This Physician news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about physicians from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- New York state is running 1,000 genome tests per week to look for new Covid variants
New York is running about 1,000 genome tests per week to look for new, more infectious Covid variants, the state's chief physician, Howard Zucker, said Friday.
CNBC. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- Idaho doctor will trial after admitting he impregnated patients with his own sperm
Kelli Rowlette, 39, filed a lawsuit against Dr Gerald E Mortimer (left and right) in 2018 after an Ancestry.com DNA test identified the 77-year-old Idaho Falls physician
as her biological father.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Covid in Scotland: GPs 'frustrated' with vaccine supply
said practices are ready to deliver the vaccine but cannot plan due to "bumpy" supply.
BBC News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Documentary Calls Out Stereotypes, Issues Urgent Call-To-Action For A Black Male Physician Pipeline
The documentary "Black Men in White Coats" advocates for a stronger Black male physician
pipeline to better serve Black communities and reduce healthcare disparities. ...
Forbes. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
- Dr. Harold Bornstein, Trump's eccentric former personal physician, dies at 73
Dr. Harold N. Bornstein, the Manhattan-based former physician
to Donald Trump, was 73 at the time of his death, which was revealed in a paid notice published in The New York Times on Thursday.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- In a pandemic, health care positions top "Best Jobs" list
Offering excellent pay, physician
assistant leads U.S. News and World Report's annual ranking of the best jobs in America.
CBS News. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Doctor's Death After Getting the Covid Vaccine Is Investigated
A Florida physician
developed an unusual blood disorder shortly after he received the Pfizer vaccine. It is not yet known if the shot is linked to the illness.
New York Times. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- US Lawmakers Likely Exposed to Coronavirus During Riot Lockdown, Official Warns
On January 6, many members of the House community shared one room for protective isolation, according to congressional physician; some Republican lawmakers were not wearing masks.
Voice of America. Sunday, 10 Jan 2021.
- COVID-19 exposure possible for congressional members during Capitol riot, physician says
One member already announced he was COVID-positive prior to the riots, but he reportedly did not return to the floor.
Fox News. Sunday, 10 Jan 2021.
- Members of Congress possibly exposed to COVID-19 during siege on Capitol
The attending physician
to for members of the U.S. Congress has advised lawmakers to get tested for COVID-19 due to possible exposure during the siege on the Capitol.
ABC News. Sunday, 10 Jan 2021.
- How medical schools can transform curriculums to undo racial biases
Medical school curriculums may misuse race and play a role in perpetuating physician
bias, a team of researchers found in an analysis of curriculum from the preclinical phase of medical education.
Science Daily. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- More women embracing 'going flat' after mastectomy
A growing number of women forgoing reconstruction after a mastectomy say they're satisfied with their choice, even as some did not feel supported by their physician, according to a new study.
Science Daily. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- In Minority Communities, Doctors Are Changing Minds About Vaccination
Many Black and Hispanic Americans mistrust government officials, and instead have turned to physicians
they have long known.
New York Times. Friday, 1 Jan 2021.
- Novavax COVID-19 Phase 3 Trial in North Texas
A Plano research physician
is participating in the Phase 3 trials for the Novavax COVID-19 vaccine.
NBC. Tuesday, Dec 29 2020.
- Congress to receive COVID-19 vaccine
The Capitol physician
announced the vaccine rollout for lawmakers and essential members on Capitol Hill on Thursday evening, urging members to vaccinate. In a memo released Thursday night, Dr. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
Physicians & Surgeons News Headlines and News Summaries