This Radio Station news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about radio stations from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Mental health: The radio station helping its listeners
The mental health DJ who says he has helped his listeners out of "very dark places".
BBC News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Three Florida radio stations will broadcast snippets from Trump speeches EVERY HOUR until election
The owner of three Florida radio stations says they will broadcast clips from President Trump's speeches every hour through election day.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Prince William joins Stephen Fry to record minute-long radio message about mental health
It will be broadcast simultaneously across hundreds of UK radio stations today at 11am. The precise details of their message was still under wraps last night.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Australia takes responsibility for typos on 46M bank notes
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) - Australia's central bank has taken responsibility for typos on 46 million bank notes after a radio station posted an image of the microscopic error on social media. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- DC-area radio station told to register as Russian agent
WASHINGTON (AP) - The owner of a Washington, D.C., area radio station that broadcasts Sputnik International 24/7 has been ordered to register his Florida-based broadcasting company as a Russian foreign agent. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- UK to get first national country radio station
Saturdays singer Una Healey is among the presenters of Country Hits Radio, which launches next month.
BBC News. Tuesday, 12 Mar 2019.
- Radio stations are banning Michael Jackson songs after HBO documentary alleges child abuse
Radio stations in Canada, New Zealand and Australia are removing Michael Jackson songs from their playlists after two men alleged in a new documentary that the late singer abused them.
CNBC. Thursday, 7 Mar 2019.
- Backlash begins over 'Leaving Neverland' Jackson abuse documentary
Some radio stations in Canada and the Netherlands stopped playing Michael Jackson's music and fans bombarded Oprah Winfrey with hateful messages after the broadcast of a documentary about alleged child abuse by the late singer.
Reuters. Tuesday, 5 Mar 2019.
- 3 Quebec Radio Stations Stop Playing Michael Jackson Songs
Three major Montreal radio stations have stopped playing Michael Jackson songs as a result of child-molestation allegations against the late musician that aired Sunday in an HBO documentary. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 5 Mar 2019.
- Two Afghan Journalists Killed In Radio Station Attack
Two journalists have been shot and killed after unidentified gunmen stormed a radio station in northeastern Afghanistan, their colleagues and officials say, the latest deadly attack on reporters in the war-torn country.
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 6 Feb 2019.
- WATCH: Los Angeles middle school trades in Patriots mascot for Rams ahead of Super Bowl
Radio station K-EARTH 101 FM campaigned for John Adams Middle School to make the change.
ABC News. Friday, 1 Feb 2019.
- Cowboys owner Jones backs head coach Garrett
Jerry Jones called into a Dallas-area radio station Wednesday and said that delays in officially naming assistant coaches does not reflect any uncertainty about the future of Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett.
Reuters. Thursday, 31 Jan 2019.
- Pole held for China spying worked on security for pope visit
Polish radio station reports cybersecurity expert charged with spying for China cooperated with Polish government on security measures for visit by Pope Francis and hundreds of thousands of young people in 2016
ABC News. Thursday, 17 Jan 2019.
- Radio by Deezer is a subscription free app to stream 30,000 stations worldwide
Music streaming service Deezer has launched a standalone TuneIn rival to give you access to around 30,000 radio stations worldwide, all without a subscription.Radio
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 16 Jan 2019.
- Lost Cows Make (Radio) Waves In Kyrgyz Village
A journalist has set up the first local radio station in the remote village of Suusamyr, in the Chuy region of Kyrgyzstan. The station is run mostly by volunteers, and combines reports on lost cows with music and sports.
Radio Liberty. Monday, 7 Jan 2019.
Radio station microphone
Related Directory Page(s)
Radio Stations News Headlines and News Summaries