This Oil and Gas news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about oil and gas news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Fracking prompts global spike in atmospheric methane, study suggests
As methane concentrations increase in the Earth's atmosphere, chemical fingerprints point to a probable source: shale oil and gas, according to new research.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Energy Boom That Trump Celebrates Began Years Before He Took Office
President Trump tours a Pennsylvania petrochemical plant Tuesday to highlight the U.S. energy boom. Trump claims credit for surging oil and gas
production, but the trend began before he took office.
NPR. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Oil rigs could pump CO2 emissions into rocks beneath North Sea
North Sea oil and gas
rigs could be modified to pump vast quantities of carbon dioxide emissions into rocks below the seabed, research shows.
Science Daily. Thursday, 8 Aug 2019.
- The Great American Oil And Natural Gas Pipeline Boom
Very quietly, the U.S. led the world in new oil and gas
demand in 2018. With even more expected, the American pipeline boom will also support a burgeoning oil and gas
export business that will take the world's crown by 2024.
Forbes. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Environmentalists Seek to Protect Dunes Sagebrush Lizard
A small lizard native to southeast New Mexico is the latest animal to spark a debate between environmentalists, the federal government and oil and gas
operators. Photo Credit: glo.texas.gov.
NBC. Sunday, 4 Aug 2019.
- MasTec (MTZ) Q2 Earnings Top Estimates, View Up, Shares Rise
Strong performance of Electrical Transmission and Oil and Gas
businesses help MasTec (MTZ) to post better-than-expected Q2 results.
Zacks. Friday, 2 Aug 2019.
- 10 Countries Where Gas is the Most Expensive
Oil and gas prices are rising much faster than analysts expected this year, a CNBC report found. And if you think you are paying a lot to fill up your car, be thankful you're not living in Hong Kong.
Newsmax. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Oilsands CEOs take federal election message to voters in full-page newspaper ads
Three of Canada's biggest oilsands producers are going directly to voters to ask them to "influence the outcome" of big decisions concerning the oil and gas
sector as a fall federal election looms.
CBC News. Thursday, 1 Aug 2019.
- Buyouts And Consolidation Could Perk Up U.S. Midstream Oil And Gas Stocks
Investor interest appears muted despite solid dividend yields but potential consolidation, M&A and leveraged buyout attempts could perk up share prices.
Forbes. Wednesday, 31 Jul 2019.
- Royal Dutch Shell to Report Earnings Thursday Morning: Should You Buy?
Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A) (RDS.B) is up 8.9% YTD, outperforming the oil and gas
integrated market by almost 4%. The global oil giant will report earnings for fiscal Q2 on Thursday, August 1 before the market opens.
Zacks. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Small energy stock rips higher after investor Mario Gabelli says he is following it
Shares of RPC, a small oil and gas
company based in Atlanta, jump following positive comments from billionaire investor Mario Gabelli.
CNBC. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Research examines groundwater contamination in North Dakota
WILLISTON, N.D. (AP) - Oil and gas practices that were common decades ago in the Williston Basin left behind a salty legacy that still poses problems for groundwater and is the focus of ongoing research by the U.S. Geological Survey. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 27 Jul 2019.
- Skull and bones of 12-year-old Colorado girl who went missing in 1984 found at oil and gas site
Oilfield workers discovered the child's remains at a site in rural Weld County, Colorado Tuesday afternoon. Greeley Police confirmed Thursday that the remains belong to Jonelle Matthews.
Daily Mail. Friday, 26 Jul 2019.
- US concerned over China's 'interference' in South China Sea
The United States says it's concerned by reports of China's interference with oil and gas
activities in the disputed waters of the South China Sea, where Vietnam accuses Beijing of violating its sovereignty.
Voice of America. Sunday, 21 Jul 2019.
- US State Department concerned by reports of Chinese interference in South China Sea
The US State Department said it is concerned by reports of China's interference with oil and gas
activities in the South China Sea, including Vietnam's exploration and production activities.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 21 Jul 2019.
Oil and Gas Companies News Headlines and News Summaries