This Passenger Railroad news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about passenger railroad and passenger train news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Hundreds stranded and buildings collapse as Taiwan is hit by powerful earthquake
Taiwan has been rocked by a powerful earthquake which toppled a three-storey building, stranded around 400 tourists on a mountainside and knocked part of a passenger train
off its tracks.
Sky News. Sunday, 18 Sep 2022.
- Amtrak Is Scrambling to Restore Canceled Trains
The rail service had started canceling all long-distance passenger trains on Wednesday because of the possible work stoppage on freight railroads.
New York Times. Thursday, 15 Sep 2022.
- Amtrak Halts Long-Distance Service Over Freight Rail Labor Dispute
The passenger railroad
said trains would operate only if they could complete trips by 12:01 a.m. Friday. Most Northeast Corridor service will continue.
New York Times. Wednesday, 14 Sep 2022.
- Hydrogen-Powered Passenger Trains Are Now Running in Germany
They're expected to keep some 4,000 tons of carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere each year
Smithsonian. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- Three killed after passenger train collides with lorry and derails in Missouri
At least three people have been killed and around 50 people are said to have been injured after several carriages of a passenger train
derailed on its way from Los Angeles to Chicago.
Sky News. Monday, 27 Jun 2022.
- Iran train derailment: At least 17 people killed, 50 others injured
A passenger train
in eastern Iran partially derailed on Wednesday, leaving at least 17 people dead and injuring another 50, according to authorities.
Fox News. Wednesday, 8 Jun 2022.
- Train crash in Germany leaves at least 9 dead
Two passenger trains collided in southern Germany Tuesday, killing at least 9 and injuring more than 150 people. The accident happened along a river, which complicated the rescue effort. Don Champion reports.
CBS News. Monday, 6 Jun 2022.
- Candid TikTok video of passengers on Scotland-bound LNER train goes viral
Student Aisha Khan filmed an LNER passenger train
that her train was overtaking - with the resulting TikTok clip garnering around three million views.
Daily Mail. Friday, 1 Apr 2022.
- Snaking through the Australian Outback on The Ghan, the world's longest passenger train
Claudia Joseph boards The Ghan for an unforgettable train journey from Darwin to Adelaide. She says it ranks as one of life's bucket-list experiences.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 27 Mar 2022.
Passenger Railroads News Headlines and News Summaries