This Printing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about printing and printer news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Diamond urges sportspeople not to 'take for granted' exemption from restrictions
British sprinter Emily Diamond urges elite athletes not to abuse the exemption allowing them to train and compete during the national lockdown.
BBC News. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Laser-based process to 3D print detailed glass objects
Researchers have developed a new laser-based process for 3D printing
intricate parts made of glass. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Gold And Precious Metals In The Spotlight: 2020 Recap
It was a banner year for the yellow metal, hitting a new record high of $2,070 an ounce in August, as investors sought a reliable store of value in the face of unprecedented money-printing.
Forbes. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- A better pen-and-ink system for drawing flexible circuits
Conductive ink is a great tool for printing
flexible electronic circuits on surfaces. But these inks can be costly, they do not work on some materials, and devices to apply them can plug up. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Stratasys (SSYS) Completes Origin Buyout to Fuel 3D Printing
Stratasys (SSYS) completes the previously announced buyout of Origin, thereby aiding the expansion of its 3D printing
portfolio and securing its leadership in the mass production parts market.
Zacks. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Low Inflation? Asset Prices At Record Highs Suggests Otherwise
Gold and Bitcoin had a very good 2020. Investors, worried about currency debasement from all the money-printing, sought stores of value. Gold surged over 25%, its best year in a decade, while Bitcoin was up more than 300%.
Forbes. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- How to Return an Amazon Package Without Mailing It Back
If you've discarded the box and don't have a printer
handy, you can still return items to Amazon for a refund. Here's how.
Mental Floss. Wednesday, 30 Dec 2020.
- YouTuber divides opinion after grabbing attention of BBC bosses by printing his CV on top of his car
YouTuber Max Fosh, 25, from London, has divided opinion after grabbing attention of BBC bosses by printing
his CV on top of his car in a bid to get his dream job as a Radio One presenter.
Daily Mail. Friday, 18 Dec 2020.
- Quick-thinking teenager saves his little sister from being hit by a car in heart-stopping footage
Dramatic CCTV footage from December 10 shows an unnamed 15-year-old boy in Brazil sprinting across the road to grab his three-year-old sister out of the way of an oncoming car.
Daily Mail. Friday, 18 Dec 2020.
- Stratasys (SSYS) Aids 3D Printing With New API Connectivity
Stratasys (SSYS) extends the capabilities of its 3D printers with new API Program, which facilitates two-way connectivity between its FDM 3D printers and enterprise software applications.
Zacks. Wednesday, 16 Dec 2020.
- Best cheap home printer 2020: The best printers for documents and photos
Being able to print at home is a blessing in a lot of scenarios. If you're working from home, have kids who need to print out homework, or just need to
Pocket Lint. Friday, 4 Dec 2020.
- Report: Mobile Fingerprinting a Core Tool in US Deportations
Used routinely by US immigration and border agents, mobile fingerprinting figures into the collection of biometric data that the Trump administration is seeking to expand in its final weeks.
Voice of America. Monday, 23 Nov 2020.
- Relativity Space adds $500 million to 'war chest' for scaling production of 3D-printed rockets
Relativity Space wants to use enormous 3D-printers to revolutionize the way rockets are built and now has a "war chest" of capital to do so.
CNBC. Monday, 23 Nov 2020.
- Best wireless printer 2020: Wi-Fi network printing made easy
There's nothing like being asked if you can print something for work at home to throw you for a loop - rooting around for the cables to connect your modern
Pocket Lint. Saturday, 21 Nov 2020.
- Coronavirus: Tougher penalties held up by printing delays
Naomi Long says regulations will not be laid in assembly until the police are ready to enforce them.
BBC News. Monday, 2 Nov 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries