This Pharmacist news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about pharmacist and pharmacy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- CVS to hire thousands of pharmacy techs as it prepares for more Covid-19 cases, rollout of vaccine
More than 10,000 of the new hires will be full-time and part-time pharmacy
technicians who can help dispense medications and administer Covid-19 tests.
CNBC. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- CVS Health To Hire 15,000 Pharmacy Workers As Seasonal Flu And Covid-19 Collide
CVS Health will hire 15,000 full and part-time workers as the company braces for an influx of customer needs during seasonal influenza season and the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Physios and paramedics will be trained to deliver flu and Covid-19 jabs
Currently, only doctors, pharmacists and some nurses are legally allowed to administer vaccines in the UK. But new laws passed today give the ability to more health workers, including physios.
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Humana Adds Retail Pharmacies to Medicare Part D Network
Humana (HUM) adds Kroger Health and its chain of pharmacies to its preferred stand-alone Medicare Part D pharmacy
network, to be effective 2021.
Zacks. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Will Walgreens (WBA) Post Dull Retail Numbers in Q4 Earnings?
Walgreens' (WBA) retail pharmacy
international sales remain dull in Q4 on difficult market scenario in the U.K.
Zacks. Monday, 12 Oct 2020.
- New York Pharmacist Allegedly Sends Cocaine To DEA Investigator In Charge Of Probe Into Business
'One of our own diversion investigators was allegedly targeted simply for doing their job'
Daily Caller. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- PBM Rebates Do Not Cause Higher Medicare Part D Drug Prices
Recent efforts by the Administration and HHS to reduce drug prices by reducing the role of middle men--the pharmacy
benefit managers--are misplaced. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Grandfather died after pharmacy prescribed him TEN times usual pain medication dose, inquest hears
Nicolas Eaton, 55, from Hailsham, East Sussex, was prescribed the wrong amount of methadone by Seaforth Pharmacy
to manage his pain. He was found dead in November 2019 by one of his sons.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- Sticker Shock in the Pharmacy
For chronically ill patients, decisions about whether to pay or go without medications are life-or-death battles that must be fought over and over again.
New York Times. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- Health and Human Services authorizes pharmacists to give children COVID-19 vaccines once available
Parents won't have to worry about getting their children the COVID-19 vaccine under this new authorization.
ABC News. Friday, 11 Sep 2020.
- China approves 1st human trials for COVID-19 nasal spray vaccine
China on Wednesday approved Phase 1 human testing of a COVID-19 nasal spray vaccine being developed by researchers at Xiamen University, Hong Kong University, and vaccine maker Beijing Wantai Biological Pharmacy
Enterprise Co. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 11 Sep 2020.
- Alabama doctor, pharmacist sentenced for health care fraud
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - An Alabama doctor and a pharmacist
have been sentenced in a multi-million dollar health care fraud scheme to bill insurance companies for medically unnecessary drugs, among other charges. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 10 Sep 2020.
- CVS pharmacy workers in Georgia told not to call patients about medication handled by sick employees: report
A CVS spokesman said the instructions did not originate from its corporate office and were not company policy.
Fox News. Tuesday, 1 Sep 2020.
- For people with high blood pressure, telemonitoring may cut heart attack, stroke rate by 50%
Adults with uncontrolled high blood pressure were about half as likely to have serious cardiovascular events in the five years after a pharmacist-led telemonitoring program compared to those receiving routine primary care. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 31 Aug 2020.
- The Reason Pharmacies Are Usually Located in the Back of a Store
There's an excellent reason why pharmacy
locations like CVS and Walgreens make you walk all the way through the store before picking up your antibiotics.
Mental Floss. Friday, 28 Aug 2020.
Pharmacists News Headlines and News Summaries