This Pesticide news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about pesticides from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Bayer Defeated In Legal Battle Against Pesticides Linked To Killing Bees
A European court has rejected German pharmaceutical giant Bayer's appeal against restrictions decided in 2013 by the European Union on three pesticides
harmful to bees. ...
Forbes. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Suspected dump of 27,000 chemical barrels found off LA coast
Around 27,000 objects - potentially barrels containing the banned pesticide
DDT - have been found dumped off California.
Sky News. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Florida residents concerned about Zika pesticide
Specialized trucks circled Miami Beach on Tuesday morning spreading BTI, bacteria that attacks mosquito larvae but is safe for humans. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- CDC calls Zika pesticide spraying very effective in Florida
The CDC says aerial spraying of a pesticide
in Miami's Zika zone was very effective. Crews went door to door eradicating standing water and spraying yards using a new chemical. David Begnaud reports.
CBS News. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- Get The Ultimate At-Home Detox With This Heated Sauna Blanket, Now 14% Off
Even if you live a somewhat healthy lifestyle, toxins can easily accumulate in your body, from aluminum in your favorite deodorant to pesticides
in the coffee beans that make your cup of Joe each morning. ...
Daily Caller. Friday, 16 Apr 2021.
- Women whose GRANDMOTHERS were exposed to the toxic pesticide DDT are more likely to be obese
A study has found women whose grandmothers were exposed to DDT are up to three times more likely to be obese than those descended from nans who avoided the now globally prohibited pesticide.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 14 Apr 2021.
- The Growing Case For Banning Pesticides Linked To Suicides
Banning the most hazardous pesticides
could dramatically reduce suicides in rural parts of South Asia.
Forbes. Sunday, 4 Apr 2021.
- Third of the planet's farmland has pesticides levels 1,000 times higher than what's considered safe
Researchers found 64 percent of global agricultural land has levels of at least one herbicide, fungicide or insecticide higher than what industry standards consider a 'no-effect concentration.'
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021.
- UK will no longer use bee-harming pesticide
was given temporary clearance to be used earlier this year because of a virus threat.
BBC News. Wednesday, 3 Mar 2021.
- Bacteria carried by mosquitoes may protect them against pesticides
Mosquitoes are transmitters of several diseases and pesticides
are used to control their numbers in many countries. New study finds Wolbachia - a bacteria commonly found in insects - appears to protect them against these pesticides.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 13 Jan 2021.
- How Colorado potato beetles beat pesticides
New research shows that pesticides
alter how Colorado potato beetles manage their DNA. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 21 Dec 2020.
- Indoor farming start-up with Martha Stewart on its board joins the SPAC craze to go public
"We're on a warpath here to change agriculture for the good, get chemical pesticides
out, get labor practices we can all be proud of," AppHarvest CEO Jonathan Webb told CNBC.
CNBC. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
Pesticide Firms News Headlines and News Summaries