This Office news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about office and offices news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Chicago's postal delivery delays under fire as 'dysfunctional' at hearing
officials say they're trying to make improvements and have recruited nearly 250 postal workers in Chicago.
ABC News. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- Royal Mail rocked by claims of 'fake hours' staff scam
administrator in Royal Mail's Llanelli depot was fired after sounding the alarm over posties being paid for overtime they had not worked, the Mail on Sunday understands.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- 'Halloween Kills' nabs $50 million in domestic box office debut
"Halloween Kills" generated an estimated $50.35 million in ticket sales during its domestic debut despite also being made available on Peacock.
CNBC. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- Boohoo opens manufacturing office in Turkey
The Istanbul office
means the fast fashion retailer can source more garments made in Turkey, avoiding transport delays for goods made in China, Bangladesh and other Asian countries.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker delays COVID vaccine deadline for some state workers
Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker has pushed back a deadline for some state employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as his office
negotiates with the workers' labor unions.
Fox News. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- 'My car was smashed up, someone tried to get into my house': MP speaks out in wake of colleague's killing
Instances of abuse reported to the police by politicians are not always followed up by forces, an MP has told Sky News, as he recalled having his car vandalised and office
subject to an arson attack.
Sky News. Sunday, 17 Oct 2021.
- Chicago Cubs hire Carter Hawkins as general manager
The Chicago Cubs hired Carter Hawkins as general manager on Friday, dipping into Cleveland's front office
in an effort to bolster their own player development system.
Fox News. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Crews battle large Rutland fire in LaSalle County, sheriff's office says
Firefighters battled a three-alarm fire Friday morning in suburban Rutland.
ABC News. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Workers haven't returned to offices en masse. But companies are leasing more space
Though Delta variant thwarted expectations of workers flocking back to offices
this fall, office
leasing in L.A. County rises as businesses look ahead.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Family Office Regulation And What The Pandora Papers Reveal About Rising Reputational Risks
Whether family offices
should be subject to greater scrutiny and regulation has been an intermittent topic of debate for years.
Forbes. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Many sites bear the name 'Mark Ridley-Thomas.' What happens now that he faces charges?
Federal charges have cast a shadow over the many sites named after longtime politician Mark Ridley-Thomas, whose name has decorated health centers, a youth facility, government offices
and a pedestrian bridge.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Walgreens shares surge as CEO Roz Brewer outlines plans to make health care its growth engine
Roz Brewer, who joined as CEO in March, said the company will open hundreds of doctor offices, shake up its front-of-store merchandise and free up pharmacists' time.
CNBC. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- QB Carr: 'Open up' all NFL team correspondence
In the wake of Jon Gruden's resignation, an emotional Derek Carr called for increased transparency when it comes to internal communications within NFL front offices
. "You've got to open up everything," the Raiders' QB said. ...
ESPN. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Here's Why You Should Hold Cousins Properties (CUZ) Stock Now
Cousins Properties (CUZ) is well poised to gain from the improving Sun Belt office
market fundamentals, though high competition and huge capital outlays are concerns.
Zacks. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- 90 people arrested at England Euro 2020 games, new figures reveal
There were 92 football-related arrests at England home matches during the 2020-21 season of which 90 occurred at Euro 2020, say new Home Office
BBC News. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
Office Services News Headlines and News Summaries