This Nurse news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about nurses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Doctors should study dance so they are more emotionally in tune with patients, expert says
An academic and former nurse
said doctors could learn from the arts. Medical students may soon swap scrubs for spangles and emulate former Strictly contestant Dr Ranj Singh (pictured)
Daily Mail. Saturday, 16 Oct 2021.
- Screening nurse reveals how to spot cancerous moles at home
Speaking to FEMAIL, Laura Harker, a lead screening nurse
at the UK's The MOLE Clinic, discussed the key features everyone should look out for when checking their moles at home.
Daily Mail. Friday, 15 Oct 2021.
- Nurse pay: RCN in formal dispute with Welsh government over 3% rise
went "above and beyond" during Covid, but now feel "undervalued", says a trade union.
BBC News. Thursday, 14 Oct 2021.
- Nurse Dies After She Is Knocked to Ground in Times Square
Maria Ambrocio, 58, who worked through the pandemic in a New Jersey hospital, was knocked down by a man who was fleeing after snatching a cellphone, the police said.
New York Times. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- Michigan health care provider with COVID vaccine requirement offers $10G bonuses for new nurse hires
A top Michigan health care provider that recently had to close nearly 200 of its hospital beds due to a staffing shortage is now offering new registered nurses
a $10,000 sign-on bonus.
Fox News. Monday, 11 Oct 2021.
- NJ nurse dies from injuries after being shoved to ground by alleged mugger in Times Square
Maria Ambrocio, 58, was taken off life support on Saturday after being left brain dead from a head injury she suffered when an alleged mugger knocked her to the ground in New York City's Times Square, her family and friends said.
Fox News. Sunday, 10 Oct 2021.
- Covid vaccine: Why these US workers won't get jabbed
A teacher, a nurse
and an IT worker say why they would rather lose their jobs than get jabbed.
BBC News. Saturday, 9 Oct 2021.
- Doctor arrested over hit-and-run death of nurse who had stopped to help a crash victim
A California doctor has been arrested following a hit-and-run collision that killed a nurse
who had stopped to help a crash victim.
Sky News. Thursday, 7 Oct 2021.
- Nurse denies murdering eight babies and attempted murder of another 10
has denied murdering eight babies and the attempted murder of 10 others over the period of a year.
Sky News. Monday, 4 Oct 2021.
- Nurse assistant shot dead in Philly hospital, allegedly by co-worker
The victim was a 43-year-old male nurse. The suspect fled but got involved in a shootout with police and was wounded, along with two officers.
CBS News. Monday, 4 Oct 2021.
- School nurse falls victim to scam targeting Bank of America and Zelle customers
"You see that $3,500 and your heart just sinks." After being caught in a scam targeting Bank of America and Zelle users, one school nurse
was tricked into transferring thousands of dollars to fraudsters.
ABC News. Thursday, 23 Sep 2021.
- Hospitals offer incentives, signing bonus amid nurse shortage due to COVID burnout
The nursing profession, which was already stretched before the pandemic, is now in greater demand than ever before.
ABC News. Thursday, 9 Sep 2021.
- At least 7 New Orleans nursing home residents die after being evacuated to warehouses during Ida
detailed the horrifying conditions at a warehouse where hundreds of nursing home residents were kept during Hurricane Ida. At least seven patients have died. Jessi Mitchell reports.
CBS News. Tuesday, 7 Sep 2021.
- Ex-Nurse Pleads Guilty to Sexually Assaulting Patient in Vegetative State
Nathan Sutherland, a former nurse
at an Hacienda HealthCare facility in Phoenix, pleaded guilty to assaulting a woman in his care who later gave birth to his child.
New York Times. Friday, 3 Sep 2021.
- US Hospitals Hit with Nurse Staffing Crisis Amid COVID
are quitting or retiring, exhausted or demoralized by the crisis. Others leave for lucrative temporary jobs.
Voice of America. Friday, 3 Sep 2021.
Nurse Practitioners News Headlines and News Summaries