This Pharmacist news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about pharmacist and pharmacy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- CVS Stock Jumps 7% After Strong Earnings: What's Next for the Pharmacy Giant?
CVS (CVS) reported its Q2 earnings results Wednesday morning and beat our estimates by 11%.
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- WSJ: Medical Schools Under Pressure to Incorporate Climate-Related Content
A handful of medical, nursing and pharmacy
schools are facing pressure from doctors, industry organizations and students to incorporate climate-change-related topics into their curriculum, The Wall Street Journal ...
Newsmax. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- CVS Health (CVS) Beats on Q2 Earnings, Raises '19 Guidance
CVS Health's (CVS) second-quarter top-line growth in Pharmacy
Services segment is backed by an uptick in specialty services.
Zacks. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Walgreens Adds 200 Stores To Growing Global Closure List
Walgreens Boots Alliance will close another 200 Walgreens drugstores in the U.S. on top of the 200 Boots pharmacies the global retail pharmacy
chain already said it would shutter in the United Kingdom.
Forbes. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Amazon's PillPack is battling with CVS and Walgreens over getting patient prescriptions
Amazon's PillPack unit is battling CVS and Walgreens over requests to transfer patients to its mail-delivery pharmacy
CNBC. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Express Scripts Boosts Cigna As Employers Stick With Larger Insurer
Cigna said clients are sticking with the health insurer and its newly acquired pharmacy
benefit manager Express Scripts heading into 2020 and beyond.
Forbes. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Woman allegedly impersonated a pharmacist, dispensed 745k prescriptions
Kim Thien Le is accused of dispensing the prescriptions over the course of 10 months in different Walgreens pharmacies in Northern California.
ABC News. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Azar unveils plan to import prescription drugs
The Trump administration warned the pharmaceutical industry that new regulations are coming to allow pharmacists, wholesalers and others to import certain drugs into the U.S. for sale.
Modern Healthcare. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Trump administration outlines plan to allow the US to import cheaper drugs from Canada
States, wholesalers and pharmacists, acting as intermediaries for consumers, would draft a proposal for safe importation of prescription drugs already available in the U.S.
CNBC. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- U.S. presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders joins 'insulin caravan' to Windsor, Ont.
The U.S. presidential hopeful joined 15 Americans living with Type 1 diabetes as they purchased insulin from a Windsor, Ont., pharmacy
Sunday for a fraction of the U.S. price.
CBC News. Sunday, 28 Jul 2019.
- People with sore throats and headaches will be sent to pharmacists instead of doctors
The UK's Department of Health and Social Care has announced NHS 111 will start directing patients with easily manageable symptoms to pharmacists in a drive to give them more responsibility.
Daily Mail. Monday, 22 Jul 2019.
- Drug company, four people indicted in U.S. painkiller probe
An Ohio-based wholesale drug distributor that's been linked before to the opioid drug crisis has been charged in a painkiller pill distribution conspiracy case. Two former executives and two pharmacists have also been charged.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 18 Jul 2019.
- UTI home-testing app to help women trialled by NHS
The app guides users through a urine test and allows the results to be analysed online by a pharmacist
BBC News. Thursday, 18 Jul 2019.
- Black woman recalls how white CVS pharmacist called cops on her
Kendriana Washington who live streamed the moment a white CVS pharmacist
called the police on her because of the tone of her voice has spoken to DailyMail.com about the ordeal.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 18 Jul 2019.
- Pharmacy support workers in Tayside vote to strike
The Unite union say staff in Tayside will stage "continuous" strike action in a pay dispute.
BBC News. Saturday, 13 Jul 2019.
Pharmacists News Headlines and News Summaries