This Oil and Gas news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about oil and gas news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Exxon lays out plan to reduce carbon emissions from its plants
Caveat: Plan excludes emissions from customers burning oil and gas, which account for most of Exxon's climate impact.
CBS News. Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022.
- The West Must Tackle Its Energy Consumption, Says CEO Of Waterous Energy Fund
Concerns over climate change joined by the mounting pressure to abandon oil and gas
have brought up existential questions for the oil industry. ...
Forbes. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Enbridge (ENB) Surges 19.4% in the Past Year: Any Upside Left?
With a significant portion of its assets contracted by shippers for the long term, Enbridge???s (ENB) business model is less exposed to volatility in oil and gas
prices due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Zacks. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Energy bills: Windfall taxes have been tried before - but could such a move backfire?
Windfall taxes are in the spotlight after Labour's call for one on North Sea oil and gas
producers to support relief for hard-pressed households with their energy bills.
Sky News. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
- 3 Oil Pipeline Stocks to Gain on the Prospering Industry
Despite Omicron spreading rapidly worldwide, the outlook for the Zacks Oil and Gas
- Production & Pipelines industry is bullish. Kinder Morgan (KMI), Williams Companies (WMB) and MPLX LP (MPLX) are the frontrunners in the industry.
Zacks. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- Oil and gas companies operating in North Sea to cash in 'near record' income as energy prices skyrocket
Oil and gas companies operating in the UK's North Sea are expected to report "near record" income in 2021 and 2022 as the price of energy skyrockets.
Sky News. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- Shell returns $5.5bn to investors as it cashes in on rising gas prices
The rise in profits is likely to renew calls for a windfall tax to be imposed on North Sea oil operators profiting from surging oil and gas
Daily Mail. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- Popular ESG Funds Do Little To Curb Oil Demand
With ESG-focused exchange-traded funds attracting about $120 billion globally last year, oil and gas
producers can no longer afford to ignore the trend. So far, U.S. ...
Forbes. Thursday, 30 Dec 2021.
- 'Turn the valve off': Climate activists push for an abrupt end to the fossil fuel era
To be sure, the burning of fossil fuels, such as coal, oil and gas, is the chief driver of the climate emergency.
CNBC. Friday, 31 Dec 2021.
- Calls for 'reasoned debate' over oil and gas future
Business leaders write an open letter to politicians, warning them against creating a "hostile investment environment".
BBC News. Sunday, 19 Dec 2021.
- Did California issue its last fracking permit? Let's hope so
California oil and gas
regulators have begun denying permits for hydraulic fracturing citing the damage to the climate. Let's hope this is what the oil industry fears: The beginning of the end for fossil fuel extraction.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 17 Dec 2021.
- Op-ed: Here are some energy companies that could be a good option for investors
Socially conscious investing and a global search for alternative energy has dimmed the appeal of oil and gas
assets but some firms still appeal to investors.
CNBC. Tuesday, 14 Dec 2021.
- New Texas Rules After Blackout, But Not For This Winter
Regulators of Texas' oil and gas
industry that buckled during February's deadly freeze are moving to make operators better prepared for cold weather.
NBC. Tuesday, Nov 30 2021.
- Biden admin recommends increase in oil and gas leasing fees but eco warriors call it 'meaningless'
However, the report largely ignores climate change issues and does not recommend stopping leasing federal lands to gas and oil drillers, something President Biden campaigned on.
Daily Mail. Friday, 26 Nov 2021.
- Interior Dept. Report on Drilling Is Mostly Silent on Climate Change
The department recommended higher fees for oil and gas
leases, but there was no sign the government planned to take global warming into account when weighing new applications.
New York Times. Friday, 26 Nov 2021.
Oil and Gas Companies News Headlines and News Summaries