This Petroleum news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about petroleum news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Doubling down on Iraq investment, Crescent Petroleum CEO says
Majid Jafar, CEO of Crescent Petroleum, discusses the geopolitical risks hanging over the oil industry.
CNBC. Friday, 23 Aug 2019.
- Crude oil to be sold from Strategic Petroleum Reserve
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Federal regulators plan to draw down and sell crude oil from Strategic Petroleum
Reserve sites in Texas and Louisiana. The U.S. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Making microbes that transform greenhouse gases
A new technique will help not only reduce greenhouse gas emissions, but the potential to reduce the overall dependence on petroleum
Science Daily. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Watch CNBC's full interview with billionaire activist investor Carl Icahn
Activist investor Carl Icahn joins 'Fast Money Halftime Report' to give comments on the Occidental Petroleum
and Anadarko Petroleum
deal, the state of the market and his stock holding in Cloudera
CNBC. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Oasis Petroleum (OAS) Beats on Q2 Earnings, Revises '19 View
(OAS) now expects 2019 output in the range of 86.8-88.5 MBOE/d versus prior forecast within 86-91 MBOE/d.
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Berry Petroleum (BRY) Lags Q2 Earnings Estimates
(BRY) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -30.56% and 14.37%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2019. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Record-breaking analytical method for fingerprinting petroleum and other complex mixtures
Scientists have developed a more powerful method of analyzing chemical mixtures, which has been able to assign a record-breaking number of 244,779 molecular compositions within a single sample of petroleum
Science Daily. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- The EIA's July Energy Report In Pictures
Analysis from the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) shows that fossil fuels continue to dominate America's energy consumption, led by petroleum
Forbes. Wednesday, 24 Jul 2019.
- Russia, China block UN from saying NKorea violated sanctions
U.N. diplomats say Russia and China have blocked the U.N. Security Council committee monitoring sanctions against North Korea from declaring that Pyongyang breached the annual limit for importing refined petroleum
Fox News. Wednesday, 19 Jun 2019.
- Father's Day gift ideas to rev up your car-loving dad - Roadshow
Father's Day 2019 is just around the corner. Here are eight gift ideas that will please your petroleum-blooded dad.
CNET. Saturday, 8 Jun 2019.
- Despite enjoying sustained production growth, Lundin is still focused on exploration
is one of the leading independent E&P companies operating in the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS) and despite the boost of the giant Johan Svderdrup field coming on line this year are still comitted to exploration .
Forbes. Tuesday, 28 May 2019.
- Australia's Santos buys into Exxon-led PNG nat gas venture for $187 mln
Gas producer Santos Ltd said on Thursday it will buy a 14.3 percent stake in the Petroleum
Retention License 3 Joint Venture (PRL 3) for $187 million, as part of expansion efforts at the PNG LNG project in Papua New Guinea.
Reuters. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Occidental's victory over Chevron for Anadarko
Before Occidental Petroleum
Corp clinched a deal on Thursday to buy Anadarko Petroleum
Corp for $38 billion, it pursued its U.S. ...
Reuters. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Occidental Bids $38 Billion for Anadarko, Challenging Chevron
announced a $38 billion bid for Anadarko Petroleum, challenging Chevron for control of the independent oil and gas company.
New York Times. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- Hemp Could Be the Solution to Our Plastic Pollution Crisis
Bioplastics made from hemp are a viable alternative to petroleum-based plastics that have become the scourge of the ocean.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
News Headlines and News Summaries