This Radio Station news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about radio stations from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Radio Stations Around the World Are Attempting to Cheer Up Listeners With Christmas Music
In an attempt to provide listeners with some holiday comfort, several radio stations
are playing their classic Christmas programming early this year.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Black America Speaks: What black radio makes of this moment
"Hunted" because of my race: The BBC tunes in to black-owned radio stations
amid national upheaval.
BBC News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- 'Speak and be heard': Why black media matters
Sara Lomax-Reese owns WURD, one of a handful of black-owned and operated radio stations
in the US.
BBC News. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- FCC orders radio station in Mexico to halt broadcast of Chinese programs to U.S.
The FCC said the broadcast studio is used by Phoenix Radio, a company wholly owned by Phoenix TV, but not listed as an applicant. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- Nigel Farage 'was dropped by LBC amid staff backlash'
Mr Farage was back on air this morning on a rival radio station
and stuck by criticism of anti-racism activists, which he branded a 'Marxist anarchist mob'.
Daily Mail. Friday, 12 Jun 2020.
- For Decades, This Radio Station Named the Dead. Few Still Listen.
Afghans once tuned into Radio Afghanistan twice a day to hear the reading of death notices. But in an age of social media, the voice of the nation has lost much of its sway.
New York Times. Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020.
- BBC joins in with Blackout Tuesday campaign over George Floyd's death
Members of the public in Britain have united with BBC radio stations, record labels, music industry groups and artists to hold an online 'Black Out Tuesday' as the US is gripped by unrest.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 2 Jun 2020.
- Spandau Ballet star helps Singapore quizzer win fight for radio prize
A Singaporean quiz participant has prevailed in a battle with a radio station
that denied him a cash prize over his pronunciation of Spandau Ballet singer Tony Hadley's name, after winning the unlikely support of the celebrity himself.
Reuters. Friday, 22 May 2020.
- Matt Damon Dishes About His Irish Coronavirus Lockdown in Interview
In an interview with a Dublin radio station, the actor praised the people of Dalkey, the coastal town whose residents have adopted him as one of their own during the coronavirus epidemic.
New York Times. Wednesday, 13 May 2020.
- Can't Find the Shows and Movies You Want? It's Time to Cut the Cord and Try SelectTV.
Get access to hundreds of thousands of movies, TV shows, radio stations
and more for less than $2 per month.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 8 May 2020.
- Iceland could mull taking stake in Icelandair if state injects funds: PM
Iceland may consider taking a stake in Icelandair Group if the government injects funds into the airline, Bloomberg reported, citing comments by Prime Minister Katrin Jakobsdottir to a local radio station.
Reuters. Sunday, 3 May 2020.
- Despite The Coronavirus, The Show Must Go On For Local Sports Radio Stations
With no live sports and advertisers cutting back on spending, local sports radio stations
have to get creative to survive.
Forbes. Thursday, 9 Apr 2020.
- Classic rock station The Drive hosts downtown Chicago singalong
Chicago classic rock radio station
The Drive invited Chicagoans to come to their windows for a singalong during the state's stay-at-home order to show we're all in this together.
ABC News. Saturday, 28 Mar 2020.
- Buddy Guy online radio station launches with help of man fulfilling DJ dream
An online radio station, BuddyGuyradio.com, dedicated to legendary Chicago blues musician Buddy Guy is now broadcasting thanks to one man who didn't give up on his dream.
ABC News. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- Echo owners take note, BBC radio leaves TuneIn on Monday
The BBC is finishing its process of removing all live radio stations
from TuneIn next Monday, 30 September, which will be of particular concern to Amazon
Pocket Lint. Friday, 27 Sep 2019.
Radio Stations News Headlines and News Summaries