This Phone news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about phones from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Man, 26, who triggered a bomb scare in New York is arrested
Larry Kenton Griffin II, 26, was apprehended by cops in the early hours of the morning in the Bronx, with cell phone
footage from the scene also showing officer taking a shopping cart into evidence.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Kashmir's communications partially restored, says India
services are slowly being reinstated, but internet and mobile phone
services remain suspended.
BBC News. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Best phones under $500: Pixel 3A XL, Galaxy A50, Moto G7 and more - CNET
If you're looking for a phone
on a budget, check out CNET's top 12 picks.
CNET. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- MoneyWatch: Stocks surge after U.S. delays new China tariffs
The Dow jumped nearly 400 points, or 1.5%, after a U.S. trade representative said tariffs on Chinese imports like cellphones and laptops will be delayed until later this year.
CBS News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- How to Safeguard Personal Information on Health Apps
Relying on smartphone apps for health-related concerns is almost a matter of course these days, from step trackers to weight-loss programs, even those that help you remember to take your medication.
NBC. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Jeffrey Epstein kept a taxidermied tiger and small poodle in home office of his NYC mansion
The new photographs were allegedly taken on a cellphone at an unknown date by a hedge fund trader who wanted to make an investment pitch to Epstein and was let into his home office
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- US President Donald Trump phones supporter he 'fat-shamed'
At a rally in New Hampshire, the president misdirected his ire at a man he believed to be supporting a group of protesters.
BBC News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Micron Taps 5G Opportunities With New DRAM for Smartphones
Micron's (MU) LPDDR4X will help the company stay ahead in the industry's transition to 1z nanometer node.
Zacks. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Apple software hints at September 10 announcement for the next iPhone
An image in Apple's iOS 13 beta release to developers could offer a clue to its fall event date where it is expected to announce its newest iPhones.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Samsung Galaxy A91 could be first smartphone to offer 108MP camera sensor in 2020
Samsung recently announced 108-megapixel and 64-megapixel phone
camera sensors, but only the sensors themselves were released, rather than any information
Pocket Lint. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Samsung Display considers suspending output at South Korean LCD plant
Rising competition from Chinese rivals, a shift to more advanced OLED panels and slowing demand for smartphones have led to falling off take and weak prices of LCD panels for South Korean display makers.
CNBC. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- The iOS 13 beta may have just revealed when the next iPhone will launch
Apple may have mistakenly revealed the unveiling date and the release date for its next iPhone, aka the iPhone 11.The company released iOS 13 beta 7 to
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- India's Modi Defends Moves In Kashmir As Lockdown Continues
India has split the state into two territories and shut off phone, Internet and cable TV service in the disputed region since early August.
NPR. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Washington state trooper finds driver playing 'Pokemon Go' on 8 phones
This driver clearly wanted to catch them all.
Fox News. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Cricket Australia Gives The Community Game A Digital Overhaul
Australian cricket's head of technology explains why he won't rest until volunteers can do everything from their smartphone.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries