This Physician news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about physicians from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Results of Trump physical revealed
The president's physician
released details about Trump's first physical in office Tuesday. CBS News medical contributor Dr. Tara Narula sat down with "CBS Evening News" anchor Jeff Glor to discuss the briefing.
CBS News. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Diet has big impact on healthy aging
Healthy eating is an essential step towards living a long and active life. Dr. Jeffrey Morrison, a physician
and nutritionist at the Morrison Center in New York City, spoke to CBSN about the importance of a balanced diet as you age.
CBS News. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- How This Health Tech Entrepreneur Aims to Bring Quality Healthcare to Patients' Homes
The founder and CEO of ZiphyCare shares how her digital health company is bringing physicians
to patients' homes with the help of state-of-the-art technologies.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Strong New Drugs Sales to Aid AbbVie's (ABBV) Q1 Earnings
AbbVie (ABBV) is expected to have witnessed a recovery in demand trends for new drugs amid improving global economies. However, resurgence of COVID-19 cases is likely to have hurt sales of physician-administered drugs.
Zacks. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Covid India: Second wave 'far more infectious and probably far more deadly'
Dr Zarir Udwadia, a physician
in hard-hit Mumbai and an advisor to the Indian government, also lashed out at minister's 'complacency' and called on countries to donate vaccines.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Could 1960s Smallpox Vaccination Strategies Help Eradicate Covid Today?
Dr. Mark Kortepeter, a physician
and biodefense expert, discusses the concept of ring vaccination, which focuses on inoculating the contacts of people who test positive, rather than the entire population.
Forbes. Monday, 26 Apr 2021.
- Meet the Black Physicians Bringing Covid Vaccines to Hard-Hit Philadelphia Communities
The Black Doctors Covid-19 Consortium is leveraging their medical expertise and connections to provide testing and vaccines where measures are most needed
Smithsonian. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- Medics including Alexei Navalny's personal doctor are again denied access to prison
Alexei Navalny has been on hunger strike over his treatment in the prison since March 31. He is demanding a visit by his personal physician
over back pain but the request has so far been denied.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- How Tyler Ornstein Reinvented Coffee With An Acid-Free Blend He Grew Into An Eight-Figure Business
When Tyler Ornstein was 14 years old, his father was diagnosed with diverticulitis and told by a physician
he could never drink coffee again.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Apr 2021.
- Cardiologist: Floyd Did Not Die from Heart Attack or Drug Overdose
says that had Floyd not been pinned to the ground by a policeman, 'he would have survived that day'
Voice of America. Monday, 12 Apr 2021.
- LIVE UPDATES: Derek Chauvin trial continues Monday
Prosecutors are questioning Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo. Dr. Bradford Langenfeld, emergency room physician
who treated George Floyd on May 25, 2020, testified earlier Monday.
Fox News. Monday, 5 Apr 2021.
- Michael Bennett, Small-Town Doctor Who Pushed for Masks, Dies at 52
His death leaves only one family physician
in Greenfield, Mo. He died of complications of Covid-19.
New York Times. Friday, 2 Apr 2021.
- Russian Physicians Demand Prison Medical Assistance For Navalny
Hundreds of Russian physicians
have demanded authorities provide immediate medical assistance to jailed opposition politician Aleksei Navalny amid growing concerns over the state of his health.
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021.
- Boehringer Ingelheim Adopts Veeva's (VEEV) CRM Solution
Veeva's (VEEV) CRM Engage Meeting enables Boehringer Ingelheim to host more than a million virtual meetings to stay connected with physicians.
Zacks. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
- Lingering Covid symptoms pose 'really serious problem,' researcher says
Researcher David Putrino said the prevalence of long Covid is changing how physicians
treat patients, even for routine complaints.
CNBC. Wednesday, 24 Mar 2021.
Physicians & Surgeons News Headlines and News Summaries