This Oil and Gas news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about oil and gas news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chevron, Exxon earnings top estimates amid recovery in oil and gas prices
Chevron and Exxon reported profits for the second straight quarter as higher demand for petroleum products and a jump in oil and gas
prices boosted operations.
CNBC. Friday, 30 Jul 2021.
- Northern Oil and Gas (NOG) Earnings Expected to Grow: Should You Buy?
Northern Oil and Gas
(NOG) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Former Natural Gas Exec Weighs Climate Controversy: Interview Part 1.
Kevin Kilstrom addresses extreme weather, greenhouse gas emissions, and Leonardo DiCaprio in an interview about the unfolding climate controversy as it relates to oil and gas
Forbes. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- 4 Oil & Gas Equipment Stocks Countering Industry Headwinds
Despite some improvements in the overall energy space, the Zacks Oil and Gas
- Mechanical and Equipment industry is affected by tepid upstream spending. USAC, DNOW, OIS & EXTN are likely to pull through the current market challenges.
Zacks. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- What to expect as Big Oil reports second-quarter earnings
Oil and gas majors are likely to report bumper second-quarter earnings in the coming days, energy analysts have told CNBC.
CNBC. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Greenpeace call for more support for oil workers to move into green jobs
The environmental group wants more funds to support the transition for oil and gas
workers into the green economy.
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- These Stocks Should Be The Winners Of The Next Decade
Yesterday, we talked about the buying opportunity in oil and oil and gas
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Jul 2021.
- Can you rake in good dividends without relying on 'sin' stocks?
'Sin' stocks tend to include mining companies, oil and gas
companies and businesses involved either in the manufacture of cigarettes or alcohol. All are dividend-friendly. But there are alternatives.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 11 Jul 2021.
- North Dakota sues Biden administration for $80M for 'unlawfully canceling oil and gas leasing'
North Dakota AG Wayne Stenehjem, left, filed a $80 million lawsuit against the Biden administration after federal agencies 'unlawfully canceled oil and gas
Daily Mail. Saturday, 10 Jul 2021.
- Nearly half of oil and gas emissions could be cut at no cost
Natural gas is supposed to be a cleaner fossil fuel, but methane leaks make it as bad for the planet as burning coal.
CBS News. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- North Dakota Sues the Biden Administration Over Oil and Gas Leases
North Dakota is now among 15 states with Republican attorneys general who have filed lawsuits over the moratorium on new leases.
New York Times. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Cairn Energy gets right to seize Indian assets in tax row
Oil and gas firm Cairn Energy gets backing from a French court in a tax row with the Indian government.
BBC News. Thursday, 8 Jul 2021.
- Azerbaijan Investigates Large Fire In Caspian Sea
Azerbaijan's Ministry of Emergency Situations says it is investigating a fire in the Caspian Sea but has received no reports that offshore oil and gas
fields are affected.
Radio Liberty. Monday, 5 Jul 2021.
- Lawmaker Threatens to Subpoena Exxon After Secret Video
The chairman of a powerful House subcommittee said he is seeking answers from Exxon and other oil and gas
giants over their role in spreading disinformation on climate change.
New York Times. Saturday, 3 Jul 2021.
- Abandoned gas and oil wells becoming an environmental threat in the U.S.
More than 1 million abandoned wells are scattered across the U.S., left behind when oil and gas
companies cease operations. ...
CBS News. Saturday, 26 Jun 2021.
Oil and Gas Companies News Headlines and News Summaries