This Nurse news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about nurses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Police unearth human remains thought to be those of missing nurse, 65, in woods
Judy Fox, 65, has been missing since a fire in her home in Shifnal, Shopshire. Her daughter Lucy has been charged with her murder and yesterday police said they had found human remains
Daily Mail. Friday, 10 Jul 2020.
- Woman found father's 'murderer' as NYPD wouldn't investigate
Jorge Cornejo, 76, was found lying on Jamaica Avenue in New York with a head injury on June 20 and EMTs assumed he had fallen but his nurse
daughter Jennifer Espinal said it didn't make sense.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 9 Jul 2020.
- Nurse and midwife numbers jump by record amount
There are 18,000 more registered than a year ago, but some fear the pandemic could hit recruitment.
BBC News. Wednesday, 8 Jul 2020.
- Chilean nurse plays violin for coronavirus patients, exhausted staff after finishing shift
A Chilean nurse
on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic stayed at the hospital after her shift ended, using her violin to serenade sick patients and exhausted staff in a show of love and hope.
Fox News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Hospitals across Texas prepare to hit capacity amid virus surge
who fell ill with COVID-19 warns it could happen to anyone.
CBS News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus: Royals meet Norfolk nurse parted from girls for nine weeks
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit a hospital and thank staff for their coronavirus efforts.
BBC News. Monday, 6 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus spikes in Texas: This hospital has quadrupled capacity yet is almost full
This Houston hospital tried to prepare for the second wave of COVID-19, but was already 80% full this week as a nurse
and doctor fell ill.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Fighting COVID-19 in Texas as cases spike
A Texas nurse
who says she almost died from COVID-19 returns to the battle lines as doctors voice concerns over the rising number of cases in the state. Janet Shamlian reports.
CBS News. Thursday, 2 Jul 2020.
- Heartwarming photos show mom, dad hugging son for first time after 3 month separation because of coronavirus
This is the heart-warming moment a self-isolating nurse
was able to hold her two-year-old son for the first time after being forced apart for 11 weeks.
Fox News. Tuesday, 30 Jun 2020.
- Big tobacco, big oil and Buffett join Fed's portfolio
The transactions disclosed Sunday are the first individual company bond purchases made by the Fed under new programs set up to nurse
the economy through the coronavirus pandemic. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Arlington Doctor, Two Others Charged With Drug Distribution Conspiracy, Fraud
Arlington physician Clint Battle and his nurse
practitioner, Donna Green, were charged with conspiracy to distribute controlled substances.
NBC. Friday, Jun 26 2020.
- North Texas Nurse Returns From NYC as Texans Face New Travel Restrictions
This time next week, Anna Slayton will be headed home to her husband and children in Midlothian after working 11 weeks on the front lines of the fight against COVID-19 in New York City.
NBC. Thursday, Jun 25 2020.
- She's a nurse with DACA protections. The coronavirus pandemic was a call to duty
At least 27,000 DACA recipients work in healthcare, many of them on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic.
Los Angeles Times. Thursday, 18 Jun 2020.
- Family of Munster Community Hospital patient shot, killed by security guard questions official narrative of incident
Jamal Williams' family said he had been at the hospital for only hours for a mental health check after being under stress, and questioned the official narrative that he had been beating a nurse
before he was shot.
ABC News. Friday, 19 Jun 2020.
- French nurse: We cared for COVID patients, who will care for us?
At the peak of the COVID-19 crisis in France, 29-year-old nurse
Justine Debrie volunteered to work in a hospital coronavirus unit. Now she wants to know how the French state is going to recognise her sacrifice.
Reuters. Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020.
Nurse Practitioners News Headlines and News Summaries