This Publishing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about publishing and publisher news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- How the Palace threatened to cut me dead if I revealed the Queen breastfed Prince Charles
It was 1979 and I had just completed the first of my trilogy of biographies of Prince Charles. Just one potentially awkward ritual remained before I could give my publisher
the finished manuscript.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- Joe Manchin criticizes 'out of stater' Bernie Sanders for op ed in West Virginia's biggest newspaper
Bernie Sanders, senator for Vermont, took the highly unusual step on Friday of publishing
an op ed in the main newspaper in West Virginia, home state of Senator Joe Manchin.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- Martine Assouline Of Luxury Publishing House Maison Assouline Shares Her Favorite 5 Books
Martine Assouline, the CEO of Maison Assouline shares her favorite coffee table books.
Forbes. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Facebook In Crisis: How Social Media Platforms Can Stay Out Of Trouble
The last few weeks have not been good for Facebook, ever since the Wall Street Journal started publishing
the Facebook Files, that suggest Facebook prioritizes profits over social good.
Forbes. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- The Digital Era Introduces a New Challenge That the Majority of Businesses Aren't Prepared For
As an entrepreneur, you have to embrace the role of content publisher
and creator in order to remain competitive in a rapidly changing era.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- Column: When will the Wall Street Journal stop publishing lab-leak propaganda?
A new op-ed claims to have verified the lab-leak origin of COVID-19, but it's a mess.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- After pandemic layoffs, a local news company seeks subscribers on Substack.
Examiner Media, a publisher
of free weeklies in the Lower Hudson Valley of New York, rebuilt its staff with a grant from the digital newsletter platform.
New York Times. Tuesday, 5 Oct 2021.
- Russia threatens to block YouTube as confrontation with Google escalates
Russia threatened to block YouTube in retaliation for deleting two channels belonging to a Kremlin-funded broadcaster for allegedly publishing
misinformation on COVID.
ABC News. Wednesday, 29 Sep 2021.
- Activision to pay $18 million to settle harassment claims
Money will go to employees at the video game publisher
who experienced sexual harassment.
CBS News. Tuesday, 28 Sep 2021.
- ACCC slams Google for creating 'systemic competition concerns' in ad tech space
Google has been accused of fuelling systemic transparency issues in the ad tech space due to not providing the total fees and charges to advertisers and publishers.
ZDNet. Tuesday, 28 Sep 2021.
- How News Publishers Can Improve Their Monetization Strategies
It's time to upgrade if you want to maintain revenue growth.
Entrepreneur. Saturday, 25 Sep 2021.
- Taliban's New Rules for Afghan Journalists Raise Fear
The directives for journalists include rules against publishing
topics in conflict with Islam or insulting to national personalities.
New York Times. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
- Inside the Beltway: Federal government dead last in Gallup ratings
Gallup recently asked Americans to rate the performance of 25 major U.S. industries, such as pharmaceutical manufacturers, airlines, banks, public relations firms, publishers and utility companies. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 13 Sep 2021.
- US court rules Apple must ease in-app purchase rules after Fortnite-maker's lawsuit
A US judge has told Apple it must ease its restrictions on in-app purchases, following a lawsuit brought by Fortnite creator Epic Games and other publishers.
Sky News. Friday, 10 Sep 2021.
- Sir Salman Rushdie to serialise book via email newsletter
The Booker Prize-winning author will serialise a new novella on the Substack newsletter publishing
BBC News. Thursday, 2 Sep 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries