This Printing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about printing and printer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Printer toner linked to genetic changes, health risks in new study
According a new study, the microscopic toner nanoparticles that waft from laser printers may change our genetic and metabolic profiles in ways that make disease more likely.
Science Daily. Thursday, 27 Feb 2020.
- Want To Attract Venture Capital? Think Like A Screenwriter.
Storytelling of 3D rocket printing
has become reality with this company.
Forbes. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Lights, camera, action... the super-fast world of droplet dynamics
Cameras shooting up to 25,000 frames a second have been used to capture the moment two droplets of liquid come together and mix -- and it is opening up research into new applications for 3D printing
Science Daily. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- Would you eat a 'steak' printed by robots?
is meeting some of the ambitions touted when the technology emerged 20 years ago.
BBC News. Tuesday, 25 Feb 2020.
- Party like it's 1999 with an HP Sprocket 2-in-1 printer and camera for just $55 - CNET
The Sprocket is a digital camera with a built-in printer, which is just retro enough to be cool.
CNET. Monday, 24 Feb 2020.
- The Federal Reserve thinks low rates have had only a 'modest' impact on stock market prices
That's contrary to the conventional Street wisdom which ties the low rates and money-printing to a market bull run that is less than a month away from its 11th anniversary
CNBC. Friday, 21 Feb 2020.
- HP (HPQ) Set to Report Q1 Earnings: What's in the Cards?
HP's (HPQ) first-quarter fiscal 2020 performance is likely to have benefited from increasing demand in the commercial PC market. However, weakness in the Printing
business might have been a headwind.
Zacks. Wednesday, 19 Feb 2020.
- Sprinter Lite? Mercedes-Benz Channels VW With Cool And Compact Weekender Camper Van
With Volkswagen inexplicably not importing its cool new California pop-top campervan to the U.S., Mercedes-Benz is moving to fill the gap with the minivan-sized Weekender.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 Feb 2020.
- Researchers recreate what mummy's voice would have sounded like
An ancient Egyptian buried with the wish to speak again after death had it granted in an unexpected way when researchers in England recreated the voice of a mummified priest by recreating his vocal cords with a 3-D printer
CBS News. Saturday, 25 Jan 2020.
- Mummy returns: Voice of 3,000-year-old Egyptian priest brought to life
Experts use 3D printing
and speech technology to replicate the voice of Egyptian priest Nesyamun.
BBC News. Friday, 24 Jan 2020.
- Coalition of states sue over rules that could allow 3D-printed gun blueprints to be posted on internet
Attorneys general in 20 states and the District of Columbia have filed a lawsuit challenging a federal regulation that could allow blueprints for making guns on 3D printers to be posted on the internet.
ABC News. Friday, 24 Jan 2020.
- Coalition of states sue over rules governing 3D-printed guns
WASHINGTON (AP) - Attorneys general in 20 states and the District of Columbia filed a lawsuit Thursday challenging a federal regulation that could allow blueprints for making guns on 3D printers to be posted on the internet. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 23 Jan 2020.
- Best 3D prints: The crazy and coolest things people have printed
The world of 3D printing
is well and truly here with printers in homes, online stores and even supermarkets offering 3D printing
services. The result is
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- 3D Systems Joins CollPlant in Regenerative Medicine Efforts
3D Systems (DDD) and CollPlant aim to create state-of-the-art 3D bioprinters and BioInks to produce tissues and scaffolds.
Zacks. Tuesday, 14 Jan 2020.
- Startup reveals plant-based 'steak' consisting of peas and seaweed that is made with a 3D printer
Novameat revealed the 'most realistic' plant-based steak yet made of peas and seaweed. The alternative is created using a 3D printer, producing the look of muscle tissue and fat.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries