This Pesticide news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about pesticides from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Screamingly high levels' of toxic forever chemicals are found in SIX out of 10 US pesticides
Texas researchers found the chemicals in seven out of 10 insecticides - but six had extremely large quantities of a particularly dangerous type that has been strongly linked to cancer.
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 Oct 2022.
- California bans unnecessary pesticide, chemical testing on dogs and cats
Gov. Gavin Newsom signs bill into law that will go into effect Jan. 1 and make California the first state in the U.S. to prohibit harmful testing on dogs and cats.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- Two companies fined for selling pesticides as COVID-19 killers
Zoono Microbe Shield was marketed as protecting against COVID-19 but is only effective against bacteria, fungi and mold, EPA said.
CBS News. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- Companies Fined $325,000 for Selling Pesticide to Fight Coronavirus, E.P.A. Says
Zoono USA and Zoono Holdings, New Jersey companies, sold Zoono Microbe Shield through numerous websites and were fined by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
New York Times. Friday, 23 Sep 2022.
- Simple home hacks: How to kill weeds, remove fluff from jumpers and keep mould away using chalk
Sophie, from Sydney has shared three simple home hacks for cleaning and organising at home. She revealed how to kill weeds without pesticides, make jumpers look new and prevent mould.
Daily Mail. Monday, 1 Aug 2022.
- Monarch Butterflies Added To Endangered List
The IUCN found climate change, overdevelopment and pesticide
use are devastating both the monarch and its favorite plant, milkweed.
Forbes. Thursday, 21 Jul 2022.
- Pesticide made us sterile, banana workers say
US companies are accused of having used a pesticide
in Latin America even though its health risks were known.
BBC News. Wednesday, 20 Jul 2022.
- Beet farm near Wymondham in colour-based aphid pest trial
The patchwork "camo-cropping" is developed to attempt find natural alternatives to pesticides.
BBC News. Tuesday, 5 Jul 2022.
- How gardeners can control pests, protect pollinators
Here are some tips to control which pesticides
gardeners decide to use. In doing this gardeners will ensure that they are protecting pollinators.
Fox News. Tuesday, 14 Jun 2022.
- Man Pleads Guilty to Selling $2.7 Million Worth of Unregistered Covid Pesticide
Paul Andrecola, a 63-year-old New Jersey chemist, sold pesticides
that had not been registered with the Environmental Protection Agency. Some of his customers were federal agencies.
New York Times. Friday, 10 Jun 2022.
- These Fruits And Vegetables Have The Most Pesticides, According To The EWG
You may want to consider buying only organic strawberries from now on.
Forbes. Thursday, 7 Apr 2022.
- The American Bumblebee Has Vanished From Eight States
In two decades, the insect's population has declined by nearly 90 percent due to a combination of threats, including habitat loss, pesticides
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 6 Oct 2021.
Pesticide Firms News Headlines and News Summaries