This Pharmaceutical news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about pharmaceuticals from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Maiden Pharmaceuticals: India investigates cough syrups after Gambia deaths
This came after WHO linked the medicinal syrups to the deaths of 66 children in The Gambia.
BBC News. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- America's Adderall shortage deepens: SEVENTH company warns it's running out of ADHD drug
Now seven pharmaceutical
companies are reporting shortages of a common treatment for ADHD and narcolepsy. The shortage affects roughly 2.5 million Americans with ADHD.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Is ChemoCentryx (CCXI) Stock Outpacing Its Medical Peers This Year?
Here is how ChemoCentryx (CCXI) and Eiger BioPharmaceuticals (EIGR) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Zacks. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Is Fidelity Select Pharmaceuticals (FPHAX) a Strong Mutual Fund Pick Right Now?
Mutual Fund Report for FPHAX
Zacks. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Maiden Pharmaceuticals: WHO links Gambia deaths to India-made cough syrups
The WHO said the medicinal syrups may be connected with the deaths of 66 children in The Gambia.
BBC News. Thursday, 6 Oct 2022.
- Health Care Stocks: Reviewing The Best Of The Industry
Health care stocks are traditionally a defensive play for investors in a falling market. It's a rich market with blue chip insurance providers, service providers, pharmaceutical
companies, retailers, and tech players. ...
Forbes. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- Medtronic Stock Is A Better Pick Over This Pharmaceuticals Bellwether
We believe Medtronic stock (NYSE: MDT) is currently a better pick than Johnson & Johnson stock (NYSE: JNJ), given its better prospects.
Forbes. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- 1 Stock Living up to Its Name This Year
Biopharmaceutical company Bristol Myers Squibb (BMY) reported stable revenue growth for the second quarter thanks to outstanding clinical and operational performance. Furthermore, despite generating significant momentum over the past ...
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- GSK poaches Burberry's Brown to create all-female top team
GSK, the FTSE-100 pharmaceuticals
giant, has poached Burberry Group's finance chief to create a rare all-female executive leadership team in London's blue-chip share index.
Sky News. Saturday, 24 Sep 2022.
- It's Not Too Late for Investors to Start Buying GILD Stock
Biopharmaceutical giant Gilead Sciences (GILD) has delivered solid segmental sales growth in the last reported quarter. In addition, the company's various research breakthroughs and drug approvals should further bolster ...
Entrepreneur. Friday, 16 Sep 2022.
- Chemical engineer hurls N-word and gets tackled to ground after being kicked off for homophobic rant
Zachary Easterly, who was fired from British multinational pharmaceutical
and biotechnology company GlaxoSmithKline for his actions, was seen on video from Tuesday.
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Sep 2022.
- Pfizer CEO tests positive for COVID-19, reports mild symptoms
company chief said he is taking the company's own Paxlovid pill and isolating while he recovers.
CBS News. Monday, 15 Aug 2022.
- Passage of Inflation Reduction Act gives Medicare historic new powers over drug prices
The legislation represents a historic expansion of Medicare's power that was fiercely opposed by the pharmaceutical
CNBC. Saturday, 13 Aug 2022.
- Four Alleged Cartel Members Charged With Sending Money To China For Fentanyl Production
Daily Caller. Thursday, 11 Aug 2022.
- Pfizer buying spree continues with $5.4B hematology deal
Pfizer will spend about $5.4 billion to buy Global Blood Therapeutics as the pharmaceutical
giant continues to invest some of the cash influx reaped during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Washington Times. Monday, 8 Aug 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries