This Painting news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about painting news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Overlooked No More: Janet Sobel, Whose Art Influenced Jackson Pollock
With no formal art training, working in her Brooklyn apartment, she took up the drip style of painting
that Pollock later made famous.
New York Times. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- These Millennia-Old Cave Paintings May Be Among India's Oldest
Locals have known about the artworks for generations, but government archaeologists only began documenting them this summer
Smithsonian. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Vegan artist's graphic anti-fox hunting painting is removed from art gallery after complaint
Joanne Oddie's graphic werewolf attacking huntsman painting
was called 'offensive' and 'out of place' by fox hunting, Welsh community, prompting the painting
to be removed
Daily Mail. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Delia Smith buys Nick Chinnery's Norwich paintings series
Nick Chinnery, who only started painting
in 2017, says it is "fantastic" to have sold his entire set.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Newlyn fishing paintings reveal 'phenomenal' lives of fishermen
Artist Henrietta Graham spent four-and-a-half years observing the fishing community.
BBC News. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Models ditch their clothes to become human works of art in New York City's annual Bodypainting Day
Almost fifty models covered in colorful and unique designs marched from Union Square Park to Washington Square Park in Manhattan before heading to Brooklyn in full body paint.
Daily Mail. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Artist Alice Neel, a collector of souls
While the art world was celebrating abstract expressionism and other avant-garde movements, the 20th century American artist's radical figurative paintings revealed the complexity and dignity of her often-overlooked subjects.
CBS News. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- A Painting or an NFT of It: Which Will Be More Valuable?
The new technology is raising questions about the risks and rewards of investing in digital art forms.
New York Times. Friday, 23 Jul 2021.
- The 24 most expensive photos that sold for millions
Most of us will be aware that paintings can fetch tens, even hundreds of millions of dollars, but digital photos can be just as collectable and demand
Pocket Lint. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Abstract artist creates business making one of a kind backdrops
Jessica Raye Dekker went from painting
in her driveway, to becoming the one of the most sought out artists creating custom backdrops for photographers
ABC News. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Stolen Artwork Sold at Auction To Be Returned to Woman Depicted in Painting
stolen in 1972 will be returned to a woman who was depicted in the painting
when she was 7.
NBC. Wednesday, Jul 21 2021.
- This art-themed yoga class fully immerses participants inside Vincent van Gogh's famous paintings
"Gogh with Lifeway Kefir" immersive yoga class in San Francisco immerses attendees in the animated works of Van Gogh.
ABC News. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- Alma Thomas' Boundary-Breaking Art Takes Center Stage
The first Black woman to headline a solo show at the Whitney, the artist created abstract paintings, marionettes and more
Smithsonian. Monday, 19 Jul 2021.
- Hunter Biden's art deal will keep buyers' identities a secret
His work is expected to fetch between $75,000 and $500,000 per painting, according to his gallery.
CBS News. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Home Depot, Lowe's amp up focus on home pros, as consumers swap DIY projects for parties, travel
Customers tackled do-it-yourself projects during the pandemic, but are now inviting contractors back into their homes and dining out instead of painting
CNBC. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
Painting Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries