This Pharmacist news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about pharmacist and pharmacy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- CVS apologizes after transgender woman says she was denied hormone prescription
"kept asking, loudly and in front of other CVS staff and customers, why I was given the prescriptions," the woman wrote
CBS News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Cigna (CI) Q1 Earnings Beat Mark, Rise Y/Y on Revenue Gains
Cigna's (CI) Q1 results reflect higher pharmacy
revenues, and fees and other income.
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Pharmacist in San Juan working to get medication to people in shelters
For Hurricane Maria's victims in Puerto Rico, medicine is in short supply, in addition to food and water. CBS News chief medical correspondent Dr. Jon LaPook reports on the work to aid the medical crisis in San Juan.
CBS News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Magellan Health's (MGLN) Q1 Earnings Beat Mark, Improve Y/Y
Magellan Health's (MGLN) Q1 results reflect better performances by its Heathcare and Pharmacy
Zacks. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Dementia sufferer, 74, gets two AstraZeneca Covid jabs in FIVE DAYS
EXCLUSIVE: The grandmother, who lives in supported housing, got her first AstraZeneca dose on January 23 at Woolwich Late Night Pharmacy
. But five days later she got her second in Greenwich.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Pharmacist dies after falling 250 feet from overlook at Tallulah Gorge State Park in Georgia
Nancy Moore Smith, 58, of Blue Ridge, was visiting the Tullulah Gorge State Park on Thursday when she fell off Overlook 2, according to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 25 Apr 2021.
- 'Superman' pharmacist races to vaccinate community
A Skippack, Pennsylvania pharmacist
dressed as Superman is vaccinating the community against COVID-19 before the birth of his first child.
ABC News. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- COVID vaccine mix-up at Aurora Mariano's results in 8 getting Pfizer shot instead of Moderna
A major vaccine mix-up at the Aurora Mariano's pharmacy
resulted in eight people getting the wrong vaccine for their 2nd dose.
ABC News. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Inside the felt pharmacy
Lucy Sparrow's latest artwork is a chemist's and is her first UK show in five years.
BBC News. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- If you got the Pfizer vaccine 'probably' you will need a third dose, says CEO of the pharmaceutical company
Did you think you were already protected? The pharmacist
is considering applying a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine, since they do not know exactly how long it will take effect.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- Pharmacist says get vaccinated despite brother's death
Alison Astles encourages vaccine uptake despite brother's death from blood clot, saying he was "extraordinarily unlucky."
BBC News. Thursday, 8 Apr 2021.
- Walgreens Not Following U.S. Guidance on Pfizer Vaccine Spacing
After complaints from customers and the C.D.C., the pharmacy
chain will start scheduling doses three weeks apart.
New York Times. Monday, 5 Apr 2021.
- First Saint John Cathedral to Host Their 2nd Vaccination Clinic
First Saint John Cathedral has partnered up with Albertsons Pharmacy
to host a vaccination clinic on Wednesday, March 31. Those 18 and older can go get vaccinated on Wednesday from 9 a.m. ...
NBC. Saturday, Mar 27 2021.
- Potential cancer causing hand sanitizers found by online pharmacy
A new report is warning Americans to avoid a list of hand sanitizers that are contaminated with benzene, a toxic chemical known to cause cancer.
Fox News. Wednesday, 24 Mar 2021.
- Uber Expands Prescription Delivery Business
Uber is expanding deeper into the prescription delivery business by partnering with the software firm ScriptDrop and its relationships with pharmacy
Forbes. Wednesday, 24 Mar 2021.
Pharmacists News Headlines and News Summaries