This Poultry news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about poultry news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- CDC says 9% of meatpacking plant workers have been diagnosed with Covid-19
About 9% of workers at meat and poultry
processing facilities across 14 states have been diagnosed with Covid-19, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
CNBC. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- China vows to phase out the live-poultry trade in wet markets due to COVID-19
The Chinese Ministry of Commerce today announced its plan to restrict the killing and trading of live poultry
in tens of thousands of wholesale and wet markets across the nation.
Daily Mail. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- US meat industry puzzled by China's import ban for 1 plant
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - China's decision to ban imports from a single Tyson Foods poultry
plant where there was a coronavirus outbreak has raised concerns about the implications on the U.S. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- China suspends imports of poultry from Tyson plant over coronavirus concerns
China's customs authority said on Sunday it had suspended imports of poultry
products from a plant owned by U.S.-based meat processor Tyson that has been hit by the novel coronavirus.
CNBC. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- China Suspends Tyson Foods Poultry Imports From Arkansas Facility Following Outbreak
Beijing is scrambling to contain a fresh coronavirus outbreak and is now testing 1 million people a day.
Forbes. Sunday, 21 Jun 2020.
- Food prices are on the rise amid the COVID-19 pandemic. When can we expect them to go back down?
A new government report shows meats, poultry, fish and eggs were up nearly 4 percent in May.
ABC News. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- Tyson Foods says cooperating with DoJ in chicken price-fixing probe
Tyson Foods Inc said on Wednesday it was cooperating with the U.S. Department of Justice on a price-fixing investigation in the poultry
industry, under a program that could protect the meat processor from criminal prosecution.
Reuters. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- Reusing chicken litter shows benefits
Beneficial bacteria in reused poultry
litter can reduce Salmonella levels.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- Four poultry executives charged in chicken price fixing plot
A grand jury has charged four producers with rigging chicken prices for years.
BBC News. Thursday, 4 Jun 2020.
- Pilgrim's Pride CEO indicted for price-fixing
The alleged scheme by the poultry
company's top executive and others may have hit major customers like Chick-fil-A.
CBS News. Wednesday, 3 Jun 2020.
- China backs away from U.S. chicken during COVID-19 recovery -Sanderson Farms
China will be out of the market for U.S. chicken in June as it recovers from the coronavirus pandemic, in a reversal from a recent surge of imports, the president of American poultry
company Sanderson Farms Inc said on Thursday.
Reuters. Thursday, 28 May 2020.
- How Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Looks Just Ahead of Q2 Earnings
Favorable demand for poultry
products in the retail grocery stores is likely to have reflected in Sanderson Farms' (SAFM) Q2 performance. However, high costs might be a concern.
Zacks. Friday, 22 May 2020.
- Is chicken really better than red meat for cholesterol levels?
Something we have been told for decades about our food may be wrong. A study out seems to suggest white meat, including poultry, may not be so healthy after all. It could affect your blood cholesterol level the same way as red meat. ...
CBS News. Friday, 22 May 2020.
- The bizarre tropical island in Thailand that looks like a CHICKEN
Chicken Island, also known as Koh Kai, is in the Poda group of islands in the Thai province of Krabi, with the poultry-themed limestone rock formation located on its southern tip.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 19 May 2020.
- Virus outbreak prompts temporary closure at poultry plant
WILKESBORO, N.C. (AP) - A Tyson Foods poultry
plant in North Carolina is closing temporarily for deep cleaning after a coronavirus outbreak there. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 9 May 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries