This Payroll news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about payrolls from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Dow jumps more than 200 points to another record as investors look past big jobs miss
increased by just 266,000 in April, far less than the 1 million total economists were expecting, according to Dow Jones.
CNBC. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Weak jobs report shows the need for massive jobs and families bills, Biden says
Hiring slowed dramatically in April, with nonfarm payrolls
increasing by a much less than expected 266,000 and the unemployment rate rising to 6.1%.
CNBC. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- April Jobs Report: Disappointing (But A Few Bright Spots)
The BLS Jobs report for April was expected to be very strong, with payroll
jobs rising by nearly a million.
Forbes. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Private Payrolls in April Below Expectations
in April Below Expectations.
Zacks. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Interactive maps shows London has borne the brunt of Covid jobs cull
London accounts for around a quarter of the 813,000 payroll
jobs lost since last March - down by 223,000.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Under-35s bearing brunt of jobs crisis
Some 635,000 people under 35 came off company payrolls
in the year to March, official figures show.
BBC News. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- Recovery for payrolled workers hits reverse gear as lockdowns take toll
The number of payrolled workers in the economy slipped back in March, ending three months of recovery from the coronavirus employment crisis.
Sky News. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- Washington DC pastor charged in $1.5M PPP loan fraud
Rudolph Brooks, Jr., 45, was arrested earlier this month in Washington DC after allegedly faking tax returns and payroll
forms to apply for the loan under the federal government's CARES act.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Apr 2021.
- March Jobs Report Shows Payroll Employment Jump by 916,000
Data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics recently revealed a dip in the unemployment rate and an increase in total confirm payroll
Entrepreneur. Monday, 5 Apr 2021.
- Payroll gets a boost
CBS Contributor Anthony Mirhaydari explains what the April payroll
report means for the Fed's rate hikes.
CBS News. Saturday, 3 Apr 2021.
- Despite revenue hike, Marlins' emphasis will be on prospects
The Miami Marlins' new deals for ballpark naming rights and local TV will provide more than $25 million in additional annual revenue, allowing CEO Derek Jeter to increase the team's perpetually small payroll.
Fox News. Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021.
- ADP Payrolls 517K for March: Getting Stronger
The headline was not as strong as the consensus 525K, however, but the clarity of the current economic trajectory is intact.
Zacks. Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021.
- EXCLUSIVE: Republican Study Committee Sends Letter To Biden On Obamacare Anniversary Slamming Dems For Loophole
Biden used two S-corporations to avoid paying $500,000 in payroll
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 23 Mar 2021.
- Jobless crisis shows signs of easing but under-25s hit hard
The number of workers on UK company payrolls
climbed by 200,000 in the three months to February.
BBC News. Tuesday, 23 Mar 2021.
- Payrolled employment rises for third month after a year of lockdown misery for jobs
The number of people in payrolled employment has risen for a third consecutive month despite further lockdown misery for the economy, according to official figures.
Sky News. Tuesday, 23 Mar 2021.
Payroll Processing Services News Headlines and News Summaries