This Petroleum news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about petroleum news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Marathon Petroleum (MPC) Stock Sinks As Market Gains: What You Should Know
In the latest trading session, Marathon Petroleum
(MPC) closed at $112.43, marking a -1.48% move from the previous day.
Zacks. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Occidental Petroleum (OXY) Gains As Market Dips: What You Should Know
(OXY) closed the most recent trading day at $60.04, moving +1.01% from the previous trading session.
Zacks. Wednesday, 7 Jun 2023.
- Pakistan Allows Barter Trade with Iran, Afghanistan, Russia
Pakistan has authorized barter trade with Iran, Afghanistan and Russia on specific goods, including petroleum
and gas, to bypass Western sanctions on those countries and ease pressure on its declining foreign exchange reserves. ...
Voice of America. Friday, 2 Jun 2023.
- Nigeria Faces Possible Inflation Surge as New President Ends Petrol Subsidy
Nigeria's National Petroleum
Company NNPC Ltd. has backed the country's new leader's decision to stop paying long-standing petrol subsidies. ...
Voice of America. Tuesday, 30 May 2023.
- Democrats resurrect fossil fuels export ban that analysts fear would hike energy prices
Congressional Democrats revived a proposal Thursday to reinstate a fossil fuels export ban in a multipronged bid to lower the price of natural gas and petroleum
products while decreasing fossil fuel production to combat climate change.
Washington Times. Thursday, 18 May 2023.
- The Best Oil and Gas Stock to Buy Right Now
Constrained supplies and soaring demand for oil and gas have created enduring tailwinds for the energy sector. In addition to the industry tailwinds, prominent energy stock Marathon Petroleum's (MPC) ...
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 9 May 2023.
- Lemont explosion: Andrew HS mourning wrestling coach killed at Seneca Petroleum plant
A worker killed at a petroleum
plant explosion in Lemont has been identified as a wrestling coach at Victor Andrew High School in Tinley Park.
ABC News. Wednesday, 26 Apr 2023.
- 1 dead, 1 injured in explosion at petroleum plant near Chicago
The blast may have been caused by an asphalt tank exploding on the property at Seneca Petroleum
in Lemont, authorities said.
CBS News. Tuesday, 25 Apr 2023.
- Lemont petroleum plant fire, explosion leaves 1 dead, 1 injured
One person was killed and another injured in a fire and explosion at a petroleum
plant in south suburban Lemont Tuesday morning.
ABC News. Tuesday, 25 Apr 2023.
- 3 Skyrocketing Energy Stocks to Buy, 2 to Sell
Despite rising recessionary fears, strong global energy demand and constrained supplies should drive the energy sector's growth this year. Hence, fundamentally sound energy stocks Marathon Petroleum
(MPC), PrimeEnergy Resources ...
Entrepreneur. Monday, 27 Mar 2023.
- Oil Is On Sale And Buffett Is Buying, Should You?
It be a good bet to frontrun Joe Biden's stated intentions to refill the Strategic Petroleum
Forbes. Tuesday, 21 Mar 2023.
- Biden approves massive Willow oil drilling project in Alaska
The Biden administration is approving the major Willow oil project on Alaska's petroleum-rich North Slope.
CBS News. Monday, 13 Mar 2023.
- Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway buys more Occidental Petroleum shares
Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway added to its already large Occidental Petroleum
stake over the past trading sessions.
CNBC. Wednesday, 8 Mar 2023.
- US Oil Giant Turns Attention To Africa Amid Biden Crackdown On Russia
'Petroleum system with significant potential'
Daily Caller. Monday, 6 Feb 2023.
- Back To Petroleum: BP Is Scaling Back Its Green Investments Amid Disappointing Performance
Looney intends to deemphasize ESG objectives
Daily Caller. Wednesday, 1 Feb 2023.
News Headlines and News Summaries