This Oil and Gas news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about oil and gas news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Roper (ROP) to Report Q3 Earnings: Is a Beat in the Cards?
Roper's (ROP) third-quarter 2020 earnings are likely to have gained from strong network software and medical products. Weak upstream oil and gas
businesses are expected to have hurt results.
Zacks. Friday, 23 Oct 2020.
- Why Equinor (EQNR) Offers a Good Buying Opportunity Now
Over the years, Equinor (EQNR) has developed its expertise to expand upstream operations outside of conventional offshore resources to the prolific shale oil and gas
Zacks. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Creating Resilience In Oil And Gas Supply Chains With Technology
While capital allocation continues to be top of mind for oil and gas
companies, the focus on digitalization and the need to cultivate more coordination between suppliers and customers needs greater attention.
Forbes. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Down And Out: Bankruptcy Valuations Portend Production Declines
Projections and reorganization valuations of some recent oil and gas
debtors demonstrate that creditors are aiming to ride existing production out of bankruptcy as opposed to drilling their way out of it.
Forbes. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- U.S. energy companies begin restoring oil and gas output after hurricane
U.S. energy companies were returning workers and restarting operations at storm-swept production facilities along the U.S. Gulf Coast on Sunday, two days after Hurricane Delta barreled through the area. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 11 Oct 2020.
- Covid: Ship quarantined after crew member's positive test
All other members of the crew of the oil and gas
industry vessel at a Highlands port are self-isolating.
BBC News. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
- End of an era as Chrysaor flies to the rescue of Premier Oil
The North Sea is generally regarded as one of the world's most mature oil and gas
Sky News. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- Interior secretary will not delay New Mexico land-use plan
FARMINGTON, N.M. (AP) - The U.S. interior secretary refused to delay a land-use plan that opponents say will lead to drilling thousands of new oil and gas
Washington Times. Tuesday, 6 Oct 2020.
- Noble Energy shareholders approve $4.1 billion sale to Chevron
Noble Energy shareholders on Friday approved a deal to sell the oil and gas
producer to Chevron Corp, making Chevron the No. 2 U.S. shale oil producer and giving it international natural gas reserves close to growing markets. ...
Yahoo. Saturday, 3 Oct 2020.
- Offshore workers face 'significant barriers' to switching jobs
Retraining to move from oil and gas
jobs to the renewables sector can be "prohibitively expensive", a survey says.
BBC News. Monday, 28 Sep 2020.
- Should you ditch energy giants as the age of oil ends?
All this presents a dilemma for investors. Many of us have large chunks of our portfolios invested in the oil and gas
sector - often via income funds, which typically hold shares in BP and Shell.
Daily Mail. Monday, 28 Sep 2020.
- More call for pause as US weighs New Mexico drilling plan
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - Environmentalists want federal land managers to suspend efforts to amend a plan that would guide oil and gas
development and other activities near Chaco Culture National Historical Park. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 18 Sep 2020.
- Oil jumps as hurricane hits U.S. output while crude stocks decline
Oil prices rose for a second day on Wednesday, gaining more than 2%, as a hurricane closed U.S. offshore oil and gas
production and an industry report showed U.S. crude inventories decreased.
CNBC. Wednesday, 16 Sep 2020.
- Secretly-recorded oil and gas executives reveal they flare 'a tremendous amount of gas'
A discussion by the Independent Petroleum Association of Amercica was secretly recorded in June 2019, where one exec admitted 'We're just flaring a tremendous amount of gas.'
Daily Mail. Sunday, 13 Sep 2020.
- Turkey's pursuit of contested oil and gas reserves has ramifications 'well beyond' the region
Turkey and Greece are at loggerheads over competing claims to energy reserves in contested Eastern Mediterranean waters.
CNBC. Tuesday, 18 Aug 2020.
Oil and Gas Companies News Headlines and News Summaries