This Pharmaceutical news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about pharmaceuticals from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- What's in Store for West Pharmaceutical's (WST) Q2 Earnings?
West Pharmaceutical's (WST) second-quarter results are likely to reflect strength in the Proprietary Products business.
Zacks. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- What Makes NGM Biopharmaceuticals (NGM) a New Buy Stock
NGM Biopharmaceuticals (NGM) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
Zacks. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- GSK to build £400m hub in Stevenage - creating 5,000 jobs
giant GSK plans to open a new £400m science hub in Stevenage which could create up to 5,000 jobs, with work expected to begin in 2022.
Sky News. Friday, 16 Jul 2021.
- GlaxoSmithKline To Spin-Off Consumer Healthcare Business By Mid-2022
The company operates in three major business segments, Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- Two drug companies fined £260m for swindling NHS over 'life-saving medicines'
companies have been fined more than £260m by the UK’s competition watchdog after the pair colluded to overcharge the NHS for almost a decade.
Sky News. Thursday, 15 Jul 2021.
- How Much Longer Can Martin Shkreli Control a Pharma Firm From Prison?
A group of shareholders has set up a showdown with Martin Shkreli, who they say continues to exert influence over a pharmaceutical
company from prison.
New York Times. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- GoodRx to assist gig workers in pharmaceutical drug discounting deal with DoorDash
"We're focused on trying to serve not just American consumers, but organizations [and] employers" in getting affordable prescriptions, CEO Doug Hirsch said.
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- 4 Healthcare Stocks to Buy for Growth and Value
Bausch Health Companies (BHC), Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
(REGN), Orthofix Medical (OFIX), and Alkermes (ALKS) are 4 healthcare stocks with strong ...
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- MR MONEY MAKER: Clinigen a boost for beaten-down pharmaceuticals
If you think that the worst of the coronavirus pandemic is over, then I would buy a modest holding in this stock to take advantage of what I view as a short-term discount.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 26 Jun 2021.
- Ei-ichi Negishi, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry, Dies at 85
His work in creating a method to build complex organic molecules applied to everything from pharmaceutical
manufacturing to electronics.
New York Times. Thursday, 24 Jun 2021.
- GSK chief vows 'step change in growth' as consumer business is split off
giant GlaxoSmithKline faces a crunch meeting with investors after announcing a new strategy for the next decade.
CNBC. Wednesday, 23 Jun 2021.
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals Stock Looks Attractive At $37
We believe that the stock price of Ionis Pharmaceuticals, a biotech company that specializes in discovering and developing RNA-targeted therapeutics, is undervalued at current levels of under $37. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 23 Jun 2021.
- GlaxoSmithKline boss Emma Walmsley seeking to defy critics
She will spell out plans to separate the firm's consumer division and talk up the strength of medicines being developed by the remaining pharmaceutical
and vaccines business.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 20 Jun 2021.
- This Implant Could One Day Control Your Sleep and Wake Cycles
The so-called 'living pharmacy' will be able to manufacture pharmaceuticals
from inside the body
Smithsonian. Friday, 18 Jun 2021.
- Editorial: This isn't how the FDA should OK Alzheimer's drugs
Clinical trials looked bad for Biogen's pharmaceutical
to treat Alzheimer's. So how did it win approval over the objections of an FDA advisory panel?
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 8 Jun 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries