This Physical Therapy news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about physical therapy and physical therapist news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Fort Worth Woman Uses Physical Therapy in Place of Opioids
Alternatives to powerful narcotics can help patients pursue a pain-free life without the use of prescription pain drugs. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- U.S. Physical Therapy (USPH) Q2 Earnings Meet Estimates
U.S. Physical Therapy
(USPH) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 0.00% and 1.17%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2019. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- U.S. Physical Therapy (USPH) Reports Next Week: Wall Street Expects Earnings Growth
U.S. Physical Therapy
(USPH) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Girl contracts flesh-eating bacteria during vacation in Florida
Kylei Brown now faces surgeries, treatments and weeks of physical therapy
so she can walk again
CBS News. Friday, 28 Jun 2019.
- New Jersey student fatally hit by car 6 months before completing doctorate: report
A New Jersey girl who was six months from completing a doctorate in physical therapy
at the University of Delaware and one day from her 24th birthday was fatally hit by a car while crossing a highway last week, according to reports.
Fox News. Thursday, 27 Jun 2019.
- Husband of hiker who spun 174 TIMES during helicopter rescue says she did 'deep-breathing exercises'
George Metro said that his wife, 74-year-old Katalin Metro, is still recovering after she fell at Piestewa Peak on Tuesday. Katalin is 'too dizzy' to even do physical therapy
for her injured leg.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 Jun 2019.
- Federal pain management task force emphasizes opioid alternatives
The task force laid out a multidisciplinary approach to pain management that includes opioids but also behavioral and physical therapy
as well as other treatments like massages and minimally invasive procedures.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 30 May 2019.
- Stroke patients receive different amounts of physical therapy
Medicare-covered stroke patients receive vastly different amounts of physical and occupational therapy during hospital stays despite evidence that such care is strongly associated with positive health outcomes, a new study found.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- Osteopath who used a treatment room to carry out a sexual relationship with patient is struck off
Michael Kern, from Highgate, London, was a renowned physical therapist
and had previously penned a book about the importance of maintaining boundaries with patients.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 11 Apr 2019.
- Off-the-shelf smart fabric helps athletic coaching and physical therapy
A welcome advancement to enhance performance and rehabilitation as baseball season heats up.
Science Daily. Monday, 8 Apr 2019.
- Here's How Much Money Physical Therapists Earn In Every State
With new data available, find out which states pay physical therapists and the most and which ones pay the least.
Forbes. Thursday, 4 Apr 2019.
- Your AI Physical Therapist Will Make You Better, Faster
Your AI physical therapist
will see you now.
Forbes. Wednesday, 6 Mar 2019.
- How to Relieve a Tension Headache in 10 Seconds, According to a Physical Therapist
You don't even need to leave your desk.
Mental Floss. Monday, 12 Nov 2018.
- New tech 'rewires' brain to help stroke patients regain use of their arms
Nerve stimulation that boosts the effects of physical therapy
may help stroke patients regain arm use. A clinical trial is still recruiting volunteers.
Fox News. Friday, 18 May 2018.
News Headlines and News Summaries