This Outdoor news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about outdoors from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- California expands drought emergency, covering 30% of population
Governor Gavin Newsom urged residents to cut back on their water usage by taking shorter showers and limiting outdoor
watering, among other things.
CBS News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Fans to return to sport in England from 17 May
Prime Minister Boris Johnson confirms up to 10,000 fans will be permitted at outdoor
sports venues from 17 May.
BBC News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Jemma Reekie beats Laura Muir to win 800m at Golden Games
Great Britain's Jemma Reekie runs an outdoor
personal best as she wins the 800m at the Golden Games in California in the United States.
BBC News. Monday, 10 May 2021.
- Eddie Bauer: The Man, The Brand, The Plan
The venerable outdoorsy label has new owners who will be the latest to try to find the right market positioning for a name that has been nothing if not an adventure.
Forbes. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Britons flock to parks and beauty spots before washout week ahead
Britons descended upon the nation's outdoor
spaces today amid forecasts of a washout week ahead, with temperatures predicted to hit 53F in southern parts of the country tonight.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 9 May 2021.
- Biden jokes with reporter who asked him why he wears a mask 'so often'
Joe Biden joked with a reporter Friday when the fully vaccinated president was asked why he continues to wear a mask 'so often' before he then put his mask on outdoors
to fly to Camp David.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Gitano Garden of Love: Outdoor dining in a jungle in the heart of the concrete jungle
Gitano Garden of Love: Outdoor
dining in a jungle in the heart of the concrete jungle
ABC News. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Why Earnings Season Could Be Great for Clear Channel Outdoor (CCO)
Clear Channel Outdoor
(CCO) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.
Zacks. Friday, 7 May 2021.
- Watch Live: Minn. governor unveils timeline to end COVID restrictions
Limits on seating at outdoor
stadiums and other entertainment venues could be lifted by Memorial Day weekend.
CBS News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Vista Outdoor Never Stops Making Ammo, Feeding Insatiable Demand
Ammunition maker Vista Outdoor
reported a record operating results for the quarter and fiscal year, with a 40% jump in quarterly sales to $597 million, including a 37% jump in shooting sports sales related to $403 million.
Forbes. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- These home renovations will give you the greatest returns
The home renovation market boomed last year and continues to flourish now, with outdoor
renovations leading the list of the top value-creating projects.
CNBC. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Daylight Attack on 2 Asian Women in San Francisco Increases Fears
The stabbing on Market Street this week and other attacks have caused some older Asian-American residents in the Bay Area to fear going outdoors, community leaders said.
New York Times. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Vaccinated Campers Can Remove Masks Outdoors, C.D.C. Head Says
The agency was criticized over its guidance that campers should wear masks except when eating, drinking, swimming or napping.
New York Times. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: NIKE, Deckers Outdoor Corp, Skechers U.S.A., Carter's and Wolverine World Wide
Zacks Industry Outlook Highlights: NIKE, Deckers Outdoor
Corp, Skechers U.S.A., Carter's and Wolverine World Wide
Zacks. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- Jim Cramer says these outdoor plays are a buy as the economy reopens
"As the pandemic winds down, I think the great outdoors
theme has more legs than you realize," the "Mad Money" host said.
CNBC. Tuesday, 4 May 2021.
News Headlines and News Summaries