This Nursing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about nursing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Family of woman, 77, say treatment by Essex care home 'tantamount to torture'
WARNING: DISTRESSING CONTENT. Valerie Gowrley was admitted to Bluebell Place Nursing
& Residential Home in Grays, Essex, in October 2019.
Daily Mail. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Covid-19: Hospital pressures mount as ICU numbers increase
The chief nursing
officer says a surge in demand due to Covid has come more quickly than expected.
BBC News. Monday, 26 Jul 2021.
- Covid vaccine: Speech comparing NHS medics to Nazis condemned
The Royal College of Nursing
says the comments at a protest rally were "reprehensible".
BBC News. Sunday, 25 Jul 2021.
- Untreatable 'superbug' fungus has spread in 2 US cities, health officials say
The "superbug" outbreaks were reported in a nursing
home and two hospitals.
ABC News. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- DOJ won't investigate 2020 nursing home orders in New York, other states
The Department of Justice will not open investigations into nursing
homes in a number of states that forced facilities to admit COVID-19 patients -- including New York.
Fox News. Saturday, 24 Jul 2021.
- Shocking pictures show deterioration of great-grandfather who died at care home
Joseph Ainsworth, 83, moved into Rowan Garth nursing
home in Anfield last year and died there after suffering a second stroke. His family claim he was often left unwashed, unclothed and dehydrated.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- 'Superbug' fungus spread in two cities, health officials say
U.S. health officials said Thursday they now have evidence of an untreatable fungus spreading in two hospitals and a nursing
Fox News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- ICE eases rules for pregnant illegal immigrants
Illegal immigrant women who are pregnant or nursing
will no longer be arrested or detained, barring exceptional circumstances, ICE announced Friday. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Biden bars ICE from detaining pregnant or nursing women
The Biden administration had already instructed ICE to focus on arresting immigrants with certain criminal convictions, recent border-crossers and foreigners deemed to pose a national security threat.
CBS News. Friday, 9 Jul 2021.
- Westmont senior living workers charged after woman, 96, left on bus overnight dies of hypothermia
A 96-year-old Westmont nursing
home resident died after being left on a bus overnight in February. Two workers have been charged.
ABC News. Friday, 2 Jul 2021.
- Nursing home Medicare patient deaths soared 32% in 2020 amid COVID
"We knew this was going to be bad, but I don't think even those of us who work in this area thought it was going to be this bad," said one expert.
CBS News. Tuesday, 22 Jun 2021.
- Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's COVID-19 shutdown 'hypocrisy' energizes GOP challengers for 2022
Tudor Dixon missed out on a final face-to-face goodbye with her grandmother, who died in a nursing
home under strict Michigan rules for visitation. Ms. Dixon now wants to take down the woman she blames: Gov. ...
Washington Times. Monday, 21 Jun 2021.
- San Francisco to require staff in hospitals, jails and nursing homes to get COVID-19 vaccine
The San Francisco order will go into effect once the FDA gives formal approval for one of the COVID-19 vaccines.
Los Angeles Times. Tuesday, 15 Jun 2021.
- Trevor Lawrence Is Nursing A Hamstring Injury
Should people be concerned?
Daily Caller. Monday, 14 Jun 2021.
- Ensign Group (ENSG) Boosts Washington Presence With Health Hubs
Ensign Group (ENSG) acquires four skilled nursing
facilities in Washington. The move intends to offer improved health outcomes across the state.
Zacks. Thursday, 3 Jun 2021.
Nursing Care Facilities News Headlines and News Summaries