- Authorities identify 14-year-old boy killed in Boyle Heights shooting
Jeremy Galvin, a 14-year-old student at Roosevelt High School, was shot dead Tuesday outside Evergreen Recreation
Center. Police said there was an argument before the shooting.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 9 Dec 2021.
- The 10 hottest housing markets to watch in 2022
The top U.S. housing markets for 2022 are mostly affordable tech hubs with outdoor recreational
opportunities that have become attractive alternatives to pricier coastal markets of late.
Inman. Wednesday, 8 Dec 2021.
- Sunoco Gas Company Agrees To Pay $4 Million For Massive 525-Acre Pipeline Spill At State Park
'Lost a significant recreational
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 7 Dec 2021.
- Mandatory COVID jabs considered in Germany from February as tougher restrictions brought in for unvaccinated
Unvaccinated people in Germany are to be excluded from non-essential stores, cultural and recreational
venues, Chancellor Angela Merkel has said.
Sky News. Thursday, 2 Dec 2021.
- ViacomCBS reaches deal to sell Studio City lot for $1.85 billion
Hackman Capital Partners announced it's buying CBS' Radford studio lot, home to 'Seinfeld,' 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show' and 'Parks and Recreation
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 30 Nov 2021.
- South Dakota Supreme Court rules against pot legalization
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) – The South Dakota Supreme Court on Wednesday upheld a lower court's ruling that nullified a voter-passed amendment to the state constitution that would have legalized recreational
marijuana use. Gov. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021.
- Two boys aged 17 deny stabbing 16-year-old to death as he sat in a skate park with friends
Stelios Averkiou was attacked as he sat on a park bench with friends in Lordship Recreation
Ground in Tottenham, north London, at about 2.15pm on August 1.
Daily Mail. Monday, 22 Nov 2021.
- Ex-England batter Ballance denies failing recreational drugs test at Yorkshire
Former England batter Gary Ballance denies an allegation he failed a recreational
drugs test at Yorkshire.
BBC News. Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021.
- 20 People Rescued From Flooded R.V. Park in Oregon
Some campers were airlifted from a recreational
vehicle park after floodwaters covered the only bridge in and out of the area.
New York Times. Saturday, 13 Nov 2021.
- 3 Leisure & Recreation Services Stocks Braving Industry Odds
Stocks like CWH, RICK and MCS are likely to gain in their respective fields backed by consistent strategic partnerships, digital initiatives and the reopening of the economy.
Zacks. Monday, 8 Nov 2021.
Recreation Centers News Headlines and News Summaries