This Painting news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about painting news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The Paradoxical Mindset Of Powerful Leadership
A common vision of success is that of the intrepid risk taker, painting
a picture of the future and leading a team towards it. But that is only half the story.
Forbes. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- From 1996: A landmark Vermeer exhibition
"Sunday Morning" visited the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C., to view a rare showing of paintings by Johannes Vermeer - approximately two-thirds of the 17th century artist's surviving works. ...
CBS News. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Saudi prince's reported da Vinci purchase sign of cultural shift?
A new report suggests a Saudi Arabian prince is the mysterious buyer of a rare Leonardo da Vinci painting
. The "Salvator Mundi" painting
was sold at auction for a record $450 million. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Millionaire Instagram artist who started 'glitter boobs' trend is walking away from painting nudes
Sophie Tea, the millionaire Instagram artist who kickstarted the glitter boob trend and became well know for her empowering portraits of naked women is moving on to new things.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Sotheby's to accept bitcoin and ether for an upcoming auction of a Banksy painting
Sotheby's is partnering with Coinbase to accept bitcoin and ether as payment options in an upcoming auction of a Banksy painting
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- Sotheby's offers first ever auction cryptocurrency payment option as it sells Banksy for $3m-$5m
Sotheby's will accept cryptocurrency at its May 12 auction of the 'Love is in the Air' Banksy painting, right. It will be the first time the digital currency has been accepted for a fine art auction sale.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
- LS Lowry: Artist's rare rugby crowd painting going on show
LS Lowry's paintings more commonly showed crowds going to football matches rather than rugby league.
BBC News. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- Henny Beaumont: Painting the female victims of violence
Illustrator and cartoonist Henny Beaumont on why she's memorialising female victims of violence.
BBC News. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Rare Basquiat 'skull' painting could fetch more than $50 million at auction
The expected value of the Jean-Michel Basquiat painting
is a sign that the art market is flush with cash, and lofty prices are enticing sellers.
CNBC. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Maradona masterpieces: Argentina legend inspires wonderful works of art
Maximiliano Bagnasco's paintings of Diego Maradona have connected with many in Argentina and beyond since the soccer icon's death late last year.
ESPN. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Renaissance-Era Florentine Frescoes Spent Centuries Hidden in Plain Sight
Renovations at the Uffizi Gallery revealed two overlooked paintings of Medici dukes, among other intriguing finds
Smithsonian. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Trove of African Modernist Masterpieces Spent Decades Hidden in Rural Scotland
A two-year research project identified 12 overlooked paintings, drawings and prints by pioneering 20th-century artists
Smithsonian. Friday, 23 Apr 2021.
- 'Red Lines' And Rosy Promises: Five Takeaways From Putin's State-Of-The-Nation Speech
In his state-of-the-nation speech, Russian President Vladimir Putin focused mainly on domestic matters, painting
a picture of unity months ahead of important elections. ...
Radio Liberty. Wednesday, 21 Apr 2021.
- Oscars 2021: International celebration for best song nominee has Iceland residents literally painting the town red
Residents of Iceland have embraced an Oscar-nominated song with a strong sense of local pride. The town's main street has been painted red for citizens to create their own red carpet moments in honor of "Husavik."
ABC News. Tuesday, 20 Apr 2021.
- Claude Monet painting from famed Water Lilies series to go under hammer for around £29m
A "monumental" painting
by Claude Monet from his celebrated and famed Water Lilies series is to go on sale at auction in New York for around $40m (£29m).
Sky News. Sunday, 18 Apr 2021.
Painting Contractors News Headlines and News Summaries