This Payroll news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about payrolls from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- American Airlines reports quarterly net loss of $2.4 billion while Southwest posts $1.2 billion loss
American Airlines began furloughing 19,000 workers this month after Congress failed to extend its payroll
support for the sector. Southwest has avoided furloughs by pushing pay cuts.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Mexico stunned by L.A. arrest of former defense chief allegedly on drug cartel's payroll
Mexico's president says the arrest at LAX of retired Gen. Salvador Cienfuegos Zepeda on charges of drug trafficking and money laundering charges is 'very regrettable.'
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- Despite their money and analytics, Dodgers keep disappointing in playoffs
The Dodgers boast first-rate analytics and a payroll
most general managers would die for, and yet they are on the brink of another lost playoff run.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 16 Oct 2020.
- How The U.S. Presidential Election May Impact Your Career (And Bank Account)
What Trump and Biden believe about the job market, payroll
taxes, employment benefits, and hiring practices.
Forbes. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- How Tampa Bay Rays Overcame $28.3 Million Payroll To Emerge As MLB Force
On Wednesday, the Rays received the highest of compliments from the team with the highest payroll
Forbes. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Mass airline furloughs may send damaging ripple effects through economy
Tens of thousands of airline workers are out of jobs over the weekend, as the federal government's $25 billion payroll
support program expires along with a ban on airline job cuts. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Reversal of Fortune: Stimulus Back On?
The idea now is to have more of an a la carte approach to stimulus: sending out $1200 checks with the president's signature on it and a $25 billion airline payroll
stipend, among other things.
Zacks. Wednesday, 7 Oct 2020.
- Jobs Report Shows Further Slowdown in U.S. Economic Recovery
grew last month, but permanent layoffs are rising, the labor force is contracting, and fewer women are employed.
New York Times. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
- Economy is cooling as U.S. election nears
gains and tepid consumer spending are just some of the signs that growth is slowing.
CBS News. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
- 'Massively concerning' jobs report sends a signal that the economic recovery could be fading
The Labor Department reported Friday that nonfarm payrolls
increased by 661,000 in September. In normal times, that type of hiring pace would be considered a sign of a robust job market.
CNBC. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
- Markets Close in the Green Yet Again, Jobs Numbers on Deck
We see the all-important non-farm payroll
report Friday morning, whereby 800K new jobs are estimated to have been created in the month of September.
Zacks. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- American Airlines, United Airlines to furlough thousands as CARES Act expires
Tens of thousands of airline workers will be furloughed as the CARES Act Payroll
Support Program expires.
ABC News. Thursday, 1 Oct 2020.
- U.S. Treasury says it has closed loans to seven major airlines
The U.S. Treasury said on Tuesday it had closed loans to seven large airlines hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic and urged Congress to save tens of thousands of airline jobs by extending billions in payroll
Yahoo. Tuesday, 29 Sep 2020.
- ANNA MIKHAILOVA: Own goal! Rule of law champion Sir Bob Neill MP breaches Commons rules
ANNA MIKHAILOVA: As well as trousering an extra salary for chairing the Commons Justice Select Committee, the Tory knight is also on the payroll
of the Substantia Group, a one-stop shop for developers.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 27 Sep 2020.
- Two key GOP senators propose $28.8 billion in airline assistance to avoid job cuts
Two key Republican senators on Monday introduced legislation that would authorize $28.8 billion in payroll
assistance to avoid thousands of airline industry layoffs set to begin on Oct. 1. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 21 Sep 2020.
Payroll Processing Services News Headlines and News Summaries