This Packaging news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about packaging news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Liviri Vino Promises Sustainable Wine Shipments In Any Season (Even August!)
Liviri Vino box was born to address the pain points of wine shipping: heat, cold, durability fails and packaging
Forbes. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- TriMas (TRS) Earnings and Revenues Beat Estimates in Q2
TriMas' (TRS) second-quarter revenues improved from the prior year driven by record sales in the Packaging
segment and recent acquisitions.
Zacks. Wednesday, 5 Aug 2020.
- Ball Corp (BLL) to Report Q2 Earnings: What's in the Offing?
Ball Corp's (BLL) Q2 performance likely to reflect benefits from solid demand for aluminum packaging, cost-cutting actions and robust aerospace backlog.
Zacks. Monday, 3 Aug 2020.
- Trader Joe's will remove 'racist' food packaging like 'Trader Ming's' and 'Trader Jose's'
Trader Joe's revealed that ethnic brand names like 'Trader Ming's' and 'Arabian Joe' would be removed from products after an online petition criticized the names as racist
Daily Mail. Monday, 20 Jul 2020.
- Trader Joe's to eliminate product names criticized as racist
Trader Joe's says it's retiring in-house labels such as Trader Jose's and Trader Ming's. A petition faulted company for "racist branding and packaging
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 20 Jul 2020.
- Carrie Symonds slams Amazon for too much plastic packaging
Carrie Symonds, 32, who lives at Downing Street with Boris Johnson and their son, said she was 'dismayed' at the amount of plastic packaging
used by Amazon in their baby products.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 14 Jul 2020.
- Rare Super Mario becomes highest-selling video game
The auctioned game, still in its original 1985 packaging, sold to an anonymous bidder for $114,000.
BBC News. Tuesday, 14 Jul 2020.
- As the coronavirus changes the way we shop, stores press ahead with plans to cut plastic use
The retail industry is undergoing a big shift when it comes to plastic packaging
CNBC. Tuesday, 14 Jul 2020.
- Lone Wolf announces new integrated cloud solutions for every stakeholder
The popular technology provider Lone Wolf Technologies is packaging
its businesswide solutions according to industry stakeholder to better communicate product offerings and help agents, teams and brokers connect systems.
Inman. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Russian ice cream in 'gay propaganda' row
The ice cream maker was accused of promoting homosexuality after using a rainbow on its packaging
BBC News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Plastic waste surges as coronavirus prompts restaurants to use more disposable packaging
The surge in single-use plastic is a major blow to the fight against plastic pollution, which is projected to increase by 40% in the next decade.
CNBC. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Here Are All The Brands That Are Changing Racist Names And Packaging
Aunt Jemima is far from the only brand to address racist origins and imagery amid global protests.
Forbes. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- A strain of the coronavirus imported from Europe is most likely to blame for the outbreak in Beijing, WHO believes
Experts believe that imported frozen foods used at the wholesale market could have been contaminated with the virus during packaging
Yahoo. Saturday, 20 Jun 2020.
- Aunt Jemima changing its name and image
A spokesperson said the company recognizes "Aunt Jemima's origins are based on a racial stereotype." A new name and packaging
will roll out later this year.
CBS News. Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020.
- AstraZeneca picks Catalent for packaging, supplying potential COVID-19 vaccine
British drugmaker AstraZeneca Plc has struck a deal with contract manufacturer Catalent Inc to help meet its global target of supplying two billion doses of its potential COVID-19 vaccine.
Reuters. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
News Headlines and News Summaries