This Payroll news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about payrolls from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 6 Unconventional Growth Tactics to Generate Immediate Ecommerce Revenue
When you're short on making payroll, these tactics can help put immediate cash in your pocket.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 8 Jun 2023.
- Russian hackers are blamed for massive cyber-attack affecting BBC, British Airways and Boots staff
BBC staff are said to be 'jumpy' about the incident which occurred through its Bristol-based payroll
provider Zellis. Security experts Russian-speaking cybercrime gang is behind the attack.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 6 Jun 2023.
- MOVEit hack: BBC, BA and Boots among cyber attack victims
Staff at multiple organisations are warned of a payroll
data breach after an IT supplier is hacked.
BBC News. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Massive cyber attack on thousands of firms including BA and Boots
The cyber attack targeted Zellis, a payroll
provider used by hundreds of companies in Britain. British Airways, owned by IAG, said it was providing affected employees with support.
Daily Mail. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- MLB is a sport divided by historic payroll disparity -- so what's next?
After a slew of rule changes revolutionizing on-the-field play, MLB is turning some of its attention back to economics. And for good reason.
ESPN. Monday, 5 Jun 2023.
- Unemployment dropped among Hispanic men and women in May but rose for Black workers
The U.S. unemployment rate rose overall in May, but declined for Latino workers, according to the latest nonfarm payrolls
CNBC. Friday, 2 Jun 2023.
- Payrolls rose 339,000 in May, much better than expected in resilient labor market
were expected to increase by 190,000 in May, according to Dow Jones.
CNBC. Friday, 2 Jun 2023.
- Nonfarm Payrolls Increased More Than Expectations
Increased More Than Expectations
Zacks. Friday, 2 Jun 2023.
- IRS Processing Updates Include Up To 20-Week Wait For Amended Tax Returns
The IRS recently issued updates about filing and processing returns, including time frames for refunds and payroll
return adjustments (largely for ERCs).
Forbes. Monday, 22 May 2023.
- Mark Vientos Homers in Mets Win After Being Called Up
Mark Vientos, a slugging infielder, was summoned from the minors to help a team that has struggled despite a high payroll.
New York Times. Thursday, 18 May 2023.
- Mark Vientos Called Up by Mets as Team Seeks Offense
Mark Vientos, a slugging infielder, will be asked to provide some pop for a team that has struggled despite a high payroll.
New York Times. Wednesday, 17 May 2023.
- Nonfarm Payrolls Come in Hotter Than Expected
Come in Hotter Than Expected.
Zacks. Friday, 5 May 2023.
- Miami Luxury agent Daniela Rendon pleads guilty to PPP fraud
To launder the funds, the U.S. Attorney's Office says Rendon enrolled with a payroll
processor to issue fraudulent checks to herself, friends and family. ...
Inman. Friday, 28 Apr 2023.
- Stakeknife: Who was Army's top IRA spy Freddie Scappaticci?
He has been linked to 18 murders, all while on the state payroll; some victims were fellow agents.
BBC News. Friday, 14 Apr 2023.
- Real estate adds fewer jobs in an otherwise strong US hiring month
The start of spring usually marks more brokerage transactions and ramped-up construction schedules. But payroll
growth was weaker in March, according to Bureau of Labor Statistics data.
Inman. Friday, 7 Apr 2023.
Payroll Processing Services News Headlines and News Summaries