This Nurse news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about nurses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Heart-wrenching BBC documentary tells harrowing stories of disability hate crime in Britain
Former NHS nurse
Ailsa, from Northern Ireland, became wheelchair-bound following a road accident and appears on BBC2's Targeted: The Truth about Disability Hate Crime tonight.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Frontline nurse performs "Amazing Grace" at COVID-19 memorial
A video of Michigan-based nurse
Lori Marie Key went viral in April after she was filmed singing "Amazing Grace" to her hospital coworkers.
CBS News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Covid-19: Mary Agyapong's widower says pregnant women have been 'neglected'
The husband of a pregnant nurse
who died with Covid-19 calls for more protection for mothers-to-be.
BBC News. Tuesday, 19 Jan 2021.
- Covid in Scotland: Nurse who 'nearly died' gets back to work
The 75-year-old, who was in intensive care for weeks, says he does not see "any point" in retiring.
BBC News. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- Royal Hull Infirmary nurse reveals abuse from patients during Covid-19 pandemic
Junior SIster Kirsty, who works the night shift at the Royal Hull Infirmary says her family would not believe the abuse she gets from unruly patients on tonight's A&E After Dark on Channel 5.
Daily Mail. Monday, 18 Jan 2021.
- First person in Brazil inoculated as two COVID-19 vaccines approved
has become the first person in Brazil to receive a coronavirus jab just hours after the country's health regulator approved two vaccines.
Sky News. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
- Actor Folake Olowofoyeku on hit sitcom, new music
Actor Folake Olowofoyeku, who stars as Nigerian nurse
Abishola in the popular CBS sitcom "Bob Hearts Abishola," joins "CBS This Morning" to talk about an upcoming dramatic twist in the show. ...
CBS News. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- California hospital workers find cars broken into after shift
Cameron Sprouse has had his car broken into three times.
ABC News. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- COVID-19 nurse wins improbable $1 million lottery prize
A COVID-19 nurse
at a long-term care facility in North Carolina has won a $1 million prize in the state lottery.
ABC News. Thursday, 14 Jan 2021.
- Nurse Working Frontline Amid Coronavirus Pandemic Wins $1M Lottery
'I had been praying for something to help me with this situation'
Daily Caller. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Nurse Allegedly Defrauded PPP To Get $420,000 In COVID-19 Relief Funds
The Florida nurse
allegedly lied on PPP loan application forms about the size of his business
Daily Caller. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Florida nurse steals $420,000 in COVID-19 relief funds, embezzles money, prosecutors say
A Florida nurse
fraudulently obtained and laundered $420,000 in coronavirus relief funds, prosecutors say.
Fox News. Monday, 11 Jan 2021.
- Prosecutors: Florida nurse lied to get $420k in virus relief
MIAMI (AP) - A South Florida nurse
fraudulently obtained about $420,000 in coronavirus relief funds, federal prosecutors said. Giraldo Caraballo, 55, of Miami, made his initial appearance Friday in Miami federal court. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 9 Jan 2021.
- California bypasses tough nurse care rules amid COVID surge
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Nerissa Black was already having a hard time tending to four COVID-19 patients who need constant heart monitoring. ...
Washington Times. Friday, 8 Jan 2021.
- Nurse who received first coronavirus vaccine in US gets second dose
The New York nurse
who became the first in the U.S. to receive a dose of the Pfizer and BioNTech coronavirus vaccine last month received her second shot on Monday, becoming one of the first in the country to be fully inoculated.
Fox News. Monday, 4 Jan 2021.
Nurse Practitioners News Headlines and News Summaries