This Poultry news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about poultry news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Poultry row! Moment brawl breaks out inside chicken shop
Two groups of men threw punches at each other as they fought inside Chicken Time in Reigate, Surrey, with the violent scenes captured by a shocked customer outside the restaurant.
Daily Mail. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- $1 Million in Fines Proposed Over Nitrogen Leak That Killed 6 at Poultry Plant
Federal officials proposed the fines against four companies after finding that they could have prevented the deaths at the Foundation Food Group plant in Gainesville, Ga., in January.
New York Times. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Feds: deaths of 6 poultry plant workers "entirely avoidable"
Feds claim facility in Gainesville, Georgia, failed to implement safety procedures needed to prevent nitrogen leak.
CBS News. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Popeyes has been stockpiling chicken for SIX MONTHS ahead of nuggets launch
Popeyes announced that it has been stockpiling frozen chicken for the past six months in anticipation of its chicken nuggets as the entire poultry
industry struggles to meet demand.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- Tyson Foods expands chicken recall due to listeria risk
Kroger, Target and Walmart are among the retailers that sold the fully cooked and frozen poultry
CBS News. Saturday, 10 Jul 2021.
- A Decade Later, Beyond Meat Reveals Its Second Attempt At Faux Chicken Tenders
Consumer demand for chicken has skyrocketed as the industrial poultry
production industry has faced shortages and supply issues. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- CDC: Salmonella Outbreak Has Sickened 474, Stop Kissing, Snuggling With Chickens, Ducks
There are many other ways that you can show your chickens, ducks, or other poultry
Forbes. Saturday, 26 Jun 2021.
- Chicken giant Sanderson Farms reportedly exploring a potential sale
Sanderson Farms is exploring a potential sale of the company as prices of poultry
continue to rise due to increased demand, the Wall Street Journal reports.
CNBC. Monday, 21 Jun 2021.
- Who Invented Chicken Nuggets?
In 1981, McDonald's introduced the Chicken McNugget to the world and changed the face of bite-sized poultry
bits forever. But it never would have happened if it hadn't been for food and poultry
scientist Robert C. Baker.
Mental Floss. Monday, 21 Jun 2021.
- Phirbo (PAHC) Nutritional Specialties Grow, Vaccine Sales Dip
Currently, Phirbo (PAHC) is focused on expanding its footprint in the poultry, swine and cattle industries, in both domestic and international markets.
Zacks. Tuesday, 15 Jun 2021.
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Q2 Earnings & Sales Top Estimates, Up Y/Y
Sanderson Farms' (SAFM) Q2 results reflect gains from improved demand for poultry
Zacks. Friday, 28 May 2021.
- Cal/OSHA proposes nearly $300,000 in fines tied to Foster Farms COVID-19 outbreaks
After COVID-19 outbreaks at poultry
processing plants operated by Foster Farms in California, the state's health and safety agency is proposing fines.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 25 May 2021.
- Why Iranians have been queueing for chicken
Long lines for government-subsidised poultry
have been seen in cities and towns across Iran.
BBC News. Saturday, 22 May 2021.
- McDonald's new chicken sandwich could boost Tyson Foods, Pilgrim's Pride and other poultry suppliers, analyst says
McDonald's new line of chicken sandwiches benefits Tyson Foods and Pilgrim's Pride, a Bank of America Securities report said.
CNBC. Thursday, 25 Feb 2021.
- Russia reports first case of avian flu in humans
Russian health officials reported a new strain of avian flu never before transmitted from birds to humans Saturday, after an outbreak first occurred in a poultry
farm last December.
Fox News. Saturday, 20 Feb 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries