This Petroleum news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about petroleum news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Why Is Marathon Petroleum (MPC) Down 11.8% Since Last Earnings Report?
(MPC) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Zacks. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- Callon (CPE) Q4 Earnings Top Estimates on Oil Production
Callon Petroleum's (CPE) net estimated proved reserves rise 126% through 2019 to 540 MMBoe.
Zacks. Friday, 28 Feb 2020.
- Investigation into cause of explosion at Southern California oil refinery
Firefighters raced to contain a blaze at the Marathon Petroleum
Refinery in Carson, the largest facility on the West Coast.
CBS News. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Scientists find way to make tiny DIAMONDS quickly with surprisingly little heat and no catalyst
The technique from the Californian researchers involves extracting special cage-like molecules from petroleum
and natural gas and then heating them with a laser under intense pressures.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 26 Feb 2020.
- Body found in search for man who fell from tanker in Margate
He went missing from a liquid petroleum
gas tanker anchored off Margate.
BBC News. Saturday, 15 Feb 2020.
- From petroleum to wood in the chemical industry: Cost-efficient and more sustainable
An interdisciplinary team of bio-engineers and economists has mapped out how wood could replace petroleum
in the chemical industry. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 13 Feb 2020.
- The Changing Face Of The Oilfield: A Father Passes The Torch To His Petroleum Engineer Daughter
Chevron VP HES Dave Payne, and his daughter, Danielle Payne, a petroleum
engineer at Chevron, share their thoughts on how the industry has changed to become more inclusive and what it needs to do to achieve greater equity.
Forbes. Tuesday, 4 Feb 2020.
- Oil major pledges to become carbon neutral by 2030, drawing sharp criticism from climate activists
Sweden's oil major Lundin Petroleum
has pledged to become carbon neutral by the end of the decade.
CNBC. Monday, 27 Jan 2020.
- Peak Permian Is Approaching Faster Than You Think
The heart of America's oil renaissance is found in the Permian basin, which is showing signs of maturing fast. And for shale basins, that's not a good thing. If the rich petroleum
region wanes, U.S. ...
Newsmax. Sunday, 26 Jan 2020.
- Iraq doesn't want to be a 'long-term battleground' between US and Iran, says Crescent Petroleum CEO
Iraq doesn't want to be caught in a "tug of war" between the United States and Iran, Majid Jafar, CEO of Crescent Petroleum, told CNBC.
CNBC. Tuesday, 21 Jan 2020.
- NIMBYism Comes To Texas In Fight Over Permian Highway Pipeline
NIMBYism (Not In My Back Yard) has always been an issue that pipeline companies face whenever they attempt to site and build a pipeline necessary to carry oil, natural gas or other petroleum
products to market.
Forbes. Saturday, 18 Jan 2020.
- Cause of Aberdeen oil company explosion that hurt 3 unknown
Authorities don't know what caused an explosion that injured three employees of a South Dakota petroleum
Washington Times. Tuesday, 31 Dec 2019.
- Woman has her breasts removed after botched Russian boob job left her deformed and in agony
WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: A woman from the Caucasus region of Russia, 48, was left with a deformed chest after having six jars of petroleum
jelly injected into her breasts.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 19 Dec 2019.
- Trade Deficit Falls to $52.5B on Rare Petroleum Surplus
The U.S. trade deficit fell in September to the lowest level in five months as imports dropped more sharply than exports and America ran a rare surplus in petroleum
Newsmax. Tuesday, 5 Nov 2019.
- Reports: Chinese Energy Giant Was Under US Pressure to Exit Iran Gas Project
After Iran said China National Petroleum
Corp. had quit the South Pars gas field project, reports published Monday said CNPC had been under pressure to do so because of US sanctions.
Voice of America. Monday, 7 Oct 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries