This Railroad news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about railroads from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Confederate Railroad Booked 2 Months Before Gov Canceled
A southern rock band whose logo features Confederate flags was booked for the DuQuoin State Fair for two months before Gov. J.B. ...
Newsmax. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Dog found tied to railroad tracks rescued
An animal cruelty investigation has been launched after a pit bull mix was found tied to the railroad
tracks near Darby Station.
ABC News. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- Arizona man sentenced to month in jail for fatal train crash
VENTURA, Calif. (AP) - An Arizona man has been sentenced to 30 days in jail and three years probation for causing a fatal California train derailment by driving his truck onto the railroad
Washington Times. Saturday, 27 Jul 2019.
- Flight delays and railway fires: Scorching heatwave tests Europe's infrastructure
Climate scientists warn that Europe's infrastructure, like housing and railroads, must change to withstand challenges of extreme weather.
CNBC. Friday, 26 Jul 2019.
- World's largest steam locomotive rolling through Chicago, marks 150 years since First Transcontinental Railroad
"It's almost the size of a Boeing airplane, and it is strong enough to pull 16 Statues of Liberty uphill." The world's largest steam locomotive is coming through the Chicago area tomorrow. ...
ABC News. Friday, 26 Jul 2019.
- Extended interview: Colson Whitehead on writing "The Nickel Boys"
The Pulitzer Prize-winner also discusses "The Underground Railroad," the emotional drain of research, and searching for different ways to attack the world through literature
CBS News. Monday, 22 Jul 2019.
- Colson Whitehead on "The Nickel Boys" and exhuming tales of the dead
In his latest novel, the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of "The Underground Railroad" recounts stories from a notorious boys' reform school where many went missing, or never left alive
CBS News. Monday, 22 Jul 2019.
- CEO of railroad giant CSX says the economy is the 'most puzzling' he's seen as stock plummets
CSX said it expects revenue to fall as much as 2% in 2019, well below a previous forecast of an increase of 1% to 2%.
CNBC. Wednesday, 17 Jul 2019.
- Railroad Intersection Cameras Aim to Save Lives and Fuel
Emergency personnel and residents in Prosper have a new tool to help plan their routes and avoid delays. The city of Prosper announced Tuesday the installation of cameras at three railroad
NBC. Tuesday, 16 Jul 2019.
- Rock band Confederate Railroad fires back at Illinois state fair after being removed from performance lineup
A Southern rock band called Confederate Railroad
is firing back after it was barred from performing at an upcoming Illinois state fair over its name and use of the Confederate flag.
Fox News. Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019.
- SEPTA worker dies after falling on tracks and hit by train
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - A commuter railroad
worker in Philadelphia has died after he fell on the tracks and was struck by a train. Police say it happened Monday night at SEPTA's Erie Station on the Broad Street Line. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 9 Jul 2019.
- Geoff Shepard, Buttoned Down Watergate Demolition
Geoff Shepard has the goods on the prosecutorial and judicial misconduct that railroaded Richard Nixon out of office.
American Thinker. Wednesday, 26 Jun 2019.
- Train derails in Nevada, spilling vegetable oil, closing major highway
The vegetable oil spilled out of one of the 22 derailed cars after the train went off the tracks shortly before 11 a.m. local time, the Elko County Sheriff's Office said on Facebook, citing Union Pacific Railroad
Yahoo. Wednesday, 19 Jun 2019.
- Will the Bull Run Continue for Freight Railroad Industry?
Currently, nearly 35% of the U.S. exports are shifted to the ports by freight railways.
Zacks. Monday, 27 May 2019.
- US Transcontinental Railroad Celebrates 150th Anniversary
It's been 150 years since the U.S. transcontinental railroad
connected America's East and West. ...
Voice of America. Sunday, 26 May 2019.
Railroads News Headlines and News Summaries