This Petroleum news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about petroleum news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Want to invest like Warren Buffett? Here are the ins and outs of buying preferred stock
Warren Buffett's latest deal involves the preferred stock of Occidental Petroleum. Here's what that means and when it could be a good option for you.
CNBC. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Why Anadarko Petroleum (APC) Might be Well Poised for a Surge
Anadarko Petroleum (APC) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
Zacks. Friday, 17 May 2019.
- Is Marathon Petroleum (MPC) a Good Value Investor Pick?
Let's see if Marathon Petroleum (MPC) stock is a good choice for value-oriented investors right now from multiple angles.
Zacks. Thursday, 16 May 2019.
- Australia's Santos buys into Exxon-led PNG nat gas venture for $187 mln
Gas producer Santos Ltd said on Thursday it will buy a 14.3 percent stake in the Petroleum Retention License 3 Joint Venture (PRL 3) for $187 million, as part of expansion efforts at the PNG LNG project in Papua New Guinea.
Reuters. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Bar rises for shale takeovers as Chevron bows out of Anadarko fight
Chevron Chief Executive Michael Wirth's decision to opt out of a bidding war for Anadarko Petroleum Corp has raised the bar for deals, and dampened expectations that oil majors will drive a new wave of consolidation in U.S. shale. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- The Latest: Anadarko says it has a deal with Occidental
Anadarko takes buyout offer from Occidental Petroleum after Chevron declines to improve its offer, ending a rare bidding war in the oil patch
ABC News. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- China's top state-owned refiners skip Iranian oil buys as US sanctions waivers end
Sinopec and China National Petroleum Corp (CNPC) are skipping Iranian oil buys for May loadings, after Washington ended sanction waivers to turn up pressure on Tehran, three sources with knowledge of the matter said.
CNBC. Friday, 10 May 2019.
- Chevron drops Anadarko takeover battle after Occidental raises bid
Chevron Corp abandoned its takeover bid for Anadarko Petroleum Corp on Thursday, outmaneuvered by Occidental Petroleum Corp's higher, $38 billion offer that included more than three times as much cash. ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Chevron Cedes The Field In The Permian Game Of Thrones
In a press release early Thursday morning, Chevron announced it will not make a counteroffer in its competition with Occidental Petroleum to acquire Anadarko. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Marathon Petroleum combines midstream operations for $9B
Marathon Petroleum combines two pipeline and storage operations in $9 billion deal
ABC News. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- 7 More Things To Know About Oxy's Pursuit Of Anadarko
Occidential Petroleum appears to be in the driver's seat in its battle with Chevron to acquire Anadarko Petroleum. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Anadarko backs Occidental's revised bid, pressuring Chevron to respond
Anadarko Petroleum Corp's board on Monday backed a $38 billion bid from Occidental Petroleum Corp, adding pressure on rival Chevron Corp to raise its offer or walk away from the takeover contest.
Reuters. Monday, 6 May 2019.
- Oil Drops 4 Percent After Trump Again Tells OPEC to Lower Prices
Oil prices tumbled more than 3 percent on Friday after U.S. President Donald Trump again pressured the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries to raise crude production to ease gasoline prices.
Newsmax. Friday, 26 Apr 2019.
- Occidental Bids $38 Billion for Anadarko, Challenging Chevron
Occidental Petroleum announced a $38 billion bid for Anadarko Petroleum, challenging Chevron for control of the independent oil and gas company.
New York Times. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- Hemp Could Be the Solution to Our Plastic Pollution Crisis
Bioplastics made from hemp are a viable alternative to petroleum-based plastics that have become the scourge of the ocean.
Entrepreneur. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
Petroleum-based surface product
Related Directory Page(s)
News Headlines and News Summaries