This Orthopedic news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about orthopedic and orthopedist news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Colfax (CFX) Poised to Gain From Buyouts, Suffers From Debts
Colfax's (CFX) acquisition of DJO Global marks its entry into the orthopedic solutions industry. High debts and forex woes remain concerning.
Zacks. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- A Doctor on a Mission to Help Treat Childhood Sport Injuries
One of the worlds more renowned orthopedic surgeons is turning his attention to child athletes here in North Texas. Dr. James Andrews said the number of children he is treating with sports injuries is alarming.
NBC. Sunday, 28 Apr 2019.
- Lori Loughlin steps out to a doctor's appointment after extra charges
Lori Loughlin, 54, was spotted visiting an orthopedic center in Santa Monica on Wednesday just one day after she was hit with additional charges in the college bribery scandal.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 10 Apr 2019.
- Feds charge 2 dozen in billion dollar Medicare brace scam
Federal authorities say they've busted a $1.2 billion Medicare scam that peddled unneeded orthopedic braces via foreign call centers
ABC News. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- Feds break up $1.2B Medicare orthopedic brace scam
The Justice Department announced charges against 24 people across the U.S., including doctors accused of writing bogus prescriptions.
CNBC. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- Feds break up $1.2B scam that peddled orthopedic braces to seniors
The Justice Department announced charges Tuesday against 24 people across the U.S.
CBS News. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- Feds: $1B Medicare scam peddled unneeded orthopedic braces to hundreds of thousands of seniors via foreign call centers
Feds: $1B Medicare scam peddled unneeded orthopedic braces to hundreds of thousands of seniors via foreign call centers
ABC News. Tuesday, 9 Apr 2019.
- Colfax Buys DJO Global, Enters Orthopedic Solutions Industry
The DJO Global acquisition is in sync with Colfax's (CFX) efforts to diversify its business structure.
Zacks. Wednesday, 27 Feb 2019.
- Doctor warns of the rise in cases of 'selfie wrist'
A San Francisco-based orthopedic surgeon says our obsessive need to take selfies is causing a condition known as 'selfie wrist', a form of carpal tunnel syndrome, due to constant hyperflexing.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 27 Dec 2018.
- Orthopedic group blazes trail as hip, knee replacements move out of hospitals
A newly formed surgeon group in Michigan is aggressively moving to prove outpatient orthopedic surgery can be just as effective as traditional inpatient surgery for much lower costs.
Modern Healthcare. Monday, 10 Dec 2018.
- Ex-DT Floyd to sue Dr. Andrews for $180 million
Sharrif Floyd, a former defensive tackle for the Minnesota Vikings, is expected to file a $180 million lawsuit in a Florida court on Tuesday against Dr. James Andrews, the Andrews Institute for Orthopedic Surgery and others.
ESPN. Monday, 5 Nov 2018.
- NorthShore invests in orthopedics, immediate care
About 20 months after its star-crossed plan to merge with Advocate crashed and burned, the health system in Chicago's suburbs is betting big on specialization as well as outpatient care.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 25 Oct 2018.
- Aspirin alone a good clot buster after knee surgery
When it comes to preventing blood clots after a knee replacement, good old aspirin may be just as effective as newer, more expensive drugs, such as rivaroxaban (Xarelto), according to a orthopedics study.
Science Daily. Monday, 22 Oct 2018.
- Hip and knee surgeons to use Apple Watch to monitor patients
Up to 10,000 Americans due to have hip or knee replacements will be able to funnel basic health data directly from their Apple Watches to their surgeons under a new app being tested by orthopedics company Zimmer Biomet.
Reuters. Monday, 15 Oct 2018.
- Fitness after 50: Do or don't?
Outrage is growing across gyms in the Queen City after Carolina Orthopedic was cited in an article listing exercises you should never do after age 50.
Fox News. Wednesday, 3 Oct 2018.
Orthopedic wrist brace
Related Directory Page(s)
Orthopedists News Headlines and News Summaries