This Railroad news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about railroads from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Log Cabin Excavation Unearths Evidence of Forgotten Black Community
Artifacts recall a thriving Maryland neighborhood that was once a stop on the Underground Railroad
Smithsonian. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- FBI: Rewards still offered for info on '95 deadly derailment
PHOENIX (AP) - The FBI is reminding the public that a hefty reward remains on the table a quarter-century after someone sabotaged railroad
tracks in the Arizona desert, resulting in the deadly derailment of an Amtrak passenger train. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- An inside look at America's fastest train
Amtrak's new, faster Acela trains are expected to start carrying passengers in late 2021. The rollout continues despite the railroad
beginning the process of furloughing about 2,000 employees. ...
CBS News. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- House Democrats say Big Tech must be reined in
Lawmakers urge restrictions on Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google, comparing them to oil barons and railroad
CBS News. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Heart-stopping moment reckless daredevil skateboarders speed up ramp towards oncoming Amtrak trains
Two skateboarders in California decided to tempt fate by edging dangerously close to a railroad
track as an Amtrak Pacific Surfliner train sped by, no doubt alarming the driver.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- 3 Railroad Workers Reportedly Suspended For Making Man-Cave Under Grand Central Terminal
'Many a New Yorker has fantasized about kicking back with a cold beer in a prime piece of Manhattan real estate'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 24 Sep 2020.
- $7M grant set for rail-to-port project in Tennessee
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - A $7 million federal grant will help fund a project to connect a northwest Tennessee port to a railroad
line, as officials seek to boost the rural economy of the region. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 21 Sep 2020.
- Here's Why Canadian Pacific Deserves a Place in Your Portfolio
The precision scheduled railroading model should continue bolstering Canadian Pacific's (CP) bottom line by controlling costs.
Zacks. Tuesday, 25 Aug 2020.
- California police officer pulls man in wheelchair from oncoming train with seconds to spare, video shows
A California police officer rescued a man on a wheelchair who was stuck on railroad
Fox News. Thursday, 13 Aug 2020.
- Amtrak coronavirus update: Railroad passengers can view how full train will be when booking
Amtrak passengers can now see how full their train will be upon booking amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
ABC News. Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020.
- Soft Volumes Ruin Railroads' Q2 Earnings Show: What Next?
The adoption of the precision scheduled railroading model by key railroads
is helping them curb costs and ramp-up efficiencies, thereby countering the scenario of dull revenue recognition.
Zacks. Tuesday, 11 Aug 2020.
- Railroad Repairs in Arlington Will Cause Road Closures July 22-28
Repairs on a stretch of railroad
in Arlington will cause day-long road closures at crossings throughout Arlington.
NBC. Wednesday, Jul 22 2020.
- Commuting, and Confronting History, on a Remote Canadian Railway
The Tshiuetin line, the first railroad
in North America owned and operated by First Nations people, is a symbol of reclamation and defiance for the communities it serves.
New York Times. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Helping LGBTQI+ Refugees Escape Persecution: How the Rainbow Railroad Saves Lives
is helping LGBTQI+ refugees escape persecution.
ABC News. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Storm Unearths Wreck of Century-Old Boat in Utah's Great Salt Lake
The vessel may belong to a fleet used to construct and maintain a railroad
causeway that crosses the briny body of water
Smithsonian. Friday, 29 May 2020.
Railroads News Headlines and News Summaries