This Pharmaceutical news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about pharmaceuticals from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Irish firm is in 'advanced' stages of a swallowable coronavirus vaccine, Leo Varadkar tells his MPs
Ireland based MSD Pharmaceutical
are in the 'advanced' stages of producing a tablet treatment for Covid-19, Deputy PM Leo Varadkar told his parliamentary party on Wednesday night.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 28 Jan 2021.
- Wrexham industrial estate where Covid vaccine produced is EVACUATED
All employees were evacuated from the Wockhardt pharmaceutical
facility at Wrexham Industrial Estate in Wales at around 11.30am after staff received the parcel.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Covid-19: 'AstraZeneca needs to deliver on its commitments'
The EU commissioner for health calls upon the pharmaceutical
company to meet its "responsibilities".
BBC News. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- McKesson (MCK) to Report Q3 Earnings: What's in the Offing?
McKesson's (MCK) fiscal third-quarter results are likely to reflect solid show by U.S. Pharmaceutical
and Specialty Solutions segment.
Zacks. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Coronavirus: AstraZeneca-EU row escalates over vaccine shortage
company is under pressure as production delays limit its supplies to the EU.
BBC News. Wednesday, 27 Jan 2021.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX) Outpaces Stock Market Gains: What You Should Know
(VRTX) closed the most recent trading day at $241.31, moving +1.57% from the previous trading session.
Zacks. Monday, 25 Jan 2021.
- New tool removes chemotherapy drugs from water systems
'What goes in, must come out' is a familiar refrain. It is especially pertinent to the challenges facing researchers who are investigating methods to remove chemicals and pharmaceuticals
from public water systems. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Bacterium produces pharmaceutical all-purpose weapon
For some years, an active substance from the leaves of an ornamental plant has been regarded as a possible forerunner of a new group of potent drugs. So far, however, it has been very laborious to manufacture it in large quantities. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Pfizer vaccine could be effective against new strains of coronavirus, according to this research
The American pharmaceutical
company, Pfizer, together with scientists from the Medical Branch of the University of Texas (USA), made an analysis on the N501Y mutation in the peak protein of the variant found in the United Kingdom.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- COVID-19 vaccine contender CureVac links up with Bayer
BERLIN (AP) - A German company that is in the advanced stages of producing a vaccine against COVID-19 is linking up with pharmaceutical
giant Bayer to help develop and distribute the product. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- 35% Upside Likely For Nektar Therapeutics?
We believe that Nektar Therapeutics stock, a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering and developing medicines in areas that include cancer, autoimmune disease, and chronic pain, is a good buying opportunity at the present time. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- Meet The Puerto Rican Entrepreneur Who Started The First Pharmaceutical Company Owned By Women Of Color In The U.S.
Mayra Guzman-Kaslow is President and CEO of the women-led Puerto Rican biopharmaceutical company, GK Pharmaceuticals, the first and only company in Puerto Rico manufacturing a molecular Covid-19 test. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 31 Dec 2020.
- AMLO: Immunization in older adults with CanSino vaccines will begin in January
The president noted that the pharmaceutical
company CanSino promised to deliver eight million vaccines between January and March.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 30 Dec 2020.
- AstraZeneca boss: We think we've figured out winning formula for COVID vaccine
boss behind the Oxford vaccine says researchers have found a "winning formula" to improve the jab's efficacy.
Sky News. Sunday, 27 Dec 2020.
- US close on deal with Pfizer for millions more vaccine doses
WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. government is close to a deal to acquire tens of millions of additional doses of Pfizer's vaccine in exchange for helping the pharmaceutical
giant gain better access to manufacturing supplies. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries