This Packaging news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about packaging news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- FormFactor (FORM) Beats Q3 Earnings & Revenue Estimates
FormFactor's (FORM) third-quarter earnings are driven by strong demand for both Foundry & Logic probe cards. Also, both advanced packaging
and 5G remain the main growth drivers.
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Amazon launches 'climate-friendly' platform to reduce amount of packaging
Amazon has launched an 'eco-friendly' platform on its website in a bid to reduce the amount of packaging
sent to customers as well as minimising its carbon footprint.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Oct 2020.
- Packaging Corp's (PKG) Q3 Earnings & Sales Top Estimates
Corp's (PKG) Q3 earnings decline, year over year, on lower prices and mix in the Packaging
and Paper segments, dismal volumes in the Paper segment and scheduled maintenance outage costs.
Zacks. Tuesday, 27 Oct 2020.
- How This Company Plans To Put A Carbon Price Tag On Your Jeans And Sneakers
Much like calorie counts on menus and nutritional information on food packaging, could our purchases soon come with a CO2 tag displaying how much carbon they generated?
Forbes. Monday, 26 Oct 2020.
- Shopaholics encourage ASOS to add an 'albi' option to their packaging to disguise orders
Online retailer ASOS, asked Facebook users for their opinion on the addition of a button to disguise orders as 'prizes' to sneak past disapproving members of their household.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- Business Reporter BrandVoice: Award-Winning Solutions That Actually Help You Meet Your Sustainability Goals
As sustainability becomes a more prominent issue, Accredo has risen to the challenge of offering to its customers various sustainable packaging
solutions by adhering to its core mission of sustainability.
Forbes. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Seaweed may be the solution to our plastic crisis. A London startup is making edible packaging out of it.
The plastic-like seaweed packaging
made by Notpla is biodegradable within six weeks, compared to hundreds of years for synthetic plastics.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Johnnie Walker's paper bottle is just one step in a wider race toward sustainable packaging
The only way to stop "catastrophic" climate change is for businesses to work together, according to Diageo's global director of society Kate Gibson.
CNBC. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- Intel wins second phase of contract to help Pentagon develop chips
Under the project, Intel will help the military develop prototypes of chips using its semiconductor packaging
technology at factories in Arizona and Oregon. ...
Yahoo. Friday, 2 Oct 2020.
- Cream of Wheat to Drop Black Chef From Packaging, Company Says
The hot cereal joins Aunt Jemima, Eskimo Pie and other products that have shifted brand names and images amid calls for racial justice.
New York Times. Sunday, 27 Sep 2020.
- Reusing tableware can reduce waste from online food deliveries
In China, approximately 10 billion online food orders were served to over 400 million customers in 2018. All of these orders came in single-use plastic packaging, with single-use plastic tableware. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 25 Sep 2020.
- Pringles and Cadbury 'failing on recycled packaging'
KitKats and Babybel are among other big brands that did badly in the Which? recycling test.
BBC News. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- Top food brands lack green packaging, says Which?
Pringles, Cadbury and Babybel are among big names that failed the Which? recycling test.
BBC News. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- 2 killed in fire at North Carolina paper packaging mill
CANTON, N.C. (AP) - Two people were killed when a paper packaging
mill caught fire in North Carolina, according to authorities. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 23 Sep 2020.
- Velcro-like food sensor detects spoilage and contamination
Engineers have designed a Velcro-like food sensor, made from an array of silk microneedles, that pierces through plastic packaging
to sample food for signs of spoilage and bacterial contamination.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 9 Sep 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries