This Petroleum news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about petroleum news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Is a Beat in Store for Valero Energy (VLO) in Q4 Earnings?
Valero Energy, being a best-in-class oil refiner, is likely to have capitalized on the mounting demand for petroleum
products, aiding Q4 earnings.
Zacks. Monday, 24 Jan 2022.
- Occidental Petroleum (OXY) Dips More Than Broader Markets: What You Should Know
(OXY) closed the most recent trading day at $34.15, moving -1.73% from the previous trading session.
Zacks. Thursday, 13 Jan 2022.
- Energy industry blames Biden's oil-and-gas crackdown for higher prices
President Biden's crackdown on the oil-and-gas industry is driving soaring energy prices, and Build Back Better will only push costs higher, according to the American Petroleum
Washington Times. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- How The U.S. Is Losing The Lithium Industry To China
Just as the U.S. once lost its dominance of the petroleum
industry, it is in the process of doing the same with lithium.
Forbes. Tuesday, 11 Jan 2022.
- In Photos: Fiery Protests Continue Across Kazakhstan
Protests in Kazakhstan that first broke out on January 2 after a sharp hike in prices for liquefied petroleum
gas (LPG) are intensifying. On January 5, a government building was set ablaze, and military vehicles moved into downtown Almaty.
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Protests Erupt In Kazakhstan After Gas Prices Double On New Year's Day
A huge increase in liquefied petroleum
gas prices in the western Kazakh city of Zhanaozen on January 1 sparked a large protest that rapidly spread to other areas of western Kazakhstan and the country's main cities. ...
Radio Liberty. Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022.
- Shares Of Occidental Petroleum Now Oversold
In trading on Monday, shares of Occidental Petroleum
entered into oversold territory, changing hands as low as $26.05 per share.
Forbes. Monday, 20 Dec 2021.
- In Hawaii, Fears Grow Over Unsafe Levels of Petroleum in Drinking Water
State health officials warned residents at a military base near Pearl Harbor to avoid using the water after the Navy found petroleum
in samples taken from one of its wells.
New York Times. Saturday, 11 Dec 2021.
- Hawaii governor urges Navy to suspend operations at World War II-era fuel tank amid water contamination
Hawaii Governor David Ige and congressional leaders from the state urged the U.S. Navy to suspend operations at a World War II-era underground fuel tank facility after petroleum
was detected in drinking water in the Pearl Harbor area.
Fox News. Monday, 6 Dec 2021.
- Petroleum found in well water near Pearl Harbor, Navy says
The well has been shut down since Sunday.
CBS News. Friday, 3 Dec 2021.
- Scientists Made an Eco-Friendly Plastic Using DNA From Salmon Sperm
The material requires 97 percent less carbon emissions to make than petroleum-based plastics
Smithsonian. Friday, 3 Dec 2021.
- Pearl Harbor families alarmed by fuel in tap water
Hundreds of military families living near Hawaii's Pearl Harbor have complaints after the Navy's water system somehow became contaminated by petroleum
Fox News. Friday, 3 Dec 2021.
- Special Report: Biden releasing oil from Strategic Petroleum Reserve to help lower gas prices
President Biden on Tuesday announced the release of oil from the Strategic Petroleum
Reserve in an effort to lower gas prices amid the Thanksgiving holiday. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021.
- U.S. to release oil from reserves in coordination with other countries to lower gas prices
The U.S. will release 50 million barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum
Reserve in an effort to combat climbing gas prices.
CNBC. Wednesday, 24 Nov 2021.
- U.S. to release 50 million barrels of oil to ease energy costs
President Biden plans to release 50 million barrels of oil held in the U.S. Strategic Petroleum
Reserve in an attempt to slash sky-high fuel prices on the cusp of the holidays, the White House said Tuesday. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 23 Nov 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries