This Payroll news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about payrolls from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Keller Mortgage lays off 150 new employees following hiring spree
After nearly doubling the company's payroll
to 1,000 employees, Keller Williams' lending arm has laid off 150 new recruits, close to one-third of its recent hires.
Inman. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- September's jobs creation comes up short with gain of just 194,000
were expected to increase by 500,000 in September, according to economists surveyed by Dow Jones.
CNBC. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- 10-year Treasury yield rises above 1.6%, shaking off weak September jobs report
rose by just 194,000 in the month of September, compared to the Dow Jones estimate of 500,000.
CNBC. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- Highly Disappointing Nonfarm Payrolls in September
Highly Disappointing Nonfarm Payrolls
Zacks. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- Weak employment and rising prices are raising the stakes for the Fed.
The disappointing payrolls
report for September came at a high-pressure moment for the central bank, as it balances inflation with missing jobs.
New York Times. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- September Jobs Report: Disappointing Payroll But Wages Continue To Rise
The headline coming out of the September 2021 BLS Employment Report is that payroll
job growth was much weaker than expected, for the second month in a row.
Forbes. Friday, 8 Oct 2021.
- Ozy Media got $5.7M in Covid relief loans for payroll: Ex-staffers say they didn't see a cent of it
Ozy continued its downward spiral after several former employees said the company never saved any jobs and actually slashed salaries despite receiving $5.7 million in COVID relief.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- Tampa Bay Rays Lead League in Runs and Strikeouts
With a low payroll
that requires some trade-offs, Tampa Bay led the majors in runs despite leading the A.L. in strikeouts.
New York Times. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- US payrolls added 568,000 jobs last month - the most since June
The ADP National Employment Report showed private payrolls
increased by 568,000 jobs in September. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast private payrolls
would increase 428,000.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 6 Oct 2021.
- Private Payrolls Jump in September
Jump in September.
Zacks. Wednesday, 6 Oct 2021.
- Number of UK job vacancies rise above one million in new record high
The number of employees on UK payrolls
recovered to pre-pandemic levels last month, the Office for National Statistics (ONS) said.
Sky News. Tuesday, 14 Sep 2021.
- Social Security is facing depletion earlier than expected
A shrinking workforce may also pose trouble for the program, which relies on payroll
taxes to finance benefits.
CBS News. Friday, 3 Sep 2021.
- With Payroll Stripped, Chicago Cubs Have Huge Range Of Possibilities
Having eliminated almost $150 million in salaries over the last year, the Chicago Cubs have the flexibility to be aggressive chasing free agents this winter. ...
Forbes. Friday, 27 Aug 2021.
- Scottish payroll numbers climb by 17,000
The official total of 2.4 million is still 28,000 lower than in February 2020, before the Covid pandemic struck.
BBC News. Tuesday, 17 Aug 2021.
- American Employers Added 943,000 Jobs in July
The Labor Department's jobs report, released Friday, shows that nonfarm payroll
employment rose by 943,000 in July, topping the 850,000 jobs U.S. employers added in June.
Entrepreneur. Friday, 6 Aug 2021.
Payroll Processing Services News Headlines and News Summaries