This Politics news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about politics and political news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Democrats and Republicans criticize Trump for commuting Roger Stone's prison sentence
House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff, D-Calif., became the latest lawmaker to criticize President Trump for commuting the prison sentence of his longtime political
confidant Roger Stone on Friday.
Fox News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Dr. Jon LaPook on the importance of face masks
Face masks have become not only a key defense against the spread of the coronavirus, but also a political
flashpoint for those prioritizing personal freedom over public health. CBS News chief medical correspondent Dr. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: 'Risk, not politics' will decide border restrictions
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says Scotland is at risk of Covid-19 cases from elsewhere in the UK.
BBC News. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Mali opposition rejects president's concessions aimed at ending impasse
Mali's opposition on Sunday rejected concessions by President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita aimed at resolving an escalating political
crisis that has sparked deadly protests, saying it would be satisfied only if he resigns. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Lucius Barker, Expert on Race in American Politics, Dies at 92
He was a passionate Jesse Jackson delegate at the 1984 Democratic National Convention and, later, a mentor to future politicians like Senator Cory Booker.
New York Times. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Trump commutes Roger Stone's sentence
The GOP political
operative was supposed to report to prison next week to serve a 40-month sentence.
CBS News. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Trump blames 'sick' officers who killed George Floyd and COVID for crisis facing his presidency
Donald Trump is increasingly angry at the coronavirus pandemic and the officers who killed George Floyd, blaming both for his political
woes, The Washington Post reported.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Facebook is considering a ban on political ads in the days leading up to the U.S. election
After weeks of criticism for its inaction over posts from President Donald Trump, Facebook may move to blackout political
ads in the lead up to the 2020 Presidential election.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: Why politics means success or failure in South America
Argentina has been singled out for success but the situation could not be more different in Brazil.
BBC News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Facebook Said to Consider Banning Political Ads
The social network has been under intense pressure for allowing misinformation and hate speech to spread on its site.
New York Times. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Facebook Reportedly Considers Political Ad Ban For 2020 Election
Advertisements spreading election-related misinformation were a major issue in 2016.
Forbes. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- A Sweeping Clampdown In Russia Has Putin Critics Warning Of New Repressions
The arrest of a long-time Russian journalist on treason charges appears to have been the first volley of a concerted crackdown on opposition politics
in Russia. ...
Radio Liberty. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Trump Looks for Political Edge in Latest High Court Rulings
President is using his defeats to argue that work in reshaping the court is only just getting started.
Voice of America. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Bernie Sanders hails Biden as possibly the 'most progressive president since FDR'
Will Democrats get what they want from Biden? Political
analyst Tezlyn Figaro and attorney Alex Swoyer debate.
Yahoo. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- After The Election, Is This Insane Political Climate Going To Get Better Or Worse?
Proliferation of 'cancel culture'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries