This Nurse news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about nurses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- WATCH: ICU nurse describes toll of working amid pandemic
A Louisiana nurse
shared the emotional toll of working in the intensive care unit throughout the pandemic, saying, "We're losing people ... that are never going to see their kids graduate."
ABC News. Saturday, 31 Jul 2021.
- Emotional Wilby disappointed he couldn't win medal for NHS nurse mum
An emotional James Wilby pays tribute to his NHS nurse
mother Fiona, saying he was disappointed he could not reward her sacrifices with an Olympic medal.
BBC News. Thursday, 29 Jul 2021.
- Doctor shares strong, unexpected bond with NICU nurse who cared for him decades ago
Vilma Wong and Dr. Brandon Seminatore both work in the neonatal intensive care unit at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. But they first met there years before, under very different circumstances. ...
CBS News. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- North Texas Nurse Contracted COVID-19, Says Vaccine Saved Her From Severe Illness
A North Texas nurse
who got COVID-19 even though she is fully vaccinated, says the vaccine saved her from a more severe illness.
NBC. Wednesday, Jul 28 2021.
- Shropshire woman who murdered and dismembered mother sent to mental health unit
Lucy Fox, 39, butchered retired nurse
Judy Fox, 65, at her home before chopping up her corpse and disposing of the body parts in bin liners near the River Severn in Shropshire.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Nurse surprises her relatives in Northern Ireland after spending two years in Australia
Hannah Patterson, 25, has returned home to Northern Ireland for the first time in two years. She spent two years working in Australia and couldn't return home because of the pandemic.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 28 Jul 2021.
- Dallas Nurse Contracts COVID-19 Months After She Got Vaccinated
A Dallas nurse
is sharing her experience about contracting COVID-19 months after she became fully vaccinated.
NBC. Friday, Jul 23 2021.
- 96-year-old believed to be 'oldest working nurse in America,' hangs up her scrubs
A Washington-based nurse
said to be the oldest working nurse
in America retired at age 96.
Fox News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Welsh NHS pay rise: Nurses 'not ruling out strike' after 3% offer
says the offer is "pitiful" and that people are leaving the profession "in droves".
BBC News. Thursday, 22 Jul 2021.
- Sen. Kennedy slams social media's 'nauseously woke' standards after trans woman attempting to nurse goes viral
Senator John Kennedy R-La., called out the apparent double standard of social media and Big Tech after a video of a transgender parent attempting, unsuccessfully, to breastfeed a baby went viral.
Fox News. Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021.
- Nurse who received first COVID vaccine to be recognized at Smithsonian
Sandra Lindsay, who immigrated to New York when she was 18, "poured her heart and soul" into the fight against COVID-19.
CBS News. Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021.
- India Walton, self-professed socialist, on track to be Buffalo mayor
The next mayor of Buffalo, New York, will be a self-described socialist. India Walton, a 38-year-old nurse
and political newcomer, is on track to handily defeat long-term incumbent Byron Brown in the Democratic primary. ...
Washington Times. Wednesday, 23 Jun 2021.
- Carol Jarecki, Respected Chess Referee, Dies at 86
She was known for her practical, no-nonsense approach at scores of major tournaments. She was also a pilot and a nurse
and, with her husband, conquered the game of roulette.
New York Times. Monday, 14 Jun 2021.
- Former School Nurse Arrested For Allegedly Taking 700 Pictures Of Underaged Girls While They Used Restrooms
Investigators say they found nude photos depicting female students
Daily Caller. Friday, 21 May 2021.
- Posen hit-and-run: Balloon release honors grandmother killed while leaving church on Mother's Day
The 62-year-old grandmother, mother, and retired nurse
was pulling away from her beloved Posen church with plans to spend Mother's Day with her daughter.
ABC News. Wednesday, 12 May 2021.
Nurse Practitioners News Headlines and News Summaries