This Oil and Gas news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about oil and gas news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- The climate activists who want Norway to end oil and gas production
The BBC's Nick Beake meets the young climate activists trying to stop Norway drilling for oil and gas
BBC News. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- Big Oil CEOs have a personal reason to put more focus on less fossil fuels
Oil and gas executive compensation is increasingly being linked to climate change, and carbon reduction and energy transition goals.
CNBC. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- MIDAS SHARE TIPS: Look for oil with Advance or go green with Harmony
Climate change activists may be causing havoc but a simple fact remains: the world depends on oil and gas
. However, there are also options for investors who are in a more ecological frame of mind.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- These 3 Integrated Majors Are Leading the Energy Transition Race
There are abundant opportunities for energy companies with a footprint in oil and gas
resources and the renewable energy space. Three such companies are BP, Royal Dutch Shell plc (RDS.A) and Eni SpA (E).
Zacks. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Biden Admin Engages In Blame-Shifting On High Gasoline Prices
Reuters reported on Wednesday that the Biden Administration has been reaching out to oil and gas
producers in recent days, seeking their help in bringing down high fuel prices.
Forbes. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Norway's oil and gas sector will not be dismantled, new government says
The new government says the green transition "must be fair" as it sets out its energy policy.
BBC News. Wednesday, 13 Oct 2021.
- UN Top Court Largely Sides With Somalia Over Kenya in Ocean Dispute
A court ruling largely gave Somalia control over a patch of the Indian Ocean believed to be rich in oil and gas, a decision that may further raise tensions between the countries.
New York Times. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- Oil And Gas Drillers Weigh Costs Of New Wells Against Higher Prices
Bond investors appear to have come back from holiday in a buying mood, which may push yields lower. Lower yields could dampen financial stocks.
Forbes. Tuesday, 12 Oct 2021.
- Shell boosted by rising oil and gas prices as global markets stabilise
In a trading update following days of turmoil on energy markets, the Anglo-Dutch giant said it was expecting a boost in the third quarter from higher oil and gas
Daily Mail. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- 6 ETFs to Likely to Bloom in October
After a downbeat September, October started on a volatile note. Soaring oil and gas
prices, still-high coronavirus cases and Fed's taper talks are the negatives while the upcoming holiday season could act as a positive to Wall Street.
Zacks. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- UAE receives praise and skepticism after revealing first net-zero pledge in the region
Despite efforts to diversify and build its green credentials, oil and gas
exports remain the lynchpin of the UAE economy.
CNBC. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- Oil and Gas Prices May Stay High as Investors Chase Clean Energy
Even as more costly fuel poses political risks for President Biden, oil companies and OPEC are not eager to produce more because they worry prices will drop.
New York Times. Monday, 4 Oct 2021.
- Norway's Center-left Heads to Victory in General Elections
The campaign was dominated by climate change and the future of the country's oil and gas
Voice of America. Monday, 13 Sep 2021.
- U.S. Coast Guard investigating nearly 350 reported oil spills after Ida
Hurricane Ida shut down nearly 95% of the region's crude oil and gas
CBS News. Wednesday, 8 Sep 2021.
- Ida likely to drive up U.S. gasoline prices
Storm shut down 95% of oil and gas
production in the Gulf Coast and disrupted fuel deliveries.
CBS News. Monday, 30 Aug 2021.
Oil and Gas Companies News Headlines and News Summaries