This Plastic news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about plastics from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Holidaymakers at Heathrow may face queues of up to TEN hours
The dispute centres on whether there are enough transparent plastic
screens in place to help protect Border Force staff from the threat of coronavirus.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Plastic bag charge to double to 10p in all shops
The price rise for single-use bags will be extended to all businesses in England from 21 May.
BBC News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Determined drinkers brave hail and torrential downpours to enjoy al fresco lunch
The two mystery women were wearing coats, plastic
waterproof ponchos and huddling under a solitary table covering as hail visibly hurtled down around them outside a restaurant in Manchester.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Single-use plastic bags will cost 10p at all shops in England from 21 May
The 5p charge for single-use plastic
bags is going to double to 10p from 21 May, the government has confirmed.
Sky News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Preview: The Flaming Lips' Space Bubble Concert
Correspondent Luke Burbank went behind the scenes of a pandemic-friendly concert recently held by the rock group The Flaming Lips, in which band members and audience alike were encased in giant plastic
CBS News. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Food giants respond to worries over packaging
The phasing out of single-use plastics
gathers pace with big companies adopting alternatives.
BBC News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Sunless tanning chemical
Scientists are looking at a new way for sunless tanning. A new chemical treatment could give your skin the sun-kissed color without having to go outside. Plastic
surgeon Dr. David Candello joins CBSN to discuss
CBS News. Sunday, 2 May 2021.
- A Shortage of Plastic Pipette Tips Is Delaying Biology Research
Extreme weather and the Covid-19 pandemic have upended supply chains for plastic
Smithsonian. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Ditch the Plastic and Brew Sustainably With These Eco-Friendly Coffee Pods
If you love the convenience of a single-use coffee pod but hate the plastic
waste that comes along with it, the frescopod is here to help.
Mental Floss. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Co-op is removing plastic 'bags for life' from sale as many shoppers are using them 'just once'
The Co-op is to become the latest supermarket to remove plastic
"bags for life" from sale in all of its stores.
Sky News. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- These mats for the homeless are made from recycled grocery bags!
bag mat ministry at Gloria Dei Lutheran Church provides hope, comfort for those in need!
ABC News. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Doctor Who Drugged And Raped Women During Travels To Medical Conferences Pleads Guilty: DOJ
The perpetrator was a former plastic
surgeon from Ohio
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- New Chemical Process Turns Single-Use Plastics Into Fuels
Researchers say their method can break down hard-to-recycle plastics
using half the energy of existing techniques
Smithsonian. Monday, 26 Apr 2021.
- Oral Care Companies Finally Tackle Packaging Waste
President Biden made headlines this week at the Earth Day Climate Summit by pledging to reduce US greenhouse emissions by 50% by the end of the decade. For that to happen plastic
production and use needs to continue to be rethought.
Forbes. Saturday, 24 Apr 2021.
- Expedition Hauls Tons of Plastic Out of Remote Hawaii Atolls
Crew picked up more than 43 metric tons of debris.
Voice of America. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
Plastic & Plastic Products News Headlines and News Summaries