This Pesticide news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about pesticides from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Pesticides and food scarcity dramatically reduce wild bee population
The loss of flowering plants and the widespread use of pesticides
could be a double punch to wild bee populations. ...
Science Daily. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- Hand pollination, not agrochemicals, increases cocoa yield and farmer income
Agroecologists compare pesticides, fertilizers, manual pollination and farming costs in Indonesia.
Science Daily. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- Indoor farming start-up with Martha Stewart on its board joins the SPAC craze to go public
"We're on a warpath here to change agriculture for the good, get chemical pesticides
out, get labor practices we can all be proud of," AppHarvest CEO Jonathan Webb told CNBC.
CNBC. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- UK 'operates double standards' on banned pesticides
More than 32,000 tonnes of the chemicals were approved for export by the UK in 2018, says Greenpeace.
BBC News. Thursday, 10 Sep 2020.
- NYC will spray pesticide to kill rising number of West Nile-infected mosquitoes
New York City will begin spraying pesticide
to kill West Nile virus-infected mosquitos in Brooklyn and Queens on Thursday after a rise in bugs and animals with the disease, health department officials said.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 2 Sep 2020.
- Dingoes are getting bigger and pesticide 1080 may be to blame
Researchers in Australia discovered that the average size of a dingo has grown nearly 10 percent larger in regions where baited traps have been used to cull their number.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 11 Aug 2020.
- Should a Study on Pesticides Affect Our Use of Them?
Recent research, which found a link between pyrethroids and deaths from heart disease, highlights the limitations of epidemiological research.
New York Times. Monday, 10 Aug 2020.
- RNAi-Based Pesticides Contribute To The Promise Of A New Green Revolution
RNA interference (RNAi) pesticides
are poised poised to become an important tool in the world of pesticides.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Bayer chalks up 9.5 billion euro second-quarter net loss after litigation settlement
German drugs and pesticides
group Bayer reported a 9.5 billion euro ($11.2 billion) net loss for the second quarter, following a $10.9 billion settlement of U.S. lawsuits claiming that its weedkiller Roundup caused cancer. ...
Yahoo. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- Thailand's chemical pesticide ban troubles farmers, industries
Thailand enforced a ban on Monday on two agricultural chemicals widely regarded as toxic to humans, prompting claims from farmers they will face losses, while environmental campaigners welcomed a step towards sustainability.
Reuters. Monday, 1 Jun 2020.
- Bayer more stringent in glyphosate settlement talks due to downturn
German drugs and pesticides
company Bayer said the economic downturn due to the coronavirus has prompted it to take a tougher stance in talks to settle claims its glyphosate-based weedkillers cause cancer.
CNBC. Monday, 27 Apr 2020.
- Study Shines Light on Urgent Threats to Fireflies
Habitat loss, light pollution and pesticide
were identified as three key risks that could push the insects toward extinction
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 4 Feb 2020.
- Common Pesticides Delay Songbird Migration, Trigger Significant Weight Loss
Within six hours of ingesting a high dose of pesticide, sparrows lost six percent of their body weight and 17 percent of their fat stores
Smithsonian. Friday, 13 Sep 2019.
Pesticide Firms News Headlines and News Summaries