This Pharmacist news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about pharmacist and pharmacy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- UnitedHealth quarterly profit beats expectations driven by Optum strength
UnitedHealth reported a 16.5% rise in fourth-quarter profit on Wednesday, helped by strength in its core business that sells health plans as well as its Optum segment, which includes its pharmacy
benefits management unit.
CNBC. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- Ceredigion pharmacist's medicine app 'goes worldwide'
Gary Jones says there are pharmacists and businesses using it in Canada, the US and Australia.
BBC News. Saturday, 11 Jan 2020.
- Pharmacies Counter-Sue Doctors for Opioid Crisis
Responding to lawsuits aimed at them, Ohio pharmacy
chains are pointing the finger back at doctors who prescribed opioids, filing a counter-lawsuit, The Hill reported ...
Newsmax. Wednesday, 8 Jan 2020.
- Walgreens Boots (WBA) Q1 Earnings Lag Estimates, Margins Fall
Sluggishness in Walgreens Boots' (WBA) Retail Pharmacy
International segment and margin contractions put pressure on the bottom line during Q1.
Zacks. Wednesday, 8 Jan 2020.
- Walgreens Boots (WBA) to Post Q1 Earnings: What's in Store?
Higher comparable pharmacy
sales and expanded comparable prescription volume are likely to have aided growth in Walgreens Boots' (WBA) Retail Pharmacy
USA during the first quarter of fiscal 2020.
Zacks. Monday, 6 Jan 2020.
- Utah picks companies, sites for medical marijuana pharmacies
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - Utah health officials plan to award pharmacy
licenses to 10 companies to dispense medical marijuana at 14 sites across the state, a major development in the program's approaching launch. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 4 Jan 2020.
- Annual Ritual Of Drug Price Increases To Get More Political Scrutiny In 2020
While list prices have increased substantially over time, rebates have kept net spending growth by pharmacy
benefit managers and payers in check. ...
Forbes. Saturday, 4 Jan 2020.
- Why Amazon Makes A Big Pharmacy Move In 2020
Amazon is quietly talking to health insurance companies about new ways to integrate online pharmacy
services into medical plans and employer health benefits.
Forbes. Monday, 30 Dec 2019.
- Cigna's Express Scripts and Prime Therapeutics form three-year partnership
Cigna's Express Scripts and Blue Cross and Blue Shield-owned Prime want to leverage the scale of the more than 100 million individuals that the pharmacy
benefit managers serve.
Modern Healthcare. Friday, 20 Dec 2019.
- DOJ accuses CVS, Omnicare of fraudulently billing for illegally dispensed drugs
retail giant CVS Health and its Omnicare business are accused of billing federal health programs for hundreds of thousands of drugs dispensed without prescriptions.
Modern Healthcare. Tuesday, 17 Dec 2019.
- Mothercare names Boots as exclusive UK franchisee
Embattled mother and baby products retailer Mothercare has named Boots, the UK's largest pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer, as its exclusive franchisee in the UK.
Just Style. Monday, 16 Dec 2019.
- Woman sues CVS, alleges she was denied 'morning after' pill
She said two pharmacists refused to fill her prescription because of their "beliefs."
ABC News. Saturday, 14 Dec 2019.
- Woman tears up Target pharmacy in Portland
Oregon woman Ashley Daniel, 21, was arrested on Wednesday after she jumped the counter at a Target pharmacy
in Portland and began to destroy the store using a metal pole.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 28 Nov 2019.
- Amazon Alexa will now remind you when to take your pills
Amazon Alexa is rolling out medication reminders in partnership with pharmacy
chain Giant Eagle, which has a network of locations across the U.S.
CNBC. Tuesday, 26 Nov 2019.
- Pharmacists want to prescribe more medication for minor ailments
If you live in Ontario and come down with pink eye or a skin rash, you may soon be able to go straight to your local pharmacist
for help. ...
CBC News. Monday, 25 Nov 2019.
Pharmacists News Headlines and News Summaries