This Recreation news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about recreation and recreational news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Legalized Marijuana in New York: This Could Be the Year
With the state facing a budget crisis, a Democratic supermajority in Albany may pave the way for new taxes and the legalization of recreational
New York Times. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Cuomo calls for legalizing recreational marijuana in NY
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is calling for the legalization and regulation of marijuana for recreational
use by adults, his third attempt in as many years to get the drug fully legalized in the state. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Wisconsin police monitoring recreational Illinois marijuana but see no major impact yet
Wisconsin police are monitoring recreational
marijuana across its southern border but have not yet seen a major impact from its legalization.
ABC News. Saturday, 2 Jan 2021.
- Drone flying in the UK and US: All the rules and regulations explained
If you want to buy a drone for recreational
use, make sure you know all the rules and regulations first.Imagine spending all the money you've saved up
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 31 Dec 2020.
- Drone users face new rules across Europe and UK
The regulations relax the distinctions between commercial and recreational
BBC News. Thursday, 31 Dec 2020.
- Pandemic, politics and protests make Idaho's top 2020 news
BOISE, Idaho (AP) - The novel coronavirus pandemic affected nearly every aspect of Idaho residents' lives in 2020, impacting our financial security, our education, our workplaces, our elections and our recreation
Washington Times. Monday, 28 Dec 2020.
- Climate change sparks new round of water wars, threatens ranchers, wildlife and recreation
A century-long feud between Los Angeles and rural communities where the city gets much of its water is heating up again. ...
CBS News. Monday, 28 Dec 2020.
- Nashville explosion investigation prompts FBI to search home of possible person of interest
NASHVILLE EXPLOSION: A motive remained elusive as investigators worked round-the-clock to resolve unanswered questions about a recreational
vehicle that blew up on a mostly deserted street on a sleepy holiday morning.
ABC News. Sunday, 27 Dec 2020.
- Person of interest in Nashville bombing identified by authorities
At least one person of interest has been identified in connection to the explosion of a recreational
vehicle in downtown Nashville, Tennessee on Christmas morning. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 26 Dec 2020.
- Boston Closes Entertainment And Recreational Venues As Cases Surge
Boston hospitals hit 90% capacity for adult non-surge intensive care unit beds on December 12, according to city data.
Forbes. Monday, 14 Dec 2020.
- House Passes Bill To Legalize Marijuana For Federal Purposes
While still prohibited by federal law (possession can lead to fines and jail time), today, forty-four states and the District of Columbia currently have laws legalizing marijuana for either medical or recreational
Forbes. Friday, 4 Dec 2020.
- House passes bill to decriminalize marijuana, set up steps to wipe out convictions
The bill, which comes as more states legalize recreational
marijuana, aims to curb the damage done to Black Americans by cannabis convictions.
CNBC. Friday, 4 Dec 2020.
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier seriously injuries nine-year-old boy seriously by mauling him
The schoolboy was out with his family walking their dog at Langdon Hills Recreation
Ground, Basildon, Essex, on Friday when another dog approached them shortly before 7.30pm.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 28 Nov 2020.
- Mexico cannabis bill: Senate vote paves way for legalisation
A bill that would legalise the recreational
use of cannabis has been approved by Mexico's Senate.
BBC News. Friday, 20 Nov 2020.
- Last minute: The Senate generally approves the recreational use of marijuana in Mexico
If this ruling passes in the Chamber of Deputies, as of December 15, Mexicans will be able to load up to 28 grams of the plant.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 20 Nov 2020.
Recreation Centers News Headlines and News Summaries