This Professional news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about professional and professions news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 17th-century PUB with operational bar up for rent on Airbnb
The 17th century Fitzhead Inn, in the tiny Somerset village of Fitzhead, has five en-suite rooms, a Mediterranean-style courtyard, a professional-standard kitchen - and a fully operational bar.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus England: Outdoor plays and opera restart Saturday
Singing and playing wind and brass instruments, especially in groups, have been designated as 'higher risk' activities and are limited to professionals only, according to the new rules laid out today.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Grammy Museum Teams Up With Michelle Obama, Grammy U For Virtual Mentorship Monday Program
Every Monday from July 20 through August 31, music industry professionals will mentor college students and recent graduates virtually through digital conferences.
Forbes. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Government says sorry to women 'ignored' by doctors
The health minister apologises to women, and their children, failed by healthcare professionals.
BBC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Baltimore faces growing rash of ATM thefts by 'professional' criminals
Authorities in Baltimore say the city has been experiencing an upward trend in ATM thefts as more and more criminals are drawn to the low-risk, high-reward of these heists.
Fox News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- UFC 251: From the White House to the Raptors, this was the road to Max Holloway Inc.
A meeting with the Toronto Raptors helped reshape Max Holloway's professional
outlook by narrowing his focus to a singular subject: fighting.
ESPN. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Free Webinar | July 20: How to Navigate the Challenges of Racism at Work
Join our panel of experts discuss how they have navigated racism in the professional
space and what entrepreneurs and business owners need to do to combat/prevent racism at work.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Celtic exit was 'tough', says former coach Alan Thompson
Alan Thompson says leaving Celtic in 2012 was "tough" as he faced difficulty both professionally and personally.
BBC News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Column: MLS Is Back but should it be during a surge of COVID-19 cases in the U.S.?
MLS Is Back tournament will be the first competitive game played by men's professional
teams in the U.S. , since the COVID-19 pandemic shut down much of the country.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Get World Famous Barbecue Delivered Directly To Your Door, While Benefiting Charity
Mighty Quinn's BBQ in New York City teams up with Dine 11 to provide free meals to healthcare professionals.
Forbes. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Cars, a cocktail and a celebrity: South Koreans succumb to Tesla fever
From an eponymous cocktail to eager buyers following the shipping routes of long-awaited cars, Tesla Inc is having a moment in South Korea, particularly among tech-savvy professionals. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Spanx Founder Sara Blakely's Guide to Surviving Anything
The billionaire founder has been through 20 years of personal and professional
ups and downs. And she's still thriving.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Chrome's next big update could boost laptops' battery life by 2 hours
Take a sample across any slice of professionals that use Chrome extensively (and we'll very much add the Pocket-lint team to that list) and you'll often
Pocket Lint. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Soccer player deported by the U.S. triumphs away from home
After living in the U.S. for nearly a decade, Lizandro and his brother were sent to El Salvador in 2017. He's now playing professional
soccer thousands of miles away from his family.
CBS News. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Indians' Terry Francona open to name change: 'I think it's time to move forward'
The Cleveland Indians are among the professional
sports teams who have been caught up in the controversy over using Native American symbols and culture.
Fox News. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries