This Noise news page includes news headlines, summaries, and article citations about noises from diverse, English-language news sources around the world.
News articles are ordered by publication date, with the newest article listed first and the oldest article listed last.
- 7 Unexplained Mysteries From the World of Science
The world plays host to plenty of unexplained phenomena, from weird explosions to eerie ocean noises.
Mental Floss. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- BrandStorytelling BrandVoice: 4 Tips For Telling Your Best Brand Story
How can you break through the wall of noise
and captivate an audience in a meaningful way?
Forbes. Wednesday, 20 Jan 2021.
- Irving Woman Sets Up Memorial in Honor of COVID-19 Victims After Her Mom Died From the Virus
We know it can become like white noise, hearing the new COVID-19 case counts and number of deaths everyday. But we're always reminded that these are real people. ...
NBC. Wednesday, Jan 20 2021.
- After contentious election, Ugandans needed answers but opposition could not provide any
We were expecting a cacophony of noise
after the Ugandan Election Commission declared the result in a presidential poll that was both contentious and shockingly violent.
Sky News. Sunday, 17 Jan 2021.
- Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro review: A great set of true wireless headphones
How you judge these 'buds will likely come down to what you find the most important. Call quality is great, but the active noise-cancelling (ANC)
Pocket Lint. Friday, 15 Jan 2021.
- Anker introduces Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro wireless earbuds with ANC
At this year's virtual-only CES, Anker's Soundcore brand has launched a new pair of earbuds with active noise
cancellation.Called the Soundcore Liberty
Pocket Lint. Tuesday, 12 Jan 2021.
- Rangers 1-0 Celtic: Steven Gerrard ignoring 'noise' after Old Firm win
Rangers will ignore the "noise" around claims the Scottish Premiership title is theirs to lose after defeating Celtic, says manager Steven Gerrard.
BBC News. Saturday, 2 Jan 2021.
- Big Ben's chimes ring in 2021 for London's subdued New Year's celebrations
A few stragglers did defy the advice to stay indoors but otherwise, the noise
from Britain's most recognisable clock soon gave way to what was a subdued night.
Sky News. Friday, 1 Jan 2021.
- Neymar 'hosts 500 PEOPLE at a five-day festive party complete' in coronavirus-hit Brazil
The footballer had a disco built with acoustic protection in an annexe of a mansion near Rio de Janeiro to stop neighbours hearing the noise, according to Brazilian newspaper O Globo.
Daily Mail. Sunday, 27 Dec 2020.
- Christmas Day sinkhole closes part of Clifton road
Residents said they heard a "loud noise" at about 22:30 GMT on Christmas Day.
BBC News. Saturday, 26 Dec 2020.
- A Brazen Police Shooting Caught on Video Sparks Anger in the Philippines
The video shows a police officer shooting a woman and her son after a dispute over a noisemaker. Some activists linked the killings to a culture of violence in which the police are allowed to act with impunity.
New York Times. Tuesday, 22 Dec 2020.
- Seattle politician and 'defund the police' supporter calls 911
Lisa Herbold called the cops after hearing a 'loud noise
that sounded like a gunshot' which proved to be a rock being thrown through her window, according to a police report in Seattle.
Daily Mail. Thursday, 17 Dec 2020.
- Moscow Hobbles Into New Year With Fresh Financial Scandal
BBDO Group in Moscow, owned by Omnicom in NY, is being accused of tax fraud. Meanwhile, Russian retail investors ignoring the noise
Forbes. Monday, 14 Dec 2020.
- Hidden symmetry could be key to more robust quantum systems
Researchers have found a way to protect highly fragile quantum systems from noise, which could aid in the design and development of new quantum devices, such as ultra-powerful quantum computers.
Science Daily. Wednesday, 9 Dec 2020.
- Apple Unveils AirPods Max, It's First Over-Ear, Noise-Cancelling Headphones
With a whopping $549 price tag.
Entrepreneur. Tuesday, 8 Dec 2020.
Noise Control Services News Headlines and News Summaries