This Pharmacist news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about pharmacist and pharmacy news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Man charged with sexual assault of woman he met on eHarmony
Brent Stein, the owner of Mountain Key Pharmacy
in Florissant, Colorado, has been charged with sexual assault for luring a woman he met online to his home to drug and rape her, cops say.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Walgreens Boots: A Bargain Stock, But at What Price?
The merged pharmacy
chain has several fundamental issues Continue ...
Yahoo. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Buy Beaten-Down Walgreens (WBA) Stock Ahead of Earnings?
Walgreens reports its Q3 FY20 financial results before the opening bell on Thursday, July 9. The question is should investors consider buying shares of the struggling pharmacy
Zacks. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- 'I didn't know he wasn't going to come back': Widow of COVID-19 victim reveals heartbreak
The widow of a community pharmacist
who died from COVID-19 has spoken of the heartbreak of not being able to see her husband before he passed away.
Sky News. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Walgreens says new small-format store personalizes care, could help in 'pharmacy deserts'
Expect to see fewer front-of-store items, a slimmed down selection of over-the-counter medications and an emphasis on relationships between pharmacists and customers.
CNBC. Wednesday, 1 Jul 2020.
- Woman is told by pharmacy assistant she couldn't purchase a pregnancy test
The unnamed UK-based woman revealed how she asked to speak to the pharmacist
before she was told by a female assistant that she 'shouldn't be trying to conceive' during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Telehealth start-up Ro has hit record sales every month since expanding pharmacy business pre-pandemic
Ro, which previously specialized in men's health, is now generating $250 million in annual revenue after expanding its product line.
CNBC. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus: 70% of BAME pharmacists have had no risk assessment - survey
The Royal Pharmaceutical Society says the findings of its survey are "shocking".
BBC News. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Walgreens' Retail Pharmacy Grows Amid Coronavirus Crisis
Walgreens' (WBA) tie-ups with Alphabet's life sciences and healthcare segment, Verily on multiple projects related to chronic ailments buoy optimism.
Zacks. Thursday, 18 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus: World From My Window sheds light on global lockdown
The story of Hiba, a pharmacist, is one of the many brought together in a global project.
BBC News. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- South Side pharmacist helps fill prescription void as drug stores remain closed
A local independent pharmacy
on Chicago's South Side is stepping up to provide a lifeline to people who are having trouble getting medications as their neighborhood drug stores remain closed.
ABC News. Thursday, 11 Jun 2020.
- Yves-Emmanuel Segui, Indomitable Bronx Pharmacist, Dies at 60
After immigrating from Ivory Coast with a pharmacy
degree, he repeatedly took and finally passed the exam qualifying him to work in his field, only to die soon after from Covid-19.
New York Times. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- Syria's Idlib Province, Wrecked by War. Readies for Coronavirus Battle
A Syrian pharmacist
volunteered to help prepare for the onset of the coronavirus in a region crowded with war refugees. Here is his account.
New York Times. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
- A governor, a pharmacist and a nun: How South Korea's coronavirus stimulus money wound through a city
South Korea goes on a spending spree with coronavirus stimulus checks.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020.
- Pharmacies hit hard by looting work to fill prescriptions for patients amid shortages
The second generation family-owned pharmacy
tries to uphold the oath to do no harm.
ABC News. Monday, 8 Jun 2020.
Pharmacists News Headlines and News Summaries