This Patio and Porch news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about patio and porch news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Model granddaughter of Queen's racing manager Lord Porchester lands Cheltenham Racing role
Model Frankie Herbert, 24, is the granddaughter of Lord 'Porchie' Porchester, the 7th Earl of Carnarvon and a lifelong friend of the Queen. She is the glamorous face of the Cheltenham Festival.
Daily Mail. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- With package theft at an all-time high, Amazon and others are fighting back
Every day, 1.7 million packages are stolen or go missing off doorsteps across the U.S., costing sellers around $9 billion each year. Now, Amazon and others are coming up with new ways to stop the "porch pirates."
CNBC. Saturday, 11 Jan 2020.
- Porch pockets $20.6M in first funding round since 2015
The funds will be used to fund operations and push the company toward profitability, said CEO Matt Ehrlichmann in a statement.
Inman. Thursday, 9 Jan 2020.
- Win the war against porch pirates with the Smart Delivery Box, a porch-front smart storage device
The lock manufacturing company Yale has announced a new smart lock box at this year's CES, which is meant to help protect deliveries from the increasingly common porch
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jan 2020.
- How To Prevent Porch Pirates With Technology
Technology has become available to help buildings prevent porch
pirates, particularly in apartment buildings without doormen or secure package rooms, where deliveries increasingly are left in hallways and outside the building.
Forbes. Tuesday, 31 Dec 2019.
- Pooch pirate: Doorbell camera catches dog stealing package from Oklahoma porch
pirates are a concern for anybody who has online orders delivered to their homes, but one four-legged creature is giving the term a whole other meaning.
ABC News. Sunday, 22 Dec 2019.
- Apparent porch pirate shamed into returning package
A California woman and her son went from eating breakfast to stopping crime when strangers took their neighbor's package.
CBS News. Saturday, 21 Dec 2019.
- California woman confronts porch pirate, shames suspect into returning package
A Southern California woman saw the moment a porch
pirate took a package from a neighbor's front porch
but stopped him from stealing it.
ABC News. Friday, 20 Dec 2019.
- Glitter stink bomb 2.0 to deter 'porch pirates'
Individuals and companies are fighting back against those who steal packages from outside homes.
BBC News. Tuesday, 17 Dec 2019.
- Over a third of Americans are victims of 'porch pirates.' How not to become a statistic
The holiday season is a gold mine for so-called porch
pirates. An estimated 36% of Americans have had a delivery package stolen from outside their residence at least once. Here are some tips on how to protect your goods from box bandits.
CNBC. Friday, 13 Dec 2019.
- Package theft solutions: Porch pirates are no match for these smart home devices - CNET
Keep an eye on your holiday deliveries, even when you're away from home.
CNET. Tuesday, 3 Dec 2019.
- Don't Become a Porch Pirate Victim This Holiday Season
If you ordered something, you're likely expecting a package in the coming weeks.But there's someone else on the lookout for your packages, too: Porch
pirates. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Tuesday, 3 Dec 2019.
- How a struggling Chicago neighborhood made its way back
CHICAGO (AP) - With the echo of African drums, Fairfield Avenue comes alive. Men, women and children, drawn to their front porches by the pulsing beat, witness an impromptu parade led by 60-year-old Hasan Smith. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 25 Nov 2019.
- The Magical Quality Of Blue Porch Ceilings
What started out as a Southern tradition, blue porch
ceilings have become a trend across the country.
Forbes. Saturday, 23 Nov 2019.
- Police Department Accepting Shipped Packages for Safety
Glenn Heights Police are allowing residents to have packages shipped to the police department. It's called "Operation Front Porch
." It's an effort to keep porch
pirates from stealing your packages.
NBC. Thursday, 21 Nov 2019.
Patios and Porches News Headlines and News Summaries