This Railroad news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about railroads from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Las Vegas then and now: Book captures Sin City's evolution by matching old photos with new
At the beginning of the 20th century, Vegas was a railroad
outpost. Today it's the glitzy entertainment capital of the world. This transformation has been captured in book Las Vegas Then and Now.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Berkshire (BRK.B) Q1 Earnings Beat, Revenues Rise Y/Y
Berkshire (BRK.B) Q1 results reflect higher earnings at Insurance, Railroad, Utilities and Energy, as well as Other businesses.
Zacks. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Site of Harriet Tubman's Lost Maryland Home Found After Decades-Long Search
The Underground Railroad
conductor's father, Ben Ross, received the land where the cabin once stood in the early 1840s
Smithsonian. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Amtrak Names Siemens Mobility Preferred Bidder For New Train Equipment
California-based Siemens Mobility will be the new builder of trainsets for Amtrak, according to the railroad.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Oprah on most emotional, striking part of "Underground Railroad"
Earlier this month on "CBS This Morning," Oprah Winfrey revealed her 75th book club selection, "The Underground Railroad" by Colson Whitehead. See what Oprah had to say about her experience reading the book.
CBS News. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Home of Harriet Tubman FOUND in Maryland where the Underground Railroad conductor lived in the 1800s
The location of the log cabin where Harriet Tubman spent her younger years is found in Church Creek, Maryland. Tubman is known for operating the Underground Railroad
in the 1800s.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- Archaeologists Solve a Decades-Old Harriet Tubman Mystery
State and federal officials announced on Tuesday that they had located the site of the Maryland cabin where the Underground Railroad
conductor lived as a young adult.
New York Times. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- Canadian National Railway Outbids Rival for Kansas City Southern
A merger with either suitor would create a railroad
line that stretches from Canada to Mexico.
New York Times. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- World's longest, deepest railroad tunnel opens
It took nearly 20 years and $10 billion, but Switzerland this week celebrated the opening of the Gotthard Base Tunnel, now the world's longest and deepest railroad
CBS News. Sunday, 18 Apr 2021.
- Man guilty of firing gun that drew officers to their deaths
CHICAGO (AP) - A man who fired a gun in 2018 that prompted two investigating Chicago police officers to venture onto railroad
tracks where they were fatally struck by a train pleaded guilty Wednesday to unlawful use of a weapon. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 7 Apr 2021.
- Meet Naturalist Graceanna Lewis Who Played a Key Role in the Underground Railroad
One of the first three woman to be accepted into the Academy of Natural Sciences, Lewis left behind a legacy of science and soclal progress
Smithsonian. Friday, 26 Mar 2021.
- Canadian Railroad to Buy Kansas City Southern for $25 Billion in Bet on North American Trade
The cash-and-shares deal would create the first U.S.-Mexico-Canada railroad, offering a single integrated rail system connecting ports on the US Gulf, Atlantic and Pacific coasts with overseas markets.
Voice of America. Sunday, 21 Mar 2021.
- 4 Stocks to Watch as Railroad Industry Continues to Rebound
The U.S. railroad
industry seems ready to continue its turnaround after being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, making it wise to look at names like Norfolk Southern (NSC) and Union Pacific (UNP)
Zacks. Tuesday, 16 Mar 2021.
- After A 2x Rally Norfolk Southern Stock Now Appears Vulnerable To Downside Risk
After a rise of over 2x from its March 2020 lows, at the current price of $253 per share, Norfolk Southern stock, one of the largest railroad
companies in the Eastern United States, appears to be fully valued. ...
Forbes. Monday, 22 Feb 2021.
- Freight cars derail near Normal, Illinois, train station
NORMAL, Ill. (AP) - About 16 Union Pacific freight cars have gone off railroad
tracks at a train station in Illinois. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 13 Feb 2021.
Railroads News Headlines and News Summaries