This Packaging news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about packaging news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- States Push to Charge Packagers for Recycling, but Industry Fights
Some say shifting packaging
disposal costs away from taxpayers and toward producers is long overdue.
Voice of America. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Molson Coors says hard seltzer is here to stay, as it puts its focus behind Vizzy, Topo Chico
Molson Coors reported better-than-expected earnings on Thursday, but its stock remained flat on concerns about rising transportation and packaging
CNBC. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- The seaweed farmers with high hopes for their harvest
Kelp grown off the coast of the Isle of Skye could be used in food, packaging
and cosmetic products.
BBC News. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Sealed Air (SEE) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Cards?
Sealed Air's (SEE) Q2 results likely to highlight benefits from solid packaging
demand for food and protective packaging
solutions, surging e-commerce activities and savings from Reinvent SEE Strategy.
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Food firms warn over government plan to make them pay for waste disposal
Under plans under consolation, UK businesses would have to calculate the amount of packaging
they have produced and then pay the cost of disposing of it.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Packaging Corp (PKG) Q2 Earnings & Sales Top Estimates, Up Y/Y
Corp (PKG) reports improved Q2 bottom-line results aided by higher volume, price and mix in packaging
segment despite higher costs.
Zacks. Tuesday, 27 Jul 2021.
- Georgian Condom Company Wins Freedom Of Expression Case At European Rights Court
A Georgian condom company that uses creative advertising on its packaging
has won a freedom of expression case at the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR).
Radio Liberty. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Marmite to Magnum maker Unilever says costs have soared - and it's already putting up prices
Every day, it seems, there is fresh evidence of a take-off in inflation - whether it is soaring petrol prices, higher building materials prices or rising paper and packaging
Sky News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- CPG Brands Are Looking To Connected Packaging To Connect With Consumers
The pandemic has challenged the consumer industry in unprecedented ways and for consumer brands, it has made two problems particularly acute.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Hasbro whistleblower claims of CRT push through toy packaging; training says 6 month olds can be racist
An employee working on a project for Hasbro blew the whistle on reported critical race theory training inside the toy and boardgame giant on "Hannity."
Fox News. Tuesday, 20 Jul 2021.
- Factory Fire in Bangladesh Kills at Least 51
The blaze, at a seven-story building where fruit drinks, packing materials and plastic packaging
were made, burned for nearly 24 hours.
New York Times. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Heinz 'Hot Dog Pact' campaign calls for equal packaging: Will you sign?
Do you ever have extra hot dogs and not enough buns? Well, you're not alone!
ABC News. Wednesday, 7 Jul 2021.
- Singapore online retailers go green by merging fashion with sustainability
There are rising concerns about packaging
waste as internet shopping takes off, but some retailers say they won't let sustainability take a backseat.
CNBC. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
- Turkey's banning our plastic, so where do we send it now?
Turkey is expected to ban most plastic waste sent from the UK, thousands of tonnes of packaging
will need a new home.
BBC News. Thursday, 1 Jul 2021.
- New Packaging Film Can Keep Strawberries Fresh For 12 Days
Every year, Americans consume 3.4 pounds of fresh strawberries. However, keeping them fresh is a challenge because strawberries only last one to two days when left on the counter and up to seven days in the refrigerator. ...
Forbes. Tuesday, 29 Jun 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries