This Railroad news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about railroads from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Trans-Siberian Railroad Blocked After Bridge Collapse
Floods caused by heavy rains in Siberia have led to the collapse of a bridge, severing the Trans-Siberian Railway, the world's longest rail line that spans Russia, from Moscow to the Pacific port city of Vladivostok.
Radio Liberty. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Attom Data Solutions adds transportation noise data to offerings
The new data set will include noise scores for roads, highways, airports, railroads
crossings, and fire stations. The product will also summarize a location's overall noise environment.
Inman. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Rail Consolidation Is A False Bogeyman
President Biden's move to slow down rail mergers, blaming them for higher shipping prices and supply chain slowdowns, fundamentally misdiagnoses the role railroads
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Touting new trains, Amtrak CEO William Flynn foresees riders heading back
DETROIT (AP) — Amtrak is betting big on a return of ridership. The nation’s passenger railroad
wants to replace its nearly half-century-old fleet with state-of-the-art trains that can operate on electricity or diesel fuel. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021.
- U.S. Railroads Lose Value in Thursday's Trading: Here's Why
Shares of Kansas City Southern (KSU), which is likely to be purchased by Canadian National (CNI) in 2022, decline the most in the railroad
space on Jul 8.
Zacks. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- JEFF PRESTRIDGE: Victory at last in fight for cash
A few days ago, the Treasury issued a consultation paper on how it will ensure people can continue to use cash - rather than be railroaded into using contactless payment.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 4 Jul 2021.
- 2 fatal train crashes prompt new call for driver caution at railroad crossings
Six people were killed over the weekend in two separate tragedies involving trains. Now, there is a new call for drivers to be more cautious at crossings.
ABC News. Tuesday, 29 Jun 2021.
- How the Santa Fe Railroad Changed America Forever
The golden spike made the newspapers. But another railroad
made an even bigger difference to the nation
Smithsonian. Thursday, 24 Jun 2021.
- 7 Facts About the Underground Railroad
During the 1800s, roughly 100,000 enslaved people sought freedom on the Underground Railroad, which stretched from the American South to Canada.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 24 Jun 2021.
- AAR's Bullish Traffic Data Supports U.S. Railroads' Recovery
Tailwinds like buoyant freight revenues and cost curtailment bode well for the railroads
like Union Pacific (UNP), CSX and Norfolk Southern (NSC).
Zacks. Thursday, 17 Jun 2021.
- Eleven Endangered Historic Places That Tell Complex American Stories
The National Trust for Historic Preservation's 2021 list includes Mississippi hotel, Navajo trading post and California railroad
Smithsonian. Friday, 4 Jun 2021.
- Bomb Kills Six Afghan Guards Near Iran-Afghanistan Railroad Project
Six members of the Afghan security forces have been killed by a roadside bomb near the site of a railway that is being built to link eastern Iran with Afghanistan's western province of Herat.
Radio Liberty. Sunday, 30 May 2021.
- British voters oppose cheap Australian beef trade deal
The warning comes amid claims that International Trade Secretary Liz Truss is trying to railroad
the controversial agreement through before a promised watchdog is up and running.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 30 May 2021.
- Ohio woman charged after allegedly driving around railroad gate with kids in car, getting hit by train
An Ohio woman was charged with child endangerment Thursday, months after she allegedly drove around a railroad
gate and was struck by a train with her two children in the car, resulting in serious injuries.
Fox News. Friday, 21 May 2021.
- Amtrak Names Siemens Mobility Preferred Bidder For New Train Equipment
California-based Siemens Mobility will be the new builder of trainsets for Amtrak, according to the railroad.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
Railroads News Headlines and News Summaries