This Nurse news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about nurses from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Australian radio DJ behind 2012 royal prank call reveals plans to help people in need
Australian radio DJ Mel Greig, 36, has revealed her plans to help children and mental health sufferers following nurse
Jacintha Saldanha's death when a royal prank call went wrong in 2012.
Daily Mail. Monday, 19 Aug 2019.
- Tech helping to alleviate nurse shortage, experience gaps
As nursing shortages hit the Southern and Western U.S., health systems are turning to new tech tools to improve recruitment, retention and education.
Modern Healthcare. Saturday, 17 Aug 2019.
- Heart-stopping moment shark turns around and chases after panicking snorkeler
Dan Aquino was snorkeling in the US Virgin Islands when a nurse
shark chased after him. The dangerous predator, which can grow up to 14 feet, approached the diver who hit it on the head.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 15 Aug 2019.
- Dementia care program improves mental health of patients, caregivers
A comprehensive dementia care program staffed by nurse
practitioners working within a health system improves the mental and emotional health of patients and their caregivers.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 14 Aug 2019.
- McKinney Nurse Spends Free Time Helping Patients in Africa
A North Texas emergency room nurse
travels to Africa to provide life-saving care to people in need. Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Monday, 12 Aug 2019.
- Canada defeats Nigeria in Nick Nurse's national team coaching debut
Canada's men's basketball team beat Nigeria 96-87 in an exhibition game on Wednesday, earning Nick Nurse
a victory in his Canadian coaching debut.
CBC News. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- JPS Nurse Crushed by Elevator Files Lawsuit in Excess of $1M
Carren Stratford, a nurse
at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, is suing elevator manufacturer thyssenkrupp after she was severely injured when an elevator she was riding in malfunctioned earlier... Photo Credit: NBC 5 News.
NBC. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- EXCLUSIVE: Gilroy survivor meets woman who stopped to help him after he was shot
"Thank you for being my angel that day, it meant a lot to me." A shooting victim reunited with the nurse
who helped treat him and then called 911.
ABC News. Wednesday, 7 Aug 2019.
- Casualty actor becomes A&E nurse in real life
Vicky Hall has swapped the sets of medical dramas for the hospital ward.
BBC News. Tuesday, 6 Aug 2019.
- Your Nurse Practitioner Will See You Now: How APPs Are Expanding Care Delivery
The use of nurse
practitioners and physician assistants in hospitals and doctors' offices has become the rule vs. the exception.
Forbes. Tuesday, 30 Jul 2019.
- Nurse celebrates 50th anniversary at Methodist Hospital, shows no signs of slowing down
at the Methodist Hospital of Chicago who migrated from the Philippines in 1969 is celebrating a major career milestone.
ABC News. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- Nurse says people should be "scared" by private equity firms
Philadelphia's 171-year-old Hahnemann Hospital was sold to a private equity firm -- now it may become luxury condos
CBS News. Monday, 29 Jul 2019.
- Cornwall overdose nurse suspended to improve English
The registered nurse
gave four times the prescribed dose of sedative to a patient on two occasions.
BBC News. Thursday, 25 Jul 2019.
- Combined online self-management for pain, associated anxiety and depression works
Online symptom self-management works to decrease pain, anxiety and depression and for some, online self-management plus nurse
telecare helps even more according to a new study. ...
Science Daily. Monday, 22 Jul 2019.
- Raptors star Kawhi Leonard won't make a decision about staying in Toronto on Sunday: reports
The Kawhi Leonard watch will continue, as it appears the NBA Finals MVP and two-time champion won't be making any decisions on Sunday night. Toronto coach Nick Nurse
says Leonard will be meeting with the Raptors in the coming days.
CBC News. Sunday, 30 Jun 2019.
Nurse Practitioners News Headlines and News Summaries