This Pesticide news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about pesticides from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Starbucks accused of using poisonous pesticide in NYC stores
Coffee chain dismisses claims in suits, saying accusers trying to "incite public fear for their own financial gain"
CBS News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Monsanto kept "watch lists" on pesticide friends and foes in EU
Bayer, German group that acquired U.S. agro-business giant last year, confirms dubious practice as it also grapples with health-related lawsuits
CBS News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- How plant viruses can be used to ward off pests and keep plants healthy
Imagine a technology that could target pesticides to treat specific spots deep within the soil, making them more effective at controlling infestations while limiting their toxicity to the environment. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Bayer admits Monsanto may have other 'watch lists'
German chemical giants Bayer admitted Monday its subsidiary Monsanto could have kept lists of key figures -- for or against pesticides -- "in other European countries", and not just in France. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- California to BAN pesticide after scientists said it hurts babies' brains
The move cheered by environmentalists would outlaw chlorpyrifos after scientists deemed it a toxic air contaminant and discovered it to be more dangerous than previously thought.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- California moves to ban farm pesticide that Trump's EPA has defended
California wants to ban chlorpyrifos, a controversial pesticide used on almond, citrus and grape crops in the nation's largest agricultural state.
CNBC. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- California to ban pesticide it says hurts babies' brains
The nation's most productive agricultural state is moving to ban a pesticide widely used to control a range of insects but blamed for harming brain development in babies
ABC News. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- The Latest: Pesticide maker disappointed by California ban
The manufacturer of a toxic pesticide California plans to outlaw says the decision will hurt farmers trying to control pests
ABC News. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Shrimp in Rural England Rivers Are Laced with Traces of Cocaine
A new study also detected low levels of dozens of pharmaceuticals and pesticides in shrimp from the county of Suffolk
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
- Traces Of Cocaine, Pesticides Detected In U.K. Shrimp
Scientists collected freshwater shrimp at 15 locations in Suffolk. Shrimp from all of the sites were found to have detectable amounts of cocaine, and many had other drugs or pesticides.
NPR. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- Alaska man convicted of spreading pesticide at homeless site
A businessman has been convicted of illegally spreading pesticide along a public right of way where homeless people in Alaska's largest city regularly gathered.
Fox News. Thursday, 2 May 2019.
- River wildlife contain cocaine, pharmaceuticals and pesticides
For the first time, researchers have found a diverse array of chemicals, including illicit drugs and pesticides in UK river wildlife. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- Fish in British waterways contain COCAINE, ketamine, pesticides and pharmaceutical drugs
Scientists from King's College London have found cocaine in every single sample from 15 sites at rivers around Suffolk, including in shrimp.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 1 May 2019.
- China launches month-long safety probe after deadly chemical blast
China will launch a month-long, nationwide inspection program into hazardous chemicals, mines and fire safety, the country's safety watchdog said, following a deadly pesticide plant blast that killed 78 people last week.
Reuters. Wednesday, 27 Mar 2019.
- Watch Out for Pesticides in These Foods
Nutritionists hail kale as a super healthy food, but recent testing shows that kale has higher pesticide residues than nearly all other produce found on supermarket shelves, according to the Environmental Working Group's 2019 Dirty Dozen.
Newsmax. Friday, 22 Mar 2019.
Pesticide applied to plants
Related Directory Page(s)
Pesticide Firms News Headlines and News Summaries