This Nursing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about nursing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 'Help at Home' home healthcare hiring 200 people in Chicago area, 400 to 600 in Illinois
It's an alternative to nursing
homes and rehabilitation centers to keep family members in need recovering at home. And it's a company looking to hire hundreds of people right now.
ABC News. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Care regulator investigated safety at up to 50 nursing homes during England's Covid-19 crisis
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) responded to hundreds of complaints from staff and families of care home residents and one Government official said the homes 'are no angels'.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Michael Goodwin: Gov. Cuomo, New York's nursing home deaths are on you, not someone else
New York's Gov. Cuomo has the nerve to blame grieving family members and heroic nursing-home staffers,
Fox News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Medicare nursing home virus site leaves users 'in the dark'
WASHINGTON (AP) - When the Trump administration required nursing
homes to report their COVID-19 cases, it also promised to make the data available to residents, families and the public in a user-friendly way. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Japan floods leave up to 34 dead, many at nursing homes
Deep floodwaters and the risk of more mudslides that left at least 34 people confirmed or presumed dead hampered search and rescue operations Sunday in southern Japan.
Fox News. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Severe Flooding in Southern Japan Swamps Nursing Home
Officials said that at least 16 people had died as a result of the deluge and mudslides that struck the island of Kyushu overnight.
New York Times. Sunday, 5 Jul 2020.
- Kansas nursing home keeping loneliness and COVID-19 away
LINDSBORG, Kan. (AP) - Monette Johnson wants her husband, Chuck, to see another of the wheat harvests that have been so central to his life. His career centered around grain elevators and wheat sales. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- U.S. nursing homes face 'a crisis on top of a crisis' with coronavirus and funding woes
homes face a lack of funding coupled by outbreaks that have killed more than 29,000 residents since the pandemic began in the U.S.
Yahoo. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Pa. man runs 218 miles to coronavirus-stricken 'Nana's' nursing home
A 218-mile run to grandma after she was sickened with COVID-19 turned out to be the longest, toughest and most rewarding of his life.
ABC News. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- How to Hire Certified Nursing Assistants
Nurses are more in demand than ever. If your business needs to hire a CNA, here's how to attract top talent.
Entrepreneur. Thursday, 25 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus: 'When lockdown ends, I can cuddle my wife again'
Roger Clarke cannot visit his wife, who has dementia, as she lives in a nursing
BBC News. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Coronavirus: Women make up two-thirds of cases in Wales
More women in the nursing
and care professions could explain the figures in Wales, a senior nurse says.
BBC News. Wednesday, 24 Jun 2020.
- Senior Advocates Worry Lifting Visitation Restrictions at Nursing Homes Could Be Dangerous
Within the next week, Gov. Greg Abbott (R) has said he plans to make an announcement on allowing families to visit loved ones in senior living facilities as safely as possible.
NBC. Wednesday, Jun 24 2020.
- Coronavirus in California: How Nursing Homes Are Affected
Tuesday: Some of the most vulnerable have been evicted from nursing
homes. Also: More police shootings spur protests; and the debate about statues.
New York Times. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
- Andrew Cuomo refuses to answer why he sent coronavirus patients back to nursing homes
Andrew Cuomo, the governor of New York, has said his state had more deaths in nursing
homes than any other, because New York was the hardest-hit state. He accused Republicans of distracting.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020.
Nursing Care Facilities News Headlines and News Summaries