This Oil and Gas news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about oil and gas news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Carbon emissions: Scale of UK fossil fuel support 'staggering'
The government is funding oil and gas
projects abroad, despite a commitment to cut carbon emissions.
BBC News. Thursday, 23 Jan 2020.
- The Oil And Gas Situation: Abundance And Growth Meet Limitations
The industry is experiencing market factors that promise to limit how much more growth it will be able to create going forward.
Forbes. Thursday, 23 Jan 2020.
- Can Energy ETFs Rebound as China Promises Ramped-up Purchases?
As China promises to increase purchases of oil and gas
from the United States under the phase-one trade deal, we highlight some ETFs that can gain.
Zacks. Friday, 17 Jan 2020.
- Bear of the Day: Cabot Oil and Gas (COG)
Bear of the Day: Cabot Oil and Gas
Zacks. Thursday, 16 Jan 2020.
- Air pollution from oil and gas production sites visible from space
US and European satellites help scientists measure nitrogen dioxide from drilling, production and flaring.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 15 Jan 2020.
- Defaults Of U.S. Oil And Gas Firms Spiked By Double-Digits In 2019 On Liquidity Issues
Bankruptcies have not only been concentrated in the exploration and production segment, but also included oilfield services, support transportation and midstream pipeline firms.
Forbes. Monday, 13 Jan 2020.
- China opens up oil and gas exploration, production to foreign firms
China will for the first time allow foreign companies to explore for and produce oil and gas
in the country, opening up the industry to firms other than state-run energy giants as Beijing looks to boost domestic energy supplies.
CNBC. Thursday, 9 Jan 2020.
- Federal spending bill includes buffer around New Mexico park
FARMINGTON, N.M. (AP) - The U.S. Senate has passed a package of bills signed by President Donald Trump that includes enacting a buffer zone around a national park in New Mexico protecting it from oil and gas
leasing activities. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 27 Dec 2019.
- Construction company agrees to $242K in back wages, damages
NITRO, W.Va. (AP) - An oil and gas
industry construction company has agreed to pay $242,039 in back wages and damages to 243 employees in West Virginia, the U.S. Labor Department said Monday. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 24 Dec 2019.
- 'Everybody's suffering' in the Gulf because of the Qatar blockade, Eni CEO says
The CEO of Italian oil and gas
firm Eni has backed a return to diplomatic ties between Qatar and its powerful neighbors.
CNBC. Sunday, 15 Dec 2019.
- Climate change: Emissions edge up despite drop in coal
Emissions of CO2 have risen in 2019, say researchers, as oil and gas
use continues to grow.
BBC News. Wednesday, 4 Dec 2019.
- Geoscientists hope to make induced earthquakes predictable
Geoscientists have created a model to forecast induced earthquake activity from the disposal of wastewater after oil and gas
Science Daily. Thursday, 7 Nov 2019.
- Green groups return to court to stop Arctic oil drilling in Norway
Environmental groups urged a Norwegian appeals court on Tuesday to take emissions from the country's oil and gas
exports into account when ruling on the government's decision to allow oil firms to explore in Arctic waters in 2016.
CBC News. Tuesday, 5 Nov 2019.
- Greta Thunberg rally is crashed by counter-protest led by truck convoy of oil and gas workers
Greta Thunberg joined thousands of protesters marching in Canada's energy heartland Alberta yesterday as a counter-rally led by a truck convoy of oil and gas
workers converged on Edmonton.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 19 Oct 2019.
- Chrysaor completes acquisition of Conoco's UK North Sea assets
North Sea oil producer Chrysaor completed on Monday a $2.675 billion acquisition of ConocoPhillips' British North Sea oil and gas
business, cementing the private equity-backed firm's position as one the basin's top producers. ...
Yahoo. Monday, 30 Sep 2019.
Oil and Gas Companies News Headlines and News Summaries