This Nursing news page includes headlines, articles, and citations about nursing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Nurse Graduates From University Where He Once Worked as a Janitor
Frank Baez was a teenager when he started working as a hospital janitor at New York University to help support his family. Fourteen years later he walked away from the same school with a nursing degree in his hand and a smile on his face.
Newsmax. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- NYU grad reflects on journey from janitor to nursing school grad, all at the same school
Frank Baez started working at New York University's Langone Tisch Hospital as a janitor when he was a teenager.
ABC News. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Staff shortages 'abusing good will of nurses'
Nursing chiefs want to see safe staffing rules enshrined in law as 40,000 posts remain vacant.
BBC News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- Massachusetts nursing homes press for bump in state funding
BOSTON (AP) - Nursing home residents, their families and administrators are planning to converge on the Statehouse to press for more funding. Massachusetts has been experiencing a wave of nursing home closures. ...
Washington Times. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- 'Huge talent pool' of male nurses missed in Wales
Of 32,927 workers registered in nursing, midwifery and health visitor roles, fewer than 4,000 are men.
BBC News. Saturday, 18 May 2019.
- Man creates 'human car wash' shower tool that will wash body for you
Matti Paaso, 70, hopes the $5,300 automated system can serve anyone from the elderly in nursing homes to gym enthusiasts with sore muscles.
Fox News. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- 'Care deserts' are forcing frail pensioners to live in nursing homes
Frail Britons are forced to live in care homes miles from their families, and in some areas shortages are so bad that the only available beds are in those rated inadequate by regulators.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Accused California synagogue shooter charged with federal hate crimes
A California nursing student accused of a deadly shooting spree in a San Diego-area synagogue and arson at a nearby mosque was charged on Thursday with 109 counts of federal hate crimes and civil rights violations, prosecutors said.
Reuters. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Commentary: We can all help increase diversity in nursing
A diverse nursing workforce helps to increase access to quality healthcare services, address preventable health conditions and tackle social determinants of health, says American Nurses Association President Ernest Grant.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 9 May 2019.
- Nurse who ran London Marathon in scrubs gets world record after Guinness bosses U-turn
Jessica Anderson finished the London Marathon last week with a time of three hours, eight minutes and 22 seconds - but she had been told her medical scrubs were not a 'proper' nursing uniform.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 8 May 2019.
- Problems could cost hospital its Medicaid, Medicare funding
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) - The federal government may stop paying for Medicare and Medicaid patients to be admitted at Central Maine Medical Center over problems, including a nursing error that left a patient paralyzed. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 3 May 2019.
- Synagogue shooting suspect was star scholar and athlete
John Earnest, 19, made the dean's list both semesters last year as a nursing student
CBS News. Tuesday, 30 Apr 2019.
- Medically-tailored meal delivery tied to lower health spending
(Reuters Health) - Low-income people with chronic diseases who get free meals delivered that are tailored to their medical needs are less likely to be admitted to hospitals or nursing homes, a study in Massachusetts suggests.
Reuters. Wednesday, 24 Apr 2019.
- How I Got My Employer to Acknowledge My Nursing Issue
Did you know there's a federal law mandating accommodations in the workplace for working moms?
Entrepreneur. Friday, 19 Apr 2019.
- The Emotional Experience of Going From Patient to Provider and Back
The author tells her story of how she had cancer, went into remission, began nursing school, and then had another cancer scare.
Yahoo. Saturday, 13 Apr 2019.
Patient receiving nursing care
Related Directory Page(s)
Nursing Care Facilities News Headlines and News Summaries