This Nursing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about nursing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Officials break ground on $47M Tennessee vets home
CLEVELAND, Tenn. (AP) - Tennessee officials have broken ground on a $47 million state veterans nursing
home. Gov. ...
Washington Times. Thursday, 22 Aug 2019.
- Tech helping to alleviate nurse shortage, experience gaps
shortages hit the Southern and Western U.S., health systems are turning to new tech tools to improve recruitment, retention and education.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- How bad is the nursing shortage?
An aging workforce, aging population and lack of nursing
instructors are a few of the factors driving an ongoing nursing
shortage, though vacancies vary by state.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Nursing home residents with advanced dementia often face 'distressing' transfers, MDs find
A study of nursing
home residents with advanced dementia finds men are more likely to be hospitalized and receive invasive treatment at end of life than women.
CBC News. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Pensioner, 84, is arrested over murder of 87-year-old woman at care home
Police were called to Clifton Court Nursing
Care Home in Clifton-upon-Dunsmore, Warwickshire, at around 4.40am last Thursday. The suspect was sectioned under the Mental Health Act.
Daily Mail. Friday, 16 Aug 2019.
- Ensign Group Acquires Nursing Facility to Expand in Arizona
Ensign Group (ENSG) purchases the real estate and operations of Surprise Health and Rehabilitation Center to boost presence in Arizona.
Zacks. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- Family sues Glenview nursing home over video of aides taunting woman, 91, with dementia; aides charged and fired
home aides in north suburban Glenview have been fired and charged after a Snapchat video showed them taunting a 91-year-old woman with dementia. Her family is now taking legal action.
ABC News. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Adtalem's (ATGE) New Texas Campus to Address Nursing Shortage
Adtalem (ATGE) opens fourth campus in Texas and 22nd in the United States.
Zacks. Tuesday, 13 Aug 2019.
- Nursing home workers accused of taunting woman with dementia
The Illinois Department of Public Health ruled that the Abington of Glenview facility failed to implement its "abuse prevention policy"
CBS News. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Nursing home workers post video of themselves taunting a 91-year-old great grandmother with dementia
Brayan Cortez and Jamie Montesa were fired from the Abington of Glenview following the cruel video post, shot four days before Christmas.
Daily Mail. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
- Nursing home staffers accused of taunting dementia patient, 91; outraged family suing: reports
Two staff members have been fired and arrested and an Illinois nursing
home now faces a lawsuit after video footage allegedly showed them taunting a 91-year-old dementia patient.
Fox News. Saturday, 10 Aug 2019.
- WSJ: Medical Schools Under Pressure to Incorporate Climate-Related Content
A handful of medical, nursing
and pharmacy schools are facing pressure from doctors, industry organizations and students to incorporate climate-change-related topics into their curriculum, The Wall Street Journal ...
Newsmax. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Characteristics of older adults with moderately severe dementia
A study has found that many characteristics among older adults with moderately severe dementia differ depending on whether they live at home or in residential care or nursing
Science Daily. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- TENA advert criticised for 'normalising' incontinence after childbirth
The Royal College of Nursing
criticises TENA, saying new mothers need more information about treatment.
BBC News. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
- Woman gets probation, jail time for misuse of credit card
TRENTON, Neb. (AP) - A former business manager for a nursing
home in southwest Nebraska has been given two years of probation and ordered to spend some weekends in jail. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 5 Aug 2019.
Nursing Care Facilities News Headlines and News Summaries