This Poultry news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about poultry news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Biden Administration Allocates $1 Billion For Meat And Poultry Industry Amid Soaring Consumer Prices
The administration has struggled with a rise in inflation
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022.
- Biden to spend $1 billion to challenge meat industry giants that he blames for high inflation
President Biden on Monday pledged $1 billion of taxpayer money to boost independent meat and poultry
producers and undercut industry giants, escalating his months-long battle with the meat industry over high inflation. Mr. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 3 Jan 2022.
- Prisoners are given jobs at Bernard Matthews turkey plant to plug vacancies
Almost 100 serving or former inmates are working in the poultry
and hospitality sector as part of a Government drive. Bernard Matthews and Greene King are taking part.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 19 Dec 2021.
- Bird flu: Two suspected cases in Markethill and Coagh
The latest suspected cases involve a poultry
flock in Markethill and a duck flock in Coagh.
BBC News. Sunday, 12 Dec 2021.
- Turkeys are sold out at poultry farms after food shortage fears saw orders placed six weeks early
The surge in demand for turkeys has been triggered by concerns over the UK supply chain, which is facing pressures including HGV driver shortages and delays with the movement of shipping containers.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 2 Dec 2021.
- Bird Flu Spreading: Here Are The Avian Influenza Outbreaks In Europe And Asia
Governments in Belgium, France, and the Netherlands have ordered poultry
Forbes. Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021.
- Poultry industry removes warning of turkey shortage over Christmas
industry has rowed back on warnings of a turkey shortage over Christmas but said choice will be limited.
Sky News. Monday, 15 Nov 2021.
- No turkey shortage, says British Poultry Council
There will be turkeys for Christmas, the industry says, but producers warn there will be less variety.
BBC News. Monday, 15 Nov 2021.
- 'Chicken King' seeks £50m in funding amid supply chain crisis
Britain's biggest poultry
supplier is in talks to access tens of millions of pounds in additional funding as it grapples with headwinds caused by labour shortages and the supply chain crisis.
Sky News. Friday, 12 Nov 2021.
- Phirbo (PAHC) Q1 Earnings Lag Estimates, Revenue View Up
Phirbo's (PAHC) year-over-year increase in Q1 sales is primarily due to stronger international demand for poultry
and cattle products and more robust growth in the nutritional specialties and vaccine product lines.
Zacks. Monday, 8 Nov 2021.
- Russia's Kirov Region Culls Poultry After Avian-Flu Outbreak
Russian authorities have ordered the mass culling of poultry
in the western Kirov region after an outbreak of highly pathogenic avian influenza.
Radio Liberty. Friday, 5 Nov 2021.
- Nearly all store-brand chicken has "white striping" issue
Animal welfare advocate finds 99% of poultry
sold in major supermarkets shows visible result of rapid breeding.
CBS News. Monday, 20 Sep 2021.
- KFC not touting chicken tenders as it lacks abundant supplies
Fast-food chain is refraining from "aggressively" promoting its boneless poultry
product on TV, exec tells Bloomberg News.
CBS News. Thursday, 9 Sep 2021.
- Chicken giant Sanderson Farms reportedly exploring a potential sale
Sanderson Farms is exploring a potential sale of the company as prices of poultry
continue to rise due to increased demand, the Wall Street Journal reports.
CNBC. Monday, 21 Jun 2021.
- Who Invented Chicken Nuggets?
In 1981, McDonald's introduced the Chicken McNugget to the world and changed the face of bite-sized poultry
bits forever. But it never would have happened if it hadn't been for food and poultry
scientist Robert C. Baker.
Mental Floss. Monday, 21 Jun 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries