This Plastic news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about plastics from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Street cleaners wearing plastic hats swim up to their necks in garbage as they clean rivers in Dhaka
Volunteers swam through tonnes of rubbish in a canal in Savar, Bangladesh. Extraordinary photographs show the volunteers fully submerged in waste as they attempt to clean the river bank
Daily Mail. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Invention: 'Nanocage' tool untangles (molecular) spaghetti
Scientists have invented a new tool -- they call it a ''nanocage'' -- that can catch and straighten out molecule-sized tangles of polymers - -whether made of protein or plastic. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: UK waterways say masks add to plastic pollution
Discarded masks are rapidly becoming a new litter scourge to rival plastic
bottles, straws and wet wipes, according to a waterways charity.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Wymondham: Six-year-old litter-picker 'trying to save the world'
Olivia Shannon is planning to do weekly clean-ups after learning about the danger of plastic
BBC News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Neurons show distinct styles as they interact with the same muscle partner
A study shows a newfound diversity in how cells talk to the muscle they innervate, revealing that the subclasses of neurons have distinct propensities for change, or 'plasticity'.
Science Daily. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Editorial: The plastics you don't see might kill you
might be saving our lives from coronavirus now, only to endanger us in the future as it pervades our food and the very air we breathe.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Paving The Way With Plastic For Ukrainian Pedestrians
In the Ukrainian city of Odesa, there is a man with a plan to repurpose piles of unrecyclable plastic
waste that could repave the city's sidewalks.
Radio Liberty. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Eastman Chemical (EMN) Expands Its Partnership With IMCD
Eastman Chemical (EMN) expects the extended partnerships with IMCD to ensure a seamless transition for its specialty plastics
Zacks. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Plastic waste surges as coronavirus prompts restaurants to use more disposable packaging
The surge in single-use plastic
is a major blow to the fight against plastic
pollution, which is projected to increase by 40% in the next decade.
CNBC. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Washing machines' microplastic filters 'untested'
Filters can cut ocean-bound microplastics from washing machines, but more tests are needed, study finds.
BBC News. Saturday, 27 Jun 2020.
- 'Not what the doctor ordered': Microplastics found in fruit and veg
Microplastics have been discovered in fruits and vegetables, with apples and carrots found to be the most contaminated, studies show.
Sky News. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Arlington Man Charged in Connection With Body Found in Container
A Texas man has been arrested in connection with the discovery of the body of a woman in a plastic
container floating in Kentucky Lake, authorities said.
NBC. Wednesday, Jun 24 2020.
- Germany bans single-use plastic straws, food containers
BERLIN (AP) - Germany is banning the sale of single-use plastic
straws, cotton buds and food containers, bringing it in line with a European Union directive intended to reduce the amount of plastic
garbage that pollutes the environment. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Dow (DOW) to Develop PCR Resins to Lower Carbon Footprint
The offering is part of Dow's (DOW) comprehensive strategy to develop a circular plastics
economy by focusing on incorporating recycled content into product offerings.
Zacks. Monday, 22 Jun 2020.
- Social Distancing Flexes Its Muscles
To save itself from bankruptcy, California gym came up with workouts in a plastic
Voice of America. Sunday, 21 Jun 2020.
Plastic & Plastic Products News Headlines and News Summaries