This Publishing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about publishing and publisher news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Rove blasts publishing industry 'blacklist' push: 'Have we come to this as a country?'
Former Trump administration officials deserve gratitude for their service to America, not a campaign to hound them from public life, former White House deputy chief of staff Karl Rove told "Your World" Friday.
Fox News. Saturday, 23 Jan 2021.
- 13 Leadership Lessons with Wondery Founder and CEO Hernan Lopez
How this former TV executive founded the world's largest independent podcast publisher
-- then sold it to Amazon.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Man Who Operated A Child Porn Site For Over 20 Years Convicted
'Dedicated to publishing
writings that detail the sexual abuse of children'
Daily Caller. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Google agrees to pay French publishers for news
The agreement comes after several months of talks between Google France and France's Alliance de la Presse d'Information Generale.
CNBC. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Marketing next to negative stories is safe for advertisers, study says
The content around adverts does not matter as long as they are placed in trusted environments rather than on social media, according to research released today by the publisher
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- 'Palace Four' may have evidence about Meghan Markle's letter, court hears
Meghan Markle, 39, is suing Associated Newspapers Limited for breach of privacy for publishing
extracts of a letter she sent her father Thomas Markle, 76, after her royal wedding in 2018.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Regnery Publishing Picks Up Senator Hawley's Book
The conservative publishing
house said Senator Josh Hawley had been the victim of cancel culture.
New York Times. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Hawley Finds New Publisher After Simon & Schuster Dropped His Book
Hawley spearheaded efforts in the Senate to overturn the election results.
Forbes. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Hawley Signs With New Publisher After Simon & Schuster Canceled His Book Deal
'Cower Before The Woke Mob'
Daily Caller. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Try A New Role Playing Game During New Gamemaster Month
Six publishers have teamed up to highlight one of their games as an excellent choice for new Gamemasters to use: Numenera, Trail of Cthulhu, Delta Green, Monster of the Week, Runequest and Unknown Armies.
Forbes. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- After hard times, The Jewish Week has a new owner.
70 Faces Media, a nonprofit publisher
of several Jewish-interest sites and a wire service, has purchased The Jewish Week.
New York Times. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Lessons from Scholastic
Scholastic, the largest publisher
of children's magazines and books in the world, is now celebrating its 100th anniversary. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 10 Jan 2021.
- Publisher cancels Sen. Josh Hawley's book over insurrection; Hawley responds 'we'll see you in court!'
Simon & Schuster canceled "The Tyranny of Big Tech" over the Missouri Republican's efforts to overturn election; Hawley threatens to sue.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- Neil Young sells 50% of publishing rights to his entire song catalog to UK investment fund
Legendary folk rocker Neil Young has sold 50% of his song catalog to the Hipgnosis Songs Fund.
CNBC. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Prince's estate undervalued by about $80 million, IRS says
The discrepancy primarily involves Prince's music publishing
and recording interests, according to court documents.
CBS News. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries