This Physician news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about physicians from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Pelosi's office calls GOP leader McCarthy 'moronic' for objecting to House mask mandate
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said that the House will adhere to the mask mandate recommended by the Capitol Physician's office, and called House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy a "moron" for opposing the mandate.
CNBC. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Capitol Physician Reimposes House Mask Mandate After CDC Releases New Guidance
Dr. Brian P. Monahan warned lawmakers may be denied entry or fined for refusing to mask up in and around the House chamber.
Forbes. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- The Most Influential Spreader of Coronavirus Misinformation Online
Researchers and regulators say Joseph Mercola, an osteopathic physician, creates and profits from misleading claims about Covid-19 vaccines.
New York Times. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Former White House physician said he believes Biden will be forced to resign over fitness
House Rep. Ronny Jackson (left), who served as the top White House physician
under the Obama and Trump administrations, predicted President Biden (right) won't finish his term.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Humanizing Healthcare: A Model For Consumer-Based Care
Dr. Summer Knight, paramedic-turned-physician executive and Deloitte Managing Director, explains an improved and compassionate model in her new book Humanizing Healthcare.
Forbes. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- UK doctors call for flu testing as Covid threatens to coincide with influenza epidemic
have warned a resurgence of respiratory viruses could be about to increase pressure on healthcare services.
CNBC. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Editorial: Put non-physicians in charge of the state medical board
The state board, entrusted with crucial decisions over which physicians
are fit to practice in California, has bitterly disappointed many. More transparency and public control would help.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- NHS faces shortage of doctors as rising number of medics want to work part-time, experts warn
A poll by the Royal College of Physicians
(RCP) found 56 per cent of trainees were considering working only part time - sparking fears there will be too few.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 4 Jul 2021.
- Dozens of deaths blamed on extreme heat as U.S. coasts bake
Those with preexisting conditions are more at risk in extreme heat, said an emergency medicine physician.
CBS News. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- Dr. Nicole Saphier: Let's pause COVID vaccination for our kids -- here's my take as a physician and mother
Without sufficient safety data and the parallel drop in MIS-C cases, I remain unconvinced on the utility of universal vaccination for COVID-19 in children right now.
Fox News. Wednesday, 16 Jun 2021.
- House Lifts Mask Mandate for Fully Vaccinated Individuals
House officials distributed new guidelines issued by the attending physician
of Congress, which preserves mask requirements for the unvaccinated.
New York Times. Sunday, 13 Jun 2021.
- Face masks no longer required on House floor for members fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Face masks are no longer required on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives for individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19, the Office of the Attending Physician
stated Friday. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 12 Jun 2021.
- Masks no longer required on House floor, after GOP outrage over continued requirement
Masks are no longer required on the House floor for fully vaccinated individuals, after the Office of the Attending Physician
released updated guidelines on Friday.
Fox News. Friday, 11 Jun 2021.
- Husband-and-wife military doctors gunned down in front yard
Two suspects have been apprehended in the killings of an active-duty service member and his wife, both of whom were military physicians.
ABC News. Friday, 28 May 2021.
- Iowa bans school officials and local jurisdictions from requiring face masks
Iowa has joined several other states in banning school officials and local jurisdictions from enacting mask mandates. Dr. Owais Durrani, an emergency medicine physician, joins CBSN to discuss the impact of that decision.
CBS News. Sunday, 23 May 2021.
Physicians & Surgeons News Headlines and News Summaries