This Oil and Gas news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about oil and gas news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Methane emissions from abandoned oil and gas wells underestimated
A recent study finds that annual methane emissions from abandoned oil and gas
(AOG) wells in Canada and the US have been greatly underestimated - by as much as 150% in Canada, and by 20% in the US. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 21 Jan 2021.
- Researchers trace geologic origins of Gulf of Mexico 'super basin' success
The Gulf of Mexico holds huge untapped offshore oil deposits that could help power the U.S. for decades. According to researchers, the basin's vast oil and gas
reserves are the result of a remarkable geologic past. ...
Science Daily. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- McKinsey: Low Cost Renewables Will Outcompete Fossil Assets By 2030
2020 saw renewables replace fossil fuels in Europe for the first time and low cost renewables will soon outcompete coal, oil and gas
Forbes. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Oil And Gas Industry Must Get Serious About Climate Change To Compete For Millennial And Gen Z Workforce
The oil and gas
sector has an image problem among the workforce it needs for the future. To compete with the tech, medical and other industries, it will have to do more than pay lip service to addressing climate change.
Forbes. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Comtech (CMTL) Unit Wins $2.7M Deal for CS67PLUS Troposcatter
Comtech's (CMTL) subsidiary clinches a $2.7 million contract from an international oil and gas
company for supplying its software-defined CS67PLUS troposcatter radio/modem.
Zacks. Tuesday, 5 Jan 2021.
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Diamondback Energy, HighPoint Resources, Northern Oil and Gas and Matador Resources
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Diamondback Energy, HighPoint Resources, Northern Oil and Gas
and Matador Resources
Zacks. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
- Japan to eliminate gas-powered cars, go carbon-neutral in 30 years
Some question whether the naturally resource-poor Asian nation will be able to wean itself off imported oil and gas
CBS News. Friday, 25 Dec 2020.
- Cairn Energy win long-running tax battle with Indian authorities
It was one of the most spectacular and heart-warming triumphs ever seen in the oil and gas
Sky News. Wednesday, 23 Dec 2020.
- Scientists left 'speechless' after black 'sand-like' dust from asteroid found in capsule
Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) officials said they found more than the anticipated amount of soil and gas inside the small capsule.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 15 Dec 2020.
- Oil drilling company claims clothing brand rejected order
"The virtue of our business is just poorly understood by folks." Press play to hear how the CEO of the oil and gas
ABC News. Saturday, 12 Dec 2020.
- Climate change: UK to end aid for fossil fuel projects abroad
As the UK hosts a key climate summit, the government announces an end to funding for overseas oil and gas
BBC News. Saturday, 12 Dec 2020.
- Denmark set to end all new oil and gas exploration
The European Union's largest oil producer plans to stop extracting fossil fuels by 2050.
BBC News. Friday, 4 Dec 2020.
- Arctic National Wildlife Refuge oil and gas sale pushed forward
The sale, which was directed by Trump's Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, will allow companies to drill oil and gas
in an area that was originally created to "preserve unique wildlife, wilderness and recreational values."
CBS News. Thursday, 3 Dec 2020.
- Sale of Arctic Refuge Oil and Gas Leases Is Set for Early January
The Trump administration, hastening its last-ditch effort to allow drilling there, said the sales would happen 30 days after an announcement is published in the Federal Register on Monday.
New York Times. Thursday, 3 Dec 2020.
- Wolf vetoes bills on firearms during emergency, gas drilling
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) - Gov. Tom Wolf on Wednesday vetoed bills on firearms during the pandemic or other emergencies and about the regulation and plugging of conventional oil and gas
Washington Times. Wednesday, 25 Nov 2020.
Oil and Gas Companies News Headlines and News Summaries