This Payroll news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about payrolls from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 10-year yield rises after unemployment rate falls to 3.9%, continuing big increase to start 2022
U.S. Treasury yields rose slightly on Friday following the release of December's nonfarm payrolls
CNBC. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- Hiring falters in December as payrolls rise only 199,000, though the unemployment fell to 3.9%
were expected to increase by 422,000 in December, according to economists surveyed by Dow Jones.
CNBC. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- December Jobs Report: Weak Payroll But Impressive Wage Increase
The last BLS jobs report for 2021 paints a mixed picture.
Forbes. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- U.S. Private Payrolls Jump in December
U.S. Private Payrolls
Jump in December.
Zacks. Wednesday, 5 Jan 2022.
- Eynat Guez, Ceo Of Papaya Global On Her Vision For Global Workforce Management
Eynat Guez founded Papaya Global in 2016, when the concept of remote working was relatively in its infancy, seeing the need of companies to automate their global payroll. The ...
Entrepreneur. Monday, 3 Jan 2022.
- Potential Minority Owner May Help Cleveland Guardians Upgrade Corner Outfield Depth
An infusion of capital from potential minority investor David Blitzer could inject the Cleveland Guardians with financial resources needed to boost the club's payroll.
Forbes. Friday, 24 Dec 2021.
- Sainsbury's payroll hit by Kronos attack
A ransomware attack on payroll
systems provider Kronos hits multiple major companies in the UK and US
BBC News. Thursday, 16 Dec 2021.
- BUSINESS LIVE: Unemployment falls to 4.2%; MPs urge scam crackdown
British employers added 257,000 staff to their payrolls
in November, adding to signs that the labour market withstood the end of the furlough scheme.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 Dec 2021.
- Supplement Your Paycheck With These 3 Payroll Providers
Supplement Your Paycheck With These 3 Payroll
Zacks. Thursday, 9 Dec 2021.
- CBS Evening News, April 14, 2020
New York City death toll spikes with revised count; California business owner fights to keep employees on payroll
CBS News. Monday, 29 Nov 2021.
- Angels offseason: Three big questions after signing Noah Syndergaard
After the signing of former ace Noah Syndergaard, the Angels' payroll
could balloon if they get another top-tier arm to start or relieve.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021.
- Bailey clears the way for a Christmas rate hike as inflation soars
The number of UK workers on company payrolls
surged by 160,000 last month and there was no sign of a jump in redundancies despite the end of furlough, according to the ONS.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021.
- Furlough end had little impact on jobless figures
Figures for October show the number in payrolled employment was higher than the month before the pandemic began.
BBC News. Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021.
- Dodgers face challenge of massive payroll required to re-sign premier free agents
Dodgers GM Andrew Friedman discussed during the general managers meetings the payroll
hurdles the team faces if they want to retain several top players.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 11 Nov 2021.
- Gladys Knight's son sentenced to two years in prison over restaurant taxes
The son of R&B legend Gladys Knight has been sentenced to serve two years in prison for failing to withhold payroll
taxes for the restaurants that bore his mother's name
Fox News. Friday, 5 Nov 2021.
Payroll Processing Services News Headlines and News Summaries