This Noise news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about noises from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- Brain noise contains unique signature of dream sleep
Dream or REM sleep is distinguished by rapid eye movement and absence of muscle tone, but electroencephalogram (EEG) recordings are indistinguishable from those of an awake brain. ...
Science Daily. Thursday, 6 Aug 2020.
- Samsung announces Galaxy Note 20 phones, its best shot at the new iPhones coming this fall
Samsung on Wednesday announced its new phones, a new watch, two tablets that are similar in size to Apple's newly refreshed iPad Pros and new noise-canceling earbuds that will compete with Apple's AirPods Pro at a lower price point.
CNBC. Wednesday, 5 Aug 2020.
- Is noise pollution killing whales and dolphins?
Dr Maria Morell studies their ears to discover if hearing damage led to their death.
BBC News. Tuesday, 4 Aug 2020.
- Make Some Noise: Media Cos. Jockey To Help Brands Up Their Audio Ad Game
"Must Hear TV commercial innovations in NBCU programs generated... 64% more in message memorability." - Josh Feldman, EVP/head of marketing and advertising.
Forbes. Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020.
- Listen to lockdown London's silent streets compared to the capital in 1928
The Museum of London has digitally recreated gramophone recordings taken by the Daily Mail in 1928 of London's road noise.
Daily Mail. Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020.
- Mossmorran: Noise-reducing work delayed to August 2021
ExxonMobil is requesting an eight-month delay on the installation of equipment at its plant in Fife due to coronavirus.
BBC News. Monday, 27 Jul 2020.
- How NHL games will look and sound during the restart
From (many) more cameras to pumped-in crowd noise, here's what fans watching at home can expect.
ESPN. Monday, 27 Jul 2020.
- 5 Coronavirus Questions That Will Keep You Safer, More Informed
These five Covid-19 questions (and answers) will help you plan for the future, maximize your health and separate useful news from useless noise.
Forbes. Monday, 27 Jul 2020.
- Everybody wants a piece of TikTok, but ByteDance is wise to hold on
Selling TikTok now might help Chinese owners ByteDance avoid a perilous path forward as the U.S. government makes noises
about a crackdown or ban. But it would also potentially cost ByteDance enormous future profits.
CNBC. Saturday, 25 Jul 2020.
- NHL games to have 5-second delay, EA cheering
The NHL will have a five-second delay and artificial crowd noise
when it restarts its season.
ESPN. Friday, 24 Jul 2020.
- NHL will deploy crowd noise and other techno wizardry to boost game atmosphere
The NHL is planning to use crowd noise, team goal songs and other technology to liven up empty arenas once the Stanley Cup playoffs begin.
Los Angeles Times. Friday, 24 Jul 2020.
- Neighbor 'woken up by a loud noise from construction site where Suzanne Morphew's husband worked'
Suzanne, 49, has not been seen since since she reportedly set off on a solo bike ride from her home in Maysville on May 10 - although no eyewitnesses have reported seeing her out on the bicycle.
Daily Mail. Friday, 24 Jul 2020.
- AKG Y600NC bring active noise-cancelling in premium over-ear design
AKG is bringing active noise-cancelling (ANC) to its Y series headphones for the first time - in the Y600NC.The Y series usually aims at being lightweight
Pocket Lint. Friday, 24 Jul 2020.
- Opening day: Empty parks, fake crowd noise and air high-fives
A baseball season that was on the brink before it ever began because of the virus outbreak is set to start Thursday night.
CBS News. Thursday, 23 Jul 2020.
- Boats and ships leave baby reef fish vulnerable to predators
Scientists say the noise
from boats and ships slows down the activity of baby fish on coral reefs, which leaves them more vulnerable to their predators.
Science Daily. Thursday, 23 Jul 2020.
Noise Control Services News Headlines and News Summaries