This Physician news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about physicians from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chicago born and trained doctor created "cesspool of deviancy" at Ohio State University
Dr. Richard Strauss, a sports physician at Ohio State University, sexually abused 177 male students during a span of almost two decades according to the new investigation.
ABC News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Suit: Practice, hospital covered for pedophile pediatrician
A civil suit says a Pennsylvania pediatric practice knew that one of its physicians was a threat to molest young patients but did nothing to protect them
ABC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- New Doctors Flooded With Job Offers, Mostly At Hospitals
Final-year medical resident physicians are headed for hospital employment and other locations where they will work for somebody else rather than start their careers as independent physicians, Merritt Hawkins says in a new survey.
Forbes. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Doctor Sentenced to 13 Years for Role in 'Pill Mill' Scheme
A physician who oversaw the illegal prescription of hundreds of thousands of pills was sentenced to 13 years in federal prison, U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Texas Erin Nealy Cox announced Monday. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Dr. Arthur Zitrin, Bioethicist and Death Penalty Foe, Dies at 101
An authority on bioethics at New York University for decades, Dr. Zitrin sought to discipline physicians who assisted in executions by lethal injection.
New York Times. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- 5 more ex-students sue Ohio State claiming abuse by doctor
Five more former Ohio State University students who claim they were abused by a former university physician and team doctor have sued the school.
Fox News. Saturday, 11 May 2019.
- Nurse practitioners say they want to do more in rural areas
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - When you go to a doctor's office for a stomachache, sore throat or back pain, it's becoming more likely that the person treating you won't be a physician but a nurse practitioner. Even Dr. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 11 May 2019.
- Brainstorm Health: Free HIV Medication, J&J Ketamine Drug Price, Physician Suicide
Brainstorm Health: Free HIV Medication, J&J Ketamine Drug Price, Physician Suicide
Yahoo. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Experts share facts about physician suicide
(Reuters Health) - Suicide is the only cause of death that is higher among doctors than the general population, according to two Canadian physicians who coauthored an information sheet about physician suicide.
Reuters. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Discover Your Inner Drive
IntercityHotel GmbH Managing Director Joachim Marusczyk has launched a cooperation agreement with the sports physician Dr. Matthias Marquardt in order to be able to enable hotel guests to enjoy an active stay. ...
Hsyndicate. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Sex DOESN'T have to hurt: Doctor reveals 10 things to get through menopause
One in four women will experience debilitating side-effects that can last up to 15 years. Dr Sarah Brewer, a physician and medical nutritionist in the UK, lays out her top tips to making it through.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Toronto man who murdered physician wife sentenced to life without parole for 14 years
Mohammed Shamji was sentenced Thursday to life in prison with no chance of parole for 14 years after pleading guilty to murdering his wife, family physician Elana Fric, whose body was found stuffed in a suitcase.
CBC News. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- U.S. government website for comparing doctors lacks data on most MDs
(Reuters Health) - Physician Compare, a U.S. website created to help patients find high-quality doctors, is missing so much information on individual providers that it may not be helpful, a new study suggests.
Reuters. Monday, 6 May 2019.
- Time To Stop Labeling Physicians As Providers
Here is the impact of using the term health care provider.
Forbes. Sunday, 5 May 2019.
- Why a Nova Scotia doctor is fighting back against sick notes
Dr. Paul Young says some companies demand he fill out a two-page form for absences that are two days or longer. Some ask that the Bedford, N.S., physician include copies of up to three months of a patient's chart.
CBC News. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
Physician wearing a mask
Related Directory Page(s)
Physicians & Surgeons News Headlines and News Summaries