This Nursing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about nursing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Staffing shortages at Illinois long-term care facilities, data investigation reveals
Data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services analyzed by the I-Team reveals for the 703 facilities reporting data in Illinois, 150 report a shortage of nursing
staff, or 21% statewide.
ABC News. Saturday, 22 Jan 2022.
- UK businesses rocked by biggest drop in monthly sales since April 2020
The spread of the Omicron variant has left many UK companies nursing
a drop in sales in December, but there are signs the economy is picking up again this month.
Daily Mail. Friday, 21 Jan 2022.
- NJ requires shot for health care workers, ending test option
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - New Jersey will require health care workers and employees in nursing
homes and prisons to get be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19, dropping an option to either get the shot or be tested, Gov. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Former chief nursing officer Fiona McQueen joins drugs death taskforce
Prof Fiona McQueen became well-known after regularly joining the first minister at Covid briefings.
BBC News. Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022.
- Michigan Nursing Homes Undercounted COVID-19 Deaths By 42%, Auditor General Report Reveals
Homes Undercounted COVID-19 Deaths By 42%, Auditor General Report Reveals
Daily Caller. Friday, 14 Jan 2022.
- Families struggle to get COVID tests to visit loved ones in nursing and senior homes
In California, many people trying to visit their loved ones in nursing
homes and other care facilities are struggling to get timely COVID test results.
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 12 Jan 2022.
- Connecticut asks nursing homes to accept COVID patients from hospitals as staffing shortage persists
Connecticut is requesting that its nursing
homes accept hospital patient transfers with COVID-19.
Fox News. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
- Stem cell transplant saves life of Bourbonnais toddler with leukemia
An 18-year-old Ohio nursing
student found out she was a match for a sick boy during her first college finals.
ABC News. Monday, 10 Jan 2022.
- Connecticut wants its nursing homes to accept COVID-positive transfers as cases seem to slow
The Connecticut Department of Public Health says such facilities should take in patients discharged from a hospital 'regardless of COVID-19 status,' according to a memo dated Jan. 6.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 9 Jan 2022.
- Connecticut Eliminates Negative COVID-19 Test Requirement For Nursing Home Patients
Patients may be transferred to nursing
homes even if they are still sick with COVID-19
Daily Caller. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- Families of Veterans Who Died of Covid Win $53 Million Legal Settlement
The New Jersey nursing
home settlement is believed to be the first of its kind nationwide.
New York Times. Friday, 7 Jan 2022.
- Ensign Group (ENSG) Buys Nursing Facility to Expand in Arizona
Ensign Group (ENSG) acquires operations of Estrella Health and Rehabilitation Center in Arizona to grow its portfolio and boost U.S. presence.
Zacks. Thursday, 6 Jan 2022.
- Manhattan DA closes probe into nursing home deaths without charging Cuomo: attorney
The Manhattan district attorney's office is closing its investigation into former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's handling of nursing
home COVID-19 deaths without bringing charges against Cuomo, according to the former governor's attorney.
Fox News. Monday, 3 Jan 2022.
- Once Again, Nursing Homes Are Under Scrutiny
homes are struggling to administer booster shots to their residents.
New York Times. Wednesday, 29 Dec 2021.
- Preventing Elder Financial Abuse When Your Parent Is In Long-Term Care
Advice for adult children so their parents in nursing
homes and assisted living are safe from scammers.
Forbes. Thursday, 23 Dec 2021.
Nursing Care Facilities News Headlines and News Summaries