This Pharmacist news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about pharmacist and pharmacy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- US sanctions Argentina-based online pharmacy
Trump administration is sanctioning Goldpharma, an Argentina-based online pharmacy
ABC News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- A visit to the world's oldest pharmacy
Florence's Santa Maria Novella Pharmacy, which dates back to 1221 when Dominican monks began experimenting with alchemy, is thought to be the oldest apothecary in the world. ...
CBS News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- The world's oldest pharmacy
Rose water was just one creation of the Dominican monks who in the 13th century began experimenting with alchemy at Florence's Santa Maria Novella Pharmacy
CBS News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- CMS' final drug price rule doesn't include price concessions
The final rule aims to boost transparency of drug costs in Medicare Part D, but doesn't include a proposal to pass on price concessions negotiated by the pharmacy to patients.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- The 9 Best Natural Remedies for Seasonal Allergies
Read this before you hit that locked box at the pharmacy.
Yahoo. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- URI pharmacy professor resigns following federal conviction
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, R.I. (AP) - An assistant pharmacy professor at the University of Rhode Island convicted of dispensing drugs without valid prescriptions to defraud or mislead government regulators has resigned. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Here's why Amazon bought PillPack to crack the $500 billion prescription market
Almost a year after buying PillPack for $750 million, Amazon is counting on its CEO, TJ Parker, to drive an aggressive pharmacy strategy.
CNBC. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- The inside story of why Amazon bought PillPack to crack the $500 billion prescription market
Almost a year after buying PillPack for over $750 million, Amazon is counting on its CEO, TJ Parker, to drive an aggressive pharmacy strategy.
CNBC. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- FDA finalizes guidance to spur biosimilar availability
The guidance will help companies develop biosimilars that can be interchanged at the pharmacy without the need to contact a doctor.
Modern Healthcare. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Opioid overdose deaths decline when pharmacists can dispense naloxone
(Reuters Health) - In states where pharmacists were allowed to sell the potentially lifesaving opioid antidote naloxone without a prescription, fewer people died from opioid overdoses, a new U.S. study finds.
Reuters. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- How to safely buy your prescriptions online - CNET
Pharmacy apps sketched me out, until I tried one.
CNET. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- West Virginia lands $37M settlement against drug company for 'massive' pill dumping
McKesson Corporation was sued by West Virginia's attorney general and governor for allegedly dumping millions of opioids into one pharmacy in a small town.
ABC News. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- Cigna: Express Scripts Addition Already Brings Patients Quicker Treatment
Cigna said its acquisition of pharmacy benefit manager Express Scripts is bringing quicker treatments to customers while boosting the combined company's profits.
Forbes. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- CVS Health's (CVS) Q1 Earnings Top Estimates, EPS View Up
Year-over-year growth in CVS Health's (CVS) top line is aided by a strong Pharmacy Services segment, benefiting from the upside in specialty services.
Zacks. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- Amid Opioid Crisis, Walgreens Adds Mental Health Training For Pharmacists
Walgreens plans to increase mental health and substance abuse training for pharmacists and staff at its drugstores amid the U.S. opioid epidemic.
Forbes. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
Pharmacist checking a prescription label
Related Directory Page(s)
Pharmacists News Headlines and News Summaries