This Petroleum news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about petroleum news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Whiting Petroleum Is Unanchored from Reality
Even if you're not at all interested in Whiting Petroleum
(NYSE:WLL) or in the oil industry in general, you'll want to read this article. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Implied Volatility Surging for Oasis Petroleum (OAS) Stock Options
Investors need to pay close attention to Oasis Petroleum
(OAS) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
Zacks. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Analysts Have Just Cut Their Abraxas Petroleum Corporation (NASDAQ:AXAS) Revenue Estimates By 29%
The analysts covering Abraxas Petroleum
Corporation (NASDAQ:AXAS) delivered a dose of negativity to ...
Yahoo. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- TechnipFMC (FTI) Wins Major EPC Contract From Assiut in Egypt
The contract with Assiut emphasizes TechnipFMC's (FTI) close liaison with the Egyptian petroleum
sector and further boosts its capacity in delivering complex projects within the African country.
Zacks. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- The Last Oil And Gas Cycle: Building The Future On Lessons From The Past
Is the sun setting on petroleum? A new era is here and with it is the opportunity for oil and gas to drive the energy transition.
Forbes. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- The hot new thing to make your stock pop: Go bankrupt
Bankrupt names Hertz, Whiting Petroleum, Pier 1 and J.C. Penny saw their shares surging at least 70% each in Monday's trading alone, some of which more than doubling.
CNBC. Tuesday, 9 Jun 2020.
- Occidental Petroleum to review Middle East assets - Bloomberg News
Oil and gas producer Occidental Petroleum
is reviewing options for its Middle Eastern assets in a bid to ease its debt load, Bloomberg News reported on Monday, citing people familiar with the matter.
Reuters. Monday, 8 Jun 2020.
- Occidental Petroleum shuts in U.S. Gulf of Mexico production, evacuates workers
Corp has shut in production at its central and eastern Gulf of Mexico facilities ahead of Tropical Storm Cristobal, the company said on Friday.
Reuters. Friday, 5 Jun 2020.
- SMALL CAP MOVERS: Bahamas Petroleum rockets; Attis Oil and Gas lower
zoomed 126 per cent to 3p after inking a deal that sets in stone the start of operations for an exploration project.
Daily Mail. Friday, 29 May 2020.
- US import prices post largest drop in over five years
U.S. import prices fell by the most in more than five years in April as the coronavirus crisis depressed demand for petroleum
products, which could strengthen some economists' predictions of a brief period of deflation.
CNBC. Thursday, 14 May 2020.
- Window to another world: Life is bubbling up to seafloor with petroleum from deep below
Microbial life is bubbling up to the ocean floor along with fluids from deeply buried petroleum
reservoirs, reports a team of scientists.
Science Daily. Friday, 1 May 2020.
- Oil prices rise 4.2% but markets slip 2% after historic petroleum deal
Saudi Arabia, Russia and others agreed to slash their output by nearly 10million barrels per day to prop up prices after a slump in demand.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Apr 2020.
- Trump: 'Great' OPEC+ Deal Will Save US Jobs
President Donald Trump on Sunday praised a deal among the world's top oil producers to cut global petroleum
output, saying it would save jobs in the U.S. energy industry.
Newsmax. Sunday, 12 Apr 2020.
- G20 Oil Agreement Doomed To Fail As All Earlier OPEC Deals Have Failed
Price-rigging, once a globally reviled specialty of the Organization of Petroleum
Exporting Countries, has been legitimized by the G20.
Forbes. Saturday, 11 Apr 2020.
- US Blacklists 5 UAE-Based Companies Over Buying Iran Oil
The United States on Thursday imposed sanctions on five United Arab Emirates-based companies, accusing them of having collectively purchased in 2019 hundreds of thousands of metric tons of petroleum
products from Iran.
Newsmax. Thursday, 19 Mar 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries