This Poultry news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about poultry news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Restaurants face nationwide chicken shortage
"I've never seen a chicken wing shortage," one restaurant owner says as poultry
producers struggle to meet surging demand.
CBS News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Tyson Foods' (TSN) New Tennessee Facility to Bolster Capacity
Tyson Foods (TSN) opens a poultry
complex including processing plant, feed mill and hatchery in Humboldt, Tennessee. The facility will start production by April end.
Zacks. Friday, 9 Apr 2021.
- #CBSNBusiness: April 22, 2015
Chipotle to raise meat prices, eggs and poultry
will be more expensive, and a "flash crasher" faces charges for bringing down the market by hundreds of points. CBS MoneyWatch's Jill Wagner joins CBSN with headlines.
CBS News. Friday, 2 Apr 2021.
- Covid and bird flu: The other lockdown putting livelihoods at risk
Dealing with a Covid lockdown is tough - now poultry
farmers face a second viral challenge.
BBC News. Friday, 5 Mar 2021.
- Rooster fitted with knife for illegal cockfight kills its owner as it tried to escape
The man died of blood loss before he could make it to hospital in rural Telangana state, India. The rooster was briefly held at the local police station before it was sent to a poultry
Daily Mail. Saturday, 27 Feb 2021.
- McDonald's new chicken sandwich could boost Tyson Foods, Pilgrim's Pride and other poultry suppliers, analyst says
McDonald's new line of chicken sandwiches benefits Tyson Foods and Pilgrim's Pride, a Bank of America Securities report said.
CNBC. Thursday, 25 Feb 2021.
- First Human Cases Of H5N8 Avian Influenza Occur In Russia
Russian authorities have notified the World Health Organization (WHO) that seven workers on a poultry
farm in Russia got infected with the bird flu.
Forbes. Sunday, 21 Feb 2021.
- Russia reports first case of avian flu in humans
Russian health officials reported a new strain of avian flu never before transmitted from birds to humans Saturday, after an outbreak first occurred in a poultry
farm last December.
Fox News. Saturday, 20 Feb 2021.
- Not now bird flu! Russia reports its first ever cases H5N8 virus in humans
Seven Russian poultry
workers became the first people infected by the H5N8 strain of Bird Flu. The workers developed the disease in December, officials revealed today.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 20 Feb 2021.
- Bird flu: Russia detects first case of H5N8 bird flu in humans
Workers have been infected at a poultry
plant - but there is no sign of transmission between humans.
BBC News. Saturday, 20 Feb 2021.
- Senators try again to allow meat products across state lines
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) - Senators from Maine and South Dakota are reintroducing a proposal to allow meat and poultry
products inspected through state programs to be sold across state lines. Independent Sen. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 6 Feb 2021.
- Official: System in deadly nitrogen leak recently installed
GAINESVILLE, Ga. (AP) - The investigation into a deadly liquid nitrogen leak at a Georgia poultry
plant continued Saturday with authorities saying they were trying to determine what caused a break in the recently installed system. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 30 Jan 2021.
- At Least 6 Dead at Georgia Poultry Plant, Officials Say
Five people were found dead at a Foundation Food Group plant in Gainesville, Ga., and a sixth person died at a hospital, the authorities said.
New York Times. Friday, 29 Jan 2021.
- Phirbo (PAHC) Nutritional Specialty Aids Growth, Low ASP Ails
Phirbo's (PAHC) net vaccine sales remain robust on higher international demand for poultry
Zacks. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- France's foie gras producers forced to conduct mass duck cull as bird flu rips through poultry population
The Ministry of Agriculture said about 350,000 ducks have been culled since Christmas Eve.
Fox News. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries