This Oil and Gas news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about oil and gas news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Is This the End of Oil and Gas Pipelines?
Defeats at three projects reflect increasingly sophisticated legal challenges, shifting economics and growing demands by states to fight climate change.
New York Times. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- New Mexico fines Denver-based firm $5.3M for air pollution
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) - The New Mexico Environment Department has fined an oil and gas
company more than $5.3 million for repeated violations of state air pollution standards. DCP Midstream was issued a compliance order Tuesday. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Oil And Gas Pipelines Increasingly Losing Legal Challenges
Environmental groups have become so successful at targeting the permits underpinning oil and gas
infrastructure that some in the fossil fuel sector are calling for reform of the nation's permitting process.
Forbes. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Oil and Gas Pipeline MLP's Outlook Promising Despite Coronavirus
Oil and Gas
Pipeline MLP's Outlook Promising Despite Coronavirus
Zacks. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Petrobras Announces Initiation of Production at Atapu Field
Petrobras' (PBR) oil and gas
production at its Atapu field is being carried out using P-70 FPSO unit, which can produce 150,000 barrels of oil and nearly six million cubic meters of natural gas daily.
Zacks. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Shell to take asset hit of up to £18bn as virus weighs on oil prices
Royal Dutch Shell says it expects to book impairment charges of up to £18bn in its second quarter after slashing expectations for oil and gas
Sky News. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Fracking pioneer becomes latest corporate casualty of COVID-19
It was a trailblazer in its field - one of the pioneers of the fracking revolution that helped make the United States the world's biggest oil and gas
Sky News. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Chesapeake Energy, a Shale Pioneer, Files for Bankruptcy Protection
The company helped turn the United States into a gas exporter but became known for an illegal scheme to suppress the price of oil and gas
New York Times. Monday, 29 Jun 2020.
- Shale pioneer Chesapeake Energy files for bankruptcy
Chesapeake Energy Corp filed for Chapter 11 on Sunday, becoming the largest U.S. oil and gas
producer to seek bankruptcy protection in recent years as it bowed to heavy debts and the impact of the coronavirus outbreak on energy markets. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Three Companies That Are Bigger Than The Entire Oil & Gas Industry
The U.S. oil and gas
sector used to be worth $3 trillion, now there are three companies worth more than the entire sector
Yahoo. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Kansas brothers plead guilty to oil, gas fraud
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Two Kansas City-area brothers have pleaded guilty in a scheme to defraud oil and gas
investors out of millions of dollars. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 20 Jun 2020.
- The Last Oil And Gas Cycle: Building The Future On Lessons From The Past
Is the sun setting on petroleum? A new era is here and with it is the opportunity for oil and gas
to drive the energy transition.
Forbes. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
- Climate change: Oil and gas sector 'to halve emissions by 2030'
The industry aims to cut production and exploration emissions in order to reach net-zero by mid-century.
BBC News. Monday, 15 Jun 2020.
- Scotland unveils 62 million pound fund to support energy sector
The Scottish government said on Friday it has set up a 62 million pound ($78 million) fund to help the energy industry recover from the impacts of the coronavirus crisis and the collapse in oil and gas
Reuters. Friday, 12 Jun 2020.
- Proposed seismic surveys in Arctic Refuge likely to cause lasting damage
Winter vehicle travel can cause long-lasting damage to the tundra, according to a new article. Scars from seismic surveys for oil and gas
exploration in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge remained for decades, according to the study. ...
Science Daily. Wednesday, 10 Jun 2020.
Oil and Gas Companies News Headlines and News Summaries