This Pesticide news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about pesticides from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Using electricity to break down pollutants left over after wastewater treatment
Pesticides, pharmaceutical products, and endocrine disruptors are some of the emerging contaminants often found in treated domestic wastewater, even after secondary treatment. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Engineers use electricity to clean up toxic water
Powerful electrochemical process destroys water contaminants, such as pesticides. Wastewater is a significant environment issue. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Fears over flood of US toxic chemicals in trade deal
There are 70 pesticides
widely used in the US but banned in the UK and the EU, amid serious concerns over health and the major environmental damage they cause.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 14 Jun 2020.
- Polymer coating for plants could be safer alternative to pesticides
A new polymer coating developed at the University of Nottingham could serve as a safer alternative to pesticides
in controlling harmful fungi that devastates plant crops.
Daily Mail. Friday, 5 Jun 2020.
- Thailand's chemical pesticide ban troubles farmers, industries
Thailand enforced a ban on Monday on two agricultural chemicals widely regarded as toxic to humans, prompting claims from farmers they will face losses, while environmental campaigners welcomed a step towards sustainability.
Reuters. Monday, 1 Jun 2020.
- As the climate changes, so does wine
Hotter temperatures are attracting more grape-destroying pests, leading vintners to lay on the pesticides.
CBS News. Thursday, 21 May 2020.
- Bayer more stringent in glyphosate settlement talks due to downturn
German drugs and pesticides
company Bayer said the economic downturn due to the coronavirus has prompted it to take a tougher stance in talks to settle claims its glyphosate-based weedkillers cause cancer.
CNBC. Monday, 27 Apr 2020.
- Raisins Are Laden With Pesticides
Every year, the Environmental Working Group (EWG) releases its annual ranking of the produce items with the highest amount of pesticide
residue - the Dirty Dozen - and those with the least - the Clean Fifteen.
Newsmax. Monday, 30 Mar 2020.
- Boost Your Immune System With These Healthy Foods
According to research conducted by the Environmental Working Group (EWG), nearly 70% of the fresh produce sold in the U.S. contains potentially harmful chemical pesticides.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 25 Mar 2020.
- Bee-killing pesticides could be banned in this state under new bill
A bill in the Minnesota state legislature would allow cities to ban all pesticides
that are harmful to pollinators such as bees and butterflies.
ABC News. Tuesday, 18 Feb 2020.
- Study Shines Light on Urgent Threats to Fireflies
Habitat loss, light pollution and pesticide
were identified as three key risks that could push the insects toward extinction
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 4 Feb 2020.
- Tests show bootleg marijuana vapes tainted with hydrogen cyanide
NBC News commissioned laboratory tests of marijuana vapes that found a pesticide
linked to hydrogen cyanide in 10 out of the 10 unregulated cartridges tested.
CNBC. Friday, 27 Sep 2019.
- Common Pesticides Delay Songbird Migration, Trigger Significant Weight Loss
Within six hours of ingesting a high dose of pesticide, sparrows lost six percent of their body weight and 17 percent of their fat stores
Smithsonian. Friday, 13 Sep 2019.
- Blow in the willows: Cocaine found in river wildlife
Cocaine, ketamine, prescription drugs and banned pesticides
have been found in river wildlife in rural of England.
Sky News. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
Pesticide Firms News Headlines and News Summaries