This Quality Control news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about quality control news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- CDC KNEW its first coronavirus test kit could fail up to a THIRD of the time
An internal CDC review obtained by NPR found that the agency had scarcely documented tests of its diagnostic until a final quality control
test showed its poor performance - but kits went to 100 U.S labs.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 7 Nov 2020.
- Eli Lilly Plant Set To Manufacture Covid-19 Therapy Cited For Breaching FDA Regulations
An Eli Lilly pharmaceutical plant set to manufacture a Covid-19 treatment has been cited by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for quality control
issues, according to Reuters.
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Problems at Eli Lilly plant could jeopardize antibody drug approval
FDA inspectors found worrying signs of deleted quality control
information during a November inspection of a New Jersey Eli Lilly plant that is making the antibody drug, a Reuters report reveals.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Exclusive: FDA faults quality control at Lilly plant making Trump-touted COVID drug
The Lilly antibody therapy, which is experimental and not yet approved by regulators as safe and effective, is similar to a drug from Regeneron Pharmaceuticals that was given to the president during his bout with COVID-19. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Quality control mechanism closes the protein production 'on-ramps'
Recent work revealed a newfound quality control
system in the protein production assembly line with possible implications for understanding neurogenerative disease.
Science Daily. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- New gene implicated in neuron diseases
Failures in a quality control
system that protects protein-building fidelity in cells can lead to motor neuron degeneration and related diseases, according to a new study shows.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020.
Quality Control News Headlines and News Summaries