This Oil and Gas news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about oil and gas news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Colorado won't halt drilling as it refocuses rules on safety
Colorado officials say they have no plans to stop energy companies from drilling for oil and gas while regulators overhaul state rules to focus on health, safety and the environment
ABC News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Texas advances bill to stiffen penalties for pipeline damage
A bill that would stiffen penalties for those who damage or trespass around oil and gas operations is advancing through the Texas Legislature
ABC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Greenpeace activists block BP London HQ demanding end to oil exploration
Greenpeace activists blocked the entrance to BP's London headquarters on Monday, demanding one of the world's biggest energy companies ends all new oil and gas exploration or goes out of business.
CNBC. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Russia's Largest Public Companies 2019: Sanctions No Match For Oil & Gas
Surprise! Russia's oil and gas companies are the biggest in the world.
Forbes. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- RDS Tops The List But Global Diversity Dominates World's Largest Oil And Gas Companies In 2019
Royal Dutch Shell, Exxon and Chevron are joined by Sinopec, Petrochina, Gazprom and Petrobras to top the world's largest oil and gas companies.
Forbes. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Risks are rising for an oil price spike as tensions between the U.S. and Iran increase
If not for the trade war, both oil and gasoline prices could be much higher than they are now on rising tensions between the U.S. and Iran.
CNBC. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Can Value Investors Consider Northern Oil and Gas (NOG)?
Northern Oil and Gas (NOG) stock may be a good choice for value-oriented investors right now from multiple angles.
Zacks. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Loan charge - retrospective tax bills for freelancers
IT contractors, oil and gas workers, locum doctors, social workers and nurses who took advice from accountants, recruitment firms and tax advisers face unexpected tax demands.
BBC News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- N Carolina panel comparing fracking regulations around US
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - The state commission directed to regulate oil and gas fracking that could someday rise in North Carolina is sorting out regulation of the nascent industry. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- RBC Bearings (ROLL) Displays Bright Prospects, Risks Persist
Strong industrial original equipment manufacturers as well as mining, oil and gas, and machine tool demand are expected to boost RBC Bearings' (ROLL) growth. High cost of sales is a concern.
Zacks. Monday, 13 May 2019.
- Alberta has paid landowners $20M since 2010 as oilpatch defaults on payments
The Alberta government is paying landowners to make up for the shortfalls of energy companies. The payments have increased to record levels as oil and gas prices have fallen.
CBC News. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- New Colorado environmental law stalls oil investment
New environmental regulations in Colorado have chilled investment in the state's oil and gas fields as companies grapple with how local officials will respond to a law giving them more power to restrict energy production.
Reuters. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- UPDATE 1-EQT nominates three new directors ahead of shareholder vote
EQT Corp on Wednesday said three long-serving directors will step down from the company's board, at a time when the oil and gas producer fights a proxy battle with Rice brothers.
Reuters. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- 15,000-gallon brine spill cleaned up in Renville County
SHERWOOD, N.D. (AP) - A pipeline spill in Renville County released about 15,000 gallons of saltwater, but it didn't impact any farmland or waterways. The state Oil and Gas Division says Cobra Oil and Gas Corp. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Scientists figure out new way to remove salt from water
Brine water produced by the oil and gas industry contains even more dissolved salts than ocean water, and is a growing environmental concern - but scientists have figured out a new way to treat it.
Sky News. Tuesday, 7 May 2019.
Oil and gas production rig
Related Directory Page(s)
Oil and Gas Companies News Headlines and News Summaries