This Pet news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about pet and pets news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- East Anglia dognappers warning: Police tell owners to beware as 34 pets stolen in two months
A gang of dognappers have snatched 34 pets
in East Anglia worth tens of thousands of pounds. The thefts, which happened in Cambridgeshire and Suffolk came after the value rocketed in lockdown
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 Jul 2020.
- Brexit Border Bureaucracy Looms for Truckers, Pet Owners and Travelers
Next year businesses and travelers face mounds of new paperwork (and higher cellphone bills) as Britain builds up frontier controls.
New York Times. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: RSPCA fears a surge of pet abandonments
Charity hopes rise in home-working will enable more people to bond with their animals.
BBC News. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Knife-Wielding Polish Man Flees Into Woods, Hoping to Keep Pet Puma
The man eventually complied with a court order to hand over the big cat, which he has kept as a pet
for six years.
New York Times. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Would you dump someone if they didn't like your pet?
An Australian dating coach has polled the public about whether they would dump someone if they didn't like animals or a family pet
- with many saying it was a 'tough' question to answer.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Jul 2020.
- Ex-soldier who fled with puma turns himself over to police
A former Polish soldier who fled into a forest with his pet
puma to avoid handing it over to a zoo, gave himself up to police on Sunday after a three-day manhunt. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 12 Jul 2020.
- Care for cats? So did people along the Silk Road more than 1,000 years ago
Common domestic cats, as we know them today, might have accompanied Kazakh pastoralists as pets
more than 1,000 years ago. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: The animals abandoned during lockdown
The RSPCA voices fears that more pets
will be rejected in the wake of the coronavirus crisis.
BBC News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Best pet trackers 2020: Wearables and cameras to keep your animals safe
Whether you're a cat person, a dog person, a hamster person, or a snake person, or even a giant African snail person, keeping your animals safe has to
Pocket Lint. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Woman recreates sets from famous movies for her hamster during lockdown
is quite the ham.
Fox News. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- July 4th pet safety: Tips to reduce anxiety during holiday fireworks
Even easy-going pets
can be startled and frightened by fireworks and other loud noises. Here are some tips to help your pet
that may be troubled by fireworks.
ABC News. Saturday, 4 Jul 2020.
- How to keep your pets safe during Fourth of July fireworks
To keep your dogs and cats safe during July 4th fireworks, have a plan, make sure their identification is up to date and give them plenty of exercise.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- As Military Personnel Resume International Travel, Airline Policies Might Require They Leave Pets Behind
'Leave no man behind,' but perhaps you should be prepared to leave your dog
Daily Caller. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- 4 Reasons The Pandemic Is A Boon For The Pet Industry
As an uncertain economy looms large, one thing is certain: Pet
care is good business.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 26 Jun 2020.
- Environmental DNA detection could cut pathogens in pet trade
As the SARS-CoV-2 puts new focus on zoonotic pathogens, a researcher has developed a method to use environmental DNA (eDNA) to detect disease in the vast international trade of aquatic animals.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
Pet Shops News Headlines and News Summaries