This Payroll news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about payrolls from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Texas, Other Low-Tax States, See Jobs Increase At More Than Double The Rate Of High-Tax States
The 27 states, led by Texas, with average SALT deductions under $10,000 saw private sector payrolls
grow by 3.7% from December 2017 to July 2019, 110.5% faster than the 1.8% growth in 23 states with a high tax burden.
Forbes. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- ADP's Payroll Processing Revenues Could Touch $10 Billion This Fiscal Year
ADP total revenue for fiscal 2019 (ending June) grew 6.5% y-o-y to $14.2 billion while net income surged by 41% to $2.3 billion thanks to strong performance across operating segments. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- NC virtual school teachers no longer face temporary layoffs
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - A payroll
change has saved roughly 220 North Carolina Virtual Public School teachers from being temporarily laid off this fall. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- Ocasio-Cortez slams photo of teens "groping & choking" her cutout
"Just wanted to clarify: are you paying for young men to practice groping & choking members of Congress w/ your payroll, or is this just the standard culture of #TeamMitch?"
CBS News. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Non-Farm Payrolls In-Line at 164K, More Q2 Earnings: XOM, CVX & More
164K new jobs created for the month of July. The Unemployment Rate stayed constant at a low 3.7%.
Zacks. Friday, 2 Aug 2019.
- Payrolls rise 164,000 as labor force sets a record high
growth rose in line with expectations in July and the unemployment rate remained at 3.7%.
CNBC. Friday, 2 Aug 2019.
- Private Sector Payroll Increases In July
Private Sector Payroll
Increases In July
Zacks. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Private payroll growth tops estimates as jobs market shows signs of tightening
increased by 156,000, according to a report from ADP and Moody's Analytics that beat Dow Jones estimates of 150,000
CNBC. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Kudlow: Fed Must Cut Rates Despite Strong Jobs Data
The Federal Reserve should reduce interest rates even though the economy is strong and the latest payrolls
report was positive, said Larry Kudlow, President Donald Trump's top economic adviser.
Newsmax. Friday, 5 Jul 2019.
- ADP: Private Sector Adds 102,000 Jobs in June
U.S. private employers added 102,000 jobs in June, below economists' expectations, a report by a payrolls
processor showed on Wednesday.
Newsmax. Wednesday, 3 Jul 2019.
- Nursing home staffing levels often fall below CMS expectations
New research revealed that self-reported direct staffing time per resident data was higher than the CMS' payroll-based metrics 70% of the time.
Modern Healthcare. Monday, 1 Jul 2019.
- Economy added just 75,000 jobs in May, strengthening case for Fed interest rate cut
Employers added just 75,000 jobs in May. Economists had forecast 178,000 payroll
Yahoo. Friday, 7 Jun 2019.
- ADP: Job creation drops to 9-year low in May
At just 27,000 new jobs, the payroll
processor's latest private sector report tumbles sharply from April's robust results
CBS News. Wednesday, 5 Jun 2019.
- The Yankees are the gritty, gumption-y, big-heart boys of baseball
If it's possible for a team with a hefty payroll
to be plucky, the Yankees might be it.
Golf Digest. Monday, 27 May 2019.
- New Tax Will Help Washington Residents Pay for Long-Term Care
Starting in 2025, eligible state residents in Washington State will get $100 per day for 365 days of long-term care costs. A payroll
tax will pay for it.
New York Times. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
Payroll Processing Services News Headlines and News Summaries