This Nursing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about nursing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Covid Pandemic Forces Families to Rethink Nursing Home Care
Even with vaccines, many older people and their relatives are weighing how to manage at-home care for those who can no longer live independently.
New York Times. Saturday, 8 May 2021.
- Tokyo Olympics: World's oldest person pulls out of torch relay
Kane Tanaka, 118, says she's worried about spreading Covid-19 to others in her nursing
BBC News. Thursday, 6 May 2021.
- Kate Middleton looks impeccably polished for a video call with Ugandan women's health expert
Kate Middleton, 39, spoke to Ugandan midwife Harriet Nayiga for Nursing
Times to mark the end of Nursing
Now, the Duchess' global campaign to raise the status and profile of nursing
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 May 2021.
- CNN's Jake Tapper keeps up Cuomo blackout on air while repeatedly tweeting about nursing home scandal
CNN anchor Jake Tapper has now gone three days without mentioning the latest political woes of Democratic New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo despite repeatedly acknowledging them on Twitter.
Fox News. Saturday, 1 May 2021.
- CPS goes back on nursing mothers working remote, teachers union claims
CTU said the school district went back on its word and has denied requests by nursing
mothers to work remotely.
ABC News. Friday, 30 Apr 2021.
- 'Nursing assistant' arrested for killing four people by slashing their throats at German care centre
The 51-year-old suspect is a nursing
assistant who drove home after the killings at the clinic in Potsdam, near Berlin, and confessed them to her husband, local media reported.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Overcrowding in Illinois nursing homes led to preventable Latino, Black COVID-19 deaths, state officials say
Overcrowding in Illinois nursing
homes led to preventable Black and Latino COVID-19 deaths, state officials said Wednesday.
ABC News. Thursday, 29 Apr 2021.
- Janice Dean sees justice coming in Cuomo nursing home scandal: 'it's finally happening'
Gov. Cuomo and his aides slighted state health officials by hiding the number of deaths in nursing
homes during the coronavirus pandemic, according to new documents exposed by The New York Times.
Fox News. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Cuomo Aides Repeatedly Stalled Release of Nursing Home Death Toll
Aides to the New York governor, Andrew M. Cuomo, repeatedly prevented state health officials from releasing the number of nursing
home deaths in the pandemic.
New York Times. Wednesday, 28 Apr 2021.
- Thousands of Federal Workers Will Be Paid a Minimum Wage of $15 an Hour as Soon as Next Year
Federal workers from cleaners and nursing
assistants to food service providers will be paid a minimum wage of $15 per hour in March.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 27 Apr 2021.
- Trump tweets meme mocking Biden as a nursing home resident
President Trump has been trying to win the votes of seniors, but that didn't stop him from tweeting a meme seemingly mocking nursing
CBS News. Thursday, 15 Apr 2021.
- Royal College of Nursing urges members to reject 4% pay offer
The RCN says nurses and health support workers deserve a 12.5% increase for their skills and experience.
BBC News. Friday, 2 Apr 2021.
- Covid Cases Drop 96% In Nursing Homes After Vaccine Rollout, Study Reports
Deaths are also down over 90% since December.
Forbes. Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021.
- Oklahoma nursing home beheading threat
An Oklahoma man is now in jail accused of threatening to behead a co-worker. Police say the threat was actually made nearly two weeks before the beheading attack in Moore, Oklahoma. KWTV's Karl Torp reports.
CBS News. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
- It Has Been One Year Since Cuomo Ordered Nursing Homes To Accept COVID Patients
'A March 25th order should never be allowed again'
Daily Caller. Thursday, 25 Mar 2021.
Nursing Care Facilities News Headlines and News Summaries