This Outdoor news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about outdoors from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Five Luxury Residences That Recreate The Resort Experience At Home
From a picture-perfect oceanfront Hawaiian retreat complete with outdoor
shower to a golf course-adjacent spot in Oregon, here's a look at five homes that captivate not only with their idyllic settings but also their ultra-luxury perks.
Forbes. Sunday, 2 Oct 2022.
- Homeless charity plea to move soup kitchen indoors
The charity behind Scotland's busiest outdoor
soup kitchen wants to find a building for winter.
BBC News. Saturday, 1 Oct 2022.
- Helen of Troy (HELE) Q2 Earnings Coming Up: Things to Note
Helen of Troy's (HELE) fiscal second-quarter performance will likely reflect the impacts of high inflation and supply chain disruptions. Strength in the Home & Outdoor
category is aiding.
Zacks. Friday, 30 Sep 2022.
- Garmin (GRMN) Enhances Outdoor Segment With inReach Messenger
Garmin (GRMN) introduces a communication-focused device named inReach Messenger for two-way texting, location sharing and SOS sending.
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- In case out of Grants Pass, Ore., court reaffirms right of homeless to sleep outside
The U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals expanded protections for homeless people sleeping outdoors
in a decision with ramifications for other cities, including L.A.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 29 Sep 2022.
- Rapper Lil Wayne is Selling His Waterfront Miami Mansion For $30 Million
The half-acre property, located behind gates on Allison Island, is complete with a movie theater, wine cellar, indoor-outdoor living spaces, and a gorgeous backyard.
Forbes. Wednesday, 28 Sep 2022.
- Car driven at 100 mph shatters outdoor NYC restaurant space before driver limps away
A red Nissan Murano was found underneath a Honda CRV on Saturday night at around 10 pm in between 111th St and Second and Third Avenues in upper Manhattan after crashing into two cars earlier.
Daily Mail. Monday, 26 Sep 2022.
- COLOUR UP FOR SPRING: Planting now can give next year's borders a cheery boost
Nigel Colborn says that now is the time to start planting if you want a cheerful, colourful spring display. The UK gardening expert advises that tenders plants won't be safe outdoors
Daily Mail. Sunday, 25 Sep 2022.
- NBA Fines Anthony Edwards $40,000 for Anti-Gay Remarks
Edwards, a Minnesota Timberwolves guard, used homophobic language to refer to a group of people as they stood outdoors. A video of the remarks was posted to Instagram.
New York Times. Wednesday, 21 Sep 2022.
- Temporary watering ban lifted in Los Angeles County as pipeline repair completed early
The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California says residents and businesses in affected areas can resume limited watering outdoors
after repairs to the 36-mile pipeline.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 19 Sep 2022.
- Patagonia founder transfers ownership to environmentally focused entities
The founder of outdoor
apparel brand Patagonia transferred ownership of the company to two entities that will carry on his "dead serious" mission of protecting the environment.
Washington Times. Thursday, 15 Sep 2022.
- LG conducts successful 6G data trial, could make 1 terabit per second speeds possible
LG has been hard at work on its 6G data technologies and has now successfully tested its system over a distance of 320 meters outdoors.The test took place
Pocket Lint. Wednesday, 14 Sep 2022.
- These are the 5 best cities in the world for baby boomer travelers
Holidu, a travel search engine, found that baby boomers value being able to explore the great outdoors
the most when traveling.
CNBC. Saturday, 10 Sep 2022.
- Apple Watch Ultra vs. Garmin Enduro 2: Exploring the key differences
The Watch Ultra is Apple's latest smartwatch for athletes, explorers, and even divers. So, how does it stack up against Garmin's tried-and-true Enduro 2? Here are the key reasons to buy one or the other for your outdoor
ZDNet. Friday, 9 Sep 2022.
- Should billboard advertising be banned?
Campaigners want to see the end of all outdoor
advertising, calling it "sight pollution".
BBC News. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
News Headlines and News Summaries