This Poultry news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about poultry news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Shortage of poultry workers could hit Christmas dinner
There are not enough EU workers to process the meat, says the British Poultry
BBC News. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Poultry firm denies any link to US Senator of same name who mocked Kamala Harris
Perdue Chicken assures angry customers it has no links to Georgia politician
Yahoo. Saturday, 17 Oct 2020.
- Lawmakers want to expand local meat processing capacity
PORTLAND, Maine (AP) - A pair of lawmakers from Maine and Nebraska wants to expand processing capacity for smaller producers of meat and poultry
. Democratic Rep. Chellie Pingree of Maine and Republican Rep. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 5 Oct 2020.
- Local official says federal officials tried to keep Calif. plant open during deadly virus outbreak
A California county health director tells CBS News federal officials tried to push her to keep a poultry
plant open during a deadly coronavirus outbreak. Consumer investigative correspondent Anna Werner went there to find out why.
CBS News. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Covid-19 outbreak at Bernard Matthews turkey plant in Holton
Health officials are brought in to test 100 members of staff at the poultry
BBC News. Monday, 28 Sep 2020.
- Morrisons fires gun on 'recession' price war
Morrisons will cut prices by an average of 23 per cent on 400 products, including fruit and vegetables, meat, poultry, bread, breakfast cereal, rice, toilet rolls and cleaning products.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 6 Sep 2020.
- Worker killed in accident at Georgia Tyson Foods plant
VIENNA, Ga. (AP) - A 58-year-old man has died in an industrial accident at a Georgia poultry
processing plant. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 4 Sep 2020.
- Another 16 workers test positive for Covid at chicken factory
in the village of Attleborough voluntarily agreed to close its cutting room last Friday following an outbreak of the disease.
Daily Mail. Monday, 31 Aug 2020.
- Vietnam farmers' poultry sales during outbreaks may increase virus transmission
farmers in Vietnam tend to respond to viral outbreaks of highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) by rapidly selling their birds as a way to avoid financial loss, according to a new study. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 28 Aug 2020.
- 350 staff at poultry factory told to self-isolate after COVID-19 outbreak
Hundreds of workers at a poultry
factory have been told to self-isolate after a coronavirus outbreak led to 75 positive cases.
Sky News. Wednesday, 26 Aug 2020.
- Current poultry food safety guidelines do not stop salmonella outbreaks
food safety guidelines for Salmonella, the leading cause of foodborne illness outbreaks, are inadequate. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 26 Aug 2020.
- A poultry farm in Maine received shipments of chicks that were dead on arrival. It's blaming the post office.
"It's one more of the consequences of this disorganization, this sort of chaos they've created at the post office," Rep. Chellie Pingree said.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 19 Aug 2020.
- 'The food supply chain is breaking': How Tyson Foods has tried to survive coronavirus
The U.S. meat and poultry
business is a $232 billion market. In 2017 alone, the industry processed 9 billion chickens, 121 million pigs and more than 32 million cows.
CNBC. Thursday, 13 Aug 2020.
- Pet chicken supplier sees 260 percent increase in demand due to coronavirus pandemic
Heidi Heilig is one of a growing number of first-time poultry
Fox News. Saturday, 18 Jul 2020.
- CDC says 9% of meatpacking plant workers have been diagnosed with Covid-19
About 9% of workers at meat and poultry
processing facilities across 14 states have been diagnosed with Covid-19, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
CNBC. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries