This Pesticide news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about pesticides from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Nature: Pesticides used to protect crops from insects are keeping bees awake at night
Researchers from Bristol warned that - just like us humans - the vital pollinators need a good night's rest in order to function properly.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Bacteria carried by mosquitoes may protect them against pesticides
Mosquitoes are transmitters of several diseases and pesticides
are used to control their numbers in many countries. New study finds Wolbachia - a bacteria commonly found in insects - appears to protect them against these pesticides.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- UK allows emergency use of bee-harming pesticide
In 2018, the EU and UK imposed an almost-total ban because of the serious damage it could cause.
BBC News. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- How Colorado potato beetles beat pesticides
New research shows that pesticides
alter how Colorado potato beetles manage their DNA. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 21 Dec 2020.
- Bird of prey poisoned with banned pesticide
The red kite was found dead in the Ruthven area in the Monadhliath mountains.
BBC News. Wednesday, 16 Dec 2020.
- First Nationwide Effort To Save Wild Bees Is Enlisting Citizen Scientists
Just like honeybees, native bees are on the decline in the United States, a problem blamed on a loss of plant diversity, the use of pesticides
and other environmental pollutants.
Forbes. Sunday, 22 Nov 2020.
- Indoor farming start-up with Martha Stewart on its board joins the SPAC craze to go public
"We're on a warpath here to change agriculture for the good, get chemical pesticides
out, get labor practices we can all be proud of," AppHarvest CEO Jonathan Webb told CNBC.
CNBC. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- NYC will spray pesticide to kill rising number of West Nile-infected mosquitoes
New York City will begin spraying pesticide
to kill West Nile virus-infected mosquitos in Brooklyn and Queens on Thursday after a rise in bugs and animals with the disease, health department officials said.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020.
- RNAi-Based Pesticides Contribute To The Promise Of A New Green Revolution
RNA interference (RNAi) pesticides
are poised poised to become an important tool in the world of pesticides.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Bayer more stringent in glyphosate settlement talks due to downturn
German drugs and pesticides
company Bayer said the economic downturn due to the coronavirus has prompted it to take a tougher stance in talks to settle claims its glyphosate-based weedkillers cause cancer.
CNBC. Monday, 27 Apr 2020.
- Study Shines Light on Urgent Threats to Fireflies
Habitat loss, light pollution and pesticide
were identified as three key risks that could push the insects toward extinction
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 4 Feb 2020.
Pesticide Firms News Headlines and News Summaries