This Nurse news page includes news headlines, articles, and citations about nurses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Nurse Graduates From University Where He Once Worked as a Janitor
Frank Baez was a teenager when he started working as a hospital janitor at New York University to help support his family. Fourteen years later he walked away from the same school with a nursing degree in his hand and a smile on his face.
Newsmax. Friday, 24 May 2019.
- Mandatory overtime for nurses at center of Ohio hospital strike
A hospital strike now in its third week is putting a spotlight on staffing shortages at the same time Ohio lawmakers are debating legislation that would allow nurses to refuse mandatory overtime.
Modern Healthcare. Thursday, 23 May 2019.
- Mandatory overtime for nurses at center of hospital strike
A strike entering its third week at an Ohio hospital is putting a spotlight on concerns about forcing nurses to repeatedly work mandatory overtime
ABC News. Wednesday, 22 May 2019.
- Blue states sue over Trump's 'conscience' rule for health workers
Blue-state leaders filed suit Tuesday against a Trump administration rule that shields doctors or nurses who object to participating in abortions or other medical procedures on religious grounds. ...
Washington Times. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Doctors and nurses celebrate end of chemo for 5-year-old with song
Slater Bushman, 5, is going home healthy after fighting high-risk neuroblastoma for more than 400 days. Doctors and nurses at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis celebrated the fact that he's cancer free with a song.
CBS News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Don't be complacent over laughing gas risks, say nurses
Nurses are warning drug use can cause breathing and heart problems - and sometimes death.
BBC News. Tuesday, 21 May 2019.
- Ex-nurse accused of raping patient appeals HIV testing order
A former nurse charged with sexually assaulting an incapacitated woman who later gave birth at a Phoenix long-term care facility has appealed an order requiring a test to determine if he has HIV
ABC News. Monday, 20 May 2019.
- Staff shortages 'abusing good will of nurses'
Nursing chiefs want to see safe staffing rules enshrined in law as 40,000 posts remain vacant.
BBC News. Sunday, 19 May 2019.
- For foreign wives of Saudi Arabian men, legal limbo sometimes awaits
For Teresa Malof, the ad seeking nurses to work in Saudi Arabia was a chance to reboot her life. She was 29, her mother had recently passed away and her first marriage had ended in divorce. ...
Los Angeles Times. Wednesday, 15 May 2019.
- Adtalem (ATGE) Extends BSN Sessions to Tap Growing Demand
Adtalem Global Education's (ATGE) BSN degree program will be offered during evenings and weekends in order to serve the growing demand for nurses.
Zacks. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Proposed law seeks to increase access to rape kits
Bipartisan bill would establish national standards of care for survivors of sexual assault and expand access to services, including the specialized nurses who administer rape examinations
CBS News. Tuesday, 14 May 2019.
- Grieving father releases unseen pictures of his daughter 18 years after she vanished aged 24
The case of missing student nurse Louise Kerton, from Broadstairs, Kent, has frustrated police and private investigators since she went missing on her way home from Germany in 2001.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- Britain's worst woman peadophile Vanessa George could be freed 'within days'
The child abuser, from Plymouth, Devon, was jailed for a minimum of seven years in 2009 after taking 64 pictures of herself harming babies and toddlers at the Little Teds nursery.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 12 May 2019.
- Nurse practitioners say they want to do more in rural areas
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - When you go to a doctor's office for a stomachache, sore throat or back pain, it's becoming more likely that the person treating you won't be a physician but a nurse practitioner. Even Dr. ...
Washington Times. Saturday, 11 May 2019.
- Guinness reverses course, London nurse gets world record
Sometimes nurses have to turn it up a notch to get the respect they deserve. Two recent incidents, involving a state legislator and the London Marathon, show them standing up for their own.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 11 May 2019.
Nurse ready for work
Related Directory Page(s)
Nurse Practitioners News Headlines and News Summaries