This Publishing news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about publishing and publisher news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Arkansas newspaper gambles on free iPads as the future
The publisher of the largest newspaper in Arkansas has said by the end of the year, the publication will no longer print daily editions and will instead distribute iPads for subscribers to access a daily digital replica
ABC News. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren condemn Espionage Act charges against Assange
Democratic candidates hoping to run against President Trump in 2020 started to speak out Friday against his administration recently charging WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange for publishing classified military and diplomatic documents. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 25 May 2019.
- Overwatch League commissioner leaving to work on Fortnite
Overwatch League Commissioner Nate Nanzer is leaving the competitive video game circuit to oversee esports competition for Fortnite publisher Epic Games. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- UN health agency seeks to halve number of snakebite deaths
WHO is publishing its first-ever global strategy to tackle the problem of snake bites, aiming to halve the number of people killed and disabled by snakes by 2030
ABC News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Scottish publisher revels in International Man Booker win
Highlands-based Sandstone Press brought out the award-winning English translation of Jokha Alharthi's novel.
BBC News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Trump: 'Fake News' Puts Out False Statements on Iran
President Donald Trump sent out another tweet regarding the rising tensions with Iran, saying that the news media has been publishing false information.
Newsmax. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Veteran political journalist explains why she uses Instagram to report
On "The Takeout" this week, former CNN Chief White House Correspondent Jessica Yellin talks with Major Garret about publishing her first novel this spring
CBS News. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Hacking Education Change For The Professional Development Market
The market for educator professional development books is controlled by a handful of mega-publishers. It can be tough for an independent publisher to make a dent. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- How To Build A Successful Writing Career Through Self-Publishing
Meet 3 women who have built successful careers through self-publishing. Crystal Swain-Bates brings diversity to children's literature. Kristen Ashley writes romances with relatable characters. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- US author loses book deal for tweet-shaming
Natasha Tynes was accused online of racism, and a publisher called her tweet "truly horrible".
BBC News. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Academics hit back to defend Cambridge don accused of publishing 'racist pseudoscience'
Social scientist Noah Carl had his fellowship withdrawn from St Edmund's College last week, on the grounds that he allegedly collaborated with people who hold 'extremist views'.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- Warren H. Phillips, Longtime Wall Street Journal Publisher, Dies at 92
Starting as a $40-a-week proofreader, he rose through the newsroom and corporate ranks, becoming chairman and chief executive of Dow Jones.
New York Times. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- 'Tightening The Noose': Pakistani Journalists Turn To Social Networks As Mainstream Media Gagged
Prominent journalists in Pakistan are self-publishing on social media because they have no other outlet.
Radio Liberty. Saturday, 11 May 2019.
- News Corp posts surprise profit as HarperCollins profits grow
Wall Street Journal-owner News Corp reported a surprise quarterly profit on Thursday, driven by strong growth in earnings at its book publishing and subscription video services units.
Reuters. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Meghan McCain's husband slams Seth Meyers as a cuck
Ben Domenech, publisher of The Federalist, deleted the angry tweets after a few hours on Wednesday, and issued an apology to anyone offended by his remarks about NBC host Meyers.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
Steps in the publishing process
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries