This Private School news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about private schools from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Football star, 18, at prestigious Ohio private school is accused of raping a girl as she slept
Star high school football player Crosley MacEachen, 18, was charged with undressing and raping a girl as she slept weeks before Christmas last year.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Parents of kids at New England private schools fight 'indoctrination' of students with 'woke' ideas
The Boston-based group Parents United said parents were 'shocked' when they saw their children's online lessons at home during the pandemic.
Daily Mail. Monday, 12 Jul 2021.
- Chicago Grammar School art teacher charged with sexually abusing 2 students
An art teacher at a private school
on Chicago's North Side has been charged with sexually abusing two girls for years, Cook County prosecutors said.
ABC News. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- Black Columbia professor urges 'antiracist' parents to pull students from NJ prep school
Columbia University linguistics professor John McWhorter said Wednesday evening that parents of children enrolled at a New Jersey private school
that has started to teach critical race theory should pull them out before the fall.
Fox News. Thursday, 10 Jun 2021.
- Chicago Tribune editorial board rips Illinois Democrats for bill that would delay school openings
The Chicago Tribune editorial board published a scathing op-ed Wednesday, ripping Illinois Democrats over a bill that it says would punish the success the state's private schools
saw as they reopened earlier in the pandemic.
Fox News. Saturday, 15 May 2021.
- During Covid, more families switch to private school from public education
During the coronavirus crisis, families are finding that financial aid provides access to schools they otherwise couldn't afford.
CNBC. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Florida private school won't employ vaccinated teachers
A Miami private school
founded by an anti-vaccination activist has warned teachers and staff against taking the COVID-19 vaccine, saying it will not employ anyone who has received the shot.
ABC News. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- Miami school won't employ vaccinated people
In an email to parents, the private school
listed unsubstantiated claims and said they asked current employees not to get vaccinated.
CBS News. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Private Schools Brought in Diversity Consultants. Outrage Ensued.
In the wake of George Floyd, elite institutions have tried to check their privilege. Not everybody is on board.
New York Times. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- Archeologists look for original Boston Latin School
There are more than 100,000 public and private schools
in the country. But, the very first one was founded 370 years ago. As Michelle Miller reports, archeologists in Boston are trying to find it.
CBS News. Wednesday, 7 Apr 2021.
- Kentucky lawmakers vote to allow scholarship tax credits
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) - In a pair of showdown votes Monday, Kentucky's Republican-led legislature put the state on a path toward allowing a form of scholarship tax credits to start supporting private school
Washington Times. Monday, 29 Mar 2021.
- School Voucher Bill Passes Arkansas House Committee
Following hours of debate, members of the Arkansas House Education committee narrowly passed a bill that would provide private school
scholarships for low-income students. ...
NPR. Tuesday, 16 Mar 2021.
- NC Senate OK's allowing concealed handguns at more churches
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Churches that meet on private school
campuses in North Carolina could allow members or visitors to carry concealed handguns if they're otherwise permitted in legislation approved Monday night by the state Senate. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 1 Mar 2021.
- As School Closures Near First Anniversary, a Diverse Parent Movement Demands Action
Frustrated with remote learning, parents in the Philadelphia area are running for office, suing, relocating and retreating to private school.
New York Times. Sunday, 28 Feb 2021.
- Private schools return to face-to-face classes on March 1 regardless of traffic light
"The color of the traffic light does not matter, private schools
are going to open now," said the president of the National Association of Private Schools
despite the official instruction to delay the measure.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 23 Feb 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries