This Private School news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about private schools from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Three seriously injured after assault at private school in Devon
Three people, including two pupils, have been seriously injured following reports of assault at a private school
Sky News. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Teenage boy in critical condition after assault at private school
A teenage boy is in a critical condition and another is seriously injured following an assault at a private school
Sky News. Friday, 9 Jun 2023.
- Where Are Teachers Thriving?
On metric after metric, we see teachers in charter and private schools
exhibiting higher levels of happiness and satisfaction.
Forbes. Wednesday, 31 May 2023.
- Las Vegas high school recalls yearbook after senior chose quote from founder of American Nazi Party
A private school
in Las Vegas is recalling its yearbooks due to the presence of a quotation by the founder of the American Nazi Party making its way onto its pages.
Daily Mail. Friday, 26 May 2023.
- British private schools in China teach kids to march with guns and Chinese flags in military uniform
EXCLUSIVE: In one video of a 'Cranleigh' school in Wuhan, China, children can be seen goose-stepping in military uniform with rifles and China's national flag.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 21 May 2023.
- Report: Republican donor paid tuition for Clarence Thomas' grandnephew
A report from ProPublica has found that billionaire Republican donor Harlan Crow paid thousands of dollars in tuition for the grandnephew of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas at two private schools. ...
CBS News. Thursday, 4 May 2023.
- Justice Clarence Thomas Let Republican Donor Pay Child's Tuition
A Republican megadonor paid two years of private school
tuition for a child raised by Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, who did not disclose the payments, a lawyer who has represented Thomas and his wife acknowledged Thursday. ...
Voice of America. Thursday, 4 May 2023.
- South Carolina Gov Signs School Choice Program Into Law, Gives Private School Students Taxpayer Funds
'Goes right to the heart'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 4 May 2023.
- A Well of Conservative Support for Public Schools in Rural Texas
A national movement to give parents public vouchers to spend on private schools
has run up against the deep loyalty Texas has always had for its public schools.
New York Times. Friday, 14 Apr 2023.
- Nashville school shooter spent months planning attack, police say
Police revealed new information about the shooter who killed six at a private school
in Nashville. The shooter spent months planning the attack and fired more than 150 rounds, police said.
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 Apr 2023.
- The Covenant School in Nashville Is a Small Academy Housed at a Presbyterian Church
A mass shooting at a private school
is rare; most recent high-profile cases have occurred at public schools.
New York Times. Monday, 27 Mar 2023.
- Private School Teacher Charged For Allegedly Soliciting Prostitution
'Mr. Pennington has been suspended from his duties'
Daily Caller. Monday, 27 Mar 2023.
- Biden wants assault weapon ban, mental health services for survivors after Nashville school shooting
President Biden on Monday decried gun violence in America just hours after a shooter killed three children and three staff members at a private school
in Nashville, calling it "sick" and a "family's worst nightmare."
Washington Times. Monday, 27 Mar 2023.
- Education Entrepreneurs In Texas Are Expanding Options For Families
With an annual tuition of about $7,000, Braveheart Academy is significantly lower in cost than most traditional private schools
in the area, but it is still financially out of reach for many families.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 Mar 2023.
- Red state education revolution: GOP govs. raise teacher pay while combating 'woke' school agendas
America's teachers are getting significant pay raises from red state governors who are simultaneously bolstering parental rights in education and, in some cases, letting parents use their tax dollars for private schools.
Washington Times. Sunday, 19 Feb 2023.
News Headlines and News Summaries