This Nursing news page includes headlines, summaries, and article citations about nursing news from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Nursing bridesmaid is pictured PUMPING during wedding photoshoot
Matron of honor Allison Helper was pumping breastmilk while waiting to take group photos at her friend Rachael Downs' Florida wedding. Photographer Amber Fletcher got snapping
Daily Mail. Thursday, 22 Oct 2020.
- A Matter Of Life-Or-Death: The Type Of Nurses Your Hospital Employs
When hospitals cut back on nursing
care to reduce costs, patient mortality rates climb.
Forbes. Wednesday, 21 Oct 2020.
- Every Resident At Kansas Nursing Home Reportedly Tests Positive For COVID-19, 10 Dead
One person is still being treated in the hospital while the remaining 51 residents are receiving care at the facility
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- 10 residents at a Kansas nursing home died after all 62 living there tested positive for COVID-19
Coronavirus infections in US nursing
homes had risen last month even though they were on the decline in late summer.
Yahoo. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Ten residents die from coronavirus outbreak infecting every resident of a Kansas nursing home
The outbreak has killed 10 residents and infected all 62 in Andbe nursing
home in Norton County, Kansas, which already had proportionally the nation's largest increase in cases over two weeks.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Coronavirus hits every resident of Kansas nursing home, linked to 10 deaths
All 62 residents tested positive for the novel coronavirus, resulting in at least 10 deaths.
Fox News. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- All 62 Residents At Kansas Nursing Home Infected With Covid-19
Of that number, 10 have already died.
Forbes. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- All 62 residents at Kansas nursing home have COVID, 10 have died
Department of health in hard-hit Norton County, Kansas, says an unspecified number of staff at the Andbe Home also have the disease.
CBS News. Tuesday, 20 Oct 2020.
- Nursing home residents get temporary ink; 'I never thought I'd have a tattoo'
Seniors at an Illinois assisted living facility enjoyed a wild day with temporary tattoos.
ABC News. Monday, 19 Oct 2020.
- Trump tweets meme mocking Biden as a nursing home resident
President Trump has been trying to win the votes of seniors, but that didn't stop him from tweeting a meme seemingly mocking nursing
CBS News. Thursday, 15 Oct 2020.
- Colorado seniors protest coronavirus restrictions: 'We want to see our families'
Residents at a nursing
and rehabilitation facility in Greeley, Colo., organized a protest last week against the state's coronavirus restrictions.
Fox News. Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020.
- Shirley is 85 and the last resident in a care home. It's now closing down, and she says she's homeless
"I'm 85 and homeless aren't I?" says Shirley Scott - the last remaining resident at Newfield Nursing
Home in Sheffield.
Sky News. Tuesday, 13 Oct 2020.
- Federal Official Threatens Nevada for Halting Rapid Tests in Nursing Homes
Nevada health officials had found that two rapid tests had led to a high number of false positives in nursing
New York Times. Saturday, 10 Oct 2020.
- Trump health official blasts Nevada after state ends use of rapid coronavirus tests in nursing homes
A top U.S. health official urged Nevada to reverse its decision to suspend the use of two rapid coronavirus tests in nursing
homes, saying there is no "scientific reason" to justify it.
CNBC. Friday, 9 Oct 2020.
- Carter Williams, Who Unshackled Nursing Home Residents, Dies at 97
By closely describing the inner lives of older people, Ms. Williams altered legal regulations and clinical standards applied to nursing
New York Times. Thursday, 8 Oct 2020.
Nursing Care Facilities News Headlines and News Summaries