This Private School news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about private schools from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- During Covid, more families switch to private school from public education
During the coronavirus crisis, families are finding that financial aid provides access to schools they otherwise couldn't afford.
CNBC. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Police launch 'urgent' hunt for missing private schoolgirl, 17, who vanished four days ago
Thi Khanh Ly Duong has not been seen since Saturday when she was dropped off by taxi in the Handsforth area of Birmingham. Police are urgently appealing for help to trace her whereabouts.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Florida private school won't employ vaccinated teachers
A Miami private school
founded by an anti-vaccination activist has warned teachers and staff against taking the COVID-19 vaccine, saying it will not employ anyone who has received the shot.
ABC News. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Private school parents foot the bill for kids' exams that were axed
Exam boards in England are still charging schools the full fees despite the fact that teachers will assess pupils' work and that the services of 60,000 examiners will not be needed.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Miami school won't employ vaccinated people
In an email to parents, the private school
listed unsubstantiated claims and said they asked current employees not to get vaccinated.
CBS News. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- 'Woke' NYC school curriculum prompts dad to move daughter to Florida
A fed-up father told "Fox & Friends First" on Monday that he pulled his 9-year-old daughter out of a New York City private school
over the race-related curriculum and moved to Florida.
Fox News. Monday, 26 Apr 2021.
- Private Schools Brought in Diversity Consultants. Outrage Ensued.
In the wake of George Floyd, elite institutions have tried to check their privilege. Not everybody is on board.
New York Times. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- NYC dad says daughter 'recognized' private school was 'trying to make her feel guilty' about 'skin color'
A New York City father who pulled his daughter out of The Brearley School says she "recognized" the private school
was "trying to make her feel guilty" about her "skin color."
Fox News. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Archeologists look for original Boston Latin School
There are more than 100,000 public and private schools
in the country. But, the very first one was founded 370 years ago. As Michelle Miller reports, archeologists in Boston are trying to find it.
CBS News. Wednesday, 7 Apr 2021.
- School abuse: 'Raped schoolgirl ignored by teachers'
Allegations of sexual abuse are swept under the carpet as private schools
prioritise their reputation, pupils claim.
BBC News. Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021.
- Kentucky lawmakers vote to allow scholarship tax credits
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) - In a pair of showdown votes Monday, Kentucky's Republican-led legislature put the state on a path toward allowing a form of scholarship tax credits to start supporting private school
Washington Times. Monday, 29 Mar 2021.
- Everyone's Invited: Sex abuse claims 'not limited to private schools'
The Met is investigating allegations of abuse published on the Everyone's Invited website.
BBC News. Saturday, 27 Mar 2021.
- School Voucher Bill Passes Arkansas House Committee
Following hours of debate, members of the Arkansas House Education committee narrowly passed a bill that would provide private school
scholarships for low-income students. ...
NPR. Tuesday, 16 Mar 2021.
- NC Senate OK's allowing concealed handguns at more churches
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Churches that meet on private school
campuses in North Carolina could allow members or visitors to carry concealed handguns if they're otherwise permitted in legislation approved Monday night by the state Senate. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 1 Mar 2021.
- As School Closures Near First Anniversary, a Diverse Parent Movement Demands Action
Frustrated with remote learning, parents in the Philadelphia area are running for office, suing, relocating and retreating to private school.
New York Times. Sunday, 28 Feb 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries