This Physician news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about physicians from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Astros cancel workout after staff member "potentially exposed" to person with virus
"We are working closely with MLB and our team physicians
to follow the established testing and cleaning protocols so that we can safely bring our players and staff back to the field as soon as possible."
CBS News. Saturday, 11 Jul 2020.
- Physicians give first comprehensive review of COVID-19's effects outside the lung
Based on their experience treating COVID-19, physicians
have assembled critical information about the coronavirus's effects on organs outside the lungs.
Science Daily. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Immunity check at sporting events could ensure safety of those attending: report
When sports finally emerge from their slumber, one physician
believes proof of immunity can eventually be a way to ensure the safety of those who attend certain arenas.
Fox News. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Medtronic's LINQ II ICM Gets Multiple Regulatory Approvals
Medtronic's (MDT) FDA and CE Mark-approved LINQ II ICM enables physicians
to optimize device settings via remote programming, without requiring patients' in-office visits.
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- LabCorp Launches At-Home Coronavirus Test Collection Kit
LabCorp (LH) claims this to be the first digital COVID-19 service that physicians
can use to remotely diagnose patients before any surgery or procedure.
Zacks. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Black people share their experiences of racial bias in health care
Thousands of people of color have shared their own accounts on social media of doctors dismissing their pain or making racist remarks, or of having near-death experiences because physicians
did not give proper treatment. ...
CBS News. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Giant leap in diagnosing liver disease
Scientists have created a novel microbiome-based diagnostic tool that, with the accuracy of the best physicians, quickly and inexpensively identifies liver fibrosis and cirrhosis over 90 percent of the time in human patients. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- NHS heart, stomach and arthritis patients face treatment delays for up to TWO YEARS
Almost half of heart, stomach and other specialists will be working at reduced levels for the next 12 months, according to the Royal College of Physicians.
Daily Mail. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Los Angeles doctor pleads not guilty to sexually assaulting co-worker and at least three other women
Anshul M. Gandhi, 34, an emergency room physician
who worked at Cedars-Sinai, pleaded not guilty on Monday in Los Angeles. He's been charged with four counts of felony sexual battery.
Daily Mail. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Cook Children's Hospital Physicians Share Their Reasons for Wearing Masks
More than two dozen physicians
from Cook Children's physicians
share why they wear their masks in a new social media video.
NBC. Saturday, Jun 27 2020.
- Arlington Doctor, Two Others Charged With Drug Distribution Conspiracy, Fraud
Clint Battle and his nurse practitioner, Donna Green, were charged with conspiracy to distribute controlled substances.
NBC. Friday, Jun 26 2020.
- Wearing A Mask Is A Sign Of Mutual Respect During The Coronavirus Pandemic
Dr. Mark Smolinski, an infectious disease physician
and president of Ending Pandemics, explains why wearing a mask both helps to stop the spread of Covid-19 and shows respect for others.
Forbes. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Doctors Are Making House Calls Again Through the Heal App
The service, which is available in seven states and Washington, D.C., dispatches physicians
to diagnose and treat patients who would prefer not to visit a walk-in clinic.
Mental Floss. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- George Floyd Protests Add New Front Line for Coronavirus Doctors
wish to show solidarity at the demonstrations, but some fear a second wave of infection will follow.
New York Times. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- Malaria drug no longer approved to treat COVID-19
The Food and Drug Administration has revoked permission for physicians
to use a drug touted and self-administered by President Donald Trump to treat COVID-19.
ABC News. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
Physicians & Surgeons News Headlines and News Summaries