This Nurse news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about nurses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Coronavirus: Nurse who ignored pain has leg amputated
Sette Buenaventura ignored cramp in her calf to continue working but later found she had cancer.
BBC News. Friday, 7 Aug 2020.
- Videos show man restrained by jail officers before his death
Five former jail officers and a nurse
were charged with involuntary manslaughter in John Neville's death.
CBS News. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Breastfeeding mother says her own family criticizes her for nursing her son
Stay-at-home mom Anna Carthy, from Ontario, fell pregnant with son Winn when she was 19, but she says she knew immediately that she wanted to nurse
Daily Mail. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Nominate a health hero: Meet the mental health nurse battling her own demons
Nominate a health hero: Hayley McLellan, who lives with husband Scott, 43, an IT technician, and their children Caitlan, 21, Casey, 19, and Kenzie, 12, in Bacup, Lancashire.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- COVID-19 nurse marries in emotional hospital ceremony
This COVID-19 unit helped a nurse
say "I do" after her wedding was canceled.
ABC News. Sunday, 26 Jul 2020.
- Chicago nurse brawls with train passenger who ranted about coronavirus: video
Video captured on the Chicago Transit Authority Red Line shows a male nurse
brawling with a fellow passenger, who witnesses claimed was ranting about the coronavirus.
Fox News. Saturday, 25 Jul 2020.
- Samantha Hickey, Nurse With a Gift for Diagnosis, Dies at 45
Ms. Hickey trained dozens of junior colleagues and exercised rare skills as a diagnostician over more than 20 years as a nurse
in southwestern Idaho. She died of Covid-19.
New York Times. Thursday, 23 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus nurse makes semi-finals in beauty competition after stressful shift prompted her to apply
Nursing her way to victory.
Fox News. Thursday, 23 Jul 2020.
- Senior Bradford nurse survives 40-day coronavirus coma
A senior nurse
is applauded out of hospital by colleagues after surviving a 40-day Covid coma.
BBC News. Tuesday, 21 Jul 2020.
- Nurse on COVID-19 front-lines receives surprise appreciation
Nursing supervisor is recognized by her coworkers for helping in the fight against COVID-19.
ABC News. Friday, 17 Jul 2020.
- Champion Boxer And Pandemic Nurse Kim Clavel Returns To The Ring July 21
Canada's 11-0 light flyweight talks about serving COVID-19 patients, in this Q&A.
Forbes. Thursday, 16 Jul 2020.
- Hospitals across Texas prepare to hit capacity amid virus surge
who fell ill with COVID-19 warns it could happen to anyone.
CBS News. Tuesday, 7 Jul 2020.
- Coronavirus spikes in Texas: This hospital has quadrupled capacity yet is almost full
This Houston hospital tried to prepare for the second wave of COVID-19, but was already 80% full this week as a nurse
and doctor fell ill.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 3 Jul 2020.
- Big tobacco, big oil and Buffett join Fed's portfolio
The transactions disclosed Sunday are the first individual company bond purchases made by the Fed under new programs set up to nurse
the economy through the coronavirus pandemic. ...
Yahoo. Sunday, 28 Jun 2020.
- Arlington Doctor, Two Others Charged With Drug Distribution Conspiracy, Fraud
Arlington physician Clint Battle and his nurse
practitioner, Donna Green, were charged with conspiracy to distribute controlled substances.
NBC. Friday, Jun 26 2020.
Nurse Practitioners News Headlines and News Summaries