This Physician news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about physicians from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Republican State Senator Helps Kill Bill Banning Sex Changes For Louisiana Minors
'[A] decision should be made by a patient and a physician'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 25 May 2023.
- Megyn Kelly slams NYC hospital for placing pregnant white worker on leave in Citibike viral dispute
Megyn Kelly slammed a New York City hospital for placing a pregnant physician's assistant on leave after she was falsely accused of stealing black man's Citibike.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 24 May 2023.
- Sources: NSAC to review Haney's shove of Loma
After Devin Haney shoved Vasiliy Lomachenko at Friday's weigh-in, the Nevada State Athletic Commission requested that Lomachenko be examined and medically re-cleared by a physician, sources told ESPN.
ESPN. Saturday, 20 May 2023.
- Can ChatGPT Improve Racial Disparities In Healthcare?
New research has found that ChatGPT generates better and more empathetic responses to patient inquiries compared to physicians. This article explores how ChatGPT can mitigate racial disparities in healthcare and medicine.
Forbes. Saturday, 6 May 2023.
- Instead of a hospital stay, he was given a cellphone with medical staff on speed dial
More than 500 patients have participated in L.A. General's Safer at Home program, cared for remotely by several dozen nurses and five physicians.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 5 May 2023.
- Doctor reveals the signs that may mean you have Intestinal parasites
British Dr. Sara Mesilhy, who is a Gastroenterologist with the Royal College of Physicians, told FEMAIL there are a number of different signs - including feeling hungry after meals.
Daily Mail. Monday, 1 May 2023.
- Empowering Patients And Caregivers: A Solution To Healthcare's Looming Crisis
Aging population and physician
shortages will cause a healthcare crisis. The power balance in healthcare is shifting, empowering patients and caregivers can help. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 27 Apr 2023.
- Allegations of misconduct at transgender care center are "unsubstantiated": Report
The investigation into the center came after a former employee made allegations of inappropriate conduct by physicians.
CBS News. Saturday, 22 Apr 2023.
- Henry Schein (HSIC) to Report Q1 Earnings: What's in Store?
Henry Schein's (HSIC) medical business is expected to have gained from improved U.S. patient traffic to physician
offices, ultimate care sites and ambulatory surgical centers.
Zacks. Thursday, 20 Apr 2023.
- Female physicians at California hospital take on medicine's gender gap
Even though more than 50% of medical school students are women, a gender gap remains in top specialties.
CBS News. Thursday, 6 Apr 2023.
- Cardiovascular Systems (CSII) Finishes ECLIPSE Trial Enrollment
Cardiovascular Systems' (CSII) ECLIPSE clinical trial data is likely to help physicians
form an optimal treatment plan for patients with severely calcified coronary arteries.
Zacks. Wednesday, 5 Apr 2023.
- Opinion: My pregnancy caused crushing pain. Why didn't my doctors think that was a problem?
As a Black woman, I'm used to doctors not taking my pain seriously. But many physicians
fail to see how they too can internalize racism and misogyny.
Los Angeles Times. Sunday, 26 Mar 2023.
- What is match day? Chicago medical students learn where they will spend residency
The future is bright for these new physicians
and it's clear we have an embarrassment of riches in our medical institutions right here in Chicago, with so many students hoping to match here in the city.
ABC News. Friday, 17 Mar 2023.
- Federal judge shares date of abortion pill hearing after media outlets criticize him for secrecy
A coalition of physicians
who oppose abortion asked the judge in November to order the FDA to withdraw its approval of the abortion pill mifepristone.
CNBC. Monday, 13 Mar 2023.
- North Carolina lawmakers intervene to defend abortion pill restrictions in case testing FDA power
A North Carolina physician
sued the state in January to block its restrictions on mifepristone because they go beyond FDA regulations.
CNBC. Friday, 10 Mar 2023.
Physicians & Surgeons News Headlines and News Summaries