This Pharmacist news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about pharmacist and pharmacy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Kansas pharmacies gear up for expanded COVID-19 rollout
KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) - Hundreds, potentially thousands, of pharmacy
workers could inject vaccines into the arms of Kansans in the coming months. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 23 Jan 2021.
- Nearly 2,000 doses of Moderna vaccine are spoiled after cleaner accidentally unplugs freezer
Staff at the Veteran Affairs Boston Pharmacy
found out Tuesday that a freezer at the Jamaica Plain campus failed, a spokesperson confirmed. The failure ruined 1,900 doses of the vaccine.
Daily Mail. Friday, 22 Jan 2021.
- 'Pharmacy of the World will deliver': India begins COVID-19 vaccine exports
India has begun exporting COVID-19 vaccines to neighboring countries with the first batches being shipped Wednesday to Bhutan, Maldives, Bangladesh, Nepal and Seychelles.
ABC News. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Sister of murdered pharmacist Jessica Patel tells of husband's crocodile tears
Jessica Patel, 34, was strangled by her husband Mitesh at their Middlesbrough home in May 2018 in a premeditated attack.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- The Future Of Work Now: Pharmacists And The Robotic Pharmacy At Stanford Health Care
systems at Stanford Healthcare's new hospital have dramatically changed the jobs of pharmacists and pharmacy
Forbes. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Board suspends license of Wisconsin pharmacist suspected of trying to spoil COVID-19 vaccines
A state board on Wednesday suspended the license of a Wisconsin pharmacist
accused of ruining more than 500 doses of COVID-19 vaccine because he thought it was unsafe.
Fox News. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Bruce Willis Speaks Out After Reportedly Being Kicked Out Of Pharmacy For Not Wearing A Face Mask
'It was an error in judgment'
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- After Unused Vaccines Are Thrown in Trash, Cuomo Loosens Rules
Now, employees who interact with the public, including pharmacy
cashiers, qualify. It was the second time in two days that the state amended its rules.
New York Times. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Walgreens shares rise after its earnings top estimates, fueled by higher drug sales
Walgreens said its pharmacy
sales picked up in the U.S. as it filled more prescriptions, but it continued to have less foot traffic during the Covid pandemic.
CNBC. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- Equitable vaccine access emerges as next challenge amid slow rollout
Local leaders worry communities that lack access to pharmacy
services will be left out.
CBS News. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Will Walgreens Boots' (WBA) Retail Arm Be Dull in Q1 Earnings?
Walgreens Boots' (WBA) retail pharmacy
international sales are likely to remain dull in Q1 on difficult market scenario in the United Kingdom.
Zacks. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Pharmacist allegedly had false belief vaccine would change DNA
Steven Brandenburg is accused of spoiling more than 500 doses of the Moderna vaccine by leaving vials out of the refrigerator overnight.
CBS News. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Pharmacist sabotaged vaccines because he thought they were 'unsafe,' police say
who allegedly tampered with Moderna vaccines believed they were unsafe and harmed patients, a newly released court document revealed.
ABC News. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- Amazon plots a course into the healthcare industry
Amazon has moved into the pharmacy
business and analysts see further moves into healthcare.
BBC News. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- Pharmacist Accused of Tampering With Vaccine Was Conspiracy Theorist, Police Say
The police say a Wisconsin pharmacist
believed the Moderna vaccine would harm people and tried to sabotage the effort to vaccinate frontline workers.
New York Times. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
Pharmacists News Headlines and News Summaries