This Payroll news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about payrolls from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Economy sees job loss in December for the first time in eight months as surging virus takes toll
fell by 140,000 in December, the Labor Department said, against the Dow Jones consensus estimate for a 50,000 gain.
CNBC. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Employment Situation: Better Than It Looks On The Surface
Behind the drop in payrolls
is some still encouraging news.
Forbes. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Non-farm Payrolls Decline
Zacks. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- December Jobs Report Shows Payroll Decline
For the first time since last April, payroll
jobs in the US declined in December.
Forbes. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Private payrolls contract for first time since May with 123,000 people losing their jobs in December
The number of Americans privately employed fell in December for the first time since May, with 123,000 losing their jobs. The losses were greatest among large companies in hospitality and leisure.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 7 Jan 2021.
- Private payrolls post first drop since April as coronavirus spread hits job growth, ADP says
The decrease of 123,000 provided a stark sign that the U.S. economy had cooled considerably heading into the end of 2020.
CNBC. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- ADP Brings -123K Private-Sector Jobs, Worst Since April
We don't see immediate revisions to Friday morning's non-farm payroll
expectations, but we expect there will be some lower estimates coming out.
Zacks. Wednesday, 6 Jan 2021.
- UK has 819,000 fewer paid employees since coronavirus crisis began
The latest job statistics show 819,000 fewer people in payrolled employment since the start of the coronavirus crisis in the UK - with the hospitality sector accounting for a third of the figure.
Sky News. Tuesday, 15 Dec 2020.
- Economy gains just 245,000 jobs in November as recovery runs out of steam
increased by 245,000 jobs last month after rising by 610,000 in October, the Labor Department said. That was the smallest gain since the jobs recovery started in May.
Daily Mail. Friday, 4 Dec 2020.
- Dollars and decisions: Will the Dodgers dive in when the hot stove league heats up?
The Dodgers should have the payroll
wiggle room to add players this offseason and not surpass the competitive balance tax threshold.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020.
- Owner Arte Moreno says Angels' payroll will not shrink under new GM Perry Minasian
Perry Minasian was introduced as the Angels' new general manager, and he will have at least $194 million in payroll
to build a playoff contender.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 17 Nov 2020.
- Jobs Report Shows Gains but Vulnerability to New Coronavirus Surge
grew by 638,000 in October and unemployment fell to 6.9%, but lockdowns could stifle a rebound in restaurant and retail work.
New York Times. Friday, 6 Nov 2020.
- Mass airline furloughs may send damaging ripple effects through economy
Tens of thousands of airline workers are out of jobs over the weekend, as the federal government's $25 billion payroll
support program expires along with a ban on airline job cuts. ...
CBS News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Jobs Report Shows Further Slowdown in U.S. Economic Recovery
grew last month, but permanent layoffs are rising, the labor force is contracting, and fewer women are employed.
New York Times. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
- Economy is cooling as U.S. election nears
gains and tepid consumer spending are just some of the signs that growth is slowing.
CBS News. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
Payroll Processing Services News Headlines and News Summaries