This Plastic news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about plastics from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Sustainable Selling: How Plastic- And Package-Free Stores Are Reshaping Retail
A growing number of zero-waste and plastic-free stores are springing up to meet consumer demand for more sustainable options.
Forbes. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Thousands protest lockdown in Sydney amid COVID-19 surge
Police made several arrests after crowds broke through barriers and threw plastic
bottles and plants.
CBS News. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Covid vaccines: Why a giant plastic bag shortage is slowing the rollout
A look at the critical vaccine components in short supply, as a new global marketplace is launched to tackle bottlenecks.
BBC News. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- Age-related memory loss is reversed in mice by increasing the plasticity of the brain
Scientists manipulated a compound in the brain of aged mice, by giving the specimens a virus that reconstructed the compound and restored their memory to that of a younger mouse.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- The Best Cutting Boards To Have In Your Kitchen, According To Chefs
Whether you prefer plastic
or wood, these are the best cutting boards for all of your kitchen needs.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Officials seize 15 giant land snails at Houston airport
The snails, roughly the size of an adult fist, were discovered in plastic
zip-closed bags inside an airline passenger's luggage. Fresh leaves and a quarter-pound of beef were also found.
CBS News. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Empire Strikes Block! Star Wars fan, 34, beautifully recreates classic scenes using LEGO
Dan Sands, 34, from Portland, Dorset grew up playing with the popular Danish plastic
building block toy as a child, and later in life developed an interest in outdoor photography.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- AbbVie (ABBV) Venclexta Gets Breakthrough Therapy Tag for MDS
The FDA grants a Breakthrough Therapy designation to AbbVie's (ABBV) Venclexta in combination with azacitidine for treating adult patients with higher risk myelodysplastic syndrome.
Zacks. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Using plastic waste to help solve sand shortages
With construction sand in short supply crushed plastic
is being used as an alternative.
BBC News. Sunday, 18 Jul 2021.
- 'Plastic Free July' at the Shedd Aquarium aims to reduce plastic pollution
Shedd Aquarium is celebrating "Plastic Free July" and asking the public to get active in the movement to curb plastic
ABC News. Saturday, 17 Jul 2021.
- Phoenix Suns arena will be named Footprint Center in 'one of the most unique partnerships in sports'
Footprint is an engineering company that wants to eliminate single-use plastic
and use the Suns home complex to test new technologies.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- Factory Fire in Bangladesh Kills at Least 51
The blaze, at a seven-story building where fruit drinks, packing materials and plastic
packaging were made, burned for nearly 24 hours.
New York Times. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- 3 Stocks to Buy From the Rebounding Chemical Plastics Industry
3 Stocks to Buy From the Rebounding Chemical Plastics
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- Ditch Single-Use Plastic Bags and Get These Reusable Silicone Ones
Stop wasting money on plastic
bags by getting Stasher's reusable silicone bags for food storage. They're also dishwasher- and microwave-safe.
Mental Floss. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- Microbe that can break down plastic discovered in cow's stomach
Microbes in cows' stomachs that can break down plastic, have been discovered by scientists in Austria.
Sky News. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
Plastic & Plastic Products News Headlines and News Summaries