This Railroad news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about railroads from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Boston home atop Underground Railroad hits the market for $10.7M
The 1827-built property is an impeccably preserved Federal-style home in Boston's Beacon Hill, and it contains a bunker that was once a stop on the Underground Railroad.
Inman. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- December U.S. Rail Traffic Up 4.4%: More Gains Ahead in 2021?
The anticipated spurt in freight volumes for 2021 augurs well for the railroads
like Union Pacific (UNP) Norfolk Southern (NSC) and CSX Corporation (CSX).
Zacks. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- These 4 Railroad Stocks Are on Track to Rebound in 2021
With the economy gradually recovering and freight volumes improving, CSX, Kansas City Southern (KSU), Canadian Pacific (CP) and Canadian National (CNI) look poised for a rebound in 2021.
Zacks. Monday, 28 Dec 2020.
- At least 16 passengers confirmed dead in Brazil after bus crashed with a truck, tumbled off a bridge
Brazilian authorities confirmed 14 people have been killed after a bus crashed with a truck on a highway Friday afternoon and fell off a bridge, landing 45 feet below on a railroad
Daily Mail. Friday, 4 Dec 2020.
- Two women anarchists face 20 years in jail 'for placing shunts on train tracks' to derail train
Samantha Frances Brooks, 27, and Ellen Brennan Reiche, 23, from Bellingham, Washington, US, were charged in Seattle after they interfered with the operation of a railroad.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 2 Dec 2020.
- Cars drive around stuck railroad gates at crossings in Riverside, Berwyn along Metra BNSF Line
gates stuck in the down position in west suburban Riverside and Berwyn have led to traffic backups Thursday morning.
ABC News. Thursday, 19 Nov 2020.
- New findings for viral research on bicycle crashes at railroad crossings
A new path design for bicycles at a railway crossings cuts bike crashes. ...
Science Daily. Saturday, 7 Nov 2020.
- Log Cabin Excavation Unearths Evidence of Forgotten Black Community
Artifacts recall a thriving Maryland neighborhood that was once a stop on the Underground Railroad
Smithsonian. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- FBI: Rewards still offered for info on '95 deadly derailment
PHOENIX (AP) - The FBI is reminding the public that a hefty reward remains on the table a quarter-century after someone sabotaged railroad
tracks in the Arizona desert, resulting in the deadly derailment of an Amtrak passenger train. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- An inside look at America's fastest train
Amtrak's new, faster Acela trains are expected to start carrying passengers in late 2021. The rollout continues despite the railroad
beginning the process of furloughing about 2,000 employees. ...
CBS News. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- House Democrats say Big Tech must be reined in
Lawmakers urge restrictions on Amazon, Apple, Facebook and Google, comparing them to oil barons and railroad
CBS News. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- 3 Railroad Workers Reportedly Suspended For Making Man-Cave Under Grand Central Terminal
'Many a New Yorker has fantasized about kicking back with a cold beer in a prime piece of Manhattan real estate'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 24 Sep 2020.
- $7M grant set for rail-to-port project in Tennessee
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - A $7 million federal grant will help fund a project to connect a northwest Tennessee port to a railroad
line, as officials seek to boost the rural economy of the region. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 21 Sep 2020.
- California police officer pulls man in wheelchair from oncoming train with seconds to spare, video shows
A California police officer rescued a man on a wheelchair who was stuck on railroad
Fox News. Thursday, 13 Aug 2020.
- Amtrak coronavirus update: Railroad passengers can view how full train will be when booking
Amtrak passengers can now see how full their train will be upon booking amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
ABC News. Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020.
Railroads News Headlines and News Summaries