This Plastic news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about plastics from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- FACT CHECK: Did A Man Get 37 Plastic Surgeries And Change His Name To Date His Ex-Girlfriend?
This rumor appears to stem from a satirical website
Daily Caller. Saturday, 15 Jan 2022.
- Two more 'Dumbos of the Dump' lose their lives: Elephant pair die at Sri Lankan refuse facility
Around 20 elephants have died over the last eight years after consuming plastic
trash in the dump in Pallakkadu village in Ampara district, about 130 miles east of the capital, Colombo.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 15 Jan 2022.
- Elephants are dying from eating plastic waste in an open landfill
Hungry elephants seek out the waste in the landfill, consuming plastic
and sharp objects that damage their digestive systems, a veterinarian said.
CBS News. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Tarantula found by passengers on London Bridge train
The venomous spider was in a plastic
box and is believed to be an abandoned pet.
BBC News. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- TotalEnergies (TTE) Inks Recycling Deal With Plastic Energy
TotalEnergies' (TTE) deal with Plastic
Energy further promotes the usage of recycled plastic. The existing agreements between these companies are set to ensure yearly reuse of 81,000 tons of plastic
Zacks. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- Harley Street plastic surgeon, 62, is killed after being hit by car while out cycling
Niall Kirkpatrick, 62, a Harley Street doctor and considered one of the world's leading facelift surgeons died on January 9 after after being fatally hit by a car while out cycling.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- LyondellBasell (LYB) Gets COTREP Certification for Polybatch NIR
LyondellBasell Industries' (LYB) Polybatch 73641 is part of the NIR detectable black masterbatch range that enables the categorization of black plastic
articles in post-consumer waste streams.
Zacks. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Friends Turn Plastic Waste Into Cash, Clean Up In Kyrgyzstan
Three friends in Kyrgyzstan's capital hated seeing the pollution caused by plastic
waste, so they decided to take matters into their own hands. ...
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- 'Chemical cocktail': sewage, slurry and plastic polluting English rivers, say MPs
Sewage, animal waste and chemicals are choking the life from English rivers, a group of cross-party MPs have warned today.
Sky News. Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022.
- Grichka and Igor Bogdanoff, Twins in an Uneasy Spotlight, Die at 72
In France they were science-loving TV celebrities (molded by plastic
surgery) whose own research was suspect, maybe a hoax. They died within days of each other.
New York Times. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
- New York plastic surgeon offers painter free life-changing surgery for nose deformity
"My life has changed; I'm much happier now than I was before," he said.
ABC News. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- Lloyds to take stake in banking loyalty app Bink
Britain's biggest high street bank is finalising plans to buy a stake in Bink, a fintech business which allows customers to ditch their plastic
Sky News. Monday, 3 Jan 2022.
- French ban on plastic packaging for fruit and vegetables begins
Officials hope the law will prevent a billion items of single use plastics
BBC News. Friday, 31 Dec 2021.
- Improvised Killer Drones, Russian Mercenaries And False Flags
A captured insurgent drone is the simplest lethal improvised conversion yet, nothing more than a plastic
bottle, a piece of string and a hand grenade. Does this mean even the poorest can afford their own air force?
Forbes. Wednesday, 29 Dec 2021.
- New York painter with rare deformity gets new nose for Christmas
A New York painter who suffered from a rare facial deformity has gotten a new nose for Christmas thanks to the generosity of a plastic
surgeon who operated on him free of charge.
Fox News. Monday, 27 Dec 2021.
Plastic & Plastic Products News Headlines and News Summaries