This Packaging news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about packaging news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Mighty Morphing 'Flat-Pack' Pasta Changes Shape in Boiling Water
The new noodle could save packaging
materials by eliminating airspace inside food cartons
Smithsonian. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- 'Flat-pack pasta' morphs from 2D to 3D and could slash the need for excessive plastic packaging
A study found imprinting raw pasta with grooves in a specific pattern allows them to be stored flat but morph into various classical pasta arrangements when served.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Food giants respond to worries over packaging
The phasing out of single-use plastics gathers pace with big companies adopting alternatives.
BBC News. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Social media users baffled after spotting LANDSCAPE cereal boxes on shelves
Social media users have been left baffled after a photograph taken by Laura Lexx, from Brighton, went viral showing landscape cereal boxes - rather than the traditional portrait packaging
Daily Mail. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- TriMas (TRS) Q1 Earnings and Revenues Beat Estimates, Up Y/Y
Robust demand in TriMas' (TRS) Packaging
segment led to improved first-quarter 2021 revenues despite ongoing weakness in some end markets.
Zacks. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Why Fast-paced Mover Graphic Packaging (GPK) Is a Great Choice for Value Investors
(GPK) could be a great choice for investors looking to buy stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices. ...
Zacks. Monday, 3 May 2021.
- Oral Care Companies Finally Tackle Packaging Waste
President Biden made headlines this week at the Earth Day Climate Summit by pledging to reduce US greenhouse emissions by 50% by the end of the decade. For that to happen plastic production and use needs to continue to be rethought.
Forbes. Saturday, 24 Apr 2021.
- Meet Plus, A New Zero-Waste Personal Care Brand That Wants You To Throw Your Packaging Down The Drain
Plus is reimagining personal care and the waste it generates by creating products that are better for consumers and better for the planet.
Forbes. Thursday, 22 Apr 2021.
- Women sue birth control drugmaker over pregnancies
More than 100 women are suing Qualitest Pharmaceuticals, a subsidiary of Endo Pharmaceuticals, for a birth control packaging
error they say resulted in unplanned pregnancies. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 10 Apr 2021.
- South Korea beauty brand sorry for 'paper bottle' label fail
South Korea's Innisfree is accused of "greenwashing" for selling misleading eco-friendly packaging
BBC News. Friday, 9 Apr 2021.
- In-N-Out president on faith and haters
In an exclusive interview, the iconic burger chain's president Lynsi Snyder tells Ben Tracy about the Bible citations on In-N-Out's packaging
and why she doesn't worry too much about the haters. Watch the full story.
CBS News. Thursday, 8 Apr 2021.
- Hong Kong suspends vaccinations of BioNTech shots after defective packaging found in one batch
HONG KONG (AP) - Hong Kong suspends vaccinations of BioNTech shots after defective packaging
found in one batch.
Washington Times. Tuesday, 23 Mar 2021.
- Foods From Afar Hope to Catch the Eye of American Shoppers
Immigrant entrepreneurs are working with designers and brand strategists to create packaging
that appeals to a wider range of consumers.
New York Times. Monday, 22 Mar 2021.
- Covid-19 worsened the single-use plastics problem. Here's why it could also fuel solutions
The pandemic fueled demand for single-use plastic and packaging, but advocates say it has also only underscored the need for sustainability.
CNBC. Wednesday, 17 Mar 2021.
- Mars Wrigley announces compostable packaging for its candy brands
Composting and candy go hand in hand.
Fox News. Tuesday, 16 Mar 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries