This Plastic news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about plastics from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Humble' worm saliva can break down tough plastic
- Ball Corp (BALL) to Offer Reusable Bottled Water On-Site
Ball Corporation (BALL) partners with Boomerang Water to meet growing demand for eco-friendly beverage packaging and reduce waste and carbon footprint in the traditional plastic
Zacks. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Princess Mary poses with an unusual fashion accessory as she suits up in navy
Crown Princess Mary has brought an umbrella made entirely out of plastic
bottles to a mental health conference as tensions grow within the Danish royal household.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Companies seek to reduce waste with leather alternatives
Companies are trying to address the significant carbon footprint of traditional and plastic
leather through innovative plant-based leather alternatives. CBS News correspondent Jamie Wax has more.
CBS News. Saturday, 1 Oct 2022.
- Shoes that are edible to sea creatures could help tackle plastic pollution, scientists claim
Researchers at the University of California San Diego have created a shoe material that starts to biodegrades after just four weeks submerged in sea water, and provides nutrients to bacteria.
Daily Mail. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- Rights Group Slams Turkey, EU Over Plastic Recycling Health Risks
recycling industry is strongly criticized in a Human Rights Watch report released Wednesday. ...
Voice of America. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Plastic Surgeon Claims Amazon and Google Employees Are Undergoing Surgery to Be 3 Inches Taller
The doctor developed a method to implant and subsequently extend pins in the femur to increase height.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Americans piling up credit card debt to cope with inflation
Battered by higher prices, more consumers are relying on plastic
to pay for food and other necessities.
CBS News. Tuesday, 20 Sep 2022.
- Applied Industrial (AIT) Up 15.6% in 3 Months: Here's Why
Applied Industrial (AIT) gains from technology, metals, chemicals, refining, automation, aggregates, rubber & plastics, and other end markets besides acquisitions and shareholder-friendly measures.
Zacks. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
- Too many tote bags: plastic bag ban vexes New Jersey shoppers
Shoppers in New Jersey are dealing with a glut of reusable bags after the state banned single-use plastic
bags earlier this year.
Washington Times. Wednesday, 14 Sep 2022.
- Self-sterilising plastic kills viruses like Covid
- Jason Momoa shaves iconic locks to promote ocean protection, elimination of plastic bottles
Momoa co-founded a water company that promotes aluminum packaging and removes plastic
from the ocean.
ABC News. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- California takes action to cut more plastics waste, including grocery produce bags
Two months after passing historic plastics
legislation, state lawmakers send a half-dozen more bills to the governor's desk to reduce waste.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 5 Sep 2022.
- WATCH: Marine biologist helps octopus find its way back to sea
"Oh, she's got eggs, too!" A marine biologist helped an octopus find its way back to the sea after finding it and its eggs in a plastic
pipe washed up on shore.
ABC News. Tuesday, 30 Aug 2022.
- Tiny home startup looks to disrupt by building with recycled plastic
Azure Printed Homes uses recycled plastic
as its building material. The company said its goal is to develop homes faster, more economically and with much less of an environmental impact.
Inman. Monday, 22 Aug 2022.
Plastic & Plastic Products News Headlines and News Summaries