This Physical Therapy news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about physical therapy and physical therapist news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Lawyers fired after board criticized for sex assault claims
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - Two attorneys for Louisiana's physical therapist licensing board are being fired after withering criticism from state lawmakers over the board's handling of sexual misconduct cases. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Stroke patients receive different amounts of physical therapy
Medicare-covered stroke patients receive vastly different amounts of physical and occupational therapy during hospital stays despite evidence that such care is strongly associated with positive health outcomes, a new study found.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- Osteopath who used a treatment room to carry out a sexual relationship with patient is struck off
Michael Kern, from Highgate, London, was a renowned physical therapist and had previously penned a book about the importance of maintaining boundaries with patients.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 11 Apr 2019.
- Off-the-shelf smart fabric helps athletic coaching and physical therapy
A welcome advancement to enhance performance and rehabilitation as baseball season heats up.
Science Daily. Monday, 8 Apr 2019.
- Here's How Much Money Physical Therapists Earn In Every State
With new data available, find out which states pay physical therapists and the most and which ones pay the least.
Forbes. Thursday, 4 Apr 2019.
- Your AI Physical Therapist Will Make You Better, Faster
Your AI physical therapist will see you now.
Forbes. Wednesday, 6 Mar 2019.
- Stand-Up Comedian Chris Distefano's Journey From Physical Therapist to Professional Joke Maker
The Brooklyn-born comic reveals the secret of 'bombing gracefully.'
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 14 Feb 2019.
- Physical Therapy by Video Is Hot New Trend
Experts predict that the digital health market is going to be the hottest trend this year and that by 2020 the industry is expected to generate $206 billion.The latest hot sector of digital health is physical therapy. ...
Newsmax. Monday, 28 Jan 2019.
- Lawsuit: Wyoming boss required Scientology for employee
Julie A. Rohrbacher filed a lawsuit in federal court Dec. 17 against Teton Therapy, a group of physical therapy offices in four Wyoming locations, owned by Jeff McMenamy (pictured).
Daily Mail. Sunday, 23 Dec 2018.
- Sixers Guard Markelle Fultz Out Indefinitely With Nerve Disorder
The No. 1 pick in the 2017 draft will receive physical therapy for neurogenic thoracic outlet syndrome, an issue more associated with baseball players.
New York Times. Wednesday, 5 Dec 2018.
- NBA notebook: Fultz diagnosed with nerve condition
Philadelphia 76ers guard Markelle Fultz has been diagnosed with a nerve condition and will be sidelined indefinitely as he undergoes physical therapy, the team announced Tuesday.
Reuters. Tuesday, 4 Dec 2018.
- How to Relieve a Tension Headache in 10 Seconds, According to a Physical Therapist
You don't even need to leave your desk.
Mental Floss. Monday, 12 Nov 2018.
- Zika in Africa: Rare birth defect on the rise in Angola
Emiliano Cula starts to cry as his tiny fingers, curled into a tight fist, are stretched by a physical therapist to stimulate motor control.
Reuters. Wednesday, 17 Oct 2018.
- Health insurers look for ways to cut costs for back surgery
Back surgery is one of the most overused types of surgery and back pain is the most common ailment that sends patients to doctors, chiropractors and physical therapists. More than $90 billion a year is spent on low-back pain alone.
Modern Healthcare. Monday, 27 Aug 2018.
- Back pain patients get fast therapy with St. Luke's spine program
St. Luke's University Health Network has created a new program that ensures patients with lower back pain get access to physical therapy within 48 hours to prevent chronic back pain that can lead to surgery and opioid dependency.
Modern Healthcare. Wednesday, 1 Aug 2018.
Physical therapy session
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries