This Nurse news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about nurses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Nurse who claimed Tory voters should not be resuscitated reveals she will be sacked
Miranda Hughes, who appeared on Jeremy Vine's Channel 5 show on Monday said she may have lost her job as a result of the comments made on the live TV show.
Daily Mail. Wednesday, 5 Oct 2022.
- 'If you voted Tory you don't deserve to be resuscitated by the NHS': Outrage at nurse's outburst
Former NHS nurse
Miranda Hughes made the incendiary comments during a live TV debate on Channel 5 last night called 'Britain on the Brink'.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022.
- Nurse reunited with 'knight in shining armour' after heroic hurricane rescue
has been reunited with a TV reporter she hailed as her "knight in shining armour" after he carried her to safety on his back when she became trapped in floodwaters as Hurricane Ian hammered Florida.
Sky News. Sunday, 2 Oct 2022.
- James Geoffrey Griffin: The child abuse scandal that shamed Tasmania
"Did anyone do enough?" asked one victim of a nurse
who sexually abused children for up to 30 years.
BBC News. Tuesday, 27 Sep 2022.
- Louise Fletcher: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest's Nurse Ratched dies aged 88
Fletcher won an Oscar for her memorable portrayal of the film's villainous Nurse
BBC News. Saturday, 24 Sep 2022.
- Louise Fletcher, Oscar winner for 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest,' dies at 88
Louise Fletcher, who won an Academy Award for her role as Nurse
Ratched in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," has died at the age of 88.
ABC News. Saturday, 24 Sep 2022.
- Louise Fletcher, Oscar-winning actor who played Nurse Ratched in 'Cuckoo's Nest,' dies
Louise Fletcher, who gave an Oscar-winning performance playing villainous Nurse
Ratched in 1975's 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest,' died Friday.
Los Angeles Times. Saturday, 24 Sep 2022.
- Nurse shortage could reach more than 1M by end of year
The projected deficit could be more than 1 million nurses
by the end of the year.
ABC News. Thursday, 22 Sep 2022.
- Judge denies hospital release for nurse in deadly Windsor Hills crash: 'She stole 6 innocent lives'
A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge denied Nicole Linton's request to be released from jail to a psychiatric hospital.
Los Angeles Times. Monday, 12 Sep 2022.
- Leah Cole Allen Is Lieutenant Governor Nominee in Massachusetts
Leah Cole Allen, a nurse
who did not comply with a vaccine mandate, won the Republican primary for lieutenant governor, forming a right-wing ticket with Geoff Diehl.
New York Times. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- 'I've stabbed my husband twice': Nurse murdered partner as he lay in bed
A nurse who stabbed her husband to death as he lay in bed has been jailed for life.
Sky News. Wednesday, 7 Sep 2022.
- CVS Health fires nurse over her anti-abortion stance, suit says
Paige Casey is suing retail chain for $100K, but providing abortion options is part of her job, a CVS spokesman said.
CBS News. Thursday, 1 Sep 2022.
- Nurse practitioner says CVS fired her over abortion stance
practitioner from northern Virginia sued CVS Health on Wednesday, saying she was fired for refusing to provide abortion-inducing drugs at its MinuteClinic medical facilities.
Washington Times. Wednesday, 31 Aug 2022.
- Ducks' Zegras, Canada's Nurse on NHL 23 cover
After players attempted to recreate Trevor Zegras' over-the-goal assist in last year's game, the Ducks forward is now on the NHL 23 cover. He is joined by Sarah Nurse, who is the first women's hockey player to be on the game's cover.
ESPN. Wednesday, 24 Aug 2022.
- CBS News checks in with nurse behind powerful COVID pictures
Alan Hawes' work on the front lines of the pandemic gave himself and the world some powerful perspective.
CBS News. Tuesday, 23 Aug 2022.
Nurse Practitioners News Headlines and News Summaries