This Recreation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about recreation and recreational news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Thailand Is Easing Weed Laws and Giving Away Cannabis Plants
The Southeast Asian country will soon allow residents to grow cannabis for medicinal use. Smoking pot recreationally still carries harsh penalties.
New York Times. Thursday, 12 May 2022.
- Second body discovered in drought-hit Lake Mead reservoir week after corpse was found in barrel
Lindsey and Lynette Melvin reportedly found the remains at Callville Bay at Lake Mead National Recreation
Area, a week after a body was found in a barrel exposed by low water levels.
Daily Mail. Monday, 9 May 2022.
- Confessions Of A Low-Code Convert
I am a coder. I write code. I program in C++ recreationally. And at work, I love low-code platforms.
Forbes. Friday, 6 May 2022.
- 'Intensive cleanup' underway after truck crash spills 2,000 gallons of asphalt binder in forest
Forest officials said they are still concerned after nearly 2,000 gallons of asphalt binder spilled near the Smith River National Recreation
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 2 May 2022.
- Possible tornado caught on surveillance cameras in Oak Brook
Surveillance video showing what appears to be a tornado sweeping through the area at the Oak Brook Park District Family Recreation
ABC News. Monday, 2 May 2022.
- Moment Raoul Moat blasted himself in the head with sawn-off shotgun is recreated for ITV drama
Actor Matt Stokoe was seen on his knees, holding a sawn off shotgun to his head, while armed officers surrounded him, repeatedly asking him to drop his weapon, in the recreation
Daily Mail. Thursday, 28 Apr 2022.
- Democrats start 'Free Weed' site for marijuana legalization
The Alabama Democratic Party has launched a "Free Weed" website to support its effort to legalize the recreational
use of marijuana in the state.
Washington Times. Saturday, 23 Apr 2022.
- These Parties Start With a Blank Canvas (and a Little Cannabis)
New York State is mapping out plans to license venues for on-site recreational
marijuana use, but some places have already figured out how to get the ball rolling.
New York Times. Saturday, 23 Apr 2022.
- After IL marijuana legalization, Cook County state's attorney has expunged nearly 15K convictions
marijuana became legal across Illinois in 2020, the office has expunged nearly 15,000 weed convictions.
ABC News. Friday, 22 Apr 2022.
- New Jersey launches recreational marijuana program
Kai Wallace of Jersey City has been using marijuana for over four decades. She's tired of looking over her shoulder.
Washington Times. Thursday, 21 Apr 2022.
- Lego unveils Luke Skywalker's Landspeeder in more detail than ever
Lego has a good thing going with its long-running Star Wars collaboration, and the train keeps a-rolling, with its latest set unveiled as a faithful recreation
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 21 Apr 2022.
- New Jersey's recreational marijuana market opens for business
More than a dozen facilities will sell pot as New Jersey joins other states with legal recreational
CBS News. Thursday, 21 Apr 2022.
- Large majority favor legal recreational marijuana under federal law
Most Americans are not opposed to having legal marijuana businesses in their area.
CBS News. Wednesday, 20 Apr 2022.
- Cinematographer dead in sand dune accident involving Chapman, USC film students
The group was taking pictures on a large sand dune in the Imperial Sand Dunes Recreation
Area, authorities said.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 18 Apr 2022.
- New Jersey To Start Selling Recreational Cannabis Legally On April 21
Next week, cannabis users in New Jersey will be doubling down on their usual 4/20 celebrations: On April 21, adults over 21 will be able to buy recreational
marijuana legally without a medical card.
Forbes. Friday, 15 Apr 2022.
Recreation Centers News Headlines and News Summaries